RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SquareEnix rage?
Leon Kinotolian Offline
Admincat

Given 11 thank(s) in 9 post(s)
SquareEnix rage?

fish20 Wrote:-Kingdom hearts Coded/re:coded, because it is just an inferior kingdom hearts 1 with almost no addition to the story and is a pointless game to be made.
-That KH:Re:CoM is on Ps2 (which is a remake of a GBA game that isn't a main game), while Birth by Sleep (which is a main game in the series and all the other main games were released on PS2) is on PSP.
-That Square Enix has to make a million rpgs with the name final fantasy just because it will get more sales.
These three caught my eye, and I thought I'd respond to them.

- Coded/Re:Coded has a role in the story, though I'll admit only the beginning and ending are relevant... Also, side-scrolling levels. No thank you.
- CoM/Re:CoM is strongly tied to the main story of Kingdom Hearts, so I wouldn't say it's not a 'main game', even if it was originally a handheld. Also, when Re:CoM was released, the PS2 was still alive and kicking, even if it was getting close to death. By the time Birth By Sleep came around, the PS2 was and is effectively dead. Not saying I don't like PS2 anymore, because I love it and will buy myself a new one within the year if no new PS3s come out with backwards compatibility. However, dead is dead; there's no use in putting BBS on the PS2. May as well port it on the handheld console for peoples' convenience and pleasure.
- I'll grant you that they can do better without the Final Fantasy title these days, but give the company some slack. Final Fantasy is the only reason Squaresoft (y'know, before it became SquareEnix) stayed alive. Besides, if the majority of fans still like the series, there's no harm in producing more RPGs for it... Well, 10-2 was a bit horrific, but I digress.

*Tentaclerape*
Hidden stuff:
The Desert Fox Wrote:
Rebelnerd Wrote:Avatar was an inside job.
For $9.11 I'll give you an inside job.
Raikuron Wrote:Okay. I fail. DISREGARD THAT EVERYONE, I SUCK COCKS!
BaronVonStrangle Wrote:fox you should take everything mystery says with a pinch of salt

and by pinch of salt i actually mean you need to build a fucking salt processing plant so you have enough salt to dispell the bullshit
04-07-2011 01:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
fish20 Offline
Penguins are birds

Given 32 thank(s) in 25 post(s)
Re: What ticks you off

No I mean Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles/Legend/Mystic Quest/4 Heroes of Light, Etc.
04-07-2011 01:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Leon Kinotolian Offline
Admincat

Given 11 thank(s) in 9 post(s)
Re: What ticks you off

fish20 Wrote:No I mean Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles/Legend/Mystic Quest/4 Heroes of Light, Etc.
Ah. I'll agree with that notion, long as you don't mention Tactics. Classic shit.

*Tentaclerape*
Hidden stuff:
The Desert Fox Wrote:
Rebelnerd Wrote:Avatar was an inside job.
For $9.11 I'll give you an inside job.
Raikuron Wrote:Okay. I fail. DISREGARD THAT EVERYONE, I SUCK COCKS!
BaronVonStrangle Wrote:fox you should take everything mystery says with a pinch of salt

and by pinch of salt i actually mean you need to build a fucking salt processing plant so you have enough salt to dispell the bullshit
04-07-2011 01:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
fish20 Offline
Penguins are birds

Re: SquareEnix rage?

I still don't see why they have to put Kh games on every system almost. They should just stick to one or two, not 5.
04-07-2011 01:15 PM
Elfy Offline
Fanatic

Given 64 thank(s) in 41 post(s)

SquareEnix sucks balls compared to Squaresoft.

RIP SCHOOL-SURVIVAL 04/07/2019
[Image: tumblr_lpjpoqOyQ91qb8nljo1_500.gif]
04-07-2011 04:16 PM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

Elfy Wrote:SquareEnix sucks balls compared to Squaresoft.

Amen.

I raged because my first rpg was Final Fantasy VIII and now Square as a company has grown to big for their balls.

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
04-08-2011 12:18 PM
Elfy Offline
Fanatic

Given 64 thank(s) in 41 post(s)

There is something with Squares games that I never got with SquareEnix's. My first was FFX. Boy was it magical. The story blew me away, the characters were amazing, the amount of depth and detail was just awesome. And the graphics were the best for their time. I was actually touched by the story, I felt something of achievement when I had completed the game. Same for VII. But when I played FFXIII... it was lacking in something. It didn't click. It was still a good game, but it didn't pull me in and make me believe they were real and alive.

RIP SCHOOL-SURVIVAL 04/07/2019
[Image: tumblr_lpjpoqOyQ91qb8nljo1_500.gif]
04-08-2011 04:03 PM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

Not to mention the writing was complete shit.

The moral of the game was denying and fighting your fate but in the end the main characters spent the entire game doing what the villians wanted and doing things they were trying to avoid while in the end were saved by a deus ex machina.

Lost odyssey to me was Final Fantasy XIII.

An interesting world that feels like a world with a cast of characters that grow on you and a good storyline.

Battle system is a reminiscent of old turn based but I still liked the game.

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
04-08-2011 04:09 PM
fish20 Offline
Penguins are birds

Whats up with final fantasy 14. What a bad idea.
04-09-2011 11:40 AM
Pieman Offline
Pie Deity

Given 28 thank(s) in 23 post(s)

Leon Kinotolian Wrote:These three caught my eye, and I thought I'd respond to them.

- Coded/Re:Coded has a role in the story, though I'll admit only the beginning and ending are relevant... Also, side-scrolling levels. No thank you.
- CoM/Re:CoM is strongly tied to the main story of Kingdom Hearts, so I wouldn't say it's not a 'main game', even if it was originally a handheld. Also, when Re:CoM was released, the PS2 was still alive and kicking, even if it was getting close to death. By the time Birth By Sleep came around, the PS2 was and is effectively dead. Not saying I don't like PS2 anymore, because I love it and will buy myself a new one within the year if no new PS3s come out with backwards compatibility. However, dead is dead; there's no use in putting BBS on the PS2. May as well port it on the handheld console for peoples' convenience and pleasure.
- I'll grant you that they can do better without the Final Fantasy title these days, but give the company some slack. Final Fantasy is the only reason Squaresoft (y'know, before it became SquareEnix) stayed alive. Besides, if the majority of fans still like the series, there's no harm in producing more RPGs for it... Well, 10-2 was a bit horrific, but I digress.

This. Kingdom hearts fo' lief. Though I miss it being on the PS2. Twas a simpler time. The side scrolling games annoyed me..I wasn't much of a fan of the DS games. I was so glad they ported Re:Com to the PS2, it made things so much easier. Plus it allows voice acters, which everybody loves. I got BBS for the PSP, which was..I'd say a 6/10. When it comes to Kingdom Hearts, they'll always be amazing. As far as final fantasy goes..

Son, I am disappoint. FF has an extraordinary legacy, it's one of the greatest game series ever..or, at least, it was. These past few have seemed more like films than games. Long, linear hallways. Five minute cut scenes, NPCs doing the fighting for you..I mean come on why even bother making a game at all? Personally, I think they should go back and look FF games X and down. The ones that were actually GOOD. Maybe they've forgotten something.

" I never knew until that moment how bad it could hurt to lose something you never really had. " ~From the television show The Wonder Years
04-09-2011 01:42 PM
fish20 Offline
Penguins are birds

They should just make Final Fantasy XV and use 16 bit esque graphics and Active Time Battle System, but make a 200 hour game + like 60 hours of side quest and an amazing story. It will be the best rpg ever. Of course they will never do something like that ever. Rolleyes
04-10-2011 10:17 AM