RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Abortion is sick
sonoftheking Offline
Defiant

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
Abortion is sick

Why should anyone be allowed to decide if a baby gets to live or not? I understand that the mother might not want or be able to care for her baby if it was rape/other unwanted pregnancy, but the baby should be put up for adoption, it's not the baby's fault that their mother was raped or impregnated against her will. It's the father's fault, and he should be executed, not the child.

And the sick bullshit nonsense claims like "It's doesn't count as a person until it's born," "It's a fetus," treating and talking about a baby human like a tumor to be dissected is so damn sick and wrong.

If it's not a person, what is it, a cow? Why do we even call unborn babies fetuses, like they're some dead thing? That's such an ugly word, it sounds like feces.
09-27-2008 10:28 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fire Elf Offline
Fanatic

Given 30 thank(s) in 25 post(s)
Re: Abortion is sick

[Image: Unsuccessful.jpg]

The only good signature is a dead signature.
09-27-2008 10:31 AM
Sunbourn Offline
Proud crazy cat man

Given 289 thank(s) in 192 post(s)

I give this troll a 2/10.

Who am I? Who are YOU?
09-27-2008 10:38 AM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Given 296 thank(s) in 201 post(s)

sonoftheking Wrote:Why should anyone be allowed to decide if a baby gets to live or not? I understand that the mother might not want or be able to care for her baby if it was rape/other unwanted pregnancy, but the baby should be put up for adoption, it's not the baby's fault that their mother was raped or impregnated against her will. It's the father's fault, and he should be executed, not the child.

And the sick bullshit nonsense claims like "It's doesn't count as a person until it's born," "It's a fetus," treating and talking about a baby human like a tumor to be dissected is so damn sick and wrong.

If it's not a person, what is it, a cow? Why do we even call unborn babies fetuses, like they're some dead thing? That's such an ugly word, it sounds like feces.
I totally agree.

People say it is a woman's right, but is it really anyone's right to decide if a human being(it has human DNA) gots to live or not?

Towards pro-choicers: With all your liberal "enlightenment" did you ever think to address this? It may be a choice, but should it be anyone's choice but God's?

[Image: nAOqYk7.png]

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
09-27-2008 10:59 AM
Fire Elf Offline
Fanatic

Well, I could post a full-size dismantling, but I'm doing other stuff at the time. And I'm quite convinced this user is trolling.

09-27-2008 11:03 AM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

There just has to be a certain high level of moral decay in a society for a large number of people in it to support killing babies.
America fits the bill.

09-27-2008 11:11 AM
Fire Elf Offline
Fanatic

dogman32 Wrote:There just has to be a certain high level of moral decay in a society for a large number of people in it to support killing babies.
America fits the bill.
Oh please. If you think America the land of bible-beaters and religious politics "fits the bill"? You're pretty much the only part of the world that really sees anything wrong with it.

But then, in most of the world we know abortion is killing a parasite, not a baby. A country needs to be filled to the brim with freedom hating religious wackos to not get this. America does in fact "fit the bill" for that. Other countries that do include Iran and Saudi Arabia.

09-27-2008 11:22 AM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

How is this lifeform a parasite when it is created by the body of the mother?

And you never addressed my question:
"How would you like it if you had been aborted?"

I'm not talking about religious morals, I'm talking about morals in general. You know, like not killing people(fetuses are people, in my book). In fact most of the "Bible-Beaters" out there are charlatans looking to make a quick buck(televangelists, people who stalk you to meet your "dues")
Just because this fetus isn't as developed as us doesn't mean it isn't a person. Are children not people? Are babies not people? Why can't humans in the womb be considered people too?
Why?

09-27-2008 11:32 AM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Very similar to the fetus of a chicken, turtle, or nearly any other animal.

But I don't base who gets personhood on looks, all that qualifies them is their DNA. If I did that a lot of ugly people would be "aborted" with a shotgun. Razz

And I promise I didn't Google it. I'm not your average "pro-lifer".

09-27-2008 11:50 AM
Fire Elf Offline
Fanatic

Quote:"How would you like it if you had been aborted?"
I would have never existed, so it's not something that can be answered. And me not exesting would not matter, there would still have been other people in the world that could have later become "26". You're better of asking this question to some-one who cares about their life.

Quote:I'm not talking about religious morals, I'm talking about morals in general.
Morals are a very subjective thing, varying from cultures and relgions and stuff like that. There is no such thing as morals in general.

Quote:You know, like not killing people(fetuses are people, in my book).
And there goes the subjectivity again. Your book, but how many other books?

Quote: In fact most of the "Bible-Beaters" out there are charlatans looking to make a quick buck(televangelists, people who stalk you to meet your "dues")
Strange. I always though that most bible-beaters were the type that shoot up clinics, counter-demonstated at gay rights and womens rights events, and generally try to shove their ideas of "morals" down other people's throats.

Quote:Just because this fetus isn't as developed as us doesn't mean it isn't a person.
Well, it lacks many of the defining features of a person, so no, it's not a person.
Quote:Are children not people? Are babies not people?
Well, they have features that fetuses don't...

Quote: Why can't humans in the womb be considered people too?
Why?
Because they're not really humans.

09-27-2008 11:54 AM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

@ You getting out of my first question: You know what I meant, would you like to have been killed the first few weeks you were alive?

@ Them not being humans: Why aren't they humans? They have our DNA, they live in the bodies of our women and will someday look just like us. Just because they don't have a developed nervous system? Don't you ever think there is a little more to being a person than "looking like one"? Maybe there's a little something special about us!
Maybe life is precious.

09-27-2008 12:01 PM
Fire Elf Offline
Fanatic

dogman32 Wrote:@ You getting out of my first question: You know what I meant, would you like to have been killed the first few weeks you were alive?
Oh, but that's a different question, as i do not consider that to be part of my life, so you'd really be asking "me" about being "killed" a few months later. Hell, I don't consider anything from before 2003 as part of my current "life".

09-27-2008 12:06 PM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

I know how that feels. We all used to be different people...

But what if your life had "never happened", and you had right now to tell me if that wouldn't be pretty freaking stupid. Would you not consider it unjust your mom aborted you?

09-27-2008 12:16 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Quote:It's the father's fault, and he should be executed, not the child.
Sorry, you fail. Execution is just as sick as abortion, if not more so, because it affects more than just a handful of people, depending on how many people the executed person knew in their lifetime.

As for "abortion is sick" - I agree. But making it illegal causes more sick things to happen than what it solves, so it's better off being legal.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
09-28-2008 12:08 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mudkip liek Offline
Fanatic

Given 10 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

Quote:Towards pro-choicers: With all your liberal "enlightenment" did you ever think to address this? It may be a choice, but should it be anyone's choice but God's?

BULLSHIT.

Some of us don't believe in "god".

I'm sick of people saying all this shit about abortion. Do you know how it fucking feels to get raped? Do ya? I didn't think so. Come back again after you've tried it. If not, then shut the fuck up.

Quote:"How would you like it if you had been aborted?"

HAHAHAHA, that doesn't make sense. I'd be fucking dead. I wouldn't know or care.

Edit: to dogman32, I feel like I was being too harsh so I apologize. I'm serious.
09-28-2008 12:31 AM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

@ SoulRiser:
Yeah execution is bad. I totally agree.

But how does making abortions illegal cause more harm than good? If people do want an abortion they have to go into a cruddy, slimy, dirty "doctor's office" to get it done illegally. They deserve that.

@ chemistryhater:
I don't know what it feels like to be raped, but maybe that is an advantage.
You see, since I'm not biased that way I can safely say I am making a nonpartial choice about the sanctity of human life. Even if the mother was raped it was not the child's fault. Wasn't and never would be. Why kill an innocent human?

And I meant God as in "fate". Like:
"It is God's will for me to die."
"It is fate for me to die."

I accept your apology, but it was not needed. We can all be harsh about our belifs sometimes, especially if we are passionate. Besides, it is the Internet.

09-28-2008 02:00 AM
Lucie Offline
Revolutionary

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

dogman32 Wrote:@ SoulRiser:
Yeah execution is bad. I totally agree.

But how does making abortions illegal cause more harm than good? If people do want an abortion they have to go into a cruddy, slimy, dirty "doctor's office" to get it done illegally. They deserve that.

Nobody deserves that. Women don't just have abortions on a spur of the moment! Do you really think that someone would just think "Shit. Pregnant. Abortion." NO! Having an abortion is one of the most difficult decissions for a mother to make. And presuming the woman has a valid reason to abort the baby, (i.e abuse, rape, her life or its, severe disability) is it really fair for there to be so much prejudice against her rights? No. She has the right to walk into an abortion clinic without the fear of it being targeted by crackhead pro-lifers with explosives or herself dying due to the hygeine.

dogman32 Wrote:@ chemistryhater:
You see, since I'm not biased that way I can safely say I am making a nonpartial choice about the sanctity of human life. Even if the mother was raped it was not the child's fault. Wasn't and never would be. Why kill an innocent human?
I'm presuming you're male so you will actually NEVER be in this situation. And how is it an advantage to be blissfully unaware of the humiliation, terror and demorilisation of rape? One of my brother's ex-girlfriend (now just a friend) was accquantince date-raped, she was at Brown she was really smart, really pretty and fun but now she's back living in New York because she's too scared being alone and I've seen her a few times since she moved back last February and she's totally different and there is no fucking way she'd have been able to have a baby and look after it, let alone have a living reminder of what happened to her.

dogman32 Wrote:And I meant God as in "fate". Like:
"It is God's will for me to die."
"It is fate for me to die."
K, no offence intended but:
1. How do you know it's God's will?
2. Who the fuck is God and if he's so great why do women find themselves in such trying situations as they feel they have to resort to abortion?
3. Fate is determined by human actions.

I'd also like to say that although I am for abortion, I do think it's wrong, but I accept it because sometimes it's neccessary.

Fuck McCain
09-28-2008 04:06 AM
mudkip liek Offline
Fanatic

Given 10 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

Quote:@ chemistryhater:

I think that would be a DISadvantage.
I mean, I don't know what it feels like to get raped either, but I still believe abortion isn't wrong. People die unfairly every day and they're already BORN. That's way worse than abortion. And I know it's not the child's fault. But nor is it the mother's. Why should she have to suffer mentally and physically just to save a life? First of all, if she was raped by a relative, there's a chance the child will be born with deformities. Would the child like (when they grew up) looking like that and being stared by people? I'd rather not even have been born. Second of all, I'm sure you're aware that there's currently 6.7 billion people in the world right now. What's 1 life gonna do? Third of all, I'm sure if you were a woman, and DID experience something that would make you not want to have the baby, you wouldn't like the government telling you what to do with your own body. Sure, the fetus will be a human being, but without the body of its mother, it's NOTHING.
09-28-2008 09:31 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Let's talk about abortion Sunbourn 54 25,942 06-19-2017 01:53 AM
Last Post: the Analogist
  Stance on Abortion Subb 47 13,674 05-30-2014 12:29 PM
Last Post: Rule_BreakerXVIII
  This is Why Abortion Should be Legal. Night 52 18,394 04-06-2013 05:09 AM
Last Post: thewake
  is it moral for women to have the right to abortion? Potato 60 18,624 11-29-2012 03:10 PM
Last Post: Sociopath
  Ramble about abortion. Prince Rilian 16 11,781 02-11-2012 09:04 AM
Last Post: avrillavigne12251
  The Only Moral Abortion is my Abortion aaaaaaasd 14 7,441 10-13-2011 04:36 PM
Last Post: gore goroth
  Abortion Thoughts Guest 152 20,959 06-09-2011 08:55 AM
Last Post: gore goroth
  Abortion SethyDavidG 40 7,829 12-03-2009 04:56 AM
Last Post: aaaaaaasd
  Doesn't Christianity Encourage suicide and abortion? True Strasserist 7 4,172 03-20-2009 05:41 AM
Last Post: True Strasserist
  Why I am against abortion Ahab 48 10,518 05-09-2008 05:21 AM
Last Post: Zombie