RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forums disabled
Swift Offline
Fanatic

Given 9 thank(s) in 8 post(s)
Re: Forums disabled

Aviator Wrote:Please put School Ramblings and General back at least.

At the bare minimum the School Ramblings.

"I heard a joke once. Man goes to doctor says "I'm terribly depressed". Doctor says "I know just what you should do. Poliacci the clown is in town, go see him, you'll be cheered right up." The man bursts into tears. "But Doctor, I am Poliacci." Funny joke. Roll on snare drum. Everyone laugh."

-Rorschach

[Image: BANANAMAN.gif]
01-27-2009 10:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
youvebeenthunderstruck Offline
Fanatic

Given 21 thank(s) in 19 post(s)

Kaven Wrote:Good god, half of you are trying to bring logic to the internet, which will NEVER WORK. The other half, you could probably include me in, are 'bitching'.

I will never apologize for what I said, and I am amazed at how many of you are taking this with little care. Every one of you who will agree with Soul no matter what are sucky little bitches who are willing to do anything to get some credibility by sticking by their master's throne. If you agree with Soul, I hope you choke on your mother's vaginal fluids.

I mean, god, it's not the end of the fucking world. It's an anti-school site, and an anti-school forum. Good god, there's only a few hundred websites like this on the internet, so those of you who are 'living' on this website, it's time to migrate somewhere else, like me, because this place is blown to hell.

There is absolutely no way to justify ripping away the best forums. Sure, that is an opinion, but the 'shittiest' forum, the non-needed ones, are still here. Politics? What the fuck, seriously? Politics, and advice over school ramblings? Religious, political, and advice posts were made in school ramblings. And general discussion, for god's sake...

I can only hope some sense will be knocked into those who are agreeing with this decision. Because agreeing with this is to conform, and conforming is giving up, and isn't that what this site is against?

Hey, if you disagree with Soul, that's your opinion and I don't really care about it. I have a problem with, however, people calling her a bitch just for doing this, or the people going "u just lost another member" like you expect her to owe you something. Pathetic.

<lordpie> Life sucks so much right now. It seems I'm spending all of it doing math.
<Rosti_LFC> You are "Math Boy"
<Rosti_LFC> Doer of math
<Rosti_LFC> Unable to integrate with society. Only with functions of x
01-27-2009 10:21 AM
Puchiko Offline
Pariah

Given 15 thank(s) in 11 post(s)

KitsuneSefam Wrote:
Darthmat Wrote:How dare any of you call SoulRiser.

I stopped reading here

[Image: chris-crocker.jpg]

I love how people are confounding complaining and insulting.
She's been called a bitch, told she fails, and named a "spoiled child". None of that is constructive criticism, it's plain old expletives.

Don't take life so seriously, it isn't permanent.
01-27-2009 10:23 AM
Kaven Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

youvebeenthunderstruck-

This place is called the internet. You can pretty much do and say whatever the fuck you want and get away with it. Nobody's gonna call the fucking cops on you for calling someone a bitch. I highly suggest you stop defending her, because you're doing absolutely nothing but showing her that this type of behavior is okay, and acceptable, which, judging by the insults, threats, and members leaving, is not.
01-27-2009 10:23 AM
Abandoning Ship Offline
Fanatic

Given 14 thank(s) in 11 post(s)

Geez.

I've been on these forums for 4 years and never did I think they'd somehow turn out this shitty. I remember when this used to be a place to vent, to have discussions about politics, and to just get shit off your chest that you couldn't explain to everyone else. I remember when Rebelnerd and cheese were the seniors, when Doc Johnson still visited us often, and when the forums went down for a week or so and we all went generally crazy. I remember when no one used the IRC room, too. Crazy times.

I agree with Wolf a lot here. Cut Soul some slack, especially considering that most of your turned this place into a cesspool of humanity, far from it's former glory of being such an open place to be. If I were her, I'd feel like shit. And, actually, I do! This place used to be my headquarters, my home base, my home on the internet, and all the great users, like Wolf, Happy Camper, Soulriser, Oblivion, Freak, Doc Johnson, they all were and are like my family. And to see this place go to shit like this, it breaks my heart. You guys bitch and moan about being denied your right to turn this place into your own personal wasteland of meaning, then turn around and say that us, the people here before you, who actually care about this place, are whining.

Sefam, fuck you. You've turned a great place into a shithole. Plain and simple, you are out of touch with reality.
01-27-2009 10:26 AM
 Thanks given by: Trar , SoulRiser
Kaven Offline
Rebel

Wolfeh Wrote:Kaven, where in the hell do you see anyone agreeing with what Soul's doing?

And also, who the fuck are you?

I've already spotted a few people saying 'nothing of value is lost'. If you haven't seen it, I highly suggest you get your vision checked, and look back a few pages.

I am a new member, obviously by my name, lack of avatar, and status.
01-27-2009 10:26 AM
Milk2Go Offline
Fanatic

Given 41 thank(s) in 29 post(s)

Why is it that all forums go downhill almost exactly a year after I join them?
01-27-2009 10:29 AM
Fanatic

Kaven Wrote:youvebeenthunderstruck-

This place is called the internet. You can pretty much do and say whatever the fuck you want and get away with it. Nobody's gonna call the fucking cops on you for calling someone a bitch. I highly suggest you stop defending her, because you're doing absolutely nothing but showing her that this type of behavior is okay, and acceptable, which, judging by the insults, threats, and members leaving, is not.

Just because it's the internet and you can say whatever you want doesn't mean I don't think they're assholes. Sure, you have freedom of speech but that doesn't mean people aren't being idiots.

"this type of behavior is OK"... how long has there been fighting on the forum and HOW long exactly has she put up with this? It has to be pretty annoying to say the least so I don't really blame her. And seriously, you sound like you're talking to a dog, giving it orders. Yes, let's punish her, this type of behavior isn't OK. Down boy, no cookie. Come on.

Also, the insults threats and people leaving don't justify themselves, it just proves that the people doing it are the ones in the wrong and the ones who need to shut the fuck up. It's perfectly OK to have someone who is tolerant, caring and dedicated enough to put that much work into the site and do this for several years, until she deletes half the forum out of frustration, when suddenly she's an evil bitch. Sorry but it doesn't work like that and fuck anyone who thinks otherwise.

<lordpie> Life sucks so much right now. It seems I'm spending all of it doing math.
<Rosti_LFC> Doer of math
01-27-2009 10:29 AM
 Thanks given by: SoulRiser
Kaven Offline
Rebel

She was the one who took the forums down, thus causing this huge rebel-against-rebel royal rumble. So yes, she has effectively created a large war, where former 'friends' are now slinging insults at each other. There are at least 10 other ways the problems could've been handled. To destroy some of the best forums is by far the worst, and, by the looks of it, has done the most damage to the members here.
01-27-2009 10:31 AM
Fanatic

Kaven Wrote:She was the one who took the forums down, thus causing this huge rebel-against-rebel royal rumble. So yes, she has effectively created a large war, where former 'friends' are now slinging insults at each other. There are at least 10 other ways the problems could've been handled. To destroy some of the best forums is by far the worst, and, by the looks of it, has done the most damage to the members here.

OK, fine, so disagree with her. By all means. But DON'T insult her or take that "she owes me" attitude of "u've just lost another member", because that's really arrogant.

<Rosti_LFC> Doer of math
01-27-2009 10:34 AM
psychopath Offline
Fanatic

Given 60 thank(s) in 54 post(s)

I respect soul's decision as this place helped me epicly, but I still think this was a bad move.
01-27-2009 10:43 AM
KitsuneSefam Offline
Fanatic

Given 17 thank(s) in 16 post(s)

Puchiko Wrote:I love how people are confounding complaining and insulting.
She's been called a bitch, told she fails, and named a "spoiled child". None of that is constructive criticism, it's plain old expletives.[/quote]

Well I thought this was aimed at me, I said she fails as an admin and i gave constructive criticism.
The Apathy Offline
Pariah

Given 6 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

Laugh whoever called SoulRiser a bitch, Pm me

Who am I? That is irrelevant.
What am I here for? That will become apparent.
You can call me Apathy!
Fanatic

Something_Spacey Wrote:Whover called SoulRiser a bitch, Pm me Laugh Smile

You're included in the people I completely and utterly despise. Don't think I didn't notice the "I knew you were special" post you fucking dipshit who has to have his own way all the fucking time.

<Rosti_LFC> Doer of math
01-27-2009 10:44 AM
Unregistered

Given thank(s) in post(s)

youvebeenthunderstruck Wrote:
Something_Spacey Wrote:Whover called SoulRiser a bitch, Pm me Laugh Smile

You're included in the people I completely and utterly despise. Don't think I didn't notice the "I knew you were special" post you fucking dipshit who has to have his own way all the fucking time.

Again, this isn't helping. Even if someone is really truly wrong here, it's inconsequential, we might as well just do what we can on an individual level to help the actual site, or at least set an example for others.
01-27-2009 10:46 AM
Quote this message in a reply
psychopath Offline
Fanatic

Given 60 thank(s) in 54 post(s)

Everyone lets listen to happy music so happy it's annoying http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=POEzC0UMVxM
01-27-2009 10:48 AM
KitsuneSefam Offline
Fanatic

Given 17 thank(s) in 16 post(s)

Thunder is only a douchebag and a excuse of a admin.

Looks like everyone on this site got admin/mod because they sucked up or were "friendly".

That's part of the problem at hand.
01-27-2009 10:48 AM
Unregistered

If that is true, then don't call him out on it, instead just ignore him which will piss him off even more no matter what he says.
01-27-2009 10:49 AM
Fanatic

Stratofailius Wrote:If that is true, then don't call him out on it, instead just ignore him which will piss him off even more no matter what he says.

What, so I'm wrong?

<Rosti_LFC> Doer of math
01-27-2009 10:50 AM
Unregistered

youvebeenthunderstruck Wrote:
Stratofailius Wrote:If that is true, then don't call him out on it, instead just ignore him which will piss him off even more no matter what he says.

What, so I'm wrong?

It doesn't matter whether you're right or wrong, so I won't even answer that. It would just be nice if the bickering would stop, and that doesn't mean finally "winning" the argument, it just means moving on.
01-27-2009 10:52 AM
returnal Away
cold like minnesota (brrr!)

Given 29 thank(s) in 26 post(s)

Abandoning Ship Wrote:Geez.

I've been on these forums for 4 years and never did I think they'd somehow turn out this shitty. I remember when this used to be a place to vent, to have discussions about politics, and to just get shit off your chest that you couldn't explain to everyone else. I remember when Rebelnerd and cheese were the seniors, when Doc Johnson still visited us often, and when the forums went down for a week or so and we all went generally crazy. I remember when no one used the IRC room, too. Crazy times.

I agree with Wolf a lot here. Cut Soul some slack, especially considering that most of your turned this place into a cesspool of humanity, far from it's former glory of being such an open place to be. If I were her, I'd feel like shit. And, actually, I do! This place used to be my headquarters, my home base, my home on the internet, and all the great users, like Wolf, Happy Camper, Soulriser, Oblivion, Freak, Doc Johnson, they all were and are like my family. And to see this place go to shit like this, it breaks my heart. You guys bitch and moan about being denied your right to turn this place into your own personal wasteland of meaning, then turn around and say that us, the people here before you, who actually care about this place, are whining.

Sefam, fuck you. You've turned a great place into a shithole. Plain and simple, you are out of touch with reality.
I have no idea what side I really am on but, quoted for truth.

woah dude
dude woah
01-27-2009 11:15 AM
Suicidal-kun Offline
Fanatic

Given 19 thank(s) in 18 post(s)

Hai thar.

Looks like I come back to these neck of the woods to find that the Park Ranger has burned a good portion of it down. Laugh

So what did ya'll do to cause such an extreme action to be done?
01-27-2009 11:29 AM
The Apathy Offline
Pariah

Posted a thread on 'how to have' "Sex with Spirits"! Cool

You can call me Apathy!
01-27-2009 11:32 AM
.xstrike-anywherex. Offline
Revolutionary

Given 21 thank(s) in 9 post(s)

Soul can do whatever the hell she wants with her own forum. Honestly I go on SS only selectively for boredom, so I can't bring myself to care.

I won't insult, but I'd be interested in knowing the 'whys' behind all this.

Step into my twisted reality

[Image: churchsign.jpg]
01-27-2009 12:37 PM
Apathy Offline
Defiant

Justin is laughing at all of you.
01-27-2009 01:11 PM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

Given 106 thank(s) in 80 post(s)

Well I come back to find this and people I care about like chemistry_hater gone. This is sorry
I have always liked you and backed you soul but this is just wrong.
I'm quitting.

It's been fun ss. Bye
01-27-2009 01:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Given 36 thank(s) in 34 post(s)

Any of you who called Soul a bitch, those that said that she has no right to do this. Those that have the FUCKING BALLS, TO INSULT HER. GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE. NOW.

She created the website, the forums, she comforted many people, she's given, potentially a thousand e-hugs! You have no grounds to insult her. I rarely glance at the General Talk and School Rambling forums. They honestly mean nothing to those who know what this site is about. If you need to rant and rave at the unfairness at school, use the VIYH forum, and be fucking smart about it.

Oh yeah, and GTFO!

[Image: 9be30a7.png]
[Image: LyingFloraBanner.jpg]
01-27-2009 01:15 PM
The Apathy Offline
Pariah

Lol at the people who think sol is a martyr.

Without Bill Gates you'd be screwed but no one here gives a fuck about him.

You can call me Apathy!
01-27-2009 01:29 PM
John Tuttle Offline
Fanatic

Given 5 thank(s) in 5 post(s)

STOP WITH THE PERSONAL ATTACKS

Ex: "Kitsune as whiney, Thunder is a ass, etc"

What do you think Soul is thinking when she reads your posts calling eachother bitches and asses? That we are a loving community and truely desever the forums? Seriosuly, even some of the constructive criticism should be taken elseware IF IT DOESN'T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE TOPIC OF THIS THREAD. KTHXBY.

[Image: funny-gifs-wax-on-wax-owl.gif]
01-27-2009 01:36 PM
mudkip liek Offline
Fanatic

Given 10 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

Aw, fuck. Who am I kidding? I'm not leaving...I tried, but I kept visiting till I couldn't take it anymore and then I logged in.

Honestly Soul, I thought about it, and I understand where you're coming from. I put myself in your shoes and then I thought "I would've so done the same thing". As much as I disagree with it. Who gives a shit? It's not like you deleted anything. We can only hope the forums will be back. But if not, well it was fun while it lasted. It's your website, do whatever the fuck you want. Biggrin
Kinda funny how everyone is freaking out.

Thought criminal, don't quit on me.
01-27-2009 01:54 PM