Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
International Walkout

Fire Elf Offline
Fanatic

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
International Walkout

If a walkout at one school can change things at the school, then maybe, if we were to have in general, many prisoners of the system (students) walk out, this might knock some sense into the people imposing the system on us (because they don't seem to know what they're doing) and perhaps make change or abolish the system (yeah, the latter is extremely unlikely, but it's something many of us would want to see).

So we should have a walkout in as many schools as possible. Not every school in the world of course, and prolly not most, but still as many as we can. So for those of us who feel they'll be able to do this, you should have a walkout at your school, perhaps if you have anti-school friends at another school, get the in as well. And they should all be on the same (to be decided later) day.

This is still, of course, in the early "planning" phase, although we might be able to eventually do this.

The only good signature is a dead signature.
09-29-2008 07:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
KitsuneSefam Offline
Fanatic

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)
Re: International Walkout

Having already tried to walkout against the uniform and the time shifting 2-3 years ago(and both miserably failed, a principal was able to shake 300-600 students back in the school with threatening people to give them detentions, the other 1000 students just went to their class), i can say that this now absolutely won't work.
09-29-2008 07:46 AM
Fire Elf Offline
Fanatic

Well, you're not obliged to participated. If I were do say "You have to do this or else" I would be lowering myself to the same level as the establishment.

I for one, in part of the package, will tell the others about not worrying about getting a detention, as one can just skip them. Plus it will be pretty difficult to fit 600 students into a detention room.

09-29-2008 07:52 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 536 thank(s) in 370 post(s)

This is a good idea. And I think it's been mentioned before and we even had some plans to make a seperate website for it. I can't remember what the thread was called, though. I think we'd need a lot more people before this sort of thing becomes a serious possibility.

"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
How to use constructive criticism

"To come upon love without seeking it is the only way to find it." - Krishnamurti
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:

The SS Wiki needs more content... Please add whatever you can - links, personal experiences, advice, info copied from other sites (with credit)... anything.

School Alternatives: Homeschooling & Unschooling | Finishing High School Online | Drop out & get a GED

Join SS on Twitter & Facebook

Don't like someone's posts? Make them disappear!
09-30-2008 05:16 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fire Elf Offline
Fanatic

That was kind of different. That was just thinking of the idea of a revolt, this is a plan for one massive, decentralised protest event. But yeah, this needs to be massive, so we need ways to get the message as spread out as possible. So, this thread is one of them, but there are going to need other ways to get the message to students of different schools. And then it needs to be spread around the schools themselves.

We can discuss this here I guess...

09-30-2008 06:24 AM
dreamer... Offline
Pariah

KitsuneSefam Wrote:Having already tried to walkout against the uniform and the time shifting 2-3 years ago(and both miserably failed, a principal was able to shake 300-600 students back in the school with threatening people to give them detentions, the other 1000 students just went to their class), i can say that this now absolutely won't work.
Well, I'm very impressed that you (or whoever planned the walkout) got hundreds of students to actually do it in the first place. Even if you still have the uniform, getting that many students to walk out is progress in the right direction. Had I tried this at my school, I wouldn't have a single follower...also, the emergency handbook says my school will call police on any walkout.

Although 26's idea seems unlikely to succeed, it is a good idea. Perhaps I can create and distribute anti-school pamphlets to random people's mailboxes...or to the kids waiting for the bus in the mornings...*gets wacky idea related to the masks in V for Vendetta*
09-30-2008 08:25 AM
Fire Elf Offline
Fanatic

dreamer... Wrote:Although 26's idea seems unlikely to succeed, it is a good idea. Perhaps I can create and distribute anti-school pamphlets to random people's mailboxes...or to the kids waiting for the bus in the mornings...*gets wacky idea related to the masks in V for Vendetta*
Yeah, that sounds good. Could you also attach the leaflets here though, so I could see them and maybe distribute some myself? 'cause I also got the idea of handing the papers out on the bus to any students at my school.

09-30-2008 08:45 AM
NiteRaidah Offline
It's all the rage.

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

It seems like a decent idea, I s'pose...but the challenge for me is to get some of the students to actually do it. I can already hear some of their responses, though:

Quote: You're stupid. You're just going to get into trouble!! It's not worth it!

Quote: It's not going to work. It's retarded. Shuddup.

Quote: But I'll, like, get into trouble!!

This is going to be difficult to do.
09-30-2008 10:26 AM
KitsuneSefam Offline
Fanatic

dreamer... Wrote:
KitsuneSefam Wrote:Having already tried to walkout against the uniform and the time shifting 2-3 years ago(and both miserably failed, a principal was able to shake 300-600 students back in the school with threatening people to give them detentions, the other 1000 students just went to their class), i can say that this now absolutely won't work.
Well, I'm very impressed that you (or whoever planned the walkout) got hundreds of students to actually do it in the first place. Even if you still have the uniform, getting that many students to walk out is progress in the right direction. Had I tried this at my school, I wouldn't have a single follower...also, the emergency handbook says my school will call police on any walkout.

Although 26's idea seems unlikely to succeed, it is a good idea. Perhaps I can create and distribute anti-school pamphlets to random people's mailboxes...or to the kids waiting for the bus in the mornings...*gets wacky idea related to the masks in V for Vendetta*

We were tricked for the uniform, the school passed a rule about it and implemented the uniform without telling the students and the student council was forced to keep the "secret"(and were tricked too on the choice of the uniforms, now we all look like the employees of Canadian Tire), when the students found out, there was a huge walkout but it was stopped by ONE principal, he "promised" us that there would be a petition list for those who wouldn't agree next thursday and that a walkout wasn't civilized(and then he started threatening to give people detention for the walkout, now THAT'S civilized!), we never found the list =/ , that fucking bastard never put it, wasn't his intention.

A huge walkout was organized for the shift of hours(they were gonna make the kids from elementary school invert hours with us, making them go earlier at school but arriving earlier at home, that caused problems with people from all high schools around here; some would arrive at home at 6PM and a lot have activities after school) in 3-4 different high schools in town. We were the only school that didn't have a single student walking out while the others schools students did a massive walkout(there was a bunch of parents too) and they dared to pass in front of our school. We started brewing shit up before to join the planned walkout(yes, it was planned in advance) but the same principal knew about it and messed it all up before we had enough people on it. Finally, even with the massive walkout of the other schools, nothing happened and the shift of hours happened the year after(AKA they don't give a shit about us or our personal life, 'xcept for ruining it of course.).

Unless you really plan to brew trouble up for that international walkout, the government/schools could just simply not listen to the students(Like they do usually) and let the fire die(then they send in the cops to take the remaining kids/teens back to their parents and fine them). And is this walkout planned only for the US or whole North America?
09-30-2008 11:55 AM
dreamer... Offline
Pariah

Wow, Kitsune, that uniform crap is complete BS. Noo And it's an international walkout, so multiple countries would be involved.

NiteRaidah is right, it will be difficult convincing other students to participate. But it's worth a shot...

Avenger and several others made some good flyers a while back: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9712&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

My suggestion: before we even start thinking of "how" and "when" this will happen, we need to know "who" and "where." I suggest that someone with experience in making websites makes one for the walkout. The site should contain:
1) Articles on why compulsory schooling is bad (or if the walkout deals with a more specific issue, why that issue is a problem. Why exactly are we walking out anyway?)
2) Articles discussing why a mass walkout is a good solution and examples of successful walkouts.
3) Include an interactive world map on the site if you can (one that shows the US states and Canadian provinces). As students decide to join our cause, they click on their state or country, and the map will tally the number of clicks on each region. That way, we know how many people are interested, and whereabouts they are. We wait until we get enough participants before planning the walkout itself.

Once the site is set up, we should start distributing anti-school information to our own schools and to other schools nearby. Not all the info should be specifically about the walkout...just about compulsory schooling in general (assuming that's what we're protesting). Each pamphlet will have the website's URL, and with any luck, some students will want to know more and head to the site itself.

...well, just my input, anyway.
09-30-2008 02:07 PM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Given 5 thank(s) in 5 post(s)

I can hear the news report now. 'Massive amounts of students around the world held an organized walkout today, no one knows there reason, but it has something to do with school that's for sure. DUUUUUUUUUUUUH!KOPFkapoigu -a097tb wq9-8h2 t09qiu=09tnyou`-005. Do I look fat in this?'

No. Fail. We need multiple connected events with meaning. As in saying 'Maked school fair for us, or never see another student again. ANd think, if they don't get many students going, they won't have enough to keep the schools going. Or we could just stay at home the entire day.

[Image: 9be30a7.png]
[Image: LyingFloraBanner.jpg]
[Image: logo.png]
[Image: title.gif]
[Image: az2header2b.png]
10-02-2008 12:54 PM
psychopath Offline
Fanatic

I prefer a "if we don't like it, we don't go" attitude, making it clear that we have a right not to go.
10-02-2008 04:05 PM
Puchiko Offline
Pariah

psychopath Wrote:I prefer a "if we don't like it, we don't go" attitude, making it clear that we have a right not to go.
I think this would feed the current anti-school stereotype-"they're just lazy brats who don't want to do any work".

Here are my suggestions:

"No student rights, no students!"

"I'm not going to prison without committing a crime."

"No learning, no students."

Don't take life so seriously, it isn't permanent.
10-03-2008 03:14 AM
PunchingYou Offline
Revolutionary

international walkout would be awesome.. i dont think anything would change though

JESUS SAVES... ON THE PRICE OF DETERGALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!!
10-04-2008 10:05 PM
John Tuttle Offline
Fanatic

wouldn't work
or would it?

[Image: funny-gifs-wax-on-wax-owl.gif]
10-05-2008 08:03 AM
Fire Elf Offline
Fanatic

Guys, I never said there was a 100% chance of this working. But regardless, we need to do a noticable protest, because staying quiet will not work. Hell, I think thats the reason why we're stuck with such a stupid system, because no-one seems to hear about how bad this all is.

10-07-2008 09:21 AM
undergroundrevolutionary Offline
Pariah

let me remind you we are all separated by hundreds of miles... and one person walking out wont even be noticed by the local media let alone the national ones

Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life your living? Bob Marley
10-07-2008 10:14 AM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Given 5 thank(s) in 5 post(s)

I don't really give a damn, you give me the date, and I'll do it alone if I have to.

[Image: 9be30a7.png]
[Image: LyingFloraBanner.jpg]
[Image: logo.png]
[Image: title.gif]
[Image: az2header2b.png]
10-09-2008 03:20 PM
PunchingYou Offline
Revolutionary

honestly wtf do you do when you walk out.. just sit around? i would get bored..

JESUS SAVES... ON THE PRICE OF DETERGALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!!
10-17-2008 10:30 AM
Fire Elf Offline
Fanatic

PunchingYou Wrote:honestly wtf do you do when you walk out.. just sit around? i would get bored..
Well, i dunno, do a demonstration, fight for our rights, stuff like that. It's not like one doesn't get bored in class...

10-17-2008 10:33 AM
Puchiko Offline
Pariah

26 Wrote:
PunchingYou Wrote:honestly wtf do you do when you walk out.. just sit around? i would get bored..
Well, i dunno, do a demonstration, fight for our rights, stuff like that. It's not like one doesn't get bored in class...
I'd march to some government building a protest in front of it. Don't forget to have all your transparents and slogans on the march as well.

Don't take life so seriously, it isn't permanent.
10-17-2008 08:24 PM
schoolhater234 Offline
Renegade

Guys, this sounds fuckin amazing! If we could get it to work, that is. Let's stop talking and start actually planning. All I've seen in this thread is "Well, it might work" or "It won't work." We don't know if it will work unless we plan it and get moving!

SchoolHater234

Aint no power like the power of the people cause the power of the people don't stop!

I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends.
- Abraham Lincoln

Come children and students abide by our rules
we'll send in the troops to recruit at your schools
and we'll tell you it's noble, we'll tell you it's cool
and you'll hear every word that we're saying
and there's room in the jails if the classrooms are full
for the times, they are not a-changin'
come mothers and fathers and friends of the slain
while we exploit your loses to fund our campaigns
we brought you the war, now there's no one to blame
you best hope the new leader ain't crazy
you can vote how you want but the outcomes the same
- Ryan Harvey
10-18-2008 08:13 AM
Pariah

what you fail to see that 20 kids nation wide walking out on the same day wont get noticed by anyone. you need at least hundreds of people for the media to say hey wtf is that?

Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life your living? Bob Marley
10-18-2008 08:17 AM
schoolhater234 Offline
Renegade

undergroundrevolutionary Wrote:what you fail to see that 20 kids nation wide walking out on the same day wont get noticed by anyone. you need at least hundreds of people for the media to say hey wtf is that?

That's what I'm talking about, undergroundrevolutionary. We need to plan it and figure out how we can get more people. We need less talk, more action. We need to plan.

SchoolHater324

Aint no power like the power of the people cause the power of the people don't stop!

I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends.
- Abraham Lincoln

Come children and students abide by our rules
we'll send in the troops to recruit at your schools
and we'll tell you it's noble, we'll tell you it's cool
and you'll hear every word that we're saying
and there's room in the jails if the classrooms are full
come mothers and fathers and friends of the slain
while we exploit your loses to fund our campaigns
we brought you the war, now there's no one to blame
you best hope the new leader ain't crazy
you can vote how you want but the outcomes the same
- Ryan Harvey
10-18-2008 08:19 AM
Fire Elf Offline
Fanatic

undergroundrevolutionary Wrote:what you fail to see that 20 kids nation wide walking out on the same day wont get noticed by anyone. you need at least hundreds of people for the media to say hey wtf is that?
Who said there was going to be just 20 "kids" walking out anyway. I'm going to at least try to get my school involved, that's already going to be already a lot more than just 20. And then there's other schools in the world...

10-18-2008 08:35 AM
Pariah

ya but launching something of that magnitude without a much more visited website is next to impossible

i guess we could highjack fox news or something but thats gonna take some mad skillz

10-18-2008 08:38 AM
Fire Elf Offline
Fanatic

undergroundrevolutionary Wrote:ya but launching something of that magnitude without a much more visited website is next to impossible

i guess we could highjack fox news or something but thats gonna take some mad skillz
Well, we can always post on more visited websites... youtube for example...

BTW, Fox News is lies and fail. Those faggots will prolly ignore us no matter how huge it is.

10-18-2008 08:48 AM
Pariah

i know i agree with you they are completely one sided and way too conservative.

even if we were to post something like this on youtube we would have to find someone with a very frequently viewed channel to post it and by frequently i mean like 100,000 hits a month
or else it would still be fail

10-18-2008 08:52 AM
Fire Elf Offline
Fanatic

bump, for great justice. We need something to get our rights.

BTW, the fact that 6moredetentions gets more replies then really any thread in the youth rights forum really speaks volumes about where this forum is going.

12-01-2008 07:06 AM
random_name Offline
Fanatic

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

note: one heck of a lot of those replys are you.

Hidden stuff:
"A 'no' uttered from deepest conviction is better and greater than a 'yes' merely uttered to please, or what is worse, to avoid trouble." - Mahatma Gandhi

"The irrationality of a thing is no argument against its existence, rather a condition of it."

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Ben Franklin

"when I was a kid I used to pray for a bicycle. then I realized that god doesn't work that way. so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness."
"I would rather die for something I believe in than live for anything else."
"What is the task of higher education? To make a man into a machine. What are the means employed? He is taught how to suffer being bored." – F W Nietzsche
[Image: s-event.png]
12-01-2008 07:14 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Defence for Children International Reptorian 16 1,158 10-21-2010 09:49 AM
Last Post: SoulRiser
  Who actually did a walkout? psychopath 7 888 10-17-2008 06:10 AM
Last Post: Aya
  What's really preventing us from doing a walkout? Michio-kun 15 1,486 10-04-2008 06:25 PM
Last Post: cooltoonist
  walkout plan retardhick 13 1,197 12-29-2007 02:43 PM
Last Post: i-am-the-liquor
  movie: walkout modest mouse 4 945 04-10-2006 09:48 AM
Last Post: modest mouse
  School Walkout -- help everyday anarchy 4 844 01-17-2006 11:45 AM
Last Post: Z?