RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It is I, with a late introduction
Amortisatie Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 16 post(s)
It is I, with a late introduction

Hello all, some of you might know me already, mostly because I just found this forum Biggrin

Well anyway im here to say hello to people who dont know i exist yet Laugh

Well I first found this site when I was in Biology class Yes
I hate homework
I hate school
My parents don't agree with my anti-school views
I can't explain anything to my teachers
My dad and mom say i'm being brainwashed by this site (I shouldnt have told em about it :>_>: )
The only reason I haven't exploded yet is because I unleash my stress through Death and Black Metal Music Twisted
I'm planning on learning how to play drums
I like soccer, drums, shooting people on call of duty Smile , finding out stuff, and creating things
I hate being told what to do, being told i'm wrong when I KNOW im right, retarded brainwashed sheep, and the school system

I don't cause much trouble and I just play along
Im very happy I found SS, I didnt think anyone else thought the way I did

So late hi!

(I highly recommend the song and lyrics of Bon Jovi - Have a Nice Day)

I also seem to have disturbed and twisted traits Cool

[Image: spooky-1.jpg]

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
― Neil deGrasse Tyson
03-23-2009 01:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Albatross Offline
Pariah

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)
Re: It is I, with a late introduction

OMFG! Someone new who can actually type legibly!
03-23-2009 01:05 PM
Amortisatie Offline
Fanatic

Albatross Wrote:OMFG! Someone new who can actually type legibly!

Uhm... thanks?

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
― Neil deGrasse Tyson
03-23-2009 01:05 PM
Sunbourn Offline
Proud crazy cat man

Given 289 thank(s) in 192 post(s)

Quote:The only reason I haven't exploded yet is because I unleash my stress through Death and Black Metal Music
You and me are going to get along just fine.

Who am I? Who are YOU?
03-23-2009 01:06 PM
Albatross Offline
Pariah

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

Sorry I'm an off/on member of this site who frequently leaves because of it's declining overall level of intelligence and seriousness.
03-23-2009 01:07 PM
Amortisatie Offline
Fanatic

|55555| Wrote:
Quote:The only reason I haven't exploded yet is because I unleash my stress through Death and Black Metal Music
You and me are going to get along just fine.

Wootness Buttrock Buttrock Buttrock Buttrock Buttrock

― Neil deGrasse Tyson
03-23-2009 01:07 PM
Amortisatie Offline
Fanatic

Albatross Wrote:Sorry I'm an off/on member of this site who frequently leaves because of it's declining overall level of intelligence and seriousness.

Same, except I stay logged on Biggrin

― Neil deGrasse Tyson
03-23-2009 01:09 PM
MM Offline
Fanatic

Given 7 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

I used to play soccer. I probably played in like a recreational league from when I was like six to ten, then I tried out for my junior-varsity high school team when I was around fourteen (freshman). I hadn't touched a soccer ball in like four years, so I really don't know how I made it. I've never played it since, though.
03-23-2009 01:11 PM
Cilaos Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

I see you live in Louisiana.
What parish?
Perhaps we've met.

I AM A THIEF IN THE NIGHT I WILL SAVE AS MANY AS I CAN

I KEEP THEM IN MY BASEMENT

I TELL THEM I AM THEIR MOMMY NOW
03-23-2009 01:23 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Quote:My dad and mom say i'm being brainwashed by this site (I shouldnt have told em about it :>_>: )
lulz
That sucks.

Also, welcome Biggrin

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
03-23-2009 11:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
random_name Offline
Fanatic

Given 15 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

Hey

Hidden stuff:
"A 'no' uttered from deepest conviction is better and greater than a 'yes' merely uttered to please, or what is worse, to avoid trouble." - Mahatma Gandhi

"The irrationality of a thing is no argument against its existence, rather a condition of it."

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Ben Franklin

"when I was a kid I used to pray for a bicycle. then I realized that god doesn't work that way. so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness."
"I would rather die for something I believe in than live for anything else."
"What is the task of higher education? To make a man into a machine. What are the means employed? He is taught how to suffer being bored." – F W Nietzsche
[Image: s-event.png]
03-24-2009 02:22 AM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

Given 160 thank(s) in 104 post(s)

I think Chao's is a pretty cool guy, eh runs an underground citadel and dosen't afraid of anything!

Hidden stuff:
TRIGGER WARNING: THIS TRIGGER WARNING CONTAINS TRIGGER WARNINGS!

Dear Tumblrites: Despite your wrongly self-diagnosed PTSD, no line of scientific evidence suggests people can be triggered over the internet. Triggering works through the senses (i.e. smell, taste, touch, vision, hearing.) but it goes through real time; if you're not experiencing it in real life as it's ACTUALLY HAPPENING in your ACTUAL life, you CANNOT be triggered. The only exception to this is if you have a seizure, but then again, that's triggered by epilepsy (i.e. rapidly-changing flashing lights) NOT PTSD. Remembering a bad incident is NOT the same thing as having a flashback. When you remember, you think; when you flashback, you feel.

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

[Image: violator_blackbg_110x32.gif]
Max Stirnir Wrote:"In the time of spirits thoughts grew till they overtopped my head, whose offspring they yet were; they hovered about me and convulsed me like fever-phantasies -- an awful power. The thoughts had become corporeal on their own account, were ghosts, e. g. God, Emperor, Pope, Fatherland, etc. If I destroy their corporeity, then I take them back into mine, and say: "I alone am corporeal." And now I take the world as what it is to me, as mine, as my property; I refer all to myself." The Ego and Its Own, pg. 15
Charles Manson Wrote:“Look down at me and you see a fool;
look up at me and you see a god;
look straight at me and you see yourself”
HeartofShadows Wrote:"Life is nothing more than a druggie trying to get their quick fix of happiness while dealing with the harsh withdrawal of reality"
Osip Mandelstam Wrote:"I divide all of world literature into authorized and unauthorized works. The former are all trash; the latter--stolen air. I want to spit in the face of every writer who first obtains permission and then writes." The Fourth Prose, 1930.
Lukas Foss Wrote:That is why the analogy of stealing does not work. With a thief, we want to know how much money he stole, and from whom. With the artist it is not how much he took and from whom, but what he did with it.
PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
 Pirate Join the crew!Pirate
03-24-2009 02:58 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  introduction WiseOne 9 3,829 06-12-2017 06:41 PM
Last Post: the Analogist
  My Introduction HSHARK 9 2,947 04-07-2016 11:50 AM
Last Post: schoolsux
  Introduction Dmytro Dragon 10 3,419 07-11-2015 07:01 AM
Last Post: Dikont5