RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I HATE GYM!
mudkip liek Offline
Fanatic

Given 10 thank(s) in 7 post(s)
I HATE GYM!

I'm dreading going to school on Monday because of gym. I swear, I don't know why, but basically everyone hates me in that class. I barely know anyone ('cept for like 3 people) yet they still show signs of hatred towards me. For one, they always pick me either last or second to last for every game we play. It's humiliating I tell you. And I'm not even a bad player...I mean sure, I'm very bad at some, but pretty good at others. Also, getting "picked last" isn't even the correct term, since the last person standing is placed on a team by default. I don't even know why the teacher refuses to pick teams himself rather than picking captains....who, lemme tell you, are always the most obnoxious jocks who think they rule the school just because they're seniors and they're good at like EVERY sport known to man. They put down everyone else who misses the ball or makes a mistake, but when THEY make a mistake, they just shrug it off. The teacher isn't helping either, that fucking bastard.

For example, we were playing kickball one day, and it was my turn. Dude, I'm fucking awesome at that game. I kicked the ball and ran to first base. But...NOOOO, he had to blow his fucking whistle and tell me I had to go back and kick it harder. Ummm....WHAT? SO UNFAIR. When some other girls (who sucked by the way) kicked the ball VERY lightly and ran to first base, he didn't say shit to them.

No I'm still not done complaining. I really need to get this out. One other time, the teams were picked and all and the teacher started counting the people to make sure there was an equal number of players on each team. There were 10 on the other. Then he started counting my team. He go to 10, and I was the last one he counted....guess what he counted me as......a HALF!!! I'm dead serious. It was so fucking rude. I mean, a teacher isn't supposed to put you down like that. FUCKING DICK! I HATE HIM! He said "10 and a half". Everyone turned to look at me. Mad

And how about when we were playing softball? It was my turn to bat (and I'm the WORST at this sport) so I striked out. But was it really necessary for someone in the back to say "what is she doing? She's not even on our team." Then everyone gave me a mean look. JESUS FUCKING CHRIST! I'm sick of people doing this to me every single day. They really hate me when I did NOTHING to them. I get embarrassed every second I'm in that class. I seriously don't know what to do. I'm thinking of not dressing on Monday but I'll only be hurting my grade and giving those jerks what they want.....for me not to play. But I'm willing to do that to save some embarrassment because we have 4 more days of softball.

Oh, just wait till we get to volleyball. MUAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA! JUST WAIT! Ill be kicking their asses.

Care to share any of your bad experiences in P.E.?
09-28-2008 03:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dark Soul X Offline
Fanatic

Given 7 thank(s) in 6 post(s)
Re: I HATE GYM!

Reading your story makes me pissed off at those bastards...

Here's mine:

1. I didn't wear my gym clothes for ONE FUCKING DAY, and my gym teacher called me a loser because of it.
2. Got blamed for something in elementary once, and I had to run ten laps, even though I told the teacher I had a heart condition
3. I had to help with weights for this one machine, and the other two fuckers who were supposed to be helping me decided to let me do all the work. The weight was too heavy for me and I wound up getting the bottom of my hand crushed. The bruise was big, red, and it HURT LIKE A SUNUVABITCH!
4. Same with you, whenever I did something wrong in a sport, they act like I'm a dumbass, because it is so easy to play football when you've never seen a game or have been told the rules. It should be the easiest thing in the world to run yards with a bad heart condition and shortness of breath, and get a fuckin' touchdown...

I've tried forgetting my horrible past, so I don't have much to share.

Spambot Kill Counter: 33
Spambot Kill Counter as Spambot Hell's Devil: Countless

Buying a high powered computer: 500 bucks
Getting gift wrap: 10 bucks maybe
Seeing the horror on that special someone's face once they tear off the gift wrap and see a Windows 98: Priceless.

[Image: Spawn_Classic.jpg]

I'll see you in Hell....AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!
09-28-2008 03:41 PM
mudkip liek Offline
Fanatic

UGH! How horrible.
I have shortness of breath too and I cannot run to save my life. I can run fast but not for long. My chest starts hurting and I wheeze a little.

Oh, I forgot. Another bad experience, last year we were plying basketball and for some reason, the stupid bitch of a teacher kept picking on ONLY me "do this", "do that", "you're not doing it right", until I finally slammed the ball hard on the ground and told her I don't want to play anymore. I had to run around the gym for the REST OF THE MOTHER FUCKING PERIOD. Ranting
09-28-2008 03:44 PM
Dark Soul X Offline
Fanatic

Given 7 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

Wow, I get that too...

And I wouldn't have run if I were you. Fuck the consequences. If that teacher was picking on me, like I said, fuck the consequences, I'd just sit there. The bitch could go ahead and write me up, suspend me. A free day off, I wouldn't have been taking shit from her. My parents would totally be on my side, and the next day, she'd be getting cussed at while I take the satisfaction of payback, just like when my gym teacher called me a loser.

Sweet, sweet revenge.

Spambot Kill Counter: 33
Spambot Kill Counter as Spambot Hell's Devil: Countless

Buying a high powered computer: 500 bucks
Getting gift wrap: 10 bucks maybe
Seeing the horror on that special someone's face once they tear off the gift wrap and see a Windows 98: Priceless.

[Image: Spawn_Classic.jpg]

I'll see you in Hell....AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!
09-28-2008 03:49 PM
Fire Elf Offline
Fanatic

Given 30 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

I have a very deep hatred of gym class, for the longest time it has been my most hated class of them all.

You must not get me started about gym class, 'else I might never finish.

The only good signature is a dead signature.
09-28-2008 09:41 PM
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

Given 41 thank(s) in 35 post(s)
I LOVE GYM!

My gym class is... awesome.

I have it on Wednesdays and Fridays. We get there, change, then come out. We talk amongst ourselves and with the teacher for the next five minutes or so, 'cus she waits for the slow changers.

Then we go outside. We do ten jumping jacks, and then various stretches. Then we jog for a little. Then we practice whatever sport we are about to play, like throwing around a frisbee, or messing up with a volleyball. Razz
Then she divides into even teams and we play the sport. It is a very good mood. We only have one or two obscenely competitive "OMG U MESSED UP IHU" kids, so almost everyone is in a lax mood (oh, it's a co-ed class).

Then we it's over we head back to the locker room, change back, and talk with her/ourselves until the period is over, and we head to lunch (which is our next class).

But if it's raining out, we will stay in the gym and play dodgeball. Biggrin

For the second marking period though, we are doing fitness, and that means we go into the workout room which has free-lifts, treadmills, stair-masters, and a bunch of other shit which I don't know the name of. There we work out on the stuff.

Third marking period we have project adventure. At first it's all stupid and silly games, but then it gets vertical. We have loads of ropes, things to climb on, and harnesses all lover the gym.

Fourth marking period os health, which is were we get our sex-ed (no flower baby! Biggrin), and nutrition.

Oh yeah, my gym teacher is awesome. She is nice, fun, and isn't afraid to call a kid out when he/she is being a douche. She's also extremely funny. An example, on the first day of gym, she told us 'this class is for my amusement. You guys may have fun, but I have loads more watching you mess up.' Except it was a lot less harsh and funnier then that. Razz
Hidden stuff:
She's also extremely attractive. Embarrassed

I highly suggest Mobb Deep's albums The Infamous and Hell on Earth, if you have not listened to it yet.
09-28-2008 10:15 PM
Hanny Offline
Fanatic

Given 6 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

Lol at you fancying your gym teacher...
My gym teacher is old and wrinkly. Fancying him would be a sex offence.
I hate gym. Due to the punchintheface incident I normally dont have anyone to work with - and if I do, we normally end up joining two pairs up into a four and the other pair will hate me. There are six sets for gym, and I am in the second-worst.

[Image: 72eoaf.gif]
<Darthmat> I love the taste of meat in my mouth. Cory, I don't know how you live without it.
<Darthmat> "Forbidden meat tastes sweetest."

Penisometer
8======================================================================o
Conclusion: Still a penis.
09-28-2008 10:45 PM
random_name Offline
Fanatic

Given 15 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

i hate gym, my class is made up of about 20 sporty people who kill you when you drop the ball and 9 girls who never do it because they have a constant period. then there is me.

Hidden stuff:
"A 'no' uttered from deepest conviction is better and greater than a 'yes' merely uttered to please, or what is worse, to avoid trouble." - Mahatma Gandhi

"The irrationality of a thing is no argument against its existence, rather a condition of it."

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Ben Franklin

"when I was a kid I used to pray for a bicycle. then I realized that god doesn't work that way. so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness."
"I would rather die for something I believe in than live for anything else."
"What is the task of higher education? To make a man into a machine. What are the means employed? He is taught how to suffer being bored." – F W Nietzsche
[Image: s-event.png]
09-28-2008 10:58 PM
Milk2Go Offline
Fanatic

Given 41 thank(s) in 29 post(s)

Last year I had gym first period. First period is also the time you're forced to stand up and say the pledge.
Nobody said the pledge, and one of the gym teachers went insane and talked about how we're "disrespecting America" and how we're all "taking our freedom for granted".
09-29-2008 01:02 AM
NiteRaidah Offline
hmmm

Given 44 thank(s) in 31 post(s)

I liked gym. It was an easy class & we did things that I liked. The only downsides were the running, stretching, & general working out we did when we weren't doing other activities, but those were to be expected. 'Sides, they weren't all bad.

"All these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-Prince

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
09-29-2008 01:04 AM
random_name Offline
Fanatic

Given 15 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

BobManPerson Wrote:Last year I had gym first period. First period is also the time you're forced to stand up and say the pledge.
Nobody said the pledge, and one of the gym teachers went insane and talked about how we're "disrespecting America" and how we're all "taking our freedom for granted".

that is something i dont envy you for. we dont have to sing the national anthem before school, and we dont get told that this is disrespective.

Hidden stuff:
"A 'no' uttered from deepest conviction is better and greater than a 'yes' merely uttered to please, or what is worse, to avoid trouble." - Mahatma Gandhi

"The irrationality of a thing is no argument against its existence, rather a condition of it."

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Ben Franklin

"when I was a kid I used to pray for a bicycle. then I realized that god doesn't work that way. so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness."
"I would rather die for something I believe in than live for anything else."
"What is the task of higher education? To make a man into a machine. What are the means employed? He is taught how to suffer being bored." – F W Nietzsche
[Image: s-event.png]
09-29-2008 01:05 AM
Puchiko Offline
Pariah

Given 15 thank(s) in 11 post(s)

I hate gym. I am as unfit as people get. I have no diagnosed health problem, which doesn't stop me from sucking at any activity we do. I despise the class, I despise being disrespected for not catching a fucking ball. But I guess what I loathe the most is simply the fact that all of the suffering (and now that I'm not upset, I feel it's quite all right, but when I go through a stressful situation, it is true suffering) is for nothing. With many other subjects, I can consider school to be a less efficient method of learning than self-education, but with PE-there's not even the tiny bit of attained knowledge or skill.

I also despise the teacher-she just doesn't get what it's like not to be good at sports, and even more ungraspable to her is that someone doesn't enjoy PE. We hate each other sincerely, it's calmed down a bit since last year though.

Don't take life so seriously, it isn't permanent.
09-29-2008 01:51 AM
John Tuttle Offline
Fanatic

Given 5 thank(s) in 5 post(s)

I also hate gym. We don't even get to pick what we want to do. Everyday we either run or play softball.

[Image: funny-gifs-wax-on-wax-owl.gif]
09-29-2008 02:44 AM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Given 296 thank(s) in 201 post(s)

Gym is awesome, it's just sad we only have it a few months out of the year.

WE'RE ALL GONNA GET FAT IF YOU DON'T MAKE IT SCHOOLYEAR ROUND YOU FREAKING ACADEMIC NAZIS!!!!!!!
Whoever thought up our gym schedule was an arse.

[Image: nAOqYk7.png]

09-29-2008 05:47 AM
Fire Elf Offline
Fanatic

dogman32 Wrote:Gym is awesome, it's just sad we only have it a few months out of the year.

WE'RE ALL GONNA GET FAT IF YOU DON'T MAKE IT SCHOOLYEAR ROUND YOU FREAKING ACADEMIC NAZIS!!!!!!!
Whoever thought up our gym schedule was an arse.
Gym class sucks, it's the most obvious class to tell that you're not learning anything. Also, I once collapsed onte the floor because they had me do too much running. I woke up during 5th or 6th period in a daze. The school should have been sued. At least in other classes you can lie down or do something stupid 'till the bell rings.

Last year there was no gym class at all, that was great. Too bad most stuff about the school sucked.

09-29-2008 05:54 AM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

I love gym. You get ot talk to your friends, get exercise you usually don't have time for, and be a bit competitive(even though I'm not very good at sports and stuff). You shouldn't hate gym just because your school has a crappy program or an ass for a teacher.

09-29-2008 05:59 AM
arthasmenethil Offline
Fanatic

Given 9 thank(s) in 8 post(s)

I hated gym, but I got out of about 25% of it because of a broken wrist.

Hidden stuff:
The game...you lost! HAHAHAHA!!!!
09-29-2008 06:18 AM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Wolfeh Wrote:
dogman32 Wrote:You shouldn't hate gym just because your school has a crappy program or an ass for a teacher.

Why not? Wouldn't having a shitty time in that class make you hate that class?

When I was a kid, some bitch stabbed the fuck outta me with a huge-ass needle. Vaccinations and shit should be welcomed, right? So I shouldn't hate needles just because I had some bad experiences with them, right? Well, I do.
You should hate the freaking idiot nurse that gave you the vaccinations, not the needle that is only a tool.

09-29-2008 06:31 AM
Fire Elf Offline
Fanatic

christillusion Wrote:I hated gym, but I got out of about 25% of it because of a broken wrist.
Last time I had it, I was able to get out of 100% of it by not bringing gym clothes. Sure, it's gotten me more than a few detentions, but I never show up to those.

09-29-2008 06:36 AM
Fire Elf Offline
Fanatic

dogman32 Wrote:I love gym. You get ot talk to your friends, get exercise you usually don't have time for, and be a bit competitive(even though I'm not very good at sports and stuff). You shouldn't hate gym just because your school has a crappy program or an ass for a teacher.
Gym class in general is a crappy programme.

09-29-2008 06:38 AM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Gym class in general is the best program schools offer.

09-29-2008 06:41 AM
Fire Elf Offline
Fanatic

dogman32 Wrote:Gym class in general is the best program schools offer.
No it's the worst, it makes you physically tired and is the least useful.

(Although it did get me out of presenting a project I din't finish)

09-29-2008 06:54 AM
mudkip liek Offline
Fanatic

dogman32 Wrote:WE'RE ALL GONNA GET FAT IF YOU DON'T MAKE IT SCHOOLYEAR ROUND YOU FREAKING ACADEMIC NAZIS!!!!!!!

Some of us have a high metabolism and our parents' genes of being skinny.

dogman32 Wrote:I love gym. You get ot talk to your friends, get exercise you usually don't have time for, and be a bit competitive(even though I'm not very good at sports and stuff). You shouldn't hate gym just because your school has a crappy program or an ass for a teacher.

Oh, so you're telling us to like something we're forced to do even if we don't want to do it?

Yeah, that's SO much fun. C'mon, gimme a break.
09-29-2008 08:22 AM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

26 Wrote:
dogman32 Wrote:Gym class in general is the best program schools offer.
No it's the worst, it makes you physically tired and is the least useful.

(Although it did get me out of presenting a project I din't finish)
What's wrong with being tired? Exercise is good for you.
In fact it is more useful, I'd rather live a little while longer by exercising than learn something I don't give a crap about.

Chemhater Wrote:Some of us have a high metabolism and our parents' genes of being skinny.
I do too, that doesn't mean you can't be unhealthy. Skinny has never equalled healthy.

Quote:Oh, so you're telling us to like something we're forced to do even if we don't want to do it?

Yeah, that's SO much fun. C'mon, gimme a break.
I never said that. Look at my post. I never said, "Everyone should be forced to take gym.".
I just said that schools should offer gym every day to every student. And that so far in my life I have liked gym(except fourth grade, but that's because we had a mean teacher who made us do dances).

09-29-2008 10:56 AM
Milk2Go Offline
Fanatic

Given 41 thank(s) in 29 post(s)

dogman32 Wrote:WE'RE ALL GONNA GET FAT IF YOU DON'T MAKE IT SCHOOLYEAR ROUND YOU FREAKING ACADEMIC NAZIS!!!!!!!
Words can't describe the severety your retardation.
09-29-2008 11:09 AM
Fire Elf Offline
Fanatic

BobManPerson Wrote:
Words can't describe the severety your retardation.
I can't believe i'm actually quoting a post from BobMan

09-29-2008 11:16 AM
mudkip liek Offline
Fanatic

Quote:I do too, that doesn't mean you can't be unhealthy. Skinny has never equalled healthy.

Some of us couldn't care less about being healthy or unhealthy. Like me.

Quote:I just said that schools should offer gym every day to every student.

Right, OFFER. Not REQUIRE.

Quote:And that so far in my life I have liked gym

Congrats. There are millions of others who are suffering. So just because you like it, doesn't mean we're just as lucky.
09-29-2008 12:19 PM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

I was dramatizing.

The fact is kids these days, including myself, don't exercise enough. I blame school as part of the problem since all you do is sit around, but they could help if they offered year 'round gym courses.

Of course you can't just work out during the school year, you have to do it at home too. But exercise in school helps.

I <3 gym.

mudkip liek Offline
Fanatic

Quote:I blame school as part of the problem since all you do is sit around, but they could help if they offered year 'round gym courses.

Don't blame school for something you should be responsible for.
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Why shouldn't I want a school that offers gym?

09-29-2008 12:24 PM