RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey thunder, you win. I give up arguing.
Michio-kun Offline
Fanatic

Given 28 thank(s) in 24 post(s)
Hey thunder, you win. I give up arguing.

I feel dumb right now. Before thunder jumps on my ass and says I told you so, or anyone else, this place is a fucking joke. I'm sorry if this forum was never meant for any kind of serious discussion, and maybe that's why I'm at odds with the original members here just because I've always had a different vision for what I would like this forum to look like, but obviously that will never happen.

Like I said 5 minutes ago, if anyone with ANY kind of merit/brains were to view this forum, they'd laugh their ass off at how silly this place is which would invalidate anything we say about anti-school thought in general. I'm sorry guys, this place is a straight up joke of a "community". I guess we used to have one, but it's gone. Forever.

I recommend that from now on, everyone cease mentioning this forum on the internet or God forbid, in real life. Once the wiki gets better, or anything else people start, mention that first. Soul (luckily) hid the forum link a little more, but this place still makes the entire site look bad, and it also makes anti-school thought look childish to people who have never thought about it before.

And fuck everyone that is about to reply blaming it on "trolls" like me. Lol. I can already predict the obvious responses that will appear.

Anyway, stuff that needs your help:
http://wiki.school-survival.net/
www.school-survival.net
http://fer-revolution.blogspot.com/ (It sucks right now, we need better fucking everything, and for people to actually contribute. Also blogspot sucks, I'd recommend Wordpress, and since I have a credit card now, I might be willing to register a domain name or something. www.blog.blogsite.com looks fail and cheap.)

Maybe everyone should go read some more anti-school material/philosophy of education to remember why they came here in the first place. This may also help in contribution (I mean real contribution, not failing on the forum for 1000-5000 posts.)

Start by wracking your brain over this and trying to understand it all.

I think anti-school thought should be grounded in an underlying political and ethical philosophy to make our case even stronger, but we need for people on this stupid fucking forum to actually read up/educate themselves a little bit more instead of shitting all over Soulriser's website for hours at a time.

You don't need to be a highbrow philosopher, it would just be nice if people had more interesting things to say than, "lol hi my nam iz brandy n i think skool sux cuz HW is useless and dey giv 2 much of it at skool lolololaoeu,.usatoeuaoue my chemical romance".

God this place is a laughing stock.

P.S. Just an extra-reminder, do not link to this forum anywhere else or tell a bunch of people about it. Those school-survival flyers are a bad idea.

To a mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders. - Chuang-tzu
The quieter you become, the more you can hear. - Baba Ram Dass
The whole moon and the entire sky are reflected in one dewdrop on the grass. - Dogen
Great Faith. Great Doubt. Great Effort. - The three qualities necessary for training. - Zen saying
Possessing much knowledge is like having a thousand foot fishing line with a hook, but the fish is always an inch beyond the hook. - Zen saying
01-30-2009 09:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
youvebeenthunderstruck Offline
Fanatic

Given 21 thank(s) in 19 post(s)
Re: Hey thunder, you win. I give up arguing.

I'm sorry you feel that way about the forum but it's not my job as an admin to make good posts, and as for splitting threads that's something we're aware of doing and are starting to do that more anyway.

<lordpie> Life sucks so much right now. It seems I'm spending all of it doing math.
<Rosti_LFC> You are "Math Boy"
<Rosti_LFC> Doer of math
<Rosti_LFC> Unable to integrate with society. Only with functions of x
01-30-2009 09:22 AM
Michio-kun Offline
Fanatic

youvebeenthunderstruck Wrote:I'm sorry you feel that way about the forum but it's not my job as an admin to make good posts, and as for splitting threads that's something we're aware of doing and are starting to do that more anyway.

Well fine. I guess I know where you're coming from. I'm done with this arguing.

The whole moon and the entire sky are reflected in one dewdrop on the grass. - Dogen
Great Faith. Great Doubt. Great Effort. - The three qualities necessary for training. - Zen saying
Possessing much knowledge is like having a thousand foot fishing line with a hook, but the fish is always an inch beyond the hook. - Zen saying
01-30-2009 09:24 AM
Hanny Offline
Fanatic

Given 6 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

I'm staying away, too. Strat is right for once.

[Image: 72eoaf.gif]
<Darthmat> I love the taste of meat in my mouth. Cory, I don't know how you live without it.
<Darthmat> "Forbidden meat tastes sweetest."

Penisometer
8======================================================================o
Conclusion: Still a penis.
01-30-2009 09:35 AM
KitsuneSefam Offline
Fanatic

Given 17 thank(s) in 16 post(s)

youvebeenthunderstruck Wrote:I'm sorry you feel that way about the forum but it's not my job as an admin to make good posts, and as for splitting threads that's something we're aware of doing and are starting to do that more anyway.

/kickban KitsuneSefam
/kickban KitsuneSefam
/kickban KitsuneSefam
/kickban KitsuneSefam
/kickban KitsuneSefam
/kickban KitsuneSefam
/kickban KitsuneSefam
/kickban KitsuneSefam

And I think Strat is right.
01-30-2009 09:46 AM
Fanatic

How many times do I have to tell you to shut your fucking mouth? We've been through the fact that just because you were kicked on IRC doesn't mean you're going to be abused on the forum, in fact I'm an admin, darthmat is an admin and although you don't like me your fail posts are still intact so SHUT THE FUCK UP thanks.

<lordpie> Life sucks so much right now. It seems I'm spending all of it doing math.
<Rosti_LFC> Doer of math
01-30-2009 09:52 AM
Michio-kun Offline
Fanatic

Nice to see another thread turning to shit.

01-30-2009 09:53 AM
Fanatic

Eh, will split it when forums are back.

<Rosti_LFC> Doer of math
01-30-2009 09:55 AM
KitsuneSefam Offline
Fanatic

youvebeenthunderstruck Wrote:How many times do I have to tell you to shut your fucking mouth? We've been through the fact that just because you were kicked on IRC doesn't mean you're going to be abused on the forum, in fact I'm an admin, darthmat is an admin and although you don't like me your fail posts are still intact so SHUT THE FUCK UP thanks.

My shit posts? Them being intact makes you a good admin? How about the constants "Go kill yourself" by you? I'm sure as hell those won't get split.

Now shut the fuck up and stop ruining threads with your shit, my post above was because arguing with you is useless anyway.
01-30-2009 09:59 AM
Fanatic

No, dumbass. You're worried this site will turn into IRC because the same mods who are on IRC are on the site. And it's not the same as the site.

<Rosti_LFC> Doer of math
01-30-2009 10:08 AM
KitsuneSefam Offline
Fanatic

youvebeenthunderstruck Wrote:No, dumbass. You're worried this site will turn into IRC because the same mods who are on IRC are on the site. And it's not the same as the site.

It's already shit and we have a centric power(Jee, admins don't do shit, Soul takes nearly all the decisions and mods are resilient to do stuff to not occur wrath), wasn't that what you guys complained about for my IRC channel?
01-30-2009 10:10 AM
John Tuttle Offline
Fanatic

Given 5 thank(s) in 5 post(s)

The fact is Soul is the only person who can save the forums know, considering no admins are willing to do anything whatsoever. Like Strat, I am know done arguing.

[Image: funny-gifs-wax-on-wax-owl.gif]
01-30-2009 11:08 AM
John Tuttle Offline
Fanatic

I simply ment restoring the actuall boards that have been hiden. After that, I think that they should be reorganized (see Aviator's post in the Politics section under reorganisation) and many useless admins and mods should be stripped of their powers. Finally, Isay the bin should be a place for funny and unconstructive topics, but not spam, like a thread titled "I DIDNT FUCKIN EAT THE TOILET THING."

01-30-2009 11:24 AM
John Tuttle Offline
Fanatic

Wolfeh Wrote:The boards will be restored when Soul gives the go-ahead. It's her boards, and she has the final say in everything that goes on with them.

We'll talk about the reorganization suggestion, and the de-mod/de-admin suggestion (though, I don't understand it).

The Recycle Bin was mainly what you said. Off-topic posts, unconstructive topics, 'n all that shit generally went there, along with spam. We put all that stuff there because admins and mods used to get bitched at for potentially "censoring opinions" if we deleted the wrong stuff. So eventually, we just started keeping everything. I do agree with you though, more of that useless stuff needs to be deleted.

But lately, there has been a huge amount of spam, way more than we've ever had before, and ironically, none of the spam that's really annoying us is coming from bots anymore. So that's why the Bin is cluttered up with more spam than anything. But I think the best cure to that would be for spamming members to stop spamming, ultimately. The mods/admins will do what we need to, but this whole "community" thing is a two-way street and it takes more than just admins or mods to get things working smoothly.

True, you make some very good points.

01-30-2009 12:09 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  No pro-schooler arguing in the forums after we beat Killjoy? Reptorian 41 7,208 08-24-2009 04:12 AM
Last Post: The Desert Fox