RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prank?
Kaven Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
Prank?

Alright. Well, okay. I wanna stir some shit up at school. I'm sick of being the 'nice, quiet antisocial kid'. So I was thinking of either printing out a sheet with 'bomb' and a date, or time, on it, or writing it on a paper with a sharpie.

If I were to do this, I also thought of planting it, THEN going and telling the security guard or the office, to make myself less suspicious.

Would I still be less suspicious if I just let it be for someone else to find? Or should I plant it, wait a few class periods, and if nothing's been said, then go report it, or..?

Any tips or other pranks are welcome.
01-05-2009 11:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Given 113 thank(s) in 97 post(s)
Re: Prank?

Dude, don't do a bomb threat. Sure it's funny, but they'll bring the hammer down on you if you're caught (it's a felony, remember). It's really not worth it. The "nice, quiet" part could be useful, don't blow it so easily when you could use it for bigger and better things.

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
The quickest way to kill a revolution is to wait for it.
01-05-2009 12:13 PM
Kaven Offline
Rebel

Okay, well, I kinda want the school to go into lockdown or something where classes are stopped.

Anything else I can do?
01-05-2009 12:19 PM
Steven Offline
Revolutionary

DO IT !!!
01-06-2009 12:35 AM
random_name Offline
Fanatic

Given 15 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

have a look at the 'pranks' section of the site? if you look to the left of the screen, its under the heading 'survival kit'.

Hidden stuff:
"A 'no' uttered from deepest conviction is better and greater than a 'yes' merely uttered to please, or what is worse, to avoid trouble." - Mahatma Gandhi

"The irrationality of a thing is no argument against its existence, rather a condition of it."

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Ben Franklin

"when I was a kid I used to pray for a bicycle. then I realized that god doesn't work that way. so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness."
"I would rather die for something I believe in than live for anything else."
"What is the task of higher education? To make a man into a machine. What are the means employed? He is taught how to suffer being bored." – F W Nietzsche
[Image: s-event.png]
01-06-2009 02:19 AM
Sunbourn Offline
Proud crazy cat man

Given 289 thank(s) in 192 post(s)

Do it. Some advice though.
1) It may be tempting, but don't tell anybody you did it.
2) Make sure you give specific details about the bomb to make it more believable.
3) Don't turn it in yourself. They're probably going to check out whoever turns the note in.

Who am I? Who are YOU?
01-06-2009 02:53 AM
Elfy Offline
Fanatic

Given 64 thank(s) in 41 post(s)

|55555| Wrote:Do it. Some advice though.
1) It may be tempting, but don't tell anybody you did it.
2) Make sure you give specific details about the bomb to make it more believable.
3) Don't turn it in yourself. They're probably going to check out whoever turns the note in.

The only thing i would write would be "BOOM 15/01/09" Would make it more mysterious and you may get the day of or go into lockdown.

RIP SCHOOL-SURVIVAL 04/07/2019
[Image: tumblr_lpjpoqOyQ91qb8nljo1_500.gif]
01-06-2009 03:13 AM
Eidolon Away
Fanatic

Given 37 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

I don't think you should do anything.

Shake things up in a different way.

Try not going. :D
01-06-2009 05:22 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Given 113 thank(s) in 97 post(s)

Well, if you are going to, just make sure you don't get fingerprints on the paper. They're damn hard to remove, trust me.

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
The quickest way to kill a revolution is to wait for it.
01-06-2009 05:44 AM
Tasty Waffles Offline
Pariah

Given 8 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

Rebelnerd Wrote:Well, if you are going to, just make sure you don't get fingerprints on the paper. They're damn hard to remove, trust me.
Buy some new paper, open it with glove to avoid fingerprints. Then get someone to touch it lol. Put BOOM and a date. Leave it somewhere. But just dont tell anyone, crap spreads like wildfire. Have fun
01-06-2009 06:59 AM
Chuplayer Offline
Renegade

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

You already posted your intentions on the internet. DON'T DO IT. You've already screwed up. If you weren't using a public computer, this very topic has a good chance of getting traced back to you.

Even if you took your laptop to Barnes and Noble or some other place with wireless access and posted this topic, there might be a way to track your post back to you. I think they can do it with the MAC address of your wireless card.

Off-topic, but I've thought about absolutely trace-free internet usage, and I think I figured it out.

1. Either steal a computer (laptops are best) or buy one IN CASH from a shady place so video cameras don't catch your face during purchase of the computer with its own MAC address. Make sure the computer has wireless support or else you're going to be stealing a wireless card or a USB wireless adapter, too. You don't want this getting traced back to you.

2. Speaking of not getting traced, DO NOT ever access your home network with it, or anybody else's you know for that matter.

3. Adapt the antenna with a cantenna or some sort of parabolic amplifier. People use Pringles cans and vegetable strainers for this. This gives the antenna a range boost.

4. Find an open wireless internet access point FAR from your home. A place like Barnes and Noble would be decent, but finding an unsecured wireless home network in somebody's house would be ideal. Since you've got extra range, you can probably aim your cantenna at a house and see if they've got a network simply by being in front of their house.

5. ???

6. PROFIT!
01-07-2009 10:38 AM
mudkip liek Offline
Fanatic

Given 10 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

I agree with the person above me.

I mean I'm not gonna sit here and tell you what to do but in my opinion, prank = bad idea. Especially that prank as it's pretty serious (to them).
01-07-2009 12:22 PM
magikarp Offline
Valerie Solanas

Given 68 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

Chuplayer Wrote:I think they can do it with the MAC address of your wireless card.
You can change it.

"Do we treat straight public sex differently than we do gay public sex? Of course. Straight people are so proud of their public sex that they named a cocktail after it."
01-08-2009 01:18 AM
Chuplayer Offline
Renegade

fist_of_doom Wrote:
Chuplayer Wrote:I think they can do it with the MAC address of your wireless card.
You can change it.
True, but maybe I was mistaken in saying that the MAC address is what they can use to trace back to you. Anyway, don't give anybody the opportunity to find you by letting what you did far away from home have anything to do with what you do at home.
01-08-2009 11:19 AM
Tasty Waffles Offline
Pariah

Use a Chinese proxy or Russian Proxy, i use a proxy in the US because its faster
01-20-2009 02:47 PM
Whistler Offline
Revolutionary

Chuplayer Wrote:You already posted your intentions on the internet. DON'T DO IT. You've already screwed up. If you weren't using a public computer, this very topic has a good chance of getting traced back to you.

Even if you took your laptop to Barnes and Noble or some other place with wireless access and posted this topic, there might be a way to track your post back to you. I think they can do it with the MAC address of your wireless card.

Off-topic, but I've thought about absolutely trace-free internet usage, and I think I figured it out.

1. Either steal a computer (laptops are best) or buy one IN CASH from a shady place so video cameras don't catch your face during purchase of the computer with its own MAC address. Make sure the computer has wireless support or else you're going to be stealing a wireless card or a USB wireless adapter, too. You don't want this getting traced back to you.

2. Speaking of not getting traced, DO NOT ever access your home network with it, or anybody else's you know for that matter.

3. Adapt the antenna with a cantenna or some sort of parabolic amplifier. People use Pringles cans and vegetable strainers for this. This gives the antenna a range boost.

4. Find an open wireless internet access point FAR from your home. A place like Barnes and Noble would be decent, but finding an unsecured wireless home network in somebody's house would be ideal. Since you've got extra range, you can probably aim your cantenna at a house and see if they've got a network simply by being in front of their house.

5. ???

6. PROFIT!

Lol, it's called SMAC and Tor:

http://www.download.com/SMAC-MAC-Addres ... 36535.html

http://www.torproject.org/

Shit ain't hard to do, but it is stupid and usually not worth it. In most cases it will make school life shittier because they will up security.
01-20-2009 03:35 PM
Tasty Waffles Offline
Pariah

My school has proxy's already in place that forward you to the main server farm. So proxy's are out of the question for me. Just fucking do something else. Dont tell anyone
01-20-2009 04:29 PM