RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how much do you really hate school?
seniors09 Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

please tell me why is that teachers have favourites, and usually those favourites are the ones that are mindless zombies. i have come up with the fact that school is trying to make us all think the same, and basically we have not life. tell me why that every teacher on the computers right now, will not give students privacy and that every man and his dog will see what i am writing now, they say they are protecting us and that it is all for our own safety and they are making us concentrate on work, but isnt it our responsibility and our choice how we want to do time management?

Tell me what do you think about school, how much do you really hate it?

Tell me are there people in teh school that give you so much S***! you just hate them so much?

Im interested to know how much do you really hate school? ;D
02-26-2009 10:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aviator Offline
Pariah

Given 7 thank(s) in 6 post(s)
Re: how much do you really hate school?

Hi!

I'm Aviator!

*Offers handshake*

Here's my explanation for why teachers like the mindless zombies. Teachers, surprisingly, are human. Like other humans, they are genetically programmed to take the path of least resistance as much as possible. Students who behave, do well grade-wise, and arrive to class one time make their job easier, because they don't have to write referrals or worry about the kid they kicked out of the classroom, or have their teaching skills scrutinized over some failing grades and such. Thus, they are more likely to like the kids who are "zombies". They're more pleasent to get along with, because they don't have to fight with them over grades and stuff.

The kids who don't do so hot grade-wise make them look like bad teachers; the kids who misbehave force them to write up referrals, which makes them look like they can't handle the situation; and the kids who don't arrive/show up to class on time make them look uninspiring and boring. They then look bad among their peers, are percieved as mean and strict by their students, and have to work harder. Understandably, they don't like that. They like ease - aka, good students.

My opinion on school is that frankly, it's uninspiring. It's boring. And the micro-management drives me up a tree. I am considered a "gifted" student, by their measures. Mostly cause I used to shut up and do the work - but now because I can ace all of the classes without even trying. 75% of my classtime is spent with my nose in a book, and I can still ace all of the classwork without hardly trying. I can gather the gist of a subject in 10 minutes or less by skimming the textbook. I don't need to spend the entire class period sitting there, listening to a teacher lecture on a subject that I already understand fully.

In short, I'm BORED.

In regular classes, I find most of the other students to be morons. They misbehave and slow down the class, distract the teacher, and ruin my learning experiance. As someone else put it, they're simply being babysitted at school, not learning. It ruins it for people like me who can actually appreciate learning something new. Without the morons, the lessons would move faster, and I might actually be interested. But moving at the pace of a snail is boring for me. I can grasp the gist of the lesson quickly - having to wait an extra 2 minutes, every 5 minutes, for someone to shut up slows it down a lot. It drives me nuts.

In Honors classes, half of the kids are there not because they're gifted, but because they behave. In classes that have the potential to promote great discussion on challenging topics like philosophy, human nature, and other interesting, useful subjects, we have to stick to vocabulary because, like I said, half of the kids can't wrap their mind around the harder subjects. The kids that can can only move at the pace of the slower half. It's BORING, and only creates busy work.

On top of that, the teachers get pissed when I try and move ahead or do something else on my own. I got thrown out of a classroom one time for writing a story while they spent 20 minutes memorizing the names and placement of parts of the male reproductive system. I had it down pat in about 2 seconds, and was bored, so I pulled out paper and pencil. The teacher found me to have an attitude problem (I was like WTF. I'm quiet and in my seat, how does this constitute an attitude problem?) and threw me out.

So, basically, they discourage progress at one's own pace, if it happens to be faster than the majorities. I am not challenged to do my best, because, it only requires about 50% brain power to complete their stupid worksheets to a satisfactory level. And if I do actually give it 100%, the other kids get mad because it makes them look bad. It's a lose/lose situation. It sucks.

It is better to ask for forgiveness than for permission. - Neal Vitale
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints. The sinners are much more fun.
Everyone can back up their opinions. Some people just do it a whole lot better than others. - Rebelnerd
Here's to the men and women who did what was considered wrong, in order to do what they knew was right.
'Of course it is happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?'" - JK Rowling
02-26-2009 11:18 AM
classclown Offline
Fanatic

Given 7 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

i hate school cause they are so narrow minded.

life is just blah blah blah. we hope for blah, and sometimes we find it. but mostly its blah. and waiting for blah. and hoping you were right about the blahs you made. and when you think you just got the whole blah damn thing figured out, and your surrounded by the ones you blah. death shows up and blah blah blah.
-weeds-

Death may be the greatest of all human blessings. -socrates-

Schooling us to prepare us for the career in need
Not caring about our interests and dreams to heed
02-26-2009 01:40 PM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

Given 160 thank(s) in 104 post(s)

I hate school so bad, I faked a bomb threat and school was closed for a week

Hidden stuff:
TRIGGER WARNING: THIS TRIGGER WARNING CONTAINS TRIGGER WARNINGS!

Dear Tumblrites: Despite your wrongly self-diagnosed PTSD, no line of scientific evidence suggests people can be triggered over the internet. Triggering works through the senses (i.e. smell, taste, touch, vision, hearing.) but it goes through real time; if you're not experiencing it in real life as it's ACTUALLY HAPPENING in your ACTUAL life, you CANNOT be triggered. The only exception to this is if you have a seizure, but then again, that's triggered by epilepsy (i.e. rapidly-changing flashing lights) NOT PTSD. Remembering a bad incident is NOT the same thing as having a flashback. When you remember, you think; when you flashback, you feel.

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

[Image: violator_blackbg_110x32.gif]
Max Stirnir Wrote:"In the time of spirits thoughts grew till they overtopped my head, whose offspring they yet were; they hovered about me and convulsed me like fever-phantasies -- an awful power. The thoughts had become corporeal on their own account, were ghosts, e. g. God, Emperor, Pope, Fatherland, etc. If I destroy their corporeity, then I take them back into mine, and say: "I alone am corporeal." And now I take the world as what it is to me, as mine, as my property; I refer all to myself." The Ego and Its Own, pg. 15
Charles Manson Wrote:“Look down at me and you see a fool;
look up at me and you see a god;
look straight at me and you see yourself”
HeartofShadows Wrote:"Life is nothing more than a druggie trying to get their quick fix of happiness while dealing with the harsh withdrawal of reality"
Osip Mandelstam Wrote:"I divide all of world literature into authorized and unauthorized works. The former are all trash; the latter--stolen air. I want to spit in the face of every writer who first obtains permission and then writes." The Fourth Prose, 1930.
Lukas Foss Wrote:That is why the analogy of stealing does not work. With a thief, we want to know how much money he stole, and from whom. With the artist it is not how much he took and from whom, but what he did with it.
PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
 Pirate Join the crew!Pirate
02-26-2009 02:08 PM
Cosbydaf Offline
Fanatic

Given 19 thank(s) in 17 post(s)

TrueAnarchist Wrote:I hate school so bad, I followed though with a bomb threat and school was closed FOREVER

Fixed.
02-26-2009 02:11 PM
insanity_wolf33 Offline
Defiant

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

I really hate how I have to:

1. Be a mindless zombie
2. Shut up when the teacher's talking
3. Be forced to memorize things, answer questions, and write loads of crap on topics I don't care about
4. Treat it like it's actually important for me to be this mindless zombie
5. Bring home a whole boat load of homework and turn it in, completed, the next day
6. Accept anything I'm forced to memorize as truth
7. Regurgitate everything I had to memorize onto a test
8. ATTEND THIS PRISON IN THE FIRST PLACE

I really hate that I can't:
1. Rebel
2. Talk back to a teacher or administrator
3. Talk to my friends
4. Cheat on exams/tests
5. Pursue my own interests
6. Say that I'm bored
7. Disagree with the teacher
8. Think of new ways to do things
9. Get this time back
10. State any of school's problems

Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is.
- Isaac Asimov

The knowledge of the world is only to be acquired in the world, and not in a closet.
-Henry Adams

Windows - 32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor, written by a 2 bit company, that can't stand 1 bit of competition.
-Anonymous
01-26-2014 07:46 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  School in general- why i HATE it. rpgkitty 38 9,122 11-09-2013 12:34 PM
Last Post: rpgkitty
  School in general- why i HATE it. rpgkitty 0 992 10-04-2013 07:38 AM
Last Post: rpgkitty
  What I hate about school is... Campion 5 1,618 03-28-2010 01:45 AM
Last Post: The Desert Fox