RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
death penalty
classclown Offline
Fanatic

Given 7 thank(s) in 7 post(s)
death penalty

im for it but i think it needs to be changed
honestly killing someone humanly if the way the killed wasnt its dumb if the person killed by shooting someone thats how they die if someone kills by cuting someone up thats how they die

life is just blah blah blah. we hope for blah, and sometimes we find it. but mostly its blah. and waiting for blah. and hoping you were right about the blahs you made. and when you think you just got the whole blah damn thing figured out, and your surrounded by the ones you blah. death shows up and blah blah blah.
-weeds-

Death may be the greatest of all human blessings. -socrates-

Schooling us to prepare us for the career in need
Not caring about our interests and dreams to heed
01-16-2009 07:12 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pieman Offline
Pie Deity

Given 28 thank(s) in 23 post(s)
Re: death penalty

so you say they should die, scared and in pain? thats just wrong. plus, they prefer not to make a mess.

" I never knew until that moment how bad it could hurt to lose something you never really had. " ~From the television show The Wonder Years
01-16-2009 07:23 AM
classclown Offline
Fanatic

well they didnt care when they did it and most people who cut people up and stuff do a clean job of it

life is just blah blah blah. we hope for blah, and sometimes we find it. but mostly its blah. and waiting for blah. and hoping you were right about the blahs you made. and when you think you just got the whole blah damn thing figured out, and your surrounded by the ones you blah. death shows up and blah blah blah.
-weeds-

01-16-2009 08:05 AM
youvebeenthunderstruck Offline
Fanatic

Given 21 thank(s) in 19 post(s)

I'm not for it. Margin of error, the fact that they can learn their lesson, etc etc.
01-16-2009 08:06 AM
Fire Elf Offline
Fanatic

Given 30 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

Because we all know two wrongs make a right...

This is just completely barbaric. It sounds like something they would do in Saudi Arabia...

The only good signature is a dead signature.
01-16-2009 08:08 AM
Gobinu Offline
Revolutionary

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

1.Killing is a crime, so how can you make a penalty that is by itself a crime? In other words how can you inforce a law that is aganist the law?
2.When you kill a mourderer it doesn't make one less, you just replace him with another guy (someone must kill the killer, which makes him a killer).

http://gobinu.deviantart.com/ (trying to make it busy).
01-16-2009 08:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
classclown Offline
Fanatic

ture but some people just enjoy killing and only other way really is keep them in a jail which is alot of wasted tax money

laws are all been taken from religion and even they theose who started cant really follow it

newtons 3rd law For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction

tho it does say opposite

-weeds-

01-16-2009 08:25 AM
youvebeenthunderstruck Offline
Fanatic

Given 21 thank(s) in 19 post(s)

Frankly, I'd rather "waste tax dollars" than put the person to death.
01-16-2009 08:26 AM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

Given 106 thank(s) in 80 post(s)

i believe in exactly what cc said. an eye for an eye a tooth for a tooth
01-16-2009 08:31 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fire Elf Offline
Fanatic

thought criminal Wrote:i believe in exactly what cc said. an eye for an eye a tooth for a tooth
So, do you believe that If a country kills 6 million people, this group should start it's own genocide? Because that's exactly what "an eye for an eye" is.

2 wrongs do not make a right.

01-16-2009 08:34 AM
Gobinu Offline
Revolutionary

If they enjoy killing there is something wrong with them and we should focus on finding a cause of the problem.
Quote:newtons 3rd law For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction
Morals are not physics, if a 3 years old kid will by accident hit his mommy in the head with a club will you do the same to twords it (btw it sucks that i have to say it about a child...)? Or if it's gonna hurt himself with scisors who will be cut back? Kinda ridicules examples but couldn't think of another answer to that kind of "statment".
Quote:laws are all been taken from religion and even they theose who started cant really follow it
Some can, and it i not like a "ohh look he killed someone even tho he couldn't, I wanna too". You should follow laws like "you shall not mourder" for yourself. If you follow them only as long as you have to it has no sense.

01-16-2009 08:35 AM
classclown Offline
Fanatic

any club a baby could lift wouldnt kill anything just saying

-weeds-

01-16-2009 08:38 AM
Gobinu Offline
Revolutionary

Yeah but it could hurt someone, i know because i did it as a child and (strangely) my mother didn't hit me back (about an eye for an eye).

01-16-2009 08:39 AM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

Given 106 thank(s) in 80 post(s)

Fire Elf Wrote:
thought criminal Wrote:i believe in exactly what cc said. an eye for an eye a tooth for a tooth
So, do you believe that If a country kills 6 million people, this group should start it's own genocide? Because that's exactly what "an eye for an eye" is.

2 wrongs do not make a right.

no. no killing of innocent people. only if it can be 100% proved that (lets say "felix") killed his little brother would the death penalty be enacted on felix and it would have to be from damning forensic evidence or from a reliable eye witness who saw felix kill his brother.
01-16-2009 08:40 AM
classclown Offline
Fanatic

ok first it a kid babies aint able to think that deep to premeditated murder so no nothing should happen and some people like to kill mostly caause of a trama in there past they couldnt get over

-weeds-

01-16-2009 08:41 AM
Gobinu Offline
Revolutionary

Quote:100% proved that
Haha to that.
Quote:ok first it a kid babies aint able to think that deep to premeditated murder so no nothing should happen and some people like to kill mostly caause of a trama in there past they couldnt get over
So? I could say the same thing about a killer ( "aint able to think that deep") , it is imposible to be sane and enjoy killing.
And in case of "trama" who should be blamed? They could be normal if they had recieved help, so you could say those who didin't care made them (society made them), and instead of changing things it we only try not to see.

01-16-2009 08:45 AM
classclown Offline
Fanatic

still they choose to do it and no offence most people dont want help

-weeds-

01-16-2009 08:47 AM
Gobinu Offline
Revolutionary

And they choose, not because the are "bad" but because of the way the were brought up/ other influences. That means we could change them (or that we are the ones to blame ause we could helped help them, but we didn't and now we see consequences)
Ok gonna put it another way you want to stop killing with killing (muahahaha) or you wanna change things for the better?

01-16-2009 08:49 AM
Fire Elf Offline
Fanatic

classclown Wrote:ture but some people just enjoy killing and only other way really is keep them in a jail which is alot of wasted tax money

laws are all been taken from religion and even they theose who started cant really follow it

newtons 3rd law For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction

tho it does say opposite
1) Well, It's a better way of spending money then subject the person to some sort of barbaric saudi arabia-type punishment. Besides, if a person "enjoys killing", they will have prolly killed more then one person. How do we apply your "eye for an eye" bullshit to that? Kill the person 3+ times over? No, we can't to that, a person only dies once, and then they're dead.

2) Well, it's the 21st century, we need to change that, as the words of some 5000-year-old book is not the best reason to kill some-one.And no, there are other resons people make laws, such as paranoia, corruption, and just wanting to opress the masses.

3) "newtons 3rd law" is a law of physics, not a criminal law. There's a difference. It does not say in the law books of any country that "For a force there is always an equal and opposite reaction: or the forces of two bodies on each other are always equal and are directed in opposite directions." Also, for the record, I don't think any of Newton's laws of motion were taken from religion.

01-16-2009 08:49 AM
Fire Elf Offline
Fanatic

classclown Wrote:any club a baby could lift wouldnt kill anything just saying
Well, any knife a baby could lift might just be able to.

01-16-2009 08:57 AM
classclown Offline
Fanatic

still babies cant do pre meditated murder

-weeds-

01-16-2009 09:01 AM
Gobinu Offline
Revolutionary

Most of mourders are not planned as well (except wars...)

01-16-2009 09:07 AM
classclown Offline
Fanatic

not really and they still are more then a baby is a baby cant even understand what it did

-weeds-

01-16-2009 09:09 AM
Fire Elf Offline
Fanatic

thought criminal Wrote:no. no killing of innocent people. only if it can be 100% proved that (lets say "felix") killed his little brother would the death penalty be enacted on felix and it would have to be from damning forensic evidence or from a reliable eye witness who saw felix kill his brother.
So, that would mean, that if felix's brother was an "innocent person", then it would be murder, wheras, say on the day before, felix's brother stole 5$ from felix's brother's mother's neigbour's cousin's sister's room-mate's hairdresser's wallet, it would be okay to kill him. I do not agree with this kind of view. It's not okay to kill any-one. So now felix is found guilty, and gets killed. Now the guy who killed felix just killed some-one, and will, according to you, need to die. Continue this until the world population reaches 1 and there is no-one to kill this last person.

Fortunately, it's almost impssible to find that kind of evidence for everything, so the death penalty will prolly never be used. Phew...

01-16-2009 09:12 AM
Swift Offline
Fanatic

Given 9 thank(s) in 8 post(s)

I think murderers should be able to choose their punishment, alternatives like exile, that's how it worked in Ancient Athens.

But yeah, I'm for the Death Penalty.

"I heard a joke once. Man goes to doctor says "I'm terribly depressed". Doctor says "I know just what you should do. Poliacci the clown is in town, go see him, you'll be cheered right up." The man bursts into tears. "But Doctor, I am Poliacci." Funny joke. Roll on snare drum. Everyone laugh."

-Rorschach

[Image: BANANAMAN.gif]
01-16-2009 09:45 AM
Milk2Go Offline
Fanatic

Given 41 thank(s) in 29 post(s)

There are worse punishments than death. I'm all for torture replacing the death penalty, granted that people who get it seriously deserve it. Like serial killers or rapists.
01-16-2009 10:25 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

The death penalty is based on revenge, not justice (actually, so is most of the so-called "justice" system). So, no, I don't agree with it. People who kill people have serious mental issues (usually) and need help. Even if only 10% of them can be helped, it's still worth it to try. Killing them just drags us down to their level, and shows we aren't willing to put in the effort to solve a problem instead of just giving up and settling for simple revenge. Not to mention that sometimes people get falsely accused.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
01-16-2009 09:55 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Death penalty repealed in CT Aya 29 7,797 05-16-2012 11:36 PM
Last Post: UnschoolShqiponjë
  Death Penalty Aviator 52 9,047 02-21-2009 09:35 AM
Last Post: Sociopath