RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black people
MM Offline
Fanatic

Given 7 thank(s) in 7 post(s)
Re: Black people

Something_Spacey Wrote:Its actually a lot easier than you think

The muscles you use to breath, instead will make your heart pump and vice versa, and when you try to blink your mouth opens. Just keep this in mind and you'll do fine

If you want, theres a manuel you can get, that will further explain the dynamics.

Thanks for being a smart ass, BUT... I'm sure black people go through everyday struggles that us white people don't go through. That's what I meant when I said we don't know what it's like.
01-19-2009 03:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
youvebeenthunderstruck Offline
Fanatic

Given 21 thank(s) in 19 post(s)

I honestly... yeah, I don't quite agree, Oni. Some people will be dumbfucks about it but I haven't actually really seen anybody like that. I mean, black history month should ideally be a recognition and nothing beyond that. Of course *I* have nothing to apologize for as it was my ancestors, not me. Still though, I do think it has its merit.

<lordpie> Life sucks so much right now. It seems I'm spending all of it doing math.
<Rosti_LFC> You are "Math Boy"
<Rosti_LFC> Doer of math
<Rosti_LFC> Unable to integrate with society. Only with functions of x
01-19-2009 04:09 PM
John Tuttle Offline
Fanatic

Given 5 thank(s) in 5 post(s)

I don't hate black people. I hate annoying people. And, unfortunatly, about 95% or black people in my school are annoying. Here are some things that piss me off:

- They have a whole month. WTF? I'm Indian, where is my Indian hsitory month? Or atleast an Asian-history month?

- Lots of black people can't even run there lives and blame it on racism, which is not ture. You are more likely to get a job in most places if you are black.

- Lots of them can't even talk English and claim they don't need to cause "its there culture." WTF? I have seen actuall Africans, and they don't talk like that.

- Finally, why are black people in America especially annoying? I've been to the UK and Canada ans have seen plenty of black people acting like actuall people. Why can't blacks in the US do that?

BTW - I actually like Barack Obama. He can speak english. He made something of himself. And, if he is the role-model some black people need to do something, tat is great.

[Image: funny-gifs-wax-on-wax-owl.gif]
01-20-2009 02:08 AM
Michio-kun Offline
Fanatic

Given 28 thank(s) in 24 post(s)

I'm lollin' at this thread.

To a mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders. - Chuang-tzu
The quieter you become, the more you can hear. - Baba Ram Dass
The whole moon and the entire sky are reflected in one dewdrop on the grass. - Dogen
Great Faith. Great Doubt. Great Effort. - The three qualities necessary for training. - Zen saying
Possessing much knowledge is like having a thousand foot fishing line with a hook, but the fish is always an inch beyond the hook. - Zen saying
01-20-2009 02:19 AM
random_name Offline
Fanatic

Given 15 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

we're all black when the lights go out.

Hidden stuff:
"A 'no' uttered from deepest conviction is better and greater than a 'yes' merely uttered to please, or what is worse, to avoid trouble." - Mahatma Gandhi

"The irrationality of a thing is no argument against its existence, rather a condition of it."

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Ben Franklin

"when I was a kid I used to pray for a bicycle. then I realized that god doesn't work that way. so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness."
"I would rather die for something I believe in than live for anything else."
"What is the task of higher education? To make a man into a machine. What are the means employed? He is taught how to suffer being bored." – F W Nietzsche
[Image: s-event.png]
01-20-2009 02:57 AM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

Given 106 thank(s) in 80 post(s)

That is true Smile
01-20-2009 04:27 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
returnal Away
cold like minnesota (brrr!)

Given 29 thank(s) in 26 post(s)

thought criminal Wrote:Why the fuck should I have to get bullshit shoved down it throat for a month because some faggot darkies decided to take over the month of February? I'm done apologizing to these until-grateful pricks, if anything they ow US for inventing rap. Dumb niggers
Thanks for the stupidity, you racist coward.

woah dude
dude woah
01-20-2009 05:25 AM
random_name Offline
Fanatic

Newtown Wrote:
thought criminal Wrote:Why the fuck should I have to get bullshit shoved down it throat for a month because some faggot darkies decided to take over the month of February? I'm done apologizing to these until-grateful pricks, if anything they ow US for inventing rap. Dumb niggers
Thanks for the stupidity, you racist coward.

how the fuck is he a coward? you fucking prock

/end insult

Hidden stuff:
"A 'no' uttered from deepest conviction is better and greater than a 'yes' merely uttered to please, or what is worse, to avoid trouble." - Mahatma Gandhi

"The irrationality of a thing is no argument against its existence, rather a condition of it."

-Ben Franklin

"when I was a kid I used to pray for a bicycle. then I realized that god doesn't work that way. so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness."
"What is the task of higher education? To make a man into a machine. What are the means employed? He is taught how to suffer being bored." – F W Nietzsche
01-20-2009 05:30 AM
Jackass McAwesome Offline
Fanatic

Given 24 thank(s) in 17 post(s)

youvebeenthunderstruck Wrote:I honestly... yeah, I don't quite agree, Oni. Some people will be dumbfucks about it but I haven't actually really seen anybody like that. I mean, black history month should ideally be a recognition and nothing beyond that. Of course *I* have nothing to apologize for as it was my ancestors, not me. Still though, I do think it has its merit.

Aye, but my state takes it to damned seriously, so when February comes, I'm going to avoid going into public. It's like, "OMFG DID YOU HEAR ABOUT [insert black inventor/civil rights activists person here]?! YOU DIDN'T OMFG U RACIST."

And.. no, sadly, I've not exagurated.
01-20-2009 05:43 AM
classclown Offline
Fanatic

one thing i luagh about is how blacks allways sit in the back of the bus even tho rosa parks fought for them to sit in the front its kinda like slaping her in the face

life is just blah blah blah. we hope for blah, and sometimes we find it. but mostly its blah. and waiting for blah. and hoping you were right about the blahs you made. and when you think you just got the whole blah damn thing figured out, and your surrounded by the ones you blah. death shows up and blah blah blah.
-weeds-

Death may be the greatest of all human blessings. -socrates-

Schooling us to prepare us for the career in need
Not caring about our interests and dreams to heed
01-20-2009 05:43 AM
random_name Offline
Fanatic

classclown Wrote:one thing i luagh about is how blacks allways sit in the back of the bus even tho rosa parks fought for them to sit in the front its kinda like slaping her in the face

its not like that here. and no, rosa parks fought for them ton have the choice of where to sit - and not to be moved off the bus or be made to stand up if a white person had no seat.

Hidden stuff:

-Ben Franklin

01-20-2009 05:45 AM
classclown Offline
Fanatic

well here they all sit in the back and yea your right about all rights

life is just blah blah blah. we hope for blah, and sometimes we find it. but mostly its blah. and waiting for blah. and hoping you were right about the blahs you made. and when you think you just got the whole blah damn thing figured out, and your surrounded by the ones you blah. death shows up and blah blah blah.
-weeds-

01-20-2009 05:48 AM
random_name Offline
Fanatic

=]

Hidden stuff:

-Ben Franklin

01-20-2009 05:50 AM
Freeman Offline
Pariah

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

john tuttle Wrote:- They have a whole month. WTF? I'm Indian, where is my Indian hsitory month? Or atleast an Asian-history month?

Indians deserve a month in this country, since it's theres.
01-20-2009 07:06 AM
classclown Offline
Fanatic

im part indeans and we get alot of stuff in return for it kinda

-weeds-

01-20-2009 07:08 AM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

nobody deserves a history month
01-20-2009 07:12 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
classclown Offline
Fanatic

i agree with criminal its just dumb

-weeds-

01-20-2009 07:12 AM
random_name Offline
Fanatic

it is a bit. most races and cultures have a history.

Hidden stuff:

-Ben Franklin

01-20-2009 07:14 AM
classclown Offline
Fanatic

we can learn it all in history just makinga months for 1 race screws it up

-weeds-

01-20-2009 07:16 AM
random_name Offline
Fanatic

imagine if we had to have one time of year for each race. it would change on the minute eveyr minute.

Hidden stuff:

-Ben Franklin

01-20-2009 07:17 AM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

Witch is stupid. No body deserves to get acknowledged because it makes they're race seem Superior
01-20-2009 07:27 AM
Fire Elf Offline
Fanatic

Given 30 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

thought criminal Wrote:nobody deserves a history month
This. If we give blacks a "history month", we have to give one to every other culture in the world.

This, of course, can not be done, because there are only 12 months in a year, and over 200 countries.

The only good signature is a dead signature.
01-20-2009 07:28 AM
random_name Offline
Fanatic

it would be nice if we were all treated as equal

Hidden stuff:

-Ben Franklin

01-20-2009 07:29 AM
Fire Elf Offline
Fanatic

Given 30 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

random_name Wrote:it would be nice if we were all treated as equal
The easiest way to do this is no-one gets their own month.

The only good signature is a dead signature.
01-20-2009 07:30 AM
random_name Offline
Fanatic

true, true

Hidden stuff:

-Ben Franklin

01-20-2009 07:31 AM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

random_name Wrote:it would be nice if we were all treated as equal
I find this ironic since the blacks used to preach about being equal and look at them now. Calling us crackers and talking down to us. Fags
01-20-2009 07:33 AM
classclown Offline
Fanatic

yea and at a schools here your usally treated like crap if ur white unless ur a skater cause then ur group is big enough the blacks wont mess wit u

-weeds-

01-20-2009 07:36 AM
Elfy Offline
Fanatic

Given 64 thank(s) in 41 post(s)

Its not all "blacks" though.

Just the crowd of them who think they are superior because they were born black.

Still everyone on this planet is equal. That is never going to change. Even though they may seem not we are all born humans.

RIP SCHOOL-SURVIVAL 04/07/2019
[Image: tumblr_lpjpoqOyQ91qb8nljo1_500.gif]
01-20-2009 07:43 AM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

classclown Wrote:yea and at a schools here your usally treated like crap if ur white unless ur a skater cause then ur group is big enough the blacks wont mess wit u
I hang with the goths and punks they won't touch us.
At my school all the skaters are wiggers and hang with the blacks
At my school its
Popular kids
Goths punks
Asians
Blacks and skaters
01-20-2009 07:46 AM
classclown Offline
Fanatic

at my school yea we got skin heads wwho hang with punks and goths they dont get along with the blacks but they dont hate them

-weeds-

01-20-2009 07:53 AM