RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DON'T drop out of school!!
schoolhater234 Offline
Renegade

Given 3 thank(s) in 2 post(s)
DON'T drop out of school!!

Hello-

I really don't understand what this website is trying to do. I'm just telling all of you, if you do go ahead and drop out, you'll end up working at McDonalds all your life. It's total 100 percent fact. No one who hasn't gone to school has ever ended up at a good college with a decent paying job. NO ONE! Don't believe me? One of my good friends, Bill, from my old high school dropped out of school when we were in 10th grade. He used the term "rising out" instead of "dropping out" and said he was going to "unschool." I tried to persuade him not too, and I told him that if he does, he'll end up working at a fast food chain all his life, but he still insisted.

Know what he's doing now? He's actually doing something he really wants to do and he enjoys it. And guess what that is? He's painting pictures everyday! Yes, they're beautiful, but no, he isn't making 100's of 1000's of dollars off of them! And everyone know's that the only way to enjoy your life is to be in the highest of the high class.

I, on the other hand, went to college and chose something that I didn't want to do, but makes me millions of dollars. I am a psychiatrist. Yes, it's something I never wanted to do, and yes, I don't enjoy it one bit. But, it makes me soooo much money and we all know, and I hope you children know, that money is the only point in life.

You need money to do anything... ANYTHING you want to do in life.

Secondly, what are you going to do outside of school? 99.999 percent of dropouts end up joining violent gangs! Or end up commiting suicide! What, you're going to roam the streets? Is that what you plan to do? Well, being in the streets is where the dropout gangsters roam. You better be careful.

Wouldn't you rather be in school, a structured environment where you are safe from the terrible threats of the outside world? You NEED school to teach you how to be a civilized citizen. All the rebellious teenagers start questioning things like, "Why do I need to go to class?" and "Why should I be forced to learn things I don't want to?" Well, you know what, you better not ask those questions in school because you'll be sent to the office. The whole system is meant to keep you in line so you'll become a responsible adult to work in the outside world. As I said before, the whole point of life is to eventually make money.

First you go to school, then you go to college, then you get a job, then you get your MONEY! It all leads up to that. And even after, you get your retirement funds! The only, ONLY point in life is money. That's it. The only reason we learn things is so we can do well for our jobs. So, stop questioning and get your fucking ass into school, young man!

So... don't drop out! Always keep in mind:

Would you like to work at Burger King or McDonalds all your life being payed minimum wage, or would you like to get a job that you severely hate so much, but be paid a fortune!?

Here's some words of encouragement: If you decide to go the right way, by way of college and high school, you'll be wasting your whole life... BUT YOU'LL GET A LOT OF MONEY. So start training your mind to know that the only thing in life that matters is MONEY. MONEY. MONEY. And that's all, folks!

I hope this convinced you to not drop out or "rise out." You'll be getting more MONEY!

If you do not already know, which you should by now, this article is a parody of the stupid things that people tell us when we tell them we are thinking of dropping out. So, in no way, shape, or form is this article my opinion at all. I am a dropout myself. It's just a joke! Hope you liked it! Please comment! ;-)

Aint no power like the power of the people cause the power of the people don't stop!

I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends.
- Abraham Lincoln

Come children and students abide by our rules
we'll send in the troops to recruit at your schools
and we'll tell you it's noble, we'll tell you it's cool
and you'll hear every word that we're saying
and there's room in the jails if the classrooms are full
for the times, they are not a-changin'
come mothers and fathers and friends of the slain
while we exploit your loses to fund our campaigns
we brought you the war, now there's no one to blame
you best hope the new leader ain't crazy
you can vote how you want but the outcomes the same
- Ryan Harvey
11-20-2008 07:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: The man , Deleted
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)
Re: DON'T drop out of school!!

Sweeet. This should be in the articles section or something... hmm. Like in the Comic Relief section. Yeah. That OK with you?

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
11-20-2008 07:47 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Elfy Offline
Fanatic

Given 64 thank(s) in 41 post(s)

I thought you weren't joking then None

It pretty much outlines what all the brainwashed idiots say.

RIP SCHOOL-SURVIVAL 04/07/2019
[Image: tumblr_lpjpoqOyQ91qb8nljo1_500.gif]
11-20-2008 07:49 AM
Sunbourn Offline
Proud crazy cat man

Given 289 thank(s) in 192 post(s)

Quote:I really don't understand what this website is trying to do. I'm just telling all of you, if you do go ahead and drop out, you'll end up working at McDonalds all your life. It's total 100 percent fact. No one who hasn't gone to school has ever ended up at a good college with a decent paying job. NO ONE! Don't believe me? One of my good friends, Bill, from my old high school dropped out of school when we were in 10th grade. He used the term "rising out" instead of "dropping out" and said he was going to "unschool." I tried to persuade him not too, and I told him that if he does, he'll end up working at a fast food chain all his life, but he still insisted.

I stoped reading after this paragraph. You're absolutly wrong.

Who am I? Who are YOU?
11-20-2008 07:52 AM
returnal Away
cold like minnesota (brrr!)

Given 29 thank(s) in 26 post(s)

|55555| Wrote:
Quote:I really don't understand what this website is trying to do. I'm just telling all of you, if you do go ahead and drop out, you'll end up working at McDonalds all your life. It's total 100 percent fact. No one who hasn't gone to school has ever ended up at a good college with a decent paying job. NO ONE! Don't believe me? One of my good friends, Bill, from my old high school dropped out of school when we were in 10th grade. He used the term "rising out" instead of "dropping out" and said he was going to "unschool." I tried to persuade him not too, and I told him that if he does, he'll end up working at a fast food chain all his life, but he still insisted.

I stoped reading after this paragraph. You're absolutly wrong.
schoolhater234 Wrote:If you do not already know, which you should by now, this article is a parody of the stupid things that people tell us when we tell them we are thinking of dropping out. So, in no way, shape, or form is this article my opinion at all. I am a dropout myself. It's just a joke! Hope you liked it! Please comment! ;-)

woah dude
dude woah
11-20-2008 08:01 AM
random_name Offline
Fanatic

Given 15 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

im thinking this is probablky a joke. in fact, im hoping it is.

Hidden stuff:
"A 'no' uttered from deepest conviction is better and greater than a 'yes' merely uttered to please, or what is worse, to avoid trouble." - Mahatma Gandhi

"The irrationality of a thing is no argument against its existence, rather a condition of it."

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Ben Franklin

"when I was a kid I used to pray for a bicycle. then I realized that god doesn't work that way. so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness."
"I would rather die for something I believe in than live for anything else."
"What is the task of higher education? To make a man into a machine. What are the means employed? He is taught how to suffer being bored." – F W Nietzsche
[Image: s-event.png]
11-20-2008 08:07 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

It must be good if some people actually believe it. I had an April Fool's joke on this site once that said something similar about how I was shutting down the site, blah blah... people believed me. I thought it was obvious it was a joke... but apparently not. Shrug

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer

Hidden stuff:
11-20-2008 08:35 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Superkamiguru , The man
schoolhater234 Offline
Renegade

SoulRiser Wrote:Sweeet. This should be in the articles section or something... hmm. Like in the Comic Relief section. Yeah. That OK with you?

Yeah, sure, that's perfectly fine lol.

Smile

schoolhater234

Aint no power like the power of the people cause the power of the people don't stop!

- Abraham Lincoln

- Ryan Harvey
11-20-2008 08:51 AM
schoolhater234 Offline
Renegade

matty555 Wrote:I thought you weren't joking then None

It pretty much outlines what all the brainwashed idiots say.

lol, thnx a lot! :-)

schoolhater234

- Abraham Lincoln

- Ryan Harvey
11-20-2008 08:52 AM
schoolhater234 Offline
Renegade

SoulRiser Wrote:It must be good if some people actually believe it. I had an April Fool's joke on this site once that said something similar about how I was shutting down the site, blah blah... people believed me. I thought it was obvious it was a joke... but apparently not. Shrug

Yeah, it's funny to me how people don't see almost right away that this article is a joke Smile. To me, it seems so obvious... how I keep stressing the 'money' part of the article, lol. "You need money to survive!"

- Abraham Lincoln

- Ryan Harvey
11-20-2008 09:01 AM
cooltoonist Offline
Revolutionary

Given 7 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

Wow, you nearly had me going there.
Good to know what arguments will be facing with.

Loads of logical fallacies I must say.
11-20-2008 02:36 PM
Blue Sky Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

Psychiatrists don't make millions of dollars. I looked it up and I plan to become one step lower than a Psychiatrist which is a Psychologist. I don't want to deal with medicine it just gets nasty. So many more things can go wrong if you are a Psychiatrist and being a Psychologist is way less of a burden and takes less school which is better for everyone.
11-21-2008 04:49 PM
Puchiko Offline
Pariah

Given 15 thank(s) in 11 post(s)

Blue Sky Wrote:Psychiatrists don't make millions of dollars. I looked it up and I plan to become one step lower than a Psychiatrist which is a Psychologist. I don't want to deal with medicine it just gets nasty. So many more things can go wrong if you are a Psychiatrist and being a Psychologist is way less of a burden and takes less school which is better for everyone.

[Image: tableky3.jpg]

If you can't see the image, it's available in text format at Wikipedia.

Those are very nice salaries.

However, I think psychiatry was chosen by schoolhater reflecting the general despect of the anti-school towards clinical psychology. Even I, and I'm far less radical than many in this movement have little faith in "mental health treatment". The sad scenario of "troubled" kids forced to see mental health professionals, and often forced to consume prescription drugs with nasty side effects against their will, has led to a general distrust towards the mental health industry. My personal opinion is that clinical psychology and psychiatry is overused, in many cases speaking to a friend would produce exactly the same results. I see a point for people with inborn disorders that go beyond the common depression (Note: I don't consider depression to be a laughing matter, but feel a mental health professional can do nothing more to help than a layman), but am disgusted by the trend to consider psychology a magical solve-it-all solution. I'm going off the topic now-I just wanted to say the psychiatrist symbolises the contempt of the anti-school movement for professions they consider useless.

Oh shit, I'm talking about symbols. I always spoke out against dissecting literary works in my Czech classes, and now I did it myself. Well, I guess it's a fun thing to do, as long as you find hidden meanings yourself, instead of being forced to memorise someone else's analysis.

Don't take life so seriously, it isn't permanent.
11-22-2008 02:12 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

http://www.school-survival.net/comic_re ... op-out.php
Biggrin

Hidden stuff:
11-22-2008 04:50 AM
Specter Offline
Pariah

Given 4 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

Very entertaining post. I enjoyed reading very word.

If you are really a psychologist IRL, then quit you job NOW. You a clearly brain-fucked.

Jesus backwards sounds like 'sausage'. =D
11-22-2008 08:01 AM
random_name Offline
Fanatic

Given 15 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

SoulRiser Wrote:It must be good if some people actually believe it. I had an April Fool's joke on this site once that said something similar about how I was shutting down the site, blah blah... people believed me. I thought it was obvious it was a joke... but apparently not. Shrug

im only just starting to see the funny side of this Laugh

Hidden stuff:
"A 'no' uttered from deepest conviction is better and greater than a 'yes' merely uttered to please, or what is worse, to avoid trouble." - Mahatma Gandhi

"The irrationality of a thing is no argument against its existence, rather a condition of it."

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Ben Franklin

"when I was a kid I used to pray for a bicycle. then I realized that god doesn't work that way. so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness."
"I would rather die for something I believe in than live for anything else."
"What is the task of higher education? To make a man into a machine. What are the means employed? He is taught how to suffer being bored." – F W Nietzsche
[Image: s-event.png]
11-22-2008 09:51 PM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Given 50 thank(s) in 38 post(s)

Making a joke that everyone will understand on the internet is immpossible.
11-22-2008 11:04 PM
punkhippie Offline
Defiant

You are absolutely wrong. You fail to realize something called mental well being. The stress that school, and adults put on children is suicidal. This entires website is about proving your bullshit statement wrong. We're tired of this "education". We're all for learning. But not being like a slave just to get a nice house when we're older. We are thinkers. We want mental prosperity. Not just a house and a 1,000,000,000 dollar business.
11-24-2008 03:29 AM
schoolhater234 Offline
Renegade

punkhippie Wrote:You are absolutely wrong. You fail to realize something called mental well being. The stress that school, and adults put on children is suicidal. This entires website is about proving your bullshit statement wrong. We're tired of this "education". We're all for learning. But not being like a slave just to get a nice house when we're older. We are thinkers. We want mental prosperity. Not just a house and a 1,000,000,000 dollar business.

You obviously haven't read my whole article and haven't read through this whole thread. The whole article is meant to be a parody of the "stupid things people tell us when we tell them we are thinking of dropping out." Please read through things fully before commenting.

- Abraham Lincoln

- Ryan Harvey
11-24-2008 05:13 AM
Squittle Offline
Revolutionary

Given 4 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

Win. This is hilarious.

Because I dig you, like Aussies dig pies, like Born-Agains dig Jesus, like Jesus dug guys.
12-28-2008 04:17 AM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

Given 106 thank(s) in 80 post(s)

Quote:Know what he's doing now? He's actually doing something he really wants to do and he enjoys it. And guess what that is? He's painting pictures everyday! Yes, they're beautiful, but no, he isn't making 100's of 1000's of dollars off of them!

yes because money is everything duh Rolleyes Laugh
this post is win
[Image: awesomeness.jpg]
12-29-2008 06:42 AM
Dragon4Anarchy Offline
Revolutionary

Given 8 thank(s) in 5 post(s)

Very well done (it took until the second paragraph about the painting for me to get that it was a parody ^^) *claps* Laugh
01-07-2009 01:49 AM
Nah Offline
Pariah

Given 4 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

Chuck Norris approves.
01-07-2009 10:25 AM
The Djinni Offline
Renegade

Don't insult psychology. It's a very extensive field, and you can't really group it all together.

~AWOL
01-13-2009 06:57 PM
vonunov Offline
Badgrr

Given 186 thank(s) in 126 post(s)

ITT: Short attention spans.
02-04-2009 05:22 PM
Jen Offline
Rebel

I think that it depends on your life.
02-08-2009 02:00 PM
Jackass McAwesome Offline
Fanatic

Given 24 thank(s) in 17 post(s)

Dropping out ftw.
02-09-2009 05:00 PM
SurvivalWarrior Offline
Rebel

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

dosent matter if i drop out or not, ive already got my fucking business sorted lmao.
03-05-2009 09:29 AM
Trar Away
R.I.P.

Given 189 thank(s) in 125 post(s)

Bad_Engrish_Whatever Wrote:

Making a joke that everyone will understand on the internet is immpossible.
Why'd the chicken cross the road?

IT WAS SEARCHING FOR NIRVANA BECAUSE IT WAS SUICIDAL BECAUSE IT DID DTOP QUESTIONIN' MAH AUTHORITAH THIS JOKE IS UNFUNNY UR MOMS UNFUNNY LOL FUK U BITCH NO U O RLY LOL

Fuck it. Nice article by the way, it was hilarious. Yes
03-09-2009 11:28 AM
rstar Offline
Defiant

Re:Drop out of school!!

[color=#00FF00]Why ot drop out of school. Schools are shit holes. The teachers treat u like a bag of shit anyway. If you want money have you ever heard of a bank?. If not im sure your daddy will chip in for what ever you want. What is the point
03-28-2009 07:32 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  School tries new approach to discipline — suspensions drop 85% xcriteria 11 6,201 08-09-2013 09:09 AM
Last Post: Trekkie_Aspie
  Home-School or Drop Out? HELP! J4mz69 9 4,472 11-19-2008 09:52 PM
Last Post: Puchiko