RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Einstein were still alive?
somewhathyphy(: Offline
Defiant

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
If Einstein were still alive?

Sorry if this is in the wrong section or is a repost, feel free to delete it or move it if it is.

I was just wondering if Albert Einstein were still alive right now do you think he would be able to change people's opinions on public schooling and religion? If so how would he go about doing this, because anybody against what people think is right are usually thought of as "rebels" or "anti-government".

[Image: Thewackness.jpg]
03-05-2009 12:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Trar Away
R.I.P.

Given 189 thank(s) in 125 post(s)
Re: If Einstein were still alive?

I could show him to my Social Studies teacher. Laugh

Naah.

Maybe he would start an underground think tank or something.
03-05-2009 12:49 PM
Freeman Offline
Pariah

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

I think he'd make school much better. He's one of my idols, and I admire how he showed that school suppresses change and free thought.
03-05-2009 03:02 PM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Given 113 thank(s) in 97 post(s)

I think he'd be too busy rejoicing that his nukes didn't end up destroying the world before the USSR fell.

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
The quickest way to kill a revolution is to wait for it.
03-06-2009 06:21 AM
Sunbourn Offline
Proud crazy cat man

Given 289 thank(s) in 192 post(s)

Einstein would probably facepalm at how stupid the world is.

Who am I? Who are YOU?
03-06-2009 06:27 AM
Pieman Offline
Pie Deity

Given 28 thank(s) in 23 post(s)

He'd observed the world. Sit down, and kill himself. Because his inventions and research made his time and education AWESOME, but then look at what it's turned to. There's no way it can be fixed.

" I never knew until that moment how bad it could hurt to lose something you never really had. " ~From the television show The Wonder Years
03-06-2009 07:10 AM
whistlingwings Offline
Revolutionary

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

I'd like to think that Einstein would appeal to the world of scientists and humanitarians to aid in fixing the world's problems - he was very much a pacifist if you read some of his old interviews. Actually, that goes the same for anyone - "if they were alive today" - look at how they were while they were still alive! The times don't change that much as we're necessarily led to believe.
03-06-2009 09:39 AM
Amortisatie Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 16 post(s)

He would look around, see the school systems, then go on a tyrade destoying everything in his path Wasntme

Yes I know he was a pacifist

[Image: spooky-1.jpg]

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
― Neil deGrasse Tyson
03-22-2009 07:56 AM
Swift Offline
Fanatic

Given 9 thank(s) in 8 post(s)

|55555| Wrote:Einstein would probably facepalm at how stupid the world is.

What 5 said.

"I heard a joke once. Man goes to doctor says "I'm terribly depressed". Doctor says "I know just what you should do. Poliacci the clown is in town, go see him, you'll be cheered right up." The man bursts into tears. "But Doctor, I am Poliacci." Funny joke. Roll on snare drum. Everyone laugh."

-Rorschach

[Image: BANANAMAN.gif]
03-23-2009 05:21 AM
PunchingYou Offline
Revolutionary

posters @ my school...

Quote:EVEN EINSTEIN

<pic of Einstein>

ASKED QUESTIONS

...fail horribly

JESUS SAVES... ON THE PRICE OF DETERGALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!!
03-24-2009 01:25 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Quote:EVEN EINSTEIN

<pic of Einstein>

HAD A LEARNING DISORDER

Fix'd.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
03-26-2009 04:36 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sick Silent Offline
Revolutionary

He'd shoot himself after a few days, seeing how society has degenerated, and how most people are stupid, or just plain retarded. Before that, he'd try to fix the world, and discover a whole lot of crap.

"After 2001, the only Bush I trust is my own" - Bumper Sticker
"In my world, everybody's a pony. They eat rainbows and poop butterflies. AHHHHHHH" - Katie
"In my world, everybody's a computer. They eat Ethernet cables and poop USB drives" - Sick Silent
"If Wikipedia's a lie, then the whole world is a lie"

▲
▲  ▲ got triforce?
03-31-2009 09:19 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Number11 Offline
Renegade

Given 4 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

[intelligent response="non-existent"] He'd be rilly old, lemons on lemurs! [/response]

[Image: th-9_just-douche-it-adbusters.jpg]
03-31-2009 11:10 AM
Leon Kinotolian Offline
Admincat

Given 11 thank(s) in 9 post(s)

Unfortunately, if you consider the possibility that Albert Einstein could've lived beyond his stated death, you'd realize that chances are, he would've died in the 80s. He was born in 1879. Were he somehow alive now, he'd more than likely be a decrepit 130-year-old man with considerable intellect, but no longer possessing the ability to utilize it, and therefore lacking the ability to comprehend the world around him beyond that of his home.

However, suppose Einstein at the height of his genius was present in the modern era... In my opinion, he would doubtlessly be disgusted by the school system, religion, various things. He might even make attempts at changing peoples' opinions, as the topic poster asks, and perhaps succeed. Still, we cannot know for certain without the usage of a time machine.

*Tentaclerape*
Hidden stuff:
The Desert Fox Wrote:
Rebelnerd Wrote:Avatar was an inside job.
For $9.11 I'll give you an inside job.
Raikuron Wrote:Okay. I fail. DISREGARD THAT EVERYONE, I SUCK COCKS!
BaronVonStrangle Wrote:fox you should take everything mystery says with a pinch of salt

and by pinch of salt i actually mean you need to build a fucking salt processing plant so you have enough salt to dispell the bullshit
04-02-2009 02:04 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  If something was never alive, is it dead? Asder Miller 20 14,384 02-07-2013 05:01 AM
Last Post: Miller0700
  You were dead and alive millions of times before. Reptorian 30 13,074 08-25-2012 01:17 PM
Last Post: IamNoone
  Religious persecution alive and well.. amizon 21 6,022 02-14-2008 03:55 AM
Last Post: thewake