RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome to Soviet Britain
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Given 50 thank(s) in 38 post(s)
Welcome to Soviet Britain

Quote:A Tory frontbencher was questioned by police last night after being arrested as part of a leak inquiry.

Damian Green, the Shadow Immigration Minister, was arrested in Kent and had his home, constituency office and Commons office searched by counter-terrorism officers. He may be charged for receiving documents allegedly passed by a male Home Office official who was also arrested.

Conservative sources said that David Cameron was furious about the treatment of one of his team and described the arrest as “Stalinesque”. George Osborne, the Shadow Chancellor, said that the police had some “very big questions” to answer over the arrest.

A spokesman for the Prime Minister insisted that Gordon Brown had “no prior knowledge” of the arrest.

The Metropolitan Police denied any ministerial involvement in the decision to arrest Mr Green. “A 52-year-old man . . . has been arrested on suspicion of conspiring to commit misconduct in a public office and aiding and abetting, counselling or procuring misconduct in a public office,” it said.

“The investigation into the alleged leak of confidential government material followed the receipt by the Metropolitan Police Service of a complaint from the Cabinet Office. The decision to make today’s arrest was taken solely by the Metropolitan Police Service without any ministerial knowledge or approval.”

The Conservatives said: “As Shadow Immigration Minister, Mr Green has, on a number of occasions, legitimately revealed information, which the Home Office chose not to make public. Disclosure of this information was manifestly in the public interest. Mr Green denies any wrongdoing.”

The official connected to Mr Green’s arrest acted as cover for absent staff in the private offices of Home Office ministers. It is understood that he was arrested last week.

Mr Green, the MP for Ashford, is facing questions about four leaks to the media between November last year and September this year. They include a letter from the Home Secretary to Mr Brown over the economic downturn’s impact on crime. It is understood that the Home Office and Whitehall were alarmed at this disclosure because it was circulated among so few people. Other damaging stories include a list, prepared by Labour whips, of MPs’ likely voting intentions on legislation to extend to 42 days’ detention without charge.

Tory sources said that Mr Cameron supported Mr Green fully and was confident that he had not paid for the documents. The arrest is certain to start a political row over who in government knew about or sanctioned action against a Tory frontbencher.

It was unlikely to be a coincidence that the arrest happened on Sir Ian Blair’s last day in charge of the Met.Sources close to the Shadow Cabinet suggested that an investigation into such a senior politician would have been cleared “at the very top”.

Mr Green was released and bailed to return to the police station in February. Speaking outside the House of Commons early today, he said: “I was astonished to have spent more than nine hours under arrest for doing my job. I emphatically deny I have done anything wrong. In a democracy, opposition politicians have a duty to hold the Government to account.

“I was elected to the House of Commons precisely to do that and I certainly intend to continue doing so.”

The more I think about it, the more we're turning into Soviet Russia under New Labour. While right now we're far from it, a few days ago it was revealed that an alarming number of people rely on the state for a job. Because after all, humanity as we know it would collapse without diversity managers, wouldn't it? The next general election should hurry up. Noo
12-03-2008 03:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
John Tuttle Offline
Fanatic

Given 5 thank(s) in 5 post(s)
Re: Welcome to Soviet Britain

Dude, this stuff happens in all countries, but normally isn't leaked.

[Image: funny-gifs-wax-on-wax-owl.gif]
12-03-2008 08:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply