RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A girl was raped at my school today. (Updated)
Milk2Go Offline
Fanatic

Given 41 thank(s) in 29 post(s)
Re: A girl was raped at my school today. (Updated)

@Aviator: You live in Illinois? Cool. Welcome to the club (currently consisting only of me and John Tuttle).

I'm probably the only guy here who can truthfully say this, but back last summer, my mom was so afraid that I would get kidnapped when by myself uptown, she bought me a pocket knife that I would have to bring with me every time I went to hang out with my friends uptown. I was fun while it lasted (we later found out it was illegal to do that).
01-25-2009 02:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SurvivalWarrior Offline
Rebel

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

why oh why? i just cant hear myself think in depression of all the stuff going on.
01-26-2009 08:25 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Given 113 thank(s) in 97 post(s)

Aviator, have you looked into assisted-opening knives? Basically a switchblade with tiny little modifications to make it legal, but its still spring-loaded. Might be what you're looking for.
Cold Steel also makes a line of folding knives that open when you snag this little hook against the attacker's clothes, so you can open it fast and one-handed.

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
The quickest way to kill a revolution is to wait for it.
01-26-2009 10:07 AM
Aviator Offline
Pariah

Given 7 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

Hmm, I'll check out those options. Thanks Rebel. Smile

It is better to ask for forgiveness than for permission. - Neal Vitale
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints. The sinners are much more fun.
Everyone can back up their opinions. Some people just do it a whole lot better than others. - Rebelnerd
Here's to the men and women who did what was considered wrong, in order to do what they knew was right.
'Of course it is happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?'" - JK Rowling
02-03-2009 08:33 AM
True Strasserist Offline
Banned

Given 31 thank(s) in 11 post(s)

Sadistic Mirror Wrote:As you can tell from the title, a girl was raped today at my school, around 6th period, which is around 12 to 1.

It's horrible.

She was raped by a staircase, by the gym. RIGHT BY THE GYM. Seriously, all you do is take a step into the hall, and there is the staircase. And guess what? There were even classes in the gym. They didn't hear a thing.

How they found her was that a freshman girls gym class, they were in trouble because they were being lazy, so they had to go to the upper level of the gym, and they found the girl on the stairs, crying. She didn't have a shirt on, her pants were ripped and her underwear was gone. And the thing was, that when the class was heading to the stairs, the guy that raped her actually went running past them, and ran into one of my close friends. I heard he hid in the bathroom. I don't know if he was caught, I assume he was.

That's all that I really know.

They always say that we are safe at school, and that if anything happens they'll protect us and that we will be alright.

My school is known to be a bad school. We have gangs there, we have had fights, we've probably have had people bring drugs and knives to school, and a few years ago, before I went to my school, they even had a substitute teacher who sexually molested students.

How can we feel safe now? Now that a teenage girl has been raped and scarred for the rest of her fucking life, when people bring guns into their school and kill students and teachers, when teachers sexually molest students...how the FUCK can I feel safe?!

I can't. Simple as that.

UPDATE: I watched the news, and they said that he was only being accused of raping her, and that the police were looking at the surveillance videos to gather evidence, and that they aren't completely sure where it actually happened. He is currently being detained in a Juvenile Detention Center, and that he will be released sometime tomorrow.

LINK TO THE NEWS REPORT: http://www.leavenworthtimes.com/news/x20...igh-school
(They don't actually say she was raped, but I was told by the people that found her that she was crying, clothing ripped, and that she was bleeding. So, either they were having very rough sex and she got upset and started crying, or he most likely raped her or some kind of sexual conduct)
i lol'd

[Image: AQUoEoe.jpg] [Image: L4WpLmZ.png]

School and the Allegory of the Cave Shooter | Username has no girlfriend! | Moon man, Moon man, can't you see?
02-09-2009 10:38 AM
тωιѕтє∂ Offline
Revolutionary

Given 34 thank(s) in 24 post(s)

That is exactly why for my next birthday, I'm asking for a pocket knife.

Twisted The Twisted Smiley Belongs To Twisted Twisted

"Treat every problem as a challenge, not a dead end. And treat every question like an obstacle worthy of your effort." -my friend's wise Asian father (Sounds better in Chinese)

OBNOXIOUSLY HUGE AND NOTICEABLE
01-20-2013 05:45 AM
AtheistLGBTQAnarchist Offline
Peace Loving Blood Lover

Given 47 thank(s) in 36 post(s)

While you bring back stuff from 2009...

Congratulations humanity,because you refuse to let go of the old and evolve you actually make people believe in 2012. Not only that, but you're the only species on Earth that were able to make it possible, now we get to sit until we die because we couldn't get to Mars. We have failed as a society and don't deserve our gifts to survive for this long. Maybe this is why dinosaurs are extinct, we sure aren't any better than the dirt you say we're created from. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...DvwSOFto#! Noo

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
-Albert Einstein

"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither."
-Benjamin Franklin
01-20-2013 09:02 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The horrors I underwent at school today. Depression101 43 16,860 05-21-2017 10:43 AM
Last Post: James Comey
  Girl got hit by a car outside the school today యూజర్ పేరు 18 8,787 04-18-2017 07:40 AM
Sad Got into a big trouble at school today 8bitmusicislife 16 7,465 04-18-2017 07:20 AM
  You wont belive what happened at my school today. Piperlu 1 2,651 04-27-2016 11:56 AM
Last Post: schoolsux
  No school today? Think again. brainiac3397 16 7,800 02-28-2014 03:27 AM
Last Post: brainiac3397
  School suspends girl for helping her drunk friend get home/ 154bmag 12 6,063 10-18-2013 01:04 PM
Last Post: (´・ω・`)
  One evil of school. Girl advice. Dirtbikemike 21 7,973 04-08-2013 09:52 PM
Last Post: brainiac3397
  School is a bitch and so is this one girl Kiara maromi12d3 18 5,603 01-14-2013 04:39 AM
Last Post: LiptomaticMate
  So I didn't go to school today Stadium 34 24,447 01-19-2012 03:06 PM
Last Post: gore goroth
  Girl in Winscoin gets arrested for phone in school LOON_ATTIC 1 1,779 11-05-2010 12:26 PM
Last Post: CrayolaColours