RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello...hehe *is new*
Invisibella Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
Hello...hehe *is new*

Aloha! I'm Amanda/Mandy and I go to a Catholic Private School. I always have (I'm a sophomore now) and really never minded it much until the end of eight grade when I woke up and realized that not only was something terribly wrong with the world, my family, my religion, my life, but my school as well which brings me to this wonderful site.

My parents (and the rest of my family) are extremely conservative catholic folks who, of course, do not accept any of my new beliefs or practices or really...anything that I say that does not suit them. They were against me leaving my catholic faith. They were against me researching and persuing subjects that make me sad or make me dislike the way they tell me to live. And now they are against me even suggesting another form of education rather than the supposedly "excellent and supremely amazing" one I'm getting now.

I'm currently trying to convince them to allow me to go to an online school so if anyone has any suggestions on that please let me know hehehe Giggle .

About me: I like to write and ramble...alot... I like to pursue forms of self-education such as doing my own research on things and not just accepting what people tell me as true. I'm very unrelatable to everyone at my school; *who loves it by the way* I'm not sure how relatable I'll be to people here, but it's worth a shot! I like researching conspiracies, Harry Potter, spending time with my online friends, dancing, graphic design, and being myself.
09-25-2008 05:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
random_name Offline
Fanatic

Given 15 thank(s) in 15 post(s)
Re: Hello...hehe *is new*

hey, let me welcome you to our wondeful site. you may as well leave your sanity outside, you wont need it here. i welcome you, new recruit.

i like spending time with my online friends too (sometimes more so than with my irl ones) and love harry potter also.

please dont feed the trolls, and come on in!!

Hidden stuff:
"A 'no' uttered from deepest conviction is better and greater than a 'yes' merely uttered to please, or what is worse, to avoid trouble." - Mahatma Gandhi

"The irrationality of a thing is no argument against its existence, rather a condition of it."

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Ben Franklin

"when I was a kid I used to pray for a bicycle. then I realized that god doesn't work that way. so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness."
"I would rather die for something I believe in than live for anything else."
"What is the task of higher education? To make a man into a machine. What are the means employed? He is taught how to suffer being bored." – F W Nietzsche
[Image: s-event.png]
09-25-2008 05:33 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Hi there. I really really like your username. Invisibella... just has a nice ring to it. Smile

Quote:I'm currently trying to convince them to allow me to go to an online school so if anyone has any suggestions on that please let me know hehehe Giggle .
If it's a state online school, and it's free, tell them it's just a regular school, only you don't have to physically GO anywhere. Tell them it requires social interaction over the internet if they're scared you'll turn into a hermit or something. It's basically the same as regular school, only you can go at whatever speed suits you best. Nobody holding you back because the teacher is going over the same stuff for the hundredth time, even though you already get it. Or whatever. More here: http://www.school-survival.net/alternat ... schooling/

EDIT: I just reread your post. If it's a conservative Catholic private school, they probably won't want you anywhere near a state school. (O NOES! INFIDELS ABOUND!) Uhoh
So yeah, that may be a bit more difficult.

So... welcome to SS, the land of pirates in strait jackets. There are no gnomes here!!!!! ... or there may very well be. Who knows? Cuckoo

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
09-25-2008 05:40 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
random_name Offline
Fanatic

the gnomes are my friends! and the straight jackets protect you, heed our warning.

Hidden stuff:
"A 'no' uttered from deepest conviction is better and greater than a 'yes' merely uttered to please, or what is worse, to avoid trouble." - Mahatma Gandhi

"The irrationality of a thing is no argument against its existence, rather a condition of it."

-Ben Franklin

"when I was a kid I used to pray for a bicycle. then I realized that god doesn't work that way. so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness."
"What is the task of higher education? To make a man into a machine. What are the means employed? He is taught how to suffer being bored." – F W Nietzsche
09-25-2008 05:45 AM
Sunbourn Offline
Proud crazy cat man

Given 289 thank(s) in 192 post(s)

Welcome. I assume you are an atheist now?

Who am I? Who are YOU?
09-25-2008 05:49 AM
Invisibella Offline
Rebel

Hehe HI! Smile *avoids both the gnombs and the trolls, trotting off towrads the faeries, or a place she suspects faeries might hide*

xoxoSARAHxoxo-

Oh, if only I had the IRL friends to enjoy spending time with Razz It's not like I haven't tried! I just live in the most conservative city in the world and lost all of my friends in my conversion to insanity.

Yay! Harry Potter! Sirius Black...ftw.

SoulRiser-

Hehe thank you Smile I use it on every site I can, but sometimes it's taken. Do you ever wonder what the people who've taken your desired username are like? For example, If I go onto a site and invisibella is taken and make another username, I end up never seeing anything from that user anywhere.... Maybe they're just trying to piss people off.

Yeah, it is a state school. They just think that I'm getting the almighty education selected for me by God himself right now. *Le sigh* So even normal looks drabby to them. They're impossible, I swear. I'm writing a super-long (not that everything I write isn't super long already...) letter to them about it.
09-25-2008 05:51 AM
Invisibella Offline
Rebel

|55555|-

Thank you! Hello and well on my way to becoming one which scares them shitless.
09-25-2008 05:52 AM
random_name Offline
Fanatic

Invisibella Wrote:Hehe HI! Smile *avoids both the gnombs and the trolls, trotting off towrads the faeries, or a place she suspects faeries might hide*

xoxoSARAHxoxo-

Oh, if only I had the IRL friends to enjoy spending time with Razz It's not like I haven't tried! I just live in the most conservative city in the world and lost all of my friends in my conversion to insanity.

Yay! Harry Potter! Sirius Black. ftw

i like sirius black, but i prefer dumbledore. and books over films. voldemorts death is one of my favourite peices of writing ever.

Hidden stuff:

-Ben Franklin

09-25-2008 05:54 AM
Michio-kun Offline
Fanatic

Given 28 thank(s) in 24 post(s)

Quote:I like researching conspiracies, Harry Potter, spending time with my online friends, dancing, graphic design, and being myself.

So...do you think 9/11 was an inside job?

To a mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders. - Chuang-tzu
The quieter you become, the more you can hear. - Baba Ram Dass
The whole moon and the entire sky are reflected in one dewdrop on the grass. - Dogen
Great Faith. Great Doubt. Great Effort. - The three qualities necessary for training. - Zen saying
Possessing much knowledge is like having a thousand foot fishing line with a hook, but the fish is always an inch beyond the hook. - Zen saying
09-25-2008 06:00 AM
random_name Offline
Fanatic

every single fucking thread strat, every single one. is that your aim?

Hidden stuff:

-Ben Franklin

09-25-2008 06:03 AM
Michio-kun Offline
Fanatic

She specifically said she likes looking up conspiracy theories, it was a legitimate and relevant question.

The whole moon and the entire sky are reflected in one dewdrop on the grass. - Dogen
Great Faith. Great Doubt. Great Effort. - The three qualities necessary for training. - Zen saying
Possessing much knowledge is like having a thousand foot fishing line with a hook, but the fish is always an inch beyond the hook. - Zen saying
09-25-2008 06:05 AM
random_name Offline
Fanatic

Rolleyes Laugh ok, i wont comment on that again then.

Hidden stuff:

-Ben Franklin

09-25-2008 06:06 AM
Michio-kun Offline
Fanatic

Invisibella Wrote:|55555|-

Thank you! Hello and well on my way to becoming one which scares them shitless.

Read Sam Harris' book "The End of Faith".

Atheists aren't that bad
Intolerance toward atheists
Atheism in America

09-25-2008 06:21 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Quote:ATHEISM:- The belief that there was nothing and nothing happened to nothing and then nothing magically exploded for no reason, creating everything and then everything magically rearranged itself for no reason what so ever into self-replicating bits which then turned into dinosaurs.

Makes perfect sense!

Couldn't resist. Giggle

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
09-25-2008 06:25 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
random_name Offline
Fanatic

that made me lol, might stick that on my re book.

Hidden stuff:

-Ben Franklin

09-25-2008 06:31 AM
Invisibella Offline
Rebel

Heheh yeah I do believe that 9/11 was a conspiracy. If you don't, I really don't feel like debating that right now.

Ah yes, definitely books over films!

Well, I just spoke to my parents about sending me to online school... it ended pretty much with me sobbing wishing I was dead and them saying "the point of school is not learning, it's getting a good job."

*Sighs* Just shoot me.
09-25-2008 06:42 AM
random_name Offline
Fanatic

now that would be a waste of what i suspect to be a brilliant mind.

Hidden stuff:

-Ben Franklin

09-25-2008 06:43 AM
Invisibella Offline
Rebel

Oh, thank you so much Smile

*Runs her fingers through her hair sadly, putting on her headphones and blasting LP - Numb*

I just can't take it anymore. I constantly feel like I'm being attacked on all sides. He said (screamed) that I just have to adapt to this system or flip hamburgers. What if I don't wanna?

(Apparently there's no room in this world for people "who don't wanna")
09-25-2008 06:50 AM
random_name Offline
Fanatic

Invisibella Wrote:Oh, thank you so much Smile

*Runs her fingers through her hair sadly, putting on her headphones and blasting LP - Numb*

I just can't take it anymore. I constantly feel like I'm being attacked on all sides. He said (screamed) that I just have to adapt to this system or flip hamburgers. What if I don't wanna?

(Apparently there's no room in this world for people "who don't wanna")

i adore that song!! i tend to blast it really loudly into the living room to piss mum off when she is being a pain in the arse and letting james get away with murder.

that tends to be the constant excuse used to justify school, what should matter more is your happiness, not whatever job you get in the future.

Hidden stuff:

-Ben Franklin

09-25-2008 06:54 AM
undergroundrevolutionary Offline
Pariah

Given 3 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

BIENVENIDOS!!!!
tell me about yourself

likes dislikes?
hobbies?

Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life your living? Bob Marley
09-25-2008 06:55 AM
Invisibella Offline
Rebel

I love that song too! And ah, do I know about that (siblings getting away with murder). I love observing how I do so little wrong in the breaking-the-rules area, yet get the most punishment...

I wish my dad thought that my happiness was more important than the job I get. Apparently a great job = happiness... Of course I won't get a job until much later so as for now...

Hehhe hello! Uhmmm... my hobbies are graphic design, Harry Potter, hanging out with my friends, reading, researching things on the internet, and being myself!

Likes: Weekends, nice people, non-judgemental people, happiness, chocolate,
Dislikes: How life is being right now, school, homework, andddd bush.
09-25-2008 07:02 AM
random_name Offline
Fanatic

no offence, but your dad sounds a bit weird. he isn't reading this, is he? if so, sorry mr invisibella.

my brother could blow up the entirety of england nd not get told off. i would, for not watching him. unfair, isn't it?

Hidden stuff:

-Ben Franklin

09-25-2008 07:05 AM
undergroundrevolutionary Offline
Pariah

Given 3 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

well i can agree with you on all of those except harry potter,

what state do you live in?
if you could be one place right now where would it be?
What do you think about weed?

Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life your living? Bob Marley
09-25-2008 07:07 AM
Invisibella Offline
Rebel

No, the computer happens to be my one freedom that he does not monitor. :giggles: Mr. Invisibella. That's funny Smile *Sighs* No he's not wierd, he's the essence of normality... Though that is sort of wierd though isn't it. The concept of normal?

My sister could kill my mother and not get in trouble.

I live in the state of insanity.
If I could be in one place right now it would be in some other country with the love of my life.
I think I wish I had some weed Razz No actually, I don't like mind-altering things like alcohol or drugs, though they do seem as quite a nice option some times when everything seems like the end of the world.
09-25-2008 07:16 AM
random_name Offline
Fanatic

wow, i managed to make someone laugh, that doesn't happen much. my computers tend to be monitored, but im working on it.

same here, but my brother already knows how to make a petrol bomb. he is 8. you see the problem?

Hidden stuff:

-Ben Franklin

09-25-2008 07:18 AM
Invisibella Offline
Rebel

I laugh easily and hard. *Could say something pervy about that but won't*

Ah, that's terrible. I'm pretty sure I'm one step away from becomming monitored...

Wow, yeah. Problem identified.
09-25-2008 07:23 AM
random_name Offline
Fanatic

Invisibella Wrote:I laugh easily and hard. *Could say something pervy about that but won't*

Ah, that's terrible. I'm pretty sure I'm one step away from becomming monitored...

Wow, yeah. Problem identified.

you really dont want to get me started on making things like that pervy, honestly. save that for pms.

lol, mum doesn't trust me after something that happened not so long ago that got found.. might tell you later i i get bored.

thouht it might be lol.

Hidden stuff:

-Ben Franklin

09-25-2008 07:26 AM
Invisibella Offline
Rebel

Hahaha duely noted.

*Remembers when her mom found love letters to her from her boyfriend and thought that she was a lesbien because she told her mom that "Montana" was a a girl...* Good times...good times... Funny times...really really funny times... Giggle
09-25-2008 07:38 AM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Given 296 thank(s) in 201 post(s)

So you're not a commie, right?
Right.....?
They're everywhere around here, it's starting to creep me out. I mean, what attracts a communist to this place?

Sorry.

Anyway, welcome.

[Image: nAOqYk7.png]

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
09-25-2008 08:15 AM
Invisibella Offline
Rebel

Nope...not a communist...

O.o