RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'God' and life.
The Desert Fox Offline
Waging war with conviction

Given 102 thank(s) in 75 post(s)
Re: 'God' and life.

AWOL Wrote:Yes, and America's infinitely better Rolleyes
Never said that. America does suck, hell, if Palin gets elected in 2012 I'm moving to Canada, just saying that Ausfailia is worse.

Hidden stuff:
(11-27-2011 01:00 PM)psychopath Wrote:  
(11-27-2011 10:52 AM)Efs Wrote:  Our Army is more professional than Amerika. Smile
Except ours isn't allowed to have guns
CrayolaColours Wrote:That post owned. TDF wins post of the year.
Faby Wrote:
krissy Wrote:dessert fox
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
"There is no enemy, there is no victory, only boys who lost their lives in the sand."
[/center]
10-08-2010 03:24 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

Wow I guess patriotism runs rampant among many good individualists. Laugh

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
10-08-2010 07:05 AM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Given 28 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

I'll be patriotic when I move to a country I like.

[Image: True-Blood-Banner-true-blood-2196368-500-82.jpg]
Faith o' Meter
-{|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||}-
Quote:Riddle me this, riddle me that. Give me a straight answer, you pain in the ass cat.
10-08-2010 07:49 AM
 Thanks given by: McGee!
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Given 36 thank(s) in 34 post(s)

Patriotism is dumb. Don't stick to any one thing only because it was good.

[Image: 9be30a7.png]
[Image: LyingFloraBanner.jpg]
10-08-2010 11:48 AM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

Given 160 thank(s) in 104 post(s)

AWOL Wrote:Patriotism is dumb. Don't stick to any one thing only because it was good.
lolthis.

Hidden stuff:
TRIGGER WARNING: THIS TRIGGER WARNING CONTAINS TRIGGER WARNINGS!

Dear Tumblrites: Despite your wrongly self-diagnosed PTSD, no line of scientific evidence suggests people can be triggered over the internet. Triggering works through the senses (i.e. smell, taste, touch, vision, hearing.) but it goes through real time; if you're not experiencing it in real life as it's ACTUALLY HAPPENING in your ACTUAL life, you CANNOT be triggered. The only exception to this is if you have a seizure, but then again, that's triggered by epilepsy (i.e. rapidly-changing flashing lights) NOT PTSD. Remembering a bad incident is NOT the same thing as having a flashback. When you remember, you think; when you flashback, you feel.

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

[Image: violator_blackbg_110x32.gif]
Max Stirnir Wrote:"In the time of spirits thoughts grew till they overtopped my head, whose offspring they yet were; they hovered about me and convulsed me like fever-phantasies -- an awful power. The thoughts had become corporeal on their own account, were ghosts, e. g. God, Emperor, Pope, Fatherland, etc. If I destroy their corporeity, then I take them back into mine, and say: "I alone am corporeal." And now I take the world as what it is to me, as mine, as my property; I refer all to myself." The Ego and Its Own, pg. 15
Charles Manson Wrote:“Look down at me and you see a fool;
look up at me and you see a god;
look straight at me and you see yourself”
HeartofShadows Wrote:"Life is nothing more than a druggie trying to get their quick fix of happiness while dealing with the harsh withdrawal of reality"
Osip Mandelstam Wrote:"I divide all of world literature into authorized and unauthorized works. The former are all trash; the latter--stolen air. I want to spit in the face of every writer who first obtains permission and then writes." The Fourth Prose, 1930.
Lukas Foss Wrote:That is why the analogy of stealing does not work. With a thief, we want to know how much money he stole, and from whom. With the artist it is not how much he took and from whom, but what he did with it.
PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
 Pirate Join the crew!Pirate
10-08-2010 11:49 AM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

I'm only patriotic when I agree with what the country is doing and and honestly be proud of it.

That's always liable to change.

Faith o' Meter
Quote:Riddle me this, riddle me that. Give me a straight answer, you pain in the ass cat.
10-09-2010 01:44 PM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

... That basically means you don't have an ounce of patriotism.

10-09-2010 06:26 PM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Wouldn't my term be nationalism? ...*looks up nationalism*

PSSH, where'd I get that idea? Oh well. Isn't there a certain word for not blindly loving a country?

Faith o' Meter
10-10-2010 01:30 PM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

I wouldn't really see the point to such a term, since all country love is blind.

10-10-2010 02:52 PM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Not really, you could love how a country is right now, or love the geographical area.

Faith o' Meter
10-11-2010 02:14 AM
Jesusaurisrex Offline
Fanatic

Given 19 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

I hate my people, and hate my government, but god dammit I love my country. England is better if you hate the sun, dont care about your civil rights, like snobby people, and you like terrible food.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmXMA34CeoQ
10-11-2010 03:05 AM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

How does anyone who isn't European know what their food tastes like?

Faith o' Meter
10-11-2010 03:07 AM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

By comparing it to other foods?

10-11-2010 06:48 AM
Mondasin Offline
Revolutionary

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

If I were to worship something as a god, the first thing to come to my mind would be the sun in our solar system that actively heats our planet and allows us to survive.

But I have established that it is physically impossible for this universe to exist due to the paradox in which its creation stems from.

God created the universe: then where did god come from?
Big band theory: where did the original speck of super-dense matter come from?

any theory on the universe's creation and anything after that has one big problem.
Where the fuck did all of this come from

that or i worship your god's god's god's god's god's (3 hours later) god.
10-22-2010 01:17 PM
Nah Offline
Pariah

Given 4 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

That paradox isn't a problem if you consider time itself to be part of that which is created. You can't have before the Big Bang, or before God, because time was created then. I don't think the Big Bang can work, because it requires matter, which should also be considered part of the universe which needs a beginning. The way I see it, you need something outside this universe to be the initial cause, as much as something that exists outside of time can cause something.
10-25-2010 04:08 PM
Aya Offline
Banned

Given 45 thank(s) in 36 post(s)

Mondasin Wrote:If I were to worship something as a god, the first thing to come to my mind would be the sun in our solar system that actively heats our planet and allows us to survive.

But I have established that it is physically impossible for this universe to exist due to the paradox in which its creation stems from.
God created the universe: then where did god come from?
Big band theory: where did the original speck of super-dense matter come from?

any theory on the universe's creation and anything after that has one big problem.
Where the fuck did all of this come from

that or i worship your god's god's god's god's god's (3 hours later) god.

In other words, because you don't understand it, it must not exist?
10-26-2010 03:21 AM
Raikuron Offline
Fanatic

Given 3 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

I think it is more impossible to understand than simply can but does not understand.
10-26-2010 11:12 AM
Jesusaurisrex Offline
Fanatic

Given 19 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

CrayolaColours Wrote:How does anyone who isn't European know what their food tastes like?

History lesson on Jesusaurisrex

he lived there for a while, and was still living there when he joined this site

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmXMA34CeoQ
10-26-2010 11:27 AM
zachjackel Offline
Defiant

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

one thing you could do if you don't believe in a god ( any god or gods)
is look around at some other religions that don't focus on worshiping some omnipotent being. like Buddhism or Jediism
01-04-2011 07:40 PM
Faby Offline
work in progress

Given 61 thank(s) in 45 post(s)

zachjackel Wrote:Jediism

LOL

Let go of all desire for the common good, and the good becomes common as grass.

~~

Good fortune follows upon disaster;
Disaster lurks within good fortune;
Who can say how things will end?
Perhaps there is no end.
01-04-2011 07:42 PM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Given 60 thank(s) in 49 post(s)

Faby Wrote:
zachjackel Wrote:Jediism

LOL
Holy shit Rofl

[Image: glorious666.png]
01-04-2011 08:09 PM
Fractomancer Offline
Revolutionary

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

I am agnostic.
But if there were a god, I wouldn't think that he's a dude in the sky/heaven or something. And that he'd demand people to do shit. If he is out there I in fact hate him. He lets mean people to heaven as long as they believe in him but if there are good people that don't believe in him he makes them go to hell.
I have had some random speculations on god and what he does though. I have a personal conclusion:
He would be more like a writer of a story.
If that is true, it means that everyone can sort of be a god with their imagination, heh.

Now that I think about it, it's actually very frightening. If there was a god, he could be some sad dude who lives by escapism in his imagination land.

Nah I don't care. God has never really actively influenced my life, just created it.

[Image: adhd_mild.gif] Try it on yourself!
01-04-2011 09:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Given 50 thank(s) in 38 post(s)

My god is Armok, and that reminds me: I must get MOAR BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
01-05-2011 02:53 AM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

I'm going to put a foot down on the whole benevolent god theory right now:
[Image: 254979_f520.jpg]

01-06-2011 01:52 AM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Given 50 thank(s) in 38 post(s)

That's an interesting viewpoint: Maybe a god or deity or something exists but he's just an asshole
01-07-2011 01:40 AM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

RE: 'God' and life.

(01-07-2011 01:40 AM)BaronVonStrangle Wrote:  That's an interesting viewpoint: Maybe a god or deity or something exists but he's just an asshole

"Maltheism."

Hidden stuff:

Dear Tumblrites: Despite your wrongly self-diagnosed PTSD, no line of scientific evidence suggests people can be triggered over the internet. Triggering works through the senses (i.e. smell, taste, touch, vision, hearing.) but it goes through real time; if you're not experiencing it in real life as it's ACTUALLY HAPPENING in your ACTUAL life, you CANNOT be triggered. The only exception to this is if you have a seizure, but then again, that's triggered by epilepsy (i.e. rapidly-changing flashing lights) NOT PTSD. Remembering a bad incident is NOT the same thing as having a flashback. When you remember, you think; when you flashback, you feel.

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

Max Stirnir Wrote:"In the time of spirits thoughts grew till they overtopped my head, whose offspring they yet were; they hovered about me and convulsed me like fever-phantasies -- an awful power. The thoughts had become corporeal on their own account, were ghosts, e. g. God, Emperor, Pope, Fatherland, etc. If I destroy their corporeity, then I take them back into mine, and say: "I alone am corporeal." And now I take the world as what it is to me, as mine, as my property; I refer all to myself." The Ego and Its Own, pg. 15
HeartofShadows Wrote:"Life is nothing more than a druggie trying to get their quick fix of happiness while dealing with the harsh withdrawal of reality"
Osip Mandelstam Wrote:"I divide all of world literature into authorized and unauthorized works. The former are all trash; the latter--stolen air. I want to spit in the face of every writer who first obtains permission and then writes." The Fourth Prose, 1930.
Lukas Foss Wrote:That is why the analogy of stealing does not work. With a thief, we want to know how much money he stole, and from whom. With the artist it is not how much he took and from whom, but what he did with it.
PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
10-23-2012 08:20 AM
AtheistLGBTQAnarchist Offline
Peace Loving Blood Lover

Given 47 thank(s) in 36 post(s)
'God' and life.

ATTENTION: PLEASE KEEP FROM BUMPING JUNK THAT'S OVER A YEAR OLD! THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME I WASTED!

Congratulations humanity,because you refuse to let go of the old and evolve you actually make people believe in 2012. Not only that, but you're the only species on Earth that were able to make it possible, now we get to sit until we die because we couldn't get to Mars. We have failed as a society and don't deserve our gifts to survive for this long. Maybe this is why dinosaurs are extinct, we sure aren't any better than the dirt you say we're created from. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...DvwSOFto#! Noo

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
-Albert Einstein

"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither."
-Benjamin Franklin
10-23-2012 09:46 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

We can and should bump. It keeps interesting threads alive and provokes inspiration.

Hidden stuff:

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
10-23-2012 10:06 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

(10-23-2012 09:46 AM)EmpathyLover Wrote:  ATTENTION: PLEASE KEEP FROM BUMPING JUNK THAT'S OVER A YEAR OLD! THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME I WASTED!

ATTENTION: PLEASE KEEP FROM TELLING PEOPLE WHAT THEY CAN OR CANNOT POST ON A PUBLIC FORUM. THANK YOU FOR YOUR CAPSLOCK!

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
10-23-2012 11:35 PM
 Thanks given by: Sociopath , Ky