RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
College next year
KitsuneSefam Offline
Fanatic

Given 17 thank(s) in 16 post(s)
College next year

Today i've got to know how many hours I'd have next year at college; 47 hours including homeworks, excluding part time work and studying.

47 hours+10 hours of trying to drill stuff into your head for exams+15 hours of boring chain work like McDonald=72 hours of work per week

How can you possibly live without going on a depression with this kind of slavery? Wtf Only a unconscious and not self-aware person can live through such awful conditions and you have to PAY for this.

Also on those 47 hours, there is 9 hours of government regulated philosophy(AKA "think the way we want you to think or you fail" kind of classes), 9 hours of french and 9 hours of english. For fuck's sake, am I choosing my course or the government is choosing nearly all of it for me? I'm taking a course on computer techs, not on bullcrap.

Plus since my parents paying for college(I also have to stay living here too, I don't have either a driver license or money yet.), I am going to have to show them my grades, this is going to be high school all over but worst. Noo

Seriously, college is going to be hell for me Uhoh
12-12-2008 08:28 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fire Elf Offline
Fanatic

Given 30 thank(s) in 25 post(s)
Re: College next year

And why are you going to college?

The only good signature is a dead signature.
12-12-2008 09:01 AM
Hanny Offline
Fanatic

Given 6 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

Because he wants to, bitch.

[Image: 72eoaf.gif]
<Darthmat> I love the taste of meat in my mouth. Cory, I don't know how you live without it.
<Darthmat> "Forbidden meat tastes sweetest."

Penisometer
8======================================================================o
Conclusion: Still a penis.
12-12-2008 09:08 AM
Sunbourn Offline
Proud crazy cat man

Given 289 thank(s) in 192 post(s)

COLLEGE IS FOR FAGS

Who am I? Who are YOU?
12-12-2008 09:16 AM
Liquid Offline
poison - do not drink

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

47 hours !!??!

12 hours makes you a full time student...

//

[Image: techhoops5.jpg]
12-12-2008 09:17 AM
KitsuneSefam Offline
Fanatic

Because i have no choice but to because i have no money and my parents pay for now and want me to go to college.

Also the field i want to work in requires college degree.
12-12-2008 09:23 AM
liq3 Offline
Fanatic

Given 22 thank(s) in 16 post(s)

KitsuneSefam Wrote:Because i have no choice but to because i have no money and my parents pay for now and want me to go to college.

You want a job? Ahahahahahahaahahah.

Epic win book.
Personal Development for Smart People.
12-12-2008 09:25 AM
Liquid Offline
poison - do not drink

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

KitsuneSefam Wrote:Because i have no choice but to because i have no money and my parents pay for now and want me to go to college.

atch, that sucks then.

//

[Image: techhoops5.jpg]
12-12-2008 09:27 AM
Quioxte Offline
Pariah

Given 12 thank(s) in 5 post(s)

liq3 Wrote:

Lol
12-12-2008 10:04 AM
KitsuneSefam Offline
Fanatic

liq3 Wrote:

To be self-employed in that field, you also need the degree None

And i don't see what's funny. When i meant field, i meant the kind of work.
12-12-2008 10:05 AM
liq3 Offline
Fanatic

KitsuneSefam Wrote:To be self-employed in that field, you also need the degree
You sure? Here is Aussie land, you need a certification. I don't believe you need a degree to take the test to get it. I could be wrong, I haven't actually researched it. :/

Epic win book.
12-12-2008 10:10 AM
KitsuneSefam Offline
Fanatic

liq3 Wrote:
KitsuneSefam Wrote:To be self-employed in that field, you also need the degree
You sure? Here is Aussie land, you need a certification. I don't believe you need a degree to take the test to get it. I could be wrong, I haven't actually researched it. :/

If you want to do your own thing into computers like open your own shop, you need a degree at the very least and have your business's name registered(costs only 25$ actually). Same thing for doing on measure programs for a client(You need your degree and a business registered).

If you meant stuff on the internet then no.
12-12-2008 12:30 PM
Tasty Waffles Offline
Pariah

Given 8 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

Whats dumb about college is that you pretty much have to take it to get anywhere in this retarded ass world. On top of that colleges always want your money. The world is just one big SCAM anyways.
12-12-2008 04:04 PM
liq3 Offline
Fanatic

magic Wrote:Whats dumb about college is that you pretty much have to take it to get anywhere in this retarded ass world.
No, you don't.

Epic win book.
12-12-2008 05:25 PM
Tasty Waffles Offline
Pariah

Given 8 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

liq3 Wrote:
magic Wrote:Whats dumb about college is that you pretty much have to take it to get anywhere in this retarded ass world.
No, you don't.
Well unless you get lucky or know some people. As for me I wouldn't mind doing some work down at NASA, i have connections. Someone that works there,
12-12-2008 07:16 PM
psychopath Offline
Fanatic

Given 60 thank(s) in 54 post(s)

Lol firstly, I'd bet all my money that you can't get into nasa.

Quote:Whats dumb about college is that you pretty much have to take it to get anywhere in this retarded ass world.

Lol? Think about it. They tell you that all you have to do is work hard and keep doing the same shit in order to be successful. Do you really think it's that simple?

Oh, press a button a million times and you'll be successful! Yep, all you have to do is press it as much as you can, and the more you press it the more successful you become! This is what school is. People think that their lives will be saved by simply repetitively working with a pen and paper for their whole lives.

I don't think so.
12-12-2008 08:36 PM
Hanny Offline
Fanatic

My brother never went to uni, left school at 15, whereas my mum went to uni and has a degree; my brother earns more than she ever did.

[Image: 72eoaf.gif]
<Darthmat> I love the taste of meat in my mouth. Cory, I don't know how you live without it.
<Darthmat> "Forbidden meat tastes sweetest."

Penisometer
8======================================================================o
Conclusion: Still a penis.
12-12-2008 10:27 PM
KitsuneSefam Offline
Fanatic

psychopath Wrote:Lol? Think about it. They tell you that all you have to do is work hard and keep doing the same shit in order to be successful. Do you really think it's that simple?

Oh, press a button a million times and you'll be successful! Yep, all you have to do is press it as much as you can, and the more you press it the more successful you become! This is what school is. People think that their lives will be saved by simply repetitively working with a pen and paper for their whole lives.

I don't think so.

That's society commonly.

I talked about college to many people and most told me to suck it up because that's the real life Wtf . If real life was only to work work work work and have 1 hour of fun per week, I think a lot more of people would have simply gave up on life if they knew it was going to be worst than this 47 hours per week(mostly on useless stuff) bullshit.
12-12-2008 10:53 PM
psychopath Offline
Fanatic

I think university etc is great but most people only go there because they believe it will somehow mean they'll have perfect lives some day.
12-12-2008 11:09 PM
Aya Offline
Banned

Given 45 thank(s) in 36 post(s)

What job is it that you want? Why don't you try getting an internship with a company next year in leu of going to college? That way you can destress and gain valuable experience in the field you want. Then when you feel ready, you can head to college the year after that.
12-13-2008 02:25 AM
KitsuneSefam Offline
Fanatic

Ayliana Wrote:

What job is it that you want? Why don't you try getting an internship with a company next year in leu of going to college? That way you can destress and gain valuable experience in the field you want. Then when you feel ready, you can head to college the year after that.

Because my parents want me to do college and I'm not yet 18 until the second year of college Noo . On those 3 college years, i have 2 internships. Internships aren't all that bad.
12-13-2008 11:35 AM
The Wadekarl Offline
Pariah

KitsuneSefam Wrote:If you want to do your own thing into computers like open your own shop, you need a degree at the very least and have your business's name registered(costs only 25$ actually). If you meant stuff on the internet then no.

I'm curious here, so does the government require you to have a degree to open YOUR OWN business that YOU will have to build from the ground up by YOURSELF?

Did I read that right? How does that work?
12-14-2008 06:39 AM
KitsuneSefam Offline
Fanatic

The Wadekarl Wrote:
KitsuneSefam Wrote:
liq3 Wrote:If you want to do your own thing into computers like open your own shop, you need a degree at the very least and have your business's name registered(costs only 25$ actually). If you meant stuff on the internet then no.

I'm curious here, so does the government require you to have a degree to open YOUR OWN business that YOU will have to build from the ground up by YOURSELF?

Did I read that right? How does that work?

You need a degree in construction if you want to sell services in construction legally.
12-14-2008 06:41 AM
The Wadekarl Offline
Pariah

Damn governments... always getting involved in people's shit.
12-14-2008 06:43 AM
KitsuneSefam Offline
Fanatic

The Wadekarl Wrote:Damn governments... always getting involved in people's shit.

And construction was an example. Since my dad had his mason/carpenter degree , he works illegally since the government forces small construction companies to pay 10000$ to have a permit to construct stuff, you pay tons of taxes too afterwards. It's thievery.
12-14-2008 07:25 AM
liq3 Offline
Fanatic

KitsuneSefam Wrote:
The Wadekarl Wrote:Damn governments... always getting involved in people's shit.

And construction was an example. Since my dad had his mason/carpenter degree , he works illegally since the government forces small construction companies to pay 10000$ to have a permit to construct stuff, you pay tons of taxes too afterwards. It's thievery.
Don't forget that charging so much also eliminates tons of small business men, making it easier for the big construction companies to control the market.

Epic win book.
12-14-2008 08:30 AM
psychopath Offline
Fanatic

KitsuneSefam Wrote:If you want to do your own thing into computers like open your own shop, you need a degree at the very least and have your business's name registered(costs only 25$ actually). If you meant stuff on the internet then no.

Yes you need your business registered, but the rest sounds like bullshit. Sources?
12-14-2008 10:42 AM
KitsuneSefam Offline
Fanatic

psychopath Wrote:

Yes you need your business registered, but the rest sounds like bullshit. Sources?

If you want contracts, you need a degree or some qualification in the field your business is.
12-14-2008 10:49 AM
liq3 Offline
Fanatic

KitsuneSefam Wrote:
psychopath Wrote:

If you want contracts, you need a degree or some qualification in the field your business is.
Qualification? Get certified. I'm rather sure you don't need a degree for that. :/

Epic win book.
12-14-2008 10:56 AM
Whistler Offline
Revolutionary

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

There's a difference between having a required Certification approving you to handle such and such equipment, and a college degree. You have not offered official sources supporting what you are saying. Certifications can be had by taking government or government contracted classes ranging from a week to 6 months.
12-14-2008 01:37 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Old news: 51 year old marries 16 year old in Las Vegas. FarBeyondDriven 16 11,821 06-05-2012 04:47 AM
Last Post: FarBeyondDriven