RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A girl was raped at my school today. (Updated)
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

Given 106 thank(s) in 80 post(s)
Re: A girl was raped at my school today. (Updated)

Yeah lol. They might if the person was important but not for some school girl
01-18-2009 04:35 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Freeman Offline
Pariah

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

liq3 Wrote:
Freeman Wrote:
Quote:Is it obligatory to wish for a rapist to die? Anyone interested in his side of the story?

Rapists don't deserve a side of the story.
Why?

What do you mean why? I mean yeah, he should have a trial and stuff, but if there's definite proof *insert rapists name here* did it, then he shouldn't get a side of the story. He scarred a teenager for life just because masturbation wasn't enough for him.
01-18-2009 09:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Swift Offline
Fanatic

Given 9 thank(s) in 8 post(s)

thought criminal Wrote:Yeah lol. They might if the person was important but not for some school girl

I would worry more about a raped school girl rather than a raped celebrity(i.e., Paris Hilton)

"I heard a joke once. Man goes to doctor says "I'm terribly depressed". Doctor says "I know just what you should do. Poliacci the clown is in town, go see him, you'll be cheered right up." The man bursts into tears. "But Doctor, I am Poliacci." Funny joke. Roll on snare drum. Everyone laugh."

-Rorschach

[Image: BANANAMAN.gif]
01-18-2009 10:00 AM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

Me to. But sadly that's not how the govt sees it
01-18-2009 10:03 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bob Dole Offline
Fanatic

Given 23 thank(s) in 19 post(s)

You're getting your definite proof from a message board on the internet.

K
S
01-18-2009 10:58 AM
Michio-kun Offline
Fanatic

Given 28 thank(s) in 24 post(s)

Scooby Snacks Wrote:You're getting your definite proof from a message board on the internet.

Laugh

To a mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders. - Chuang-tzu
The quieter you become, the more you can hear. - Baba Ram Dass
The whole moon and the entire sky are reflected in one dewdrop on the grass. - Dogen
Great Faith. Great Doubt. Great Effort. - The three qualities necessary for training. - Zen saying
Possessing much knowledge is like having a thousand foot fishing line with a hook, but the fish is always an inch beyond the hook. - Zen saying
01-18-2009 10:58 AM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

Scooby Snacks Wrote:You're getting your definite proof from a message board on the internet.
LOL I never really thought of that
01-18-2009 12:08 PM
Pieman Offline
Pie Deity

Given 28 thank(s) in 23 post(s)

Good enough proof for me. Somebody print and present.

" I never knew until that moment how bad it could hurt to lose something you never really had. " ~From the television show The Wonder Years
01-18-2009 12:17 PM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

You would make a horrible jury pie man
01-18-2009 12:29 PM
Pieman Offline
Pie Deity

That's why i said somebody. never said me.

" I never knew until that moment how bad it could hurt to lose something you never really had. " ~From the television show The Wonder Years
01-18-2009 01:24 PM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

I mean your logic is flawed
01-18-2009 01:35 PM
Pieman Offline
Pie Deity

All logic is flawed on SS. If any is found unflawed then it is only a matter of time before it becomes flawed.

01-19-2009 12:32 AM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

Hahaha that logic is not flawed thus it needs flawing and once it is flawed all logic on ss will not be flawed
01-19-2009 05:37 AM
Chrisuru Offline
Revolutionary

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

thought criminal Wrote:Hahaha that logic is not flawed thus it needs flawing and once it is flawed all logic on ss will not be flawed
OH SHI--
01-19-2009 08:29 AM
Pieman Offline
Pie Deity

thought criminal Wrote:Hahaha that logic is not flawed thus it needs flawing and once it is flawed all logic on ss will not be flawed

And when that happens, all logic on SS will need re-flawing. It will become so flawed, that it will not be able to be unflawed.

01-19-2009 09:33 AM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

Yes but once that happens your logic will become flawed making all logic on ss in-flawed and in turn validating your argument and this clawing everybody elses logic including yours
Sending it in a circle that goes on until infinity
Pieman. You have caused unstoppable mayham
01-19-2009 11:27 AM
i-am-the-liquor Offline
Fanatic

Given 8 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

this still makes me warm inside.

I dont mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am,so thats how it comes out.- bill hicks
01-19-2009 11:28 AM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

Laugh god your fucked up
01-19-2009 11:46 AM
i-am-the-liquor Offline
Fanatic

Given 8 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

i admit i am.

I dont mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am,so thats how it comes out.- bill hicks
01-19-2009 11:54 AM
Pieman Offline
Pie Deity

thought criminal Wrote:Yes but once that happens your logic will become flawed making all logic on ss in-flawed and in turn validating your argument and this clawing everybody elses logic including yours
Sending it in a circle that goes on until infinity
Pieman. You have caused unstoppable mayham

I admit, I am proud.

01-19-2009 11:59 AM
PunchingYou Offline
Revolutionary

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
Re: A girl was raped at my school today.

youvebeenthunderstruck Wrote:I believe it's actually legal to kill if you're in danger of being raped.

i dont doubt it.

in texas if you catch your married spouse cheating on you in ur house, you can shoot and kill the the person your spouse is cheating with.

also we have castle law, if someone is like trespassing you can shoot/kill them xD

JESUS SAVES... ON THE PRICE OF DETERGALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!!
01-23-2009 10:03 AM
mudkip liek Offline
Fanatic

Given 10 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

PunchingYou Wrote:
youvebeenthunderstruck Wrote:I believe it's actually legal to kill if you're in danger of being raped.

i dont doubt it.

in texas if you catch your married spouse cheating on you in ur house, you can shoot and kill the the person your spouse is cheating with.

also we have castle law, if someone is like trespassing you can shoot/kill them xD

I strongly disagree with that law.
The person your spouse is cheating with might not even know they're married.
And the trespasser could be running away from some random guy chasing him with a chainsaw.
01-23-2009 10:38 AM
Whistler Offline
Revolutionary

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

chemistry hater Wrote:
PunchingYou Wrote:

i dont doubt it.

I strongly disagree with that law.
The person your spouse is cheating with might not even know they're married.
And the trespasser could be running away from some random guy chasing him with a chainsaw.

Yep, both of those situations are completely legitimate and happen frequently. :>_>:

The Castle Doctrine often has limits and if you are just running through someone's property, why the hell would someone have enough time to go get their gun and shoot you? After all, that all-too-common chainsaw maniac is coming for you so you would keep moving.

Also, you don't think the whole "Family/Married" home style would give it away? Maybe the pictures, the trinkets, the clothes, NONE of this would give away the fact this person is married? Talk about grasping for straws here.
01-23-2009 12:25 PM
classclown Offline
Fanatic

Given 7 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

well the not knowing their married happens a decent amount of the time

life is just blah blah blah. we hope for blah, and sometimes we find it. but mostly its blah. and waiting for blah. and hoping you were right about the blahs you made. and when you think you just got the whole blah damn thing figured out, and your surrounded by the ones you blah. death shows up and blah blah blah.
-weeds-

Death may be the greatest of all human blessings. -socrates-

Schooling us to prepare us for the career in need
Not caring about our interests and dreams to heed
01-23-2009 01:03 PM
Albatross Offline
Pariah

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

My only advice is to carry a weapon.
01-24-2009 12:53 PM
Aviator Offline
Pariah

Given 7 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

NOOOOOO!

It turns out that switchblades are illegal in Illinois (on top of being against the rules.) They are the most practical to carry - butcher knives are too big, hunting knives don't neatly fit in the pocket, box cutters arn't as easily readied for combat... I am disgusted.

I'd probably most likely never have to use it, but it's the fact that I have it that would make me feel safer. Of course, I have a higher chance of being randomly searched than being killed or raped in my school, but still... it's a big school with a lot of kids from a lot of different backgrounds and circumstances. We have a few absolute wierdos already.

I can't trust anybody. I'm even a bit wary of the deans.

Honestly, they want us all to be cowardly kids who have to depend on them for everything. But what they don't know is that probably dozens of knives already exist inside the school already (not counting cooking class or woodshop). However, I have the kind of luck that would make ME the one who gets caught.

I have a sad, miserble future to look forward to. I can't get expelled.

They catch you in a tight space either way. Depend on them and get hurt/abused/ignored or bring your own defense and get killed by them. School officials... I just don't like them. They create more problems than they solve and can't be trusted at all. And they love to bring the detention hammer down when you end up trying to do something nice for them. *Scowl*

/rant

It is better to ask for forgiveness than for permission. - Neal Vitale
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints. The sinners are much more fun.
Everyone can back up their opinions. Some people just do it a whole lot better than others. - Rebelnerd
Here's to the men and women who did what was considered wrong, in order to do what they knew was right.
'Of course it is happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?'" - JK Rowling
01-24-2009 03:35 PM
classclown Offline
Fanatic

i coulda told you that aviator

life is just blah blah blah. we hope for blah, and sometimes we find it. but mostly its blah. and waiting for blah. and hoping you were right about the blahs you made. and when you think you just got the whole blah damn thing figured out, and your surrounded by the ones you blah. death shows up and blah blah blah.
-weeds-

01-24-2009 03:39 PM
Aviator Offline
Pariah

Given 7 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

I know. It just makes me feel better inside to post it. I personally, have a system where when I write it down, and post it on a forum, it's real, and it makes sense. So, even if you know everything that I just told you, it clears up my world a little to tell it to you. Kind of like, when you know you're right, but you ask everyone else to confirm it anyway.

So, basically, these forums are thereputic for me. Deal with it. Smile

It is better to ask for forgiveness than for permission. - Neal Vitale
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints. The sinners are much more fun.
Everyone can back up their opinions. Some people just do it a whole lot better than others. - Rebelnerd
Here's to the men and women who did what was considered wrong, in order to do what they knew was right.
'Of course it is happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?'" - JK Rowling
01-24-2009 03:49 PM
classclown Offline
Fanatic

i was just saying they prolly didnt know i only do cause wre i live

-weeds-

01-24-2009 03:52 PM
Albatross Offline
Pariah

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

Buy a 6 inch knife, buy a leather sheath for it,
- strap it to your leg.
- strap it to your chest under your shirt.
- sew sheath inside your jacket.
- Strap it to your upper arm.

Btw the tiny box blades can be put in between you fingers in a fight. (I keep some in my wallet.)
01-25-2009 06:06 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The horrors I underwent at school today. Depression101 43 16,923 05-21-2017 10:43 AM
Last Post: James Comey
  Girl got hit by a car outside the school today యూజర్ పేరు 18 8,799 04-18-2017 07:40 AM
Sad Got into a big trouble at school today 8bitmusicislife 16 7,486 04-18-2017 07:20 AM
  You wont belive what happened at my school today. Piperlu 1 2,659 04-27-2016 11:56 AM
Last Post: schoolsux
  No school today? Think again. brainiac3397 16 7,829 02-28-2014 03:27 AM
Last Post: brainiac3397
  School suspends girl for helping her drunk friend get home/ 154bmag 12 6,070 10-18-2013 01:04 PM
Last Post: (´・ω・`)
  One evil of school. Girl advice. Dirtbikemike 21 7,980 04-08-2013 09:52 PM
Last Post: brainiac3397
  School is a bitch and so is this one girl Kiara maromi12d3 18 5,627 01-14-2013 04:39 AM
Last Post: LiptomaticMate
  So I didn't go to school today Stadium 34 24,488 01-19-2012 03:06 PM
Last Post: gore goroth
  Girl in Winscoin gets arrested for phone in school LOON_ATTIC 1 1,783 11-05-2010 12:26 PM
Last Post: CrayolaColours