RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Religion
ContinuityMistake Offline
Rebel

Given 11 thank(s) in 9 post(s)
RE: Religion

(11-10-2012 09:28 AM)zagix Wrote:  If you wish to learn, please stop constructing delusions. Begin by breathing slowly, and focusing on the sensation of breath, and nothing but the breath. Count slowly, and maintain this practice and focus.

If you wish to learn, please use reputable sources. I suggest reading thermodynamics to start off learning. Macroscopic thermodynamics can tell you about heat currents which are just as exciting as the spirits you speak of, and unlike spirits, macroscopic thermodynamics is empirically verifiable.

See, what you are doing is trying to change the way I think. I have stated over and over that we are BOTH entitled to our opinions but you are not seeming to understand that concept.

Okay, now I will get into things that happened to me that don't hold a rational explanation.

I have mentioned in a comment to someone else that I have seen demonic possession first hand. While that was happening, my friend side started burning, she lifted up her shirt and there was blood running down her stomach but there was no break in the skin. We checked clean off the blood, checked the area and nothing. Not a scratch.

I've also seen things move in front of me by themselves. Of course inanimate objects can not travel across the floor or fly across the room by themselves. It makes more sense to think someone did those things.

My sister has caught the face of a ghost on camera. It wasn't her face or the face of anyone she knows who is living. I have seen this photo.

Also, I was hanging out with my aforementioned friend, we had a bonfire going. Before we started the fire, we checked the fire pit, all that was in there was ash and sticks. We had the fire going and we were discussing this girl who had cursed my friend. Later, we were putting out the fire and my friend pokes it with a stick and the wad of long blonde hair appears. It was NOT there before, we checked thoroughly. This wasn't our hair. We were both brunettes at the time. It looked like the hair of the girl we were speaking about.

I am not claiming to know everything about the universe because I don't, but you need to knock off this attitude of superiority. You do not know everything either. No humans fully do.

I don't care what you think, you are entitled to your opinions. But PLEASE, remember that i am too.

"And I get so blue when I'm stuck all day in school
And I stare at the back of my old notebook
And the teacher gives me a dirty look
And I've got just one thing on my mind
No matter how hard I try and try
I feel like someone else"

- Danny Elfman Fu
11-10-2012 09:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
zagix Offline
Banned

Given 32 thank(s) in 25 post(s)
Religion

Psychosis and Schizophrenia is insidious and possibly genetically based.

I'm not superior in any way; I'm trying to help you be free of delusion.
11-10-2012 09:47 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Quote:Besides, what IS right and wrong? It's subjective.
I think to some extent there is right and wrong... like hurting people is wrong. On the other hand, getting hurt can help people learn... but then again, that doesn't mean you should go around hurting people on purpose to "help them learn"... where was I? xD

Quote:I only scanned the argument in this thread because fighting really wears me out. There's enough of that already in the world.
lol, I know right. I stopped reading responses in this thread a long time ago. Until you joined in anyway... yay! Fresh perspectives! Woohoo!... xD

Quote:It's not fighting, it's debate. Even some very peaceful people, the Tibetan Buddhists, debate very often. It's a way of clearing oneself from delusion and understanding how the world actually works. Fighting is when you attack people. I wish the best for everyone, and though it is hard to behave well (I mess up very often) I try to say things that will benefit others in some way.

I suggest that you attempt to purify your mind from delusion. Everyone must work hard and commit to finding the truth.

Using the word 'delusion' turns it away from civilized debate and more into the realm of arguing. When I look at this thread I see a whole lot of arguing going on. Some insults, some namecalling. It's definitely not pure debate.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
11-10-2012 09:52 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rebel

(11-10-2012 09:47 AM)zagix Wrote:  Psychosis and Schizophrenia is insidious and possibly genetically based.

I'm not superior in any way; I'm trying to help you be free of delusion.

With those disorders, it's is all in the suffer's head, not anyone elses. I have had people experience these things with me. Obviously, I am not Schizophrenic since other people can not see delusions or hallucinations. That argument that I am crazy is invalid.

Also, people with Psychosis cannot function or have hard trouble with their experiences. I do not. I function well in society, i am not dangerous to myself or anyone else and I am not in fear.

If I do not have trouble functioning, then I do not need help.

Also, I have been checked out by several mental health professionals who agree that I am not insane or delusional.

- Danny Elfman Fu
11-10-2012 09:53 AM
 Thanks given by: SoulRiser
Rebel

Thank you, SoulRiser. I meant right and wrong in terms of perspective. Whether there is a "right" way to view the world or not. Of course, something is wrong if it violates someone else's natural rights. By no means am I disputing that!

- Danny Elfman Fu
11-10-2012 09:57 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Quote:If I do not have trouble functioning, then I do not need help.
This is true.

Also, offering to help people who haven't asked for any help is kind of presumptuous. Especially when you don't really know them.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer

Hidden stuff:
11-10-2012 09:58 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rebel

(11-10-2012 09:58 AM)SoulRiser Wrote:  
Quote:If I do not have trouble functioning, then I do not need help.
This is true.

Also, offering to help people who haven't asked for any help is kind of presumptuous. Especially when you don't really know them.

Exactly. I feel like I have stated that a few times. Also, we can never fully understand what another person is going through. I will not act like I know what he is experiencing in his life nor will I tell him he is crazy or wrong. I expect that same respect.
It IS a superior attitude to belief that you have all the answers to the point of giving another person unsolicited help.
Like I've said in the past, I grew up as a Jehovah's Witness and that is the focal point of the religion. That mentality really irks me.

- Danny Elfman Fu
11-10-2012 10:05 AM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

Given 160 thank(s) in 104 post(s)

Quote:See, what you are doing is trying to change the way I think.
Sometime changing peoples' minds is a good thing. If someone believed something that would lead to the harm of themselves or others, would you not strive to help them?

Quote:we are BOTH entitled to our opinions
He isn't taking that away from you, he's trying to convince you to change it yourself. You see all this decision-making and opinion changing? You're the one that's doing it; only you can change your mind. So when someone shows you something that contradicts what you say and you shift your views, that's all you. Its a side-effect of having an open-mind. Only closed-minded people refuse to change their opinions without even considering or thinking about alternatives.

Quote:Okay, now I will get into things that happened to me that don't hold a rational explanation.
Riveting tale, chap! Can't wait to hear it, but before I do, please read this: http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Occam%27s_razor

Quote:I have mentioned in a comment to someone else that I have seen demonic possession first hand. While that was happening, my friend side started burning, she lifted up her shirt and there was blood running down her stomach but there was no break in the skin. We checked clean off the blood, checked the area and nothing. Not a scratch.

I've also seen things move in front of me by themselves. Of course inanimate objects can not travel across the floor or fly across the room by themselves. It makes more sense to think someone did those things.

My sister has caught the face of a ghost on camera. It wasn't her face or the face of anyone she knows who is living. I have seen this photo.

Also, I was hanging out with my aforementioned friend, we had a bonfire going. Before we started the fire, we checked the fire pit, all that was in there was ash and sticks. We had the fire going and we were discussing this girl who had cursed my friend. Later, we were putting out the fire and my friend pokes it with a stick and the wad of long blonde hair appears. It was NOT there before, we checked thoroughly. This wasn't our hair. We were both brunettes at the time. It looked like the hair of the girl we were speaking about.
Heard it before. Sad. I thought it was going to be something new. No matter...

Remember that article I linked you to? Read it? Good. So, by the principle of Occam's razor, which do you feel is more plausible; that your back-stabbing caniving Jehovah's Witness friends who only care about keeping you in their cult deliberately convinced your "friend" to fake a demonic possession and use fake blood (those are some low-quality special effects, but convincing nonetheless) to scare you into staying in their cult -OR- could it be it was the result of "divine intervention of some magic man in the sky, god!"? Is it more likely that objects move on their own without scientific data to explain it -OR- you simply have trouble with your eyes due to a documented and explained scientific account of "Apparent Movement"? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apparent_motion ) Is it more likely you found a real live ghost in a picture -OR- it was Photoshopped in, or perhaps not a face but a collection of fuzzy visual artifacts made from various random objects such as paper? Is it more likely random wigs appear in fires because of dead people seeking revenge etc. -OR- because one of your friends decided to pull a quick prank on you and scare you so they could laugh about you behind you back later? (Friends are real dicks, huh?)

Never jump to supernatural conclusions when physical ones will suffice.

Hidden stuff:
TRIGGER WARNING: THIS TRIGGER WARNING CONTAINS TRIGGER WARNINGS!

Dear Tumblrites: Despite your wrongly self-diagnosed PTSD, no line of scientific evidence suggests people can be triggered over the internet. Triggering works through the senses (i.e. smell, taste, touch, vision, hearing.) but it goes through real time; if you're not experiencing it in real life as it's ACTUALLY HAPPENING in your ACTUAL life, you CANNOT be triggered. The only exception to this is if you have a seizure, but then again, that's triggered by epilepsy (i.e. rapidly-changing flashing lights) NOT PTSD. Remembering a bad incident is NOT the same thing as having a flashback. When you remember, you think; when you flashback, you feel.

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

[Image: violator_blackbg_110x32.gif]
Max Stirnir Wrote:"In the time of spirits thoughts grew till they overtopped my head, whose offspring they yet were; they hovered about me and convulsed me like fever-phantasies -- an awful power. The thoughts had become corporeal on their own account, were ghosts, e. g. God, Emperor, Pope, Fatherland, etc. If I destroy their corporeity, then I take them back into mine, and say: "I alone am corporeal." And now I take the world as what it is to me, as mine, as my property; I refer all to myself." The Ego and Its Own, pg. 15
Charles Manson Wrote:“Look down at me and you see a fool;
look up at me and you see a god;
look straight at me and you see yourself”
HeartofShadows Wrote:"Life is nothing more than a druggie trying to get their quick fix of happiness while dealing with the harsh withdrawal of reality"
Osip Mandelstam Wrote:"I divide all of world literature into authorized and unauthorized works. The former are all trash; the latter--stolen air. I want to spit in the face of every writer who first obtains permission and then writes." The Fourth Prose, 1930.
Lukas Foss Wrote:That is why the analogy of stealing does not work. With a thief, we want to know how much money he stole, and from whom. With the artist it is not how much he took and from whom, but what he did with it.
PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
 Pirate Join the crew!Pirate
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2012 10:10 AM by Sociopath.)
11-10-2012 10:09 AM
 Thanks given by: zagix , Miller0700
Rebel

(11-10-2012 10:09 AM)Sociopath Wrote:  
Quote:See, what you are doing is trying to change the way I think.
Sometime changing peoples' minds is a good thing. If someone believed something that would lead to the harm of themselves or others, would you not strive to help them?

Quote:we are BOTH entitled to our opinions
He isn't taking that away from you, he's trying to convince you to change it yourself. You see all this decision-making and opinion changing? You're the one that's doing it; only you can change your mind. So when someone shows you something that contradicts what you say and you shift your views, that's all you. Its a side-effect of having an open-mind. Only closed-minded people refuse to change their opinions without even considering or thinking about alternatives.

Quote:Okay, now I will get into things that happened to me that don't hold a rational explanation.
Riveting tale, chap! Can't wait to hear it, but before I do, please read this: http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Occam%27s_razor

Quote:I have mentioned in a comment to someone else that I have seen demonic possession first hand. While that was happening, my friend side started burning, she lifted up her shirt and there was blood running down her stomach but there was no break in the skin. We checked clean off the blood, checked the area and nothing. Not a scratch.

Heard it before. Sad. I thought it was going to be something new. No matter...

Remember that article I linked you to? Read it? Good. So, by the principle of Occam's razor, which do you feel is more plausible; that your back-stabbing caniving Jehovah's Witness friends who only care about keeping you in their cult deliberately convinced your "friend" to fake a demonic possession and use fake blood (those are some low-quality special effects, but convincing nonetheless) to scare you into staying in their cult -OR- could it be it was the result of "divine intervention of some magic man in the sky, god!"? Is it more likely that objects move on their own without scientific data to explain it -OR- you simply have trouble with your eyes due to a documented and explained scientific account of "Apparent Movement"? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apparent_motion ) Is it more likely you found a real live ghost in a picture -OR- it was Photoshopped in, or perhaps not a face but a collection of fuzzy visual artifacts made from various random objects such as paper? Is it more likely random wigs appear in fires because of dead people seeking revenge etc. -OR- because one of your friends decided to pull a quick prank on you and scare you so they could laugh about you behind you back later? (Friends are real dicks, huh?)

Never jump to supernatural conclusions when physical ones will suffice.

I was THERE. I SAW all of this. I have not been associated with Jehovah Witnessess since I was thirteen. i have moved to a completely different town and met completely new people...

- Danny Elfman Fu
11-10-2012 10:14 AM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

Like Richard Dawkins says "The human mind is extremely susceptible to delusion."

I'm afraid you have been lied to. Hard.

Look, we hold onto these little "delusions" because they "blow our minds" so to speak. We use them as a rationale to justify the possibility of a supernatural entity like god or other mysterious "magical" things. You're not alone. Remember when I said "Heard it"? Yeah, you're not the only one this has happened to.

When I was a kid, our church went into chaos one day when my friend fell on the floor, started rolling around, speaking incoherently and rummaging around and, wouldn't ya know it, he started "bleeding" as well and crying and all that crap (sound familiar so far?) anyways, *eventually* (as in, after he had made a spectacle of himself for all to gasp in horror) our minister came down, put his hands on him, spoke some bible verses and suddenly he stopped crying and "bleeding" and crap. Holy shit! He exorcised a demon! Right? Wrong.

About a few years later when I decided to investigate (I was questioning my beliefs at this time and wanted to get to the truth) I confronted him about it. Wouldn't ya know, it was all a lie. He confessed the minister payed him to fake a "demonic possession" so he could get paid money to see his "miracles" and made ALOT of money scamming the town because of crazy parents worried their kids might be possessed by a demon. Are you reading this? It was all a lie. All of it. A lie.

I thought this was a terrible thing and he should go to prison, but he moved when the cash crop dried up. Then I heard a kid over at the next town said the same thing happened to him at his church. And the cycle of abuse and lies continues.

Do you see how dangerous this is? Do you not see how exploitative this is? They fake this for fear and loyalty to the church, and for personal profit? It's sickening.

Face it. You were lied to. You trusted them, they took that trust and exploited it for their gain. They don't care about you, all they care about is their money and their imaginary god, and their power. This is why religion needs to die. It holds a terrible influence. Our parents and communities lie to us on a daily basis, whether its drugs, alcohol, sex, morality, religion, Easter bunny, or Santa Claus, its all BULLSHIT. The sooner you wise up and clear this shit out of your mind, the better

Hidden stuff:

Dear Tumblrites: Despite your wrongly self-diagnosed PTSD, no line of scientific evidence suggests people can be triggered over the internet. Triggering works through the senses (i.e. smell, taste, touch, vision, hearing.) but it goes through real time; if you're not experiencing it in real life as it's ACTUALLY HAPPENING in your ACTUAL life, you CANNOT be triggered. The only exception to this is if you have a seizure, but then again, that's triggered by epilepsy (i.e. rapidly-changing flashing lights) NOT PTSD. Remembering a bad incident is NOT the same thing as having a flashback. When you remember, you think; when you flashback, you feel.

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

Max Stirnir Wrote:"In the time of spirits thoughts grew till they overtopped my head, whose offspring they yet were; they hovered about me and convulsed me like fever-phantasies -- an awful power. The thoughts had become corporeal on their own account, were ghosts, e. g. God, Emperor, Pope, Fatherland, etc. If I destroy their corporeity, then I take them back into mine, and say: "I alone am corporeal." And now I take the world as what it is to me, as mine, as my property; I refer all to myself." The Ego and Its Own, pg. 15
HeartofShadows Wrote:"Life is nothing more than a druggie trying to get their quick fix of happiness while dealing with the harsh withdrawal of reality"
Osip Mandelstam Wrote:"I divide all of world literature into authorized and unauthorized works. The former are all trash; the latter--stolen air. I want to spit in the face of every writer who first obtains permission and then writes." The Fourth Prose, 1930.
Lukas Foss Wrote:That is why the analogy of stealing does not work. With a thief, we want to know how much money he stole, and from whom. With the artist it is not how much he took and from whom, but what he did with it.
PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2012 10:58 AM by Sociopath.)
11-10-2012 10:41 AM
 Thanks given by: zagix
IamNoone Offline
Pro Procrastinator

Given 63 thank(s) in 46 post(s)

(11-10-2012 06:52 AM)Sociopath Wrote:  
(11-10-2012 06:50 AM)IamNoone Wrote:  
(11-09-2012 06:07 AM)Sociopath Wrote:  
Quote:No I was just wondering. I heard of one case where the girl insisted on these memories she had and eventually her parents drove her to the place, talked to the relatives of the person whose memory the girl had, and found out it was all accurate. Then my dad brought up a similar experience, which reminded me of the first one.

I just personally think it is one of the few things that skirt the edges of our understanding.

That and the whole weird thing with the way our brain makes descisions that effect the past.
Please read this: http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Anecdote#An...l_evidence

Quote:How come everyone on this site is Republican except me?
AHAHAHAHA YOU BEST BE FUCKING JOKING NIGGER

Thought Criminal and I are anarchists. Fox is a minarchist. Wez is a capitalist. HoS is apolitical, and I don't know about everyone else. But to say we're "republican" is ridiculous.
I dont even see how that's related, tbh.

And holy fuck you still aren't over that anarchy bullshit?
I thought we talked about it.
It would just be warlords with gangs that take over everything.
However minimal, we need some type of government.

Clearly you know nothing about the subject and I don't believe we've ever discussed it. Plenty of examples throughout history of anarchy were quite nice and didn't have "warlords and gangs" bullshit you're talking about. government is oppressive and bad, m'kay? We don't need it.

the fuck do you mean "its not related"? That's bullshit; you heard some bad acid trip complete lie of a story and you *want* to believe it because you're disgruntled with life and want to believe religious lies that there's "more out there." No there isn't. This is it. Get used to it or off yourself.
Im just saying I don't see how anecdotal evidence relates, the other shit you posted made sense on context, but anecdotal evidence really didn't. I'm not asserting that I am right.

Honestly, I feel bad for you sometimes. Your logic is usually right, don't get me wrong, but you are just so dead and bitter inside. I really feel bad for you :(

The purpose of life is a life with a purpose
So I’d rather die for a cause than live a life that is worthless
I don’t need the circus or the day of national observance
I need you to think for you and stop being a servant
-Immortal Technique, The Martyr, The Martyr
11-10-2012 11:36 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

Given 83 thank(s) in 67 post(s)

I am agnostic, I dont believe that god or anything like that exists but I dont believe it doesnt exist either. I always wonder, if there is a god, wouldnt we know about him by now? That seems to be the way most stuff happens, it just slips one day or another. And if there is a god, he must hate my ass for one reason or another, because he made me live with the idiot for almost 14 years, have her bustoutta prison have her tie me to the bed and have the buikdimg burn. I nearly died, an danyone who does that to me has to hate my ass. Everybody says god loves us, but after all the shit he did to me, I dont think so. But on the flip side, I have no fucking idea how the hell we would exist. And maybe god is a decently kept seceret. Maybe he will somehow even it out for those who sufferd. Rebirth, maybe? If there was a god though, wouldnt he just fess up si there will be no "holey" wars like the crusades.
11-10-2012 01:17 PM
AtheistLGBTQAnarchist Offline
Peace Loving Blood Lover

Given 47 thank(s) in 36 post(s)
Religion

If gods were real Yahweh wouldn't of made it so that humans do what they're told not to do like have sex before they're married is a sin but they do it anyway. It's like saying don't panic, everyone panics. Not exactly the most intelligent design. I am Atheist and now even though still only recently converted now heavily disbelieve in gods. I shall no longer put the g in god in a capital letter even if it's the first word in a sentence! I will not listen to Christians that believe you can't kill unless someone aka their magical ego tells them to even though their little egos made it a sin so you might even go to hell listening to your ego because your ego told you so and let people still think their religion is intelligent. Christianity is most highly illogical to me because there is just something odd about a magical fairy creating the universe for only because he is bored or just for no reason because people believe he needs no one and then makes weaker copies of himself and rights rules that his tiny selves will break and then burn in lava as tiny tiny gods.

Congratulations humanity,because you refuse to let go of the old and evolve you actually make people believe in 2012. Not only that, but you're the only species on Earth that were able to make it possible, now we get to sit until we die because we couldn't get to Mars. We have failed as a society and don't deserve our gifts to survive for this long. Maybe this is why dinosaurs are extinct, we sure aren't any better than the dirt you say we're created from. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...DvwSOFto#! Noo

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
-Albert Einstein

"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither."
-Benjamin Franklin
11-10-2012 02:22 PM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Given 1469 thank(s) in 972 post(s)

(11-10-2012 02:22 PM)AmericanAtheistAnarchist Wrote:  Yahweh wouldn't of made it so that humans do what they're told not to do like have sex before they're married is a sin but they do it anyway.
Oh, heaven help us! We're expected to be responsibly abstinent, oh noes. What are we going to do?

...You really crack me up sometimes. Biggrin

Public Service Announcement: First world problems are still problems.
11-10-2012 04:02 PM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

Continuity mistake, zagix is a major troll here. Try to ignore him, he trolls everyone.
11-10-2012 10:47 PM
zagix Offline
Banned

Given 32 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

I don't troll you, oh sexily abused 14 year old of Detroit
11-11-2012 12:33 AM
Peace Loving Blood Lover

Religion

Did you know cutting your hair was a sin?

Congratulations humanity,because you refuse to let go of the old and evolve you actually make people believe in 2012. Not only that, but you're the only species on Earth that were able to make it possible, now we get to sit until we die because we couldn't get to Mars. We have failed as a society and don't deserve our gifts to survive for this long. Maybe this is why dinosaurs are extinct, we sure aren't any better than the dirt you say we're created from. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...DvwSOFto#! Noo

-Albert Einstein

-Benjamin Franklin
11-11-2012 01:35 AM
Peace Loving Blood Lover

Religion

The bible was made by gay hating sexist men. Read it and find out.

-Albert Einstein

-Benjamin Franklin
11-11-2012 02:24 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Religion

All hail Sociopath, knower of everything, and saviour of us all!
Notworthy

Hidden stuff:
11-11-2012 07:11 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

(11-11-2012 12:33 AM)zagix Wrote:  I don't troll you, oh sexily abused 14 year old of Detroit
you did when you were being super creepy. And did tou mean to say sexually abused, because it is physically impissible for mom to rape me. If you meant somehing else, what was it?
11-11-2012 01:21 PM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

(11-11-2012 07:11 AM)SoulRiser Wrote:  All hail Sociopath, knower of everything, and saviour of us all!
Notworthy
Who is sociopath?
11-11-2012 01:21 PM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

Quote:Im just saying I don't see how anecdotal evidence relates
You told a story of some girl with other peoples' memories and I said that what you heard was anecdotal evidence. That's how it relates.

Quote:Honestly, I feel bad for you sometimes. Your logic is usually right, don't get me wrong, but you are just so dead and bitter inside. I really feel bad for you :(
Don't waste emotional power on such things as pity. I am perfectly content. Isn't my being content enough for you to be content as your emotional state and leave well-enough alone?

Quote:All hail Sociopath, knower of everything, and saviour of us all!
I state no such thing. It is no crime to think clearly and let yourself be influenced.

Quote:Who is sociopath?
That would be me.

Hidden stuff:

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
11-11-2012 01:31 PM
IamNoone Offline
Pro Procrastinator

Emotional power? Lol wut?

I don't see how you know as much as you do and feel "content."
Unless you define "content" on passing life occuppying yourself with trivialities and wasting your intelligence in some dead end fucking job.
Whatever works for you.

11-11-2012 02:10 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Quote:I am perfectly content. Isn't my being content enough for you to be content as your emotional state and leave well-enough alone?
Hey, that goes both ways.

Hidden stuff:
11-11-2012 10:28 PM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

(11-11-2012 07:11 AM)SoulRiser Wrote:  All hail Sociopath, knower of everything, and saviour of us all!
Notworthy
Something tells me soulriser is bein sarcastic.
11-12-2012 12:29 AM
Peace Loving Blood Lover

Religion

He's not even on the 6th page... wait never mind I scrolled and checked. Back to Heiling.

-Albert Einstein

-Benjamin Franklin
11-12-2012 01:02 AM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

(11-11-2012 02:10 PM)IamNoone Wrote:  Emotional power? Lol wut?

I don't see how you know as much as you do and feel "content."
Unless you define "content" on passing life occuppying yourself with trivialities and wasting your intelligence in some dead end fucking job.
Whatever works for you.

I said "emotional state" not "emotional power."

I do feel content. The reason you differ is because you haven't my brain state nor mind.I do not think these are trivialities, I think them to be deep philosophical issues that must be addressed, and I haven't a job yet.

Quote:He's not even on the 6th page... wait never mind I scrolled and checked. Back to Heiling.
This thread is only 4 pages so far.

Hidden stuff:

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2012 05:13 AM by Sociopath.)
11-12-2012 05:12 AM
IamNoone Offline
Pro Procrastinator

I mean I meant trivialities as in wasting time on things that merely entertain you, not necessarily this. I just assumed you have a job because i could have sworn you mentioned you were older sometime in the past. And you said emotional power, I just checked the post.

Again, if you do not feel frustrated by knowing all that I assume you know and are unable to make a change or do something meaningful with the knowledge, then you have died inside.

11-12-2012 01:00 PM
Ahab Offline
Machine Gnome

Given 25 thank(s) in 17 post(s)

(11-12-2012 01:00 PM)IamNoone Wrote:  I mean I meant trivialities as in wasting time on things that merely entertain you, not necessarily this. I just assumed you have a job because i could have sworn you mentioned you were older sometime in the past. And you said emotional power, I just checked the post.

Again, if you do not feel frustrated by knowing all that I assume you know and are unable to make a change or do something meaningful with the knowledge, then you have died inside.

Define "meaningful."

"If you think you know what the hell is going on, you're probably full of shit." - Robert Anton Wilson
11-13-2012 02:10 AM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

Quote:I mean I meant trivialities as in wasting time on things that merely entertain you, not necessarily this.
My ADHD makes it hard to concentrate but I do strive to study most of the time and argue in order to practice and perfect my reasoning skills.

Quote:And you said emotional power, I just checked the post.
Oh. Well I meant to say emotional state.

Quote:Again, if you do not feel frustrated by knowing all that I assume you know and are unable to make a change or do something meaningful with the knowledge, then you have died inside.

There are 2 types of constraints: Internal and External.

Internal constraint: "I cannot rob the woman because my code of ethics forbids me."

External constraint: "I cannot rob the woman because she is not near enough to me to do so."
-
Internal constraint: "I cannot save the drowning man because I believe him to be evil and I cannot help those who are evil."

External constraint: "I cannot save the man from drowning because I cannot swim myself."
-
Internal constraint: "I cannot enlighten the world with my knowledge because I hate the world and do not wish to make it a better place."

External constraint: "I cannot enlighten the world with my knowledge because I haven't the time, money, social status, knowledge of how to go about such a thing, nor opportunities."

...which do you think is more likely?

Hidden stuff:

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
11-13-2012 02:23 AM
 Thanks given by: Miller0700