RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We're livin on a prayer.
tock172 Offline
Revolutionary

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
We're livin on a prayer.

I really feel like it right now, but i fucking LOVE IT!

So, I am a few weeks into my Junior year of high school. I have decent classes, and good teachers. I love public speaking, and AP english language. The teachers are great, and the discussion I have with the students is also amazing. Even though i can't stand math, i really like my teacher. AP Enviro Fascism class is a joke as I predicted, and even though I love history, I cannot stand my honors history class. It bores me. And as always, I love making suggestive shirts in graphics class.

And you know what? I am not doing homework.

Recently, I read Anthem, by Ayn Rand. I also started reading, Excuse Me, Your Life is Waiting.

I really related to Anthem because of it's setting in a future distopia, which is so similar to school.

Excuse me your life is waiting affirmed something I have been keeping the faith on for years now. I always told myself, that this was not all there is to life. There is more than going to high school, breaking your back in college, and then getting a shit job and fucking to get some kids out in the world. I swore to myself this was true. Finally, this book tells me that this reality we are all supposedly forced to deal with is of our own shitty making, and that no, we do not need to accept it. I put to practice the methods in this book and believe it or not, this stuff really works amazingly well, and I love every minute of it.

I feel like I am jivin with the universe right now, and I love it.

Fuck all this bullshit at school. Fuck it, what the fuck are you all doing wasting your damn lives away?

I feel right as if everything will be taken care of. I have no fears, no reservations, about anything. Everyone is going to break there back for nothing, and I am going to live to be happy :]

"One cannot make a difference if one cannot express opinions properly" -Eric Harris
09-26-2008 02:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
liq3 Offline
Fanatic

Given 22 thank(s) in 16 post(s)
Re: We're livin on a prayer.

Aleksandr Wrote:I also started reading, Excuse Me, Your Life is Waiting.
Jawdrop
WOOOOOOO!!!

Someone else who finally agrees with me! >.>.

Intention Manifestation aka Law of Attraction FTW!.

Epic win book.
Personal Development for Smart People.
09-26-2008 02:56 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Quote:I always told myself, that this was not all there is to life. There is more than going to high school, breaking your back in college, and then getting a shit job and fucking to get some kids out in the world. I swore to myself this was true.
Same here. Except I never read that book... it sounds interesting though. But yeah, I never really accepted it when everyone was panicking around me and telling me this stuff is soooo important and that I neeeed to do it or else I'll be miserable... it simply is untrue. I'm glad you found that as well Smile It's really a great feeling, not caring about other people's silly reactions. And you can do pretty much anything you want with your life, and you don't need to plan every tiny move carefully in advance. Living isn't like some gigantic business strategy. It's whatever you want it to be.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
09-27-2008 04:48 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Given 296 thank(s) in 201 post(s)

Quote:livin on a prayer
Good sopng. It's on my iPod.

[Image: nAOqYk7.png]

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
09-27-2008 09:34 AM
Amortisatie Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 16 post(s)

W-Dog32 Wrote:

Biggrin

I know its great
But the song that tells my feeling about school is "It's My Life" by Bon Jovi also ;D

I wonder if Bon Jovi IS singing about the horrors of school sometimes Scratchchin

[Image: spooky-1.jpg]

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
― Neil deGrasse Tyson
02-22-2009 10:20 AM
classclown Offline
Fanatic

Given 7 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

yea i love the law of attraction.

life is just blah blah blah. we hope for blah, and sometimes we find it. but mostly its blah. and waiting for blah. and hoping you were right about the blahs you made. and when you think you just got the whole blah damn thing figured out, and your surrounded by the ones you blah. death shows up and blah blah blah.
-weeds-

Death may be the greatest of all human blessings. -socrates-

Schooling us to prepare us for the career in need
Not caring about our interests and dreams to heed
02-22-2009 12:04 PM
Fuckthesystem Offline
Revolutionary

Given 11 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

It's funny how no one knew that song even existed until Guitar Hero: World Tour and Rock Band 2 came out.

[Image: fuckthesystem.jpg]

"The seeds of oppression, will one day bear the fruit of rebellion."

-Anonymous

Also, I just realized I spelled "bear" wrong in my sig. I changed it, but, how disgraceful...

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/imag ... 550073.jpg
02-22-2009 03:37 PM
returnal Away
cold like minnesota (brrr!)

Given 29 thank(s) in 26 post(s)

Spirit_of_Chaos Wrote:
W-Dog32 Wrote:

Biggrin

I know its great
But the song that tells my feeling about school is "It's My Life" by Bon Jovi also ;D

I wonder if Bon Jovi IS singing about the horrors of school sometimes Scratchchin
Stop bumping threads with posts that have nothing to do with the topic.

woah dude
dude woah
02-23-2009 12:20 AM
Amortisatie Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 16 post(s)

I was forced to read Anthem in English,then i realised how much their society sounded like school Confused

[Image: spooky-1.jpg]

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
― Neil deGrasse Tyson
02-23-2009 02:13 AM
Elfy Offline
Fanatic

Given 64 thank(s) in 41 post(s)

Woop! Glad you're happy Biggrin

You're right I'd estimate about 95% of the population has been brainwashed into this reality. Be born , Go to school "to get a good job", leave go to college and get a job, live in a family and die. Its like a fucking routine.

I agree once you realise that this reality is so full of bullshit you will feel so much better. Like a tonne of weights have just came off your back. You will realise that almost 100% of your peers are brainwashed into this, you either laugh or cry.

You realise that your so called teachers have absolutely no "authority" or power over anyone and that goes for every human. They're only brainwashed anyway and I'l laugh at them because they look like complete idiots to me. "Do this or you will be punished." Who the fuck do they think they are? Laugh

And then its sad to think that almost all the people in my school follow this reality. They obey their teachers like they're some sort of god.

I remember, once, when this child cried when a teacher shouted at him and I was thinking... we're sinking lower...

In my opinion the "geniuses" are the ones who realise that school is so full of crap.

At the moment we are living and it feels like we are living with a big sheet over our lives called brainwashing. Once you remove the sheet its like you're free from a 100 year old frozen ice-cube.

Like you and Soulriser said : Its a brilliant feeling. At my school people panic when they forget homework or something similar, I haven't done it and I'm just laughing at the idiots...

Nothing matters. Nothing. But we need to lift the sheet off the people that are asleep.

RIP SCHOOL-SURVIVAL 04/07/2019
[Image: tumblr_lpjpoqOyQ91qb8nljo1_500.gif]
02-23-2009 02:19 AM
Fire Elf Offline
Fanatic

Given 30 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

Newtown Wrote:Stop bumping threads with posts that have nothing to do with the topic.
Did he bump any other threads besides this one? Don't think so. Stop whining.

The only good signature is a dead signature.
02-23-2009 02:20 AM
tock172 Offline
Revolutionary

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

matty555 Wrote:Woop! Glad you're happy Biggrin

You're right I'd estimate about 95% of the population has been brainwashed into this reality. Be born , Go to school "to get a good job", leave go to college and get a job, live in a family and die. Its like a fucking routine.

I agree once you realise that this reality is so full of bullshit you will feel so much better. Like a tonne of weights have just came off your back. You will realise that almost 100% of your peers are brainwashed into this, you either laugh or cry.

You realise that your so called teachers have absolutely no "authority" or power over anyone and that goes for every human. They're only brainwashed anyway and I'l laugh at them because they look like complete idiots to me. "Do this or you will be punished." Who the fuck do they think they are? Laugh

And then its sad to think that almost all the people in my school follow this reality. They obey their teachers like they're some sort of god.

I remember, once, when this child cried when a teacher shouted at him and I was thinking... we're sinking lower...

In my opinion the "geniuses" are the ones who realise that school is so full of crap.

At the moment we are living and it feels like we are living with a big sheet over our lives called brainwashing. Once you remove the sheet its like you're free from a 100 year old frozen ice-cube.

Like you and Soulriser said : Its a brilliant feeling. At my school people panic when they forget homework or something similar, I haven't done it and I'm just laughing at the idiots...

Nothing matters. Nothing. But we need to lift the sheet off the people that are asleep.
Absolutely nothing matters. We are so fucked as a people. We are enslaved. Can anyone imagine a world without money?

What the fuck are we doing? We do not live long enough to have this!

"One cannot make a difference if one cannot express opinions properly" -Eric Harris
02-25-2009 03:12 PM
Elfy Offline
Fanatic

Yes its fucked up.

I can imagine a world with no money... ahhh.......

I'd have my own 'lil farm Smile

And you're right life is short. Death is eternity. Make the most of it , if you want to.

I don't know about you Aleksandr but sometimes I feel trapped in the current state we live in, how I and a minority of people realise how fucked up it is. The rest ...just.... fucking sheep.

There is already and never has been government , or law , or compulsory stuff.

THAT is what makes me want to throttle the shit out of the enforcers.

02-26-2009 07:52 AM
milkduds Offline
Rebel

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

i really wish this world didnt revolve around money. live life easy kick back and relax get a little farm as matty555 said =P plant just enough crops to live on. go fishing everyday that is my ideal life. to bad this world is fucked up and only a small fraction of the people in this world still can think for themselves

oooo ima try to start reading again school kinda killed it for me... always forced to read stupid books that had nothin to do with my future. i havnt been in school for a month and half and i plan on going back soon but as a new person and not a stupid mindless sheep like most of the people
02-27-2009 08:06 PM
Elfy Offline
Fanatic

milkduds Wrote:i really wish this world didnt revolve around money. live life easy kick back and relax get a little farm as matty555 said =P plant just enough crops to live on. go fishing everyday that is my ideal life. to bad this world is fucked up and only a small fraction of the people in this world still can think for themselves

oooo ima try to start reading again school kinda killed it for me... always forced to read stupid books that had nothin to do with my future. i havnt been in school for a month and half and i plan on going back soon but as a new person and not a stupid mindless sheep like most of the people

Oooo reading is good , there are some good books.

I would recommend:

Grace Llewellyn - The teenage liberation handbook (how to get out of school)

The Truancy - Great fiction book about a guy named tack who loathes school and joins up with a group called the truancy on their quest to take down the mayor / government.

Excuse Me, Your Life is Waiting: The Power of Positive Feelings - Brilliant book.

Also there are a few John Taylor Gatto books online =D

02-28-2009 08:48 AM
Hanny Offline
Fanatic

Given 6 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

Fuckthesystem Wrote:It's funny how no one knew that song even existed until Guitar Hero: World Tour and Rock Band 2 came out.
No Doubt covered it a few years back, so I knew.
Don't generalise please.

[Image: 72eoaf.gif]
<Darthmat> I love the taste of meat in my mouth. Cory, I don't know how you live without it.
<Darthmat> "Forbidden meat tastes sweetest."

Penisometer
8======================================================================o
Conclusion: Still a penis.
02-28-2009 08:52 AM
assaultmedic Offline
Revolutionary

Given 6 thank(s) in 5 post(s)

I had to read Anthem in the beginning of the year. I enojyed every page of it and thought it conveyed a brilliant message. I can totally agree with what you are saying about life.

it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care.
[Image: TF2_Tag___Medic_by_schroe.png]
02-28-2009 01:35 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Prayer during high school graduation? scorchededge243 17 4,807 05-23-2014 10:40 AM
Last Post: Sharpie
  Kicked out of class for refusing to say The Lords Prayer Phillip 26 7,883 03-09-2007 07:18 PM
Last Post: liq3