RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What are some of your most controversial opinions?
iloveyouall Offline
Renegade

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
Re: What are some of your most controversial opinions?

1.I think men should be able to hit women if they get hit first. I'm not sexist, but I'm tired of women getting away with hitting men. It's not right either way. I am also tired of chivalry. Women have arms, legs, ect. too.

2.I think certain people should have a limit on the number of children they have. Now if you're pregnant with octuplets, that's fine I guess. I think you can have a lot of kids if you can support them. But if you're unable to take care of other human lives, you shouldn't be having kids.

3.I think, to some extent, abortion is better than adoption. If you're adopted, you're going to be wondering who your real parents are and such, and it's probably miserable. With abortion, you know you're not ready yet and/or the child's going to be miserable, so you just take them out of their misery before it begins.
10-09-2009 11:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
~Mystery~ Offline
Fanatic

Given 22 thank(s) in 18 post(s)

1, Mentality Creates Reality
2. The South Should have won the Civil War
3. Acknowledging the existence of Racism only creates racism
4. 9/11 Was an Inside Job
5. Social Status defines all social interactions
6. Pro Abortion
7. End the Federal Reserve
8. All religions contain atleast one gem of wisdom however
9. Religion is full of negativity and bulshit that represses human Spirit/Pride.
10. Obama and George Bush are 10th cousins once removed.
11. No one has the right to own land/territory. Nomad Lifestyle
because the man who owns land is a theif.
12. Hitlers Buggy is the Best car in the World!

People act unaware that the human body is a walking pharmacy![Image: rolleyes.gif]~David Icke~
Religion was invented to keep the poor from harrasing the rich"~Napoleon Bonaparte~
Do As Thou Wilt Shall Be The Whole of The Law! ~The Secret Order of Thelema~
"Respect goes to those who do not want it" ~TrueAnarchist~
"The only limitations that a person has are those that are self-imposed." ~Unknown!~
“Attraction is an emotion.~Dr. Alex~
“Life is an illusion albeit a very persistent one” ~Albert Einstein

I Am A Messenger From The Seduction Community!
Mint Member
10-09-2009 03:50 PM
The Desert Fox Offline
Waging war with conviction

Given 102 thank(s) in 75 post(s)

1. Youth Rights
2. 9/11 was not an inside job, for the love of god
3. God doesn't exist in any way, shape, or form
4. Pepsi is better than Coke
5. Kelly's Heroes was a great movie
6. Masturbation is perfectly natural
7. If a woman had sex against her will, she can get an abortion
Squittle Wrote:Twilight is an overrated piece of shit
This.
9. The United States Military should drop the M-16/M4 family and replace them with the H&K G36 family.
10. Flecktarn is the best camouflage pattern ever.
11. Peaceful resolves aren't always the best way to do something.
12. Equal rights for everyone-regardless of age, size, race, or gender.
13. Everyone needs an education-but they deserve to do it the way they want to.

Hidden stuff:
(11-27-2011 01:00 PM)psychopath Wrote:  
(11-27-2011 10:52 AM)Efs Wrote:  Our Army is more professional than Amerika. Smile
Except ours isn't allowed to have guns
CrayolaColours Wrote:That post owned. TDF wins post of the year.
Faby Wrote:
krissy Wrote:dessert fox
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
"There is no enemy, there is no victory, only boys who lost their lives in the sand."
[/center]
10-09-2009 05:14 PM
Seymour Butts Offline
Rebel

Pieman Wrote:
Seymour Butts Wrote:Pieman: OK maybe I was slightly hasty with that comment, but it at least must seem like that to others who aren't part of the site. I mean, let's face it: we aren't really getting out to the community THAT much, are we? Most people hate their shcool, and for good reason, but can't be arsed starting a whole student revolution at said school. This place at least shows others that they aren't alone in their sttuggle, but we are all so far away from each other. And as I say, not everyone; some of the philosophical stuff I read on this site seriously gets me thinking. A lot of people here are prodigys. Yeah, maybe I was pretty hasty with that comment... Razz

You don't know the half of it. All we need is some big...thing. To get our word out, to get our voices heard, to tell the world our message. We have everything else covered, just been having trouble on the " Organize a movement " part. We're few and scattered mostly. Aka: Not enough of us in enough places.

Yeah. That's pretty much what I said though. Are you trying to tell me that's the only reason? What do you want to happen? Suicides, a matter of life and death, occur all over the place. Happened at my school a few months ago, and nothing has changed. I suppose not every school is like that though, I'm just having trouble thinking of what the "thing" could be.

In the words of a true hero:

"I accidentally the economy."
George W Bush
10-09-2009 11:39 PM
Pieman Offline
Pie Deity

Given 28 thank(s) in 23 post(s)

Seymour Butts Wrote:Yeah. That's pretty much what I said though. Are you trying to tell me that's the only reason? What do you want to happen? Suicides, a matter of life and death, occur all over the place. Happened at my school a few months ago, and nothing has changed. I suppose not every school is like that though, I'm just having trouble thinking of what the "thing" could be.

So are we, there's the problem. Go read some of the articles, and some stuff in the Best of School-Survival forum to get more of our message. The intro page too.

" I never knew until that moment how bad it could hurt to lose something you never really had. " ~From the television show The Wonder Years
10-10-2009 05:11 AM
Swift Offline
Fanatic

Given 9 thank(s) in 8 post(s)

1. Anarchy can work
2. 9/11 was not an inside job, fucktwits.
3. The only conspiracy theory I believe in is that all conspiracy theories were made up by the government, so that they could laugh the asses off when they hear conspiracy theorists.
4. Youth Rights

"I heard a joke once. Man goes to doctor says "I'm terribly depressed". Doctor says "I know just what you should do. Poliacci the clown is in town, go see him, you'll be cheered right up." The man bursts into tears. "But Doctor, I am Poliacci." Funny joke. Roll on snare drum. Everyone laugh."

-Rorschach

[Image: BANANAMAN.gif]
10-10-2009 08:46 AM
returnal Away
cold like minnesota (brrr!)

Given 29 thank(s) in 26 post(s)

Mystery Wrote:2. The South Should have won the Civil War
What the fuck?

woah dude
dude woah
10-10-2009 08:51 AM
Swift Offline
Fanatic

Given 9 thank(s) in 8 post(s)

Newtown Wrote:
What the fuck?

Slavery would have died in a few decades anyway. The South had laws that didn't allow new slaves to shipped to the South.

"I heard a joke once. Man goes to doctor says "I'm terribly depressed". Doctor says "I know just what you should do. Poliacci the clown is in town, go see him, you'll be cheered right up." The man bursts into tears. "But Doctor, I am Poliacci." Funny joke. Roll on snare drum. Everyone laugh."

-Rorschach

[Image: BANANAMAN.gif]
10-10-2009 08:53 AM
Squittle Offline
Revolutionary

Given 4 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

VoxHumana Wrote:
Newtown Wrote:
What the fuck?

Slavery would have died in a few decades anyway. The South had laws that didn't allow new slaves to shipped to the South.

But why should they have won...?

Because I dig you, like Aussies dig pies, like Born-Agains dig Jesus, like Jesus dug guys.
10-10-2009 09:00 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Given 113 thank(s) in 97 post(s)

VoxHumana Wrote:Slavery would have died in a few decades anyway. The South had laws that didn't allow new slaves to shipped to the South.
That's just speculation, and even if it's true, that means a few more decades of slavery. Not acceptable.

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
The quickest way to kill a revolution is to wait for it.
10-10-2009 10:24 AM
~Mystery~ Offline
Fanatic

Quote:that means a few more decades of slavery
Why not? its just like any other job. You work you get paid you get a few days off. Aeast Africans were garanteed work. Which is better than being white and unemployed.

People act unaware that the human body is a walking pharmacy![Image: rolleyes.gif]~David Icke~
Religion was invented to keep the poor from harrasing the rich"~Napoleon Bonaparte~
"The only limitations that a person has are those that are self-imposed." ~Unknown!~

Mint Member
10-11-2009 04:22 AM
Loxor Offline
Fanatic

Given 11 thank(s) in 10 post(s)

Mystery Wrote:Why not? its just like any other job. You work you get paid you get a few days off.

Atleast Africans were garanteed work. Which is better than being white and unemployed.

Work , and next to no reward.

It is nothing like any other job, in slavery you are a POSSESION nothing more than an ANIMAL, how is this similar to a job.

Actually it would probably be better to be unemployed that a slave.

Anything that ever happened or will... one condition, it has to be amazing.

I gave her wings but she don't wanna fly no more.

I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay
Watching the tide roll away
Ooo, I'm just sittin' on the dock of the bay
Wastin' time
10-11-2009 04:26 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Mystery Wrote:Why not? its just like any other job. You work you get paid you get a few days off. Aeast Africans were garanteed work. Which is better than being white and unemployed.

Wtf

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
10-11-2009 04:30 AM
Squittle Offline
Revolutionary

Given 4 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

Mystery Wrote:
Quote:that means a few more decades of slavery
Why not? its just like any other job. You work you get paid you get a few days off. Aeast Africans were garanteed work. Which is better than being white and unemployed.

Except the work is hard and painful and inhumane and you are a piece of property and not considered human and you lose a large amount of rights and you can't quit and you get beaten for mistakes and disrespects and your life is painful and miserable and there's no way you can escape it. Other than that, totally like a regular job.

Because I dig you, like Aussies dig pies, like Born-Agains dig Jesus, like Jesus dug guys.
10-11-2009 05:22 AM
~Mystery~ Offline
Fanatic

Squittle Wrote:Except the work is hard and painful and inhumane and you are a piece of property and not considered human and you lose a large amount of rights and you can't quit and you get beaten for mistakes and disrespects and your life is painful and miserable and there's no way you can escape it. Other than that, totally like a regular job.

You're probably right about the property and freedom part, but the idea that slaves got frequent lashings isn't accurate.

Anyways slavery wasn't the main issue in this war,
They can't claim to be fighting for freedom when both sides are drafting their soldiers!

and while I don't condone slavery against free will I have no sympathy for the expansionist tendencies of the Union's federal government which is why I won't support it.

Mint Member
10-11-2009 06:23 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Slavery is worse than anything the Union did that the Confederates didn't.

10-11-2009 07:13 AM
~Mystery~ Offline
Fanatic

Its more complicated than that. You see the Union also benefited from slavery through cotton taxes. they wanted slavery as well

the war was already half over when Lincoln stood up and said "hey lets make this war about slavery now" in response to war threats from france/britain.

Mint Member
10-11-2009 09:55 AM
Reptorian Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 13 post(s)

chemistry hater Wrote:I might as well say I believe in mermaids. I'm sure I'll have people thinking I'm crazy. But how's that different from saying you believe in god?

The differences are in believing mermaids and believing in god is that you have an belief of an thing that can looked up by researches by looking into scientific studies because it is an physical object and the other one is something mysterious that haven't shown any sign of evidence to prove he exist or he didn't. There's no physical evidence of an mermaid when it is researched, thus mermaids don't exist. About the god theory, there may be not physical evidence that are revealed for the possibility of god, but since we only look into few part of the universe and don't acknowledge the whole past of the whole universe, then we cannot verify whether god exist or not.

Controversial Opinions List

-I believe that majority to all mythological creatures was made-up since no physical evidence of them existing and the god inside religions do not exist, but however I believe in the possibility of god only in the form where you cannot find out more than 90 percent of god in terms of the workings of it and things like that.

-The minority of the society such as the anti-school subculture should always question the society regarding of what the society tells them thinking of rational arguments and look into the false assumption of what the society in order to make proper arguments against the society regarding of what the risks are.

-Animal cruelty should be a lot more severe to the point where the domestic animals are considered equal as humans and deeply harsh pain shall be injected if the domestic dogs haven't died, but is suffering with large amount of pain with no bailouts.

-Animals shouldn't be trained in war, but unfortunately dolphins are trained to get involved into war simply because they're an animal where they can be considered as most intelligence comparing to humans only if humans don't have oppositional thumbs living at sea.

-Animal hunting against dangerous wild animals should take place at the start of night to the darkest of the night time while population shall always stay to the point where these animals can be able to reproduce and the humans should not try to get these animals to be extinct.

-The minority should have more powers than the majority of the person if they are qualified although they may be against the society's views entirely.

-Elimination of unnecessary wide-spread killings caused by groups of people hired to kill an certain group of people should be taken down with the results of having deep, sharp, neurologically damaging, and huge control to the point where these groups of people are wanting to commit suicide and they are to confess what are they're doing to the entire society.

-Anybody should have the right to take a look at nudity anywhere they want, but they are usually consented to psychological checking regarding of what age they are.

-Noone should be beaten or hurt because they are not doing the works they are enforced to do so, but rather they should have the right to avoid the works completely to do another work.

-Teenagers 13 and older should be trained to work as an paid employee regarding of what they have.

-Degrees have to be eliminated completely replacing with actual employee evaluation papers for determining how hard they work, what problems they have, and their advantages starting at an young age. The only thing degrees should be for fields like the medical field and science field.

-Education must be mandatory, but in the forms of any kinds of education should be taken as a choice to stick with it and be able to switch into another form of education.

ZZZ...
10-11-2009 11:55 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Mystery Wrote:Its more complicated than that. You see the Union also benefited from slavery through cotton taxes. they wanted slavery as well

the war was already half over when Lincoln stood up and said "hey lets make this war about slavery now" in response to war threats from france/britain.
I don't care what Lincoln's motivation was. A Union victory would have meant the immediate end of slavery, and a Confederate victory would have meant, as you said, "a few more decades" of it. Therefore I prefer a Union victory. It's as simple as that. Few things in politics would have justified a terrible, bloody war like the American Civil War, but slavery was one of them.

10-11-2009 03:05 PM
~Mystery~ Offline
Fanatic

Well then I don't support the Union because they caused the bloodiest war in american history. Not too mention all the natives they wiped out under that flag.

Remember all a Confederate Victory means is to get all those damn yankees off of southern soil.

Mint Member
10-12-2009 02:54 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

No. It also meant a few more decades of slavery. What part of this is confusing you?

10-12-2009 05:30 AM
~Mystery~ Offline
Fanatic

let me clarify

I think given a choice a Decade of slavery is preferrable to 600,000 dead.

If the south won we could have avoided the Civil war altogether.

Mint Member
10-12-2009 12:52 PM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Given 28 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

He kinda has a point thar. If you think about it, it probably costs more to house a slave than it would be to actually pay them. People would soon realize this, and send the slaves running.

[Image: True-Blood-Banner-true-blood-2196368-500-82.jpg]
Faith o' Meter
-{|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||}-
Quote:Riddle me this, riddle me that. Give me a straight answer, you pain in the ass cat.
10-12-2009 01:08 PM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Quote:I think given a choice a Decade of slavery is preferrable to 600,000 dead.
I disagree, both with that statement, and the claim that slavery would have disappeared within "a decade." The first thing they probably would have done would be to just spend less money on slave housing. Treat them even shittier than before to save money. It would have been a hellish "decade" before slavery was finally phased out.

10-12-2009 01:21 PM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Given 28 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

What I wonder is why both sides of America were failing so bad. The Yankee general's game plan was literally "We'll just send some of these people in to blindly kill the troops, because we have more people than the South." And the South weren't very good fighters, apparently.

Some death could've easily been avoided, I think.

[Image: True-Blood-Banner-true-blood-2196368-500-82.jpg]
Faith o' Meter
-{|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||}-
Quote:Riddle me this, riddle me that. Give me a straight answer, you pain in the ass cat.
10-12-2009 01:25 PM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

The South had some pretty good soldiers. Lee was probably the greatest tactician in American history (the night before he joined the South, he apparently stayed up pacing in his room, deciding which side to help). Despite having some excellent officers, the North's problem was that many of their high commanders were political appointments without much skill, so in the early days of the war Lincoln couldn't get them to take the offensive. Grant was brought in because he would actually attack Lee, rather than just waiting and reacting.

10-12-2009 02:38 PM
~Mystery~ Offline
Fanatic

Rebelnerd Wrote:The South had some pretty good soldiers. Lee was probably the greatest tactician in American history (the night before he joined the South, he apparently stayed up pacing in his room, deciding which side to help). Despite having some excellent officers, the North's problem was that many of their high commanders were political appointments without much skill, so in the early days of the war Lincoln couldn't get them to take the offensive. Grant was brought in because he would actually attack Lee, rather than just waiting and reacting.

Pretty much sums it up

Mint Member
10-12-2009 03:06 PM
Paper Cuts Offline
Renegade

I have some "controversial" ideas I supposed

-To help control overpopulation, manditary birth control that one can only come off with a doctors permission.
-1 or 2 children per family
-Global demilitarization
-Abolishing all religion
-legalization and removal of all age restrictions for all drugs/cigarrettes/alcohol. Even though i am edge.
-Better sex ed, sex being non taboo and not being something to be ashamed of (So people will buy damn condoms!)
-Complete removal of all censorship, including of language and nudity. I personally think the only reason peopel are offended by swears are because they are censored
-destruction of the class system
-Removing traditional and moral values from schools

Just to name a few.

[Image: 177518.png]
11-06-2009 11:54 AM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Given 60 thank(s) in 49 post(s)

- No government
- Do whatever the fuck you want
- DO whatever the fuck you want
- If people don't like it then they'll cut you to pieces
- Go live in an oil mine in the north somewhere.

[Image: glorious666.png]
11-08-2009 04:07 PM
username01462781 Offline
Pariah

Given 8 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

This is my controversial opinion on homosexuality, if you don't agree with it remember it is only my opinion, I still haven't quite got a comfortable stance on homosexuals:

I think that most (some are for real, like mixed up genes did it) people who are homosexual choose to be homosexual, consciously or subconsciously. Whether their childhood did it or they were rejected by girls as a teen, they chose to gay as an escape from their lives. Thinking to themselves about why no one wants to be with them, they think that they are different (unknowingly that everyone is different no matter what) and "realize" that they must be destined to be gay.

Now because more people are saying that they are gay, people are starting to think that it is their actual sexuality, not just an unlucky date. Some guys are rabid sex addicts who think about girls all the time, some guys like girls but aren't entirely focused on them. The former type of guy might became gay now, even though he isn't, because the media is giving out more stereotypes of gay people. So just because your a guy and are interested in fashion, doesn't make you gay and other things along the lines of that.

This is probably entirely false and can be debunked with some scientific evidence, but I think it can be said for some people who are confused by their sexual orientation.
11-09-2009 02:28 PM