RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Total Transformation Scam (aka The Total Brainwashing)
McCoyote Offline
Defiant

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
RE: The Total Transformation Scam (aka The Total Brainwashing)

Actually, I think that program is trying to help you guys learn how to cope with adults and it targets their weaknesses as well (from what I've read...could be BS). It tries to make parents stop acting like victims and to allow freedom of choice (such as a choice between dishes and taking out garbage offers).

However, THIS stuff (the World Wide Association of Specialty Schools, which went by many names) is awful and scary:

http://reason.com/archives/2007/06/27/ro...-and-teens

"The suit alleges that teens were locked in outdoor dog cages, exercised to exhaustion, deprived of food and sleep, exposed to extreme temperatures without adequate clothing or water, severely beaten, emotionally brutalized, and sexually abused and humiliated. Some were even made to eat their own vomit."

In this case, the parents gave their responsibility to psychopaths who in turn tried to make little psychopaths out of the kids in their care. THAT is brainwashing.

Mitt Romney's friends under investigation in several countries for this abuse. Be sure to show your parents.
04-04-2012 12:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Given 184 thank(s) in 127 post(s)

Yes, these camps are much much worse, but this ass hat is still in the wrong. /ss/ is no stranger to wwasp or other behavior modification camps, but im pretty sure i speak for the majority when i say this brainwashing program is full of shit and is just another way to control powerless youth who rebel due to a lack of freedom.

Blog I post to now:
http://blog.darknedgy.net

Edfreedom.org -- An organization for more freedom in education.
http://www.edfreedom.org/join-us/
04-04-2012 01:04 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Tsukarekitta
McCoyote Offline
Defiant

Fair enough. Just pointing out two key differences. The South Park comment is not completely wrong actually. One thing the Dog Whisperer really stresses is that it is the dog owner at fault 99% of the time, not the dog. I would agree it is usually a parental issue but that the parents feel in over their heads.

The other difference being it involves the parents and in fact puts the onus on them. Yeah, it sounds totalitarian, but respect (for both the parent and the child) is also stressed.

(When I first saw the TTP I was afraid it was WWASSP. I was relieved to find out it did not involve cages and torture).

It is, I suppose, brainwashing to the extent that what they are trying to convey is yes you have choices, but in making them there are consequences. It is trying to make you, to some extent, "fit in." Without the ability to deal with others later in life, coping is difficult. It's natural to feel like they are trying to take away your individuality.

But they can't really do that. You might feel oppressed, but unless and until they actually control your brain, you are still you. Hang in there, it actually does get better. I'm really old and still have major issues with authority (and have fun with them at the same time! Smile ).

Anyway, that dude in the commercials died fairly recently. His family and business running itself now. And it's under a lot of scrutiny in part thanks to people like you asking questions. That's key!
04-04-2012 01:21 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Given 184 thank(s) in 127 post(s)

Yeah, its definitely a lot better than cages and torture. Im eighteen and dont really have to deal with parents much any more, i just think youth should be given enough freedon and what not to actually grow as a person and avoid bein to sheltered. And all of that.

Blog I post to now:
http://blog.darknedgy.net

Edfreedom.org -- An organization for more freedom in education.
http://www.edfreedom.org/join-us/
04-04-2012 01:52 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Anything that's based on trying to manipulate people to do what you want them to do instead of trying to understand/respect their point of view, is wrong and shouldn't be used. With the obvious exception of life or death situations, but those are actually quite rare.

In a way, subtle manipulations can even be worse precisely because they don't seem that bad, so people just accept them as being okay. They're not.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
04-04-2012 12:32 PM
Tsukarekitta Offline
Disowned

Given 5 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

My parents bought this for me. It pissed me off because of the irony in it. I'm usually quiet and calm. When I meet someone, I treat them with mutual respect. I don't look at skin color, I don't look at age - I look at you. If you treat me like shit, I WILL return the favor. It happens that my parents are dildos to me all the time, and I find this program rather offensive. My parents don't like it when I tell them my feelings, so I tell other people much to their chagrin.
(This post was last modified: 01-20-2013 05:54 AM by Tsukarekitta.)
01-20-2013 05:53 AM
 Thanks given by: SoulRiser
ghhking Offline
Rebel

The Total Transformation Scam (aka The Total Brainwashing)

You are getting very sleepy … Your eyelids are getting heavy …

Now, when I snap my fingers, you shall become a conformist robot. *SNAP*

And it is rumored, at that exact moment, "Family Guy" was canceled.
01-27-2013 01:28 PM
ghhking Offline
Rebel

When "fix your children" crap goes too far
01-27-2013 01:56 PM
Jjb1 Offline
Defiant

Obviously parents who are on here complaining about this system must not be doing their job right raising their kids. You shouldn't even have kids if you are not doing it right(parenting)!!!
03-13-2013 05:55 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)

(03-13-2013 05:55 AM)Jjb1 Wrote:  Obviously parents who are on here complaining about this system must not be doing their job right raising their kids. You shouldn't even have kids if you are not doing it right(parenting)!!!

I'm perplexed by this comment. My mind must be boggled because what I understand is that if you complain about a deceptive system that tries to brainwash teens, your not doing a good job raising your kid. From this, I deduce that to be a good parent, you must subject your teen to brainwashing and third party involvement in family business.

Now involving a third party into parenting thus means that the parent is not capable of parenting. Thus from this, I understood from you comment that to be good at parenting, you must let others parent for you because that's what true parenting is? Whereas parenting that involves parents is not a type of parenting because you would thus not be doing the job right.

This is what I seem to get from the post.

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2013 06:55 AM by brainiac3397.)
03-13-2013 06:54 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Total Transformation Radio Ads James Comey 21 11,859 04-15-2017 04:38 AM
Last Post: James Comey
  Brainwashing and how to avoid it Rule_BreakerXVIII 3 2,498 03-31-2017 04:07 AM
Last Post: James Comey
  "What's this? A new level? Ha! A useless transformation!" Jackass McAwesome 3 2,128 07-12-2009 04:40 AM
Last Post: Jackass McAwesome