RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hi. its lizzy
elizabethmarhors Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
hi. its lizzy

im new and i wanted to say hi.

how do u like my cat signature thingy i think its cool
l
l
V

[Image: funny-cat-sm.jpg]
03-11-2009 08:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pieman Offline
Pie Deity

Given 28 thank(s) in 23 post(s)
Re: hi. its lizzy

..didn't you already introduce yourself? Confused I thought it was in a story or something.

" I never knew until that moment how bad it could hurt to lose something you never really had. " ~From the television show The Wonder Years
03-11-2009 08:46 AM
elizabethmarhors Offline
Rebel

The Man Of Pie Wrote:..didn't you already introduce yourself? Confused I thought it was in a story or something.
i did start a story but this is the 1st time i introduced myself on this forum

03-11-2009 08:56 AM
Sunbourn Offline
Proud crazy cat man

Given 289 thank(s) in 192 post(s)

Welcome

Who am I? Who are YOU?
03-11-2009 09:56 AM
MM Offline
Fanatic

Given 7 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

HI
03-11-2009 10:08 AM
classclown Offline
Fanatic

Given 7 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

hey and ur cats silly

life is just blah blah blah. we hope for blah, and sometimes we find it. but mostly its blah. and waiting for blah. and hoping you were right about the blahs you made. and when you think you just got the whole blah damn thing figured out, and your surrounded by the ones you blah. death shows up and blah blah blah.
-weeds-

Death may be the greatest of all human blessings. -socrates-

Schooling us to prepare us for the career in need
Not caring about our interests and dreams to heed
03-11-2009 10:10 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Hi. Please tell us what size strait jacket and pirate outfit you require, and what colour parrot you want. Pirate2

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
03-12-2009 06:11 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
random_name Offline
Fanatic

Given 15 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

Hey - i be Sarah. I provide straight jackets. If you hve any remaining sanity, please bin it before entering.

Hidden stuff:
"A 'no' uttered from deepest conviction is better and greater than a 'yes' merely uttered to please, or what is worse, to avoid trouble." - Mahatma Gandhi

"The irrationality of a thing is no argument against its existence, rather a condition of it."

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Ben Franklin

"when I was a kid I used to pray for a bicycle. then I realized that god doesn't work that way. so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness."
"I would rather die for something I believe in than live for anything else."
"What is the task of higher education? To make a man into a machine. What are the means employed? He is taught how to suffer being bored." – F W Nietzsche
[Image: s-event.png]
03-12-2009 06:14 AM
elizabethmarhors Offline
Rebel

SoulRiser Wrote:Hi. Please tell us what size strait jacket and pirate outfit you require, and what colour parrot you want. Pirate2
size small
a orange parrot Bouncey

03-12-2009 06:47 AM
Thought Crimnal Offline
Revolutionary

Given 6 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

*ozzy shows up, bites the head off of your parrot and leaves* uh... Here *hands liz the bird*

Watch on YouTube
03-12-2009 07:09 AM
random_name Offline
Fanatic

elizabethmarhors Wrote:
SoulRiser Wrote:Hi. Please tell us what size strait jacket and pirate outfit you require, and what colour parrot you want. Pirate2
size small
a orange parrot Bouncey

*gives size small straight jacket and orange parrot*

Hidden stuff:
"A 'no' uttered from deepest conviction is better and greater than a 'yes' merely uttered to please, or what is worse, to avoid trouble." - Mahatma Gandhi

"The irrationality of a thing is no argument against its existence, rather a condition of it."

-Ben Franklin

"when I was a kid I used to pray for a bicycle. then I realized that god doesn't work that way. so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness."
"What is the task of higher education? To make a man into a machine. What are the means employed? He is taught how to suffer being bored." – F W Nietzsche
03-12-2009 07:16 AM
Thought Crimnal Offline
Revolutionary

Given 6 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

Uh.. yeah you might want to read my post Sarah...

Watch on YouTube
03-12-2009 07:22 AM
random_name Offline
Fanatic

Yup, sorry =]

Hidden stuff:

-Ben Franklin

03-12-2009 07:26 AM