RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I'm cheering on the end of the world
Michio-kun Offline
Fanatic

Given 28 thank(s) in 24 post(s)
Why I'm cheering on the end of the world

As seen below, modern society is screwed. I have a feeling that nobody is going to care about school when we have to deal with these problems. (I hope so at least).

Current problems:

the biggest credit bubble in human history

housing bubble

food shortages (already happening in 3rd world countries, google food riots shortages)

water shortages (see australia)

fished out oceans (no more fish in 30-40 years at this rate)

global warming (doesn't matter whether we caused it or not, it's happening)

peak oil - An indisputable fact that only the media + politicians will deny. Oil is a magical resource and nothing we have at this point can replace it. All existing alternative energies cannot be put into place fast enough to replace this. This would require a massive reinvestment in infrastructure that the public would not support. People think economic forces will magically cause some scientist to pull some technology out of their arse that will solve our energy problems even though we've been having energy problems since the 60s-70s era and nobody has come up with that magical technology.

possible world war - What happens when nations stop producing enough oil to become profitable to sell? They hoarde it. The exporting stops. Just you wait until a nation like the United States stops receiving exports. Just wait until a nation like Russia (a main supplier of oil to the EU) decides to cut off exports. That's when it gets scary.

overpopulation - You'll hear from ecologists that a stable world wide human population is anywhere from 500 million to 2 billion. What happens when 6 1/2 billion humans run out of the resource that was allowing them to overshoot ecological equilibrium by at least 4 billion people? They die. Simple as that. The main dispute is whether humans will die off slowly or whether there will be a massive population crash.

collapse of the US economy - See first 2 entries. There will be reverberations throughout foreign markets if there is a meltdown is the US. It won't be pretty. Hey, did you know that the government currently carries around $50 trillion dollars of debt? Go to google images and search "us economy debt", "us economy inflation", "amount of money in the us". Your eyes will pop out of your head when you see the horror of compounded growth. Say your thanks to the Federal Reserve for ruining the country. Fiat money is unsustainable in the system we've been using.

Oh and you'll see the most severe problems bloom and explode during the years 2010-2020. The past month (if you live in the US), you're already seeing some severe problems that will only get worse because the public and the government has their head up their arse.

Here's a fun fact that the media and the government will not report... If you calculate change in real GDP for the US economy throughout the years while ignoring the fishy statistics they use today to overstate the reality of GDP, you will see that for the past several years or so, the US has actually been in a recession.

I doubt anyone is going to give a shit about school if they're having problems just trying food to eat.

To a mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders. - Chuang-tzu
The quieter you become, the more you can hear. - Baba Ram Dass
The whole moon and the entire sky are reflected in one dewdrop on the grass. - Dogen
Great Faith. Great Doubt. Great Effort. - The three qualities necessary for training. - Zen saying
Possessing much knowledge is like having a thousand foot fishing line with a hook, but the fish is always an inch beyond the hook. - Zen saying
10-13-2008 02:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Milk2Go Offline
Fanatic

Given 41 thank(s) in 29 post(s)
Re: Why I'm cheering on the end of the world

How will everyone respond?
"Thank God schools will teach people about this stuff! Then people will know how to fix it!"

It'll just glorify school.
10-13-2008 02:28 AM
John Tuttle Offline
Fanatic

Given 5 thank(s) in 5 post(s)

FAIL POST

[Image: funny-gifs-wax-on-wax-owl.gif]
10-13-2008 02:52 AM
cooltoonist Offline
Revolutionary

Given 7 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

I'm actually looking forward to that. Smile
Don't know why, it seems like your actions will be pointless at the time so you might as well be obnoxious and do a "Before I die" to-do list.

Besides, I find life boring most of the time, so I'll be amused by the global drama while those things happen.

Challenges for Generation Y to overcome or be overwhelm'd by.
10-13-2008 05:14 AM
Michio-kun Offline
Fanatic

Given 28 thank(s) in 24 post(s)

[quote="cooltoonist"]I'm actually looking forward to that. Smile
[\quote]

Lol @ your avatar in light of this comment.

To a mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders. - Chuang-tzu
The quieter you become, the more you can hear. - Baba Ram Dass
The whole moon and the entire sky are reflected in one dewdrop on the grass. - Dogen
Great Faith. Great Doubt. Great Effort. - The three qualities necessary for training. - Zen saying
Possessing much knowledge is like having a thousand foot fishing line with a hook, but the fish is always an inch beyond the hook. - Zen saying
10-13-2008 05:51 AM
PunchingYou Offline
Revolutionary

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

Stratovarius Wrote:As seen below, modern society is screwed. I have a feeling that nobody is going to care about school when we have to deal with these problems. (I hope so at least).

Current problems:

the biggest credit bubble in human history

housing bubble

food shortages (already happening in 3rd world countries, google food riots shortages)

water shortages (see australia)

fished out oceans (no more fish in 30-40 years at this rate)

global warming (doesn't matter whether we caused it or not, it's happening)

peak oil - An indisputable fact that only the media + politicians will deny. Oil is a magical resource and nothing we have at this point can replace it. All existing alternative energies cannot be put into place fast enough to replace this. This would require a massive reinvestment in infrastructure that the public would not support. People think economic forces will magically cause some scientist to pull some technology out of their arse that will solve our energy problems even though we've been having energy problems since the 60s-70s era and nobody has come up with that magical technology.

possible world war - What happens when nations stop producing enough oil to become profitable to sell? They hoarde it. The exporting stops. Just you wait until a nation like the United States stops receiving exports. Just wait until a nation like Russia (a main supplier of oil to the EU) decides to cut off exports. That's when it gets scary.

overpopulation - You'll hear from ecologists that a stable world wide human population is anywhere from 500 million to 2 billion. What happens when 6 1/2 billion humans run out of the resource that was allowing them to overshoot ecological equilibrium by at least 4 billion people? They die. Simple as that. The main dispute is whether humans will die off slowly or whether there will be a massive population crash.

collapse of the US economy - See first 2 entries. There will be reverberations throughout foreign markets if there is a meltdown is the US. It won't be pretty. Hey, did you know that the government currently carries around $50 trillion dollars of debt? Go to google images and search "us economy debt", "us economy inflation", "amount of money in the us". Your eyes will pop out of your head when you see the horror of compounded growth. Say your thanks to the Federal Reserve for ruining the country. Fiat money is unsustainable in the system we've been using.

Oh and you'll see the most severe problems bloom and explode during the years 2010-2020. The past month (if you live in the US), you're already seeing some severe problems that will only get worse because the public and the government has their head up their arse.

Here's a fun fact that the media and the government will not report... If you calculate change in real GDP for the US economy throughout the years while ignoring the fishy statistics they use today to overstate the reality of GDP, you will see that for the past several years or so, the US has actually been in a recession.

I doubt anyone is going to give a shit about school if they're having problems just trying food to eat.

i hope aliens use a terraforming laser or some shit to just sink 3rd world countries with no air pollution laws. poor ozone :(

JESUS SAVES... ON THE PRICE OF DETERGALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!!
10-17-2008 11:01 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Given 113 thank(s) in 97 post(s)

I've said it before and I'll say it again: survivalists will inherit the Earth. The end of the American empire is inevitable, I just hope it happens soon enough for me to scavenge through the remnants of civilization without being too old and weak to defend against the hockey pad-wearing gas pirates who will roam the highways.

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
The quickest way to kill a revolution is to wait for it.
10-17-2008 11:56 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Quote:Besides, I find life boring most of the time, so I'll be amused by the global drama while those things happen.
True. It will be amusing... as long as nothing bad happens to anybody I care about... Suspicious

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
10-18-2008 05:23 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Puchiko Offline
Pariah

Given 15 thank(s) in 11 post(s)

PunchingYou Wrote:i hope aliens use a terraforming laser or some shit to just sink 3rd world countries with no air pollution laws. poor ozone :(
3rd world countries are not the worst offenders though. Let's start with the US-you guys signed to Kyoto protocol, but never actually followed the set limits (you prefer to pay the fines instead). The other biggest trouble makers are second world countries (China, India) who are rapidly developing, hence experiencing an industrial boom, but not developed enough to cut down on the emissions.

Don't take life so seriously, it isn't permanent.
10-20-2008 06:23 AM
cooltoonist Offline
Revolutionary

Given 7 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

Would this happen to have a connection with 2012? Lulz.
10-20-2008 07:22 PM
i-am-the-liquor Offline
Fanatic

Given 8 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

Rebelnerd Wrote:I've said it before and I'll say it again: survivalists will inherit the Earth. The end of the American empire is inevitable, I just hope it happens soon enough for me to scavenge through the remnants of civilization without being too old and weak to defend against the hockey pad-wearing gas pirates who will roam the highways.

Laugh , mad max refrence ftw

I dont mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am,so thats how it comes out.- bill hicks
10-20-2008 11:02 PM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Given 113 thank(s) in 97 post(s)

Road Warrior=best movie ever

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
The quickest way to kill a revolution is to wait for it.
10-21-2008 04:44 AM