RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My School Rules
gore goroth Offline
trollface abbath

Given 74 thank(s) in 52 post(s)
RE: My School Rules

(10-15-2011 03:30 PM)Phrozen_Soul Wrote:  Our teachers aren't as bad as yours, but they're getting tweaked. The principle is threatening to bump the F up to 70, assigned seats up the whazoo, and silence in lunch and in the buses.

[Image: this-angry-outrage-canoe-Kayak-1276133504n.jpg]

[Image: 1127%20-%20animated_gif%20crazy_frog%20d...mortal.gif]
10-15-2011 04:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

Given 57 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

(10-15-2011 03:30 PM)Phrozen_Soul Wrote:  Our teachers aren't as bad as yours, but they're getting tweaked. The principle is threatening to bump the F up to 70, assigned seats up the whazoo, and silence in lunch and in the buses.

What you mean, 60 is passing?

Life is good. Jeta është e mirë. Goingcrazy
Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

Zoidberg: What is it, already? What's the cause of your anger?
Leela: I guess I would have to say, I hate you!
10-15-2011 04:39 PM
Phrozen_Soul Offline
From Now Until Velociraptor

Given 4 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

(10-15-2011 04:39 PM)Prince Rilian Wrote:  

Currently a 68 is a D-

"Ask them no more questions, never hear them lying"

People say the problem with me is I have psychotic tendencies and care not about other human beings I don't like and or know. So?
10-16-2011 12:28 AM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

Given 57 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

(10-16-2011 12:28 AM)Phrozen_Soul Wrote:  
(10-15-2011 04:39 PM)Prince Rilian Wrote:  

Currently a 68 is a D-

At my schools, the lowest passing grade was always 70. Except for in Kindergarten and the first half of 1st grade, because we didn't really get grades, we got these stupid subjective ratings of our behaviour called E, A, S, N, U, and maybe there was an I too? I can't remember.

Life is good. Jeta është e mirë. Goingcrazy
Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

Zoidberg: What is it, already? What's the cause of your anger?
Leela: I guess I would have to say, I hate you!
10-16-2011 02:53 AM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

Given 137 thank(s) in 84 post(s)

(10-16-2011 02:53 AM)Prince Rilian Wrote:  At my schools, the lowest passing grade was always 70. Except for in Kindergarten and the first half of 1st grade, because we didn't really get grades, we got these stupid subjective ratings of our behaviour called E, A, S, N, U, and maybe there was an I too? I can't remember.

Ratings for behavior? Cuckoo

Previously known as Derchin.
11-11-2011 11:58 PM
Luizao876 Offline
Everyone's favorite Huezillian

Given 22 thank(s) in 17 post(s)

Wow, this school is worse than mine in appearance restrictions.
Hope you survice this :O
*survive*
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2011 10:27 AM by Luizao876.)
11-12-2011 10:27 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

Given 68 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

Oh shit, and I thought my uniform was bad. Whoever wrote that had something HUGE stuck up their ass...
11-15-2011 04:53 AM
Horrid Dreamer Offline
Raw fish person

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

Fun fact: my school is worse than this.

Is adult entertainment killing our children? or is killing our children entertaining our adults?
-Marilyn Manson
12-02-2011 01:11 PM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

Can't be. What's it like?

12-02-2011 01:15 PM
Horrid Dreamer Offline
Raw fish person

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

Trust me, it is. I've kinda gotten used to it. (sad I know)
I'd love to link you to the website so you can see for yourself, but that could cause problems, so here goes.

Basically a Strict catholic private school. Everything is organized, orderly and structured it's ridiculous.
Rules are like yours, except:
-all boys school (hang on... if the Catholic Church is anti-gay, why are their schools single sex?)
- almost no social interaction with other schools/girls (we're even told not to socialize on the buses to and from school)

-Stricter uniform policy than yours, plus we have to buy it all from the school for a few hundred dollars. If you have one part of your uniform wrong, instant detention.
Black, leather, polished, lace up shoes
Black belt
Tie (yes we have a tie) and top shirt button are to be done up neatly at all times
Shirt tucked in at all times
all articles of clothing not provided by the school must conform to the college colours
-Hair is to be short and neat; should not cover the eyes, ears or collar, no prominent styling is permitted
-We can't do much without permission of a teacher, we are not allowed to talk back (meaning question them or answer to in the wrong tone of voice, etc)

-Mobile phones are banned, as are iPods. If either of these items are carried be students, they are to be turned off and concealed. If a phone is heard, is being used during classtime, or seen by a teacher, it will be taken from the student for 2 weeks.
-Detentions are: Weekday(after school for an hour and a half, writing) and Weekend ( three hours writing, on Saturday morning, in full uniform) Teachers can give you detentions for any little thing they feel like.
-Seating is in alphabetical order
-If students are unable to comply with any school regulations (e.g uniform) for a legitimate reason, then a written note to the headmaster is required.
-So Catholic its ridiculous. (I'll expand on this later)

Alright, that was just a bit of this, mostly what I could think of off the top of my head. We have so many regulations it's not funny. I'll post everything else tomorrow, it's really late and I need to sleep, just wanted to get this out of the way.

Sorry for the late reply, btw, had a lot of stuff happening.

Is adult entertainment killing our children? or is killing our children entertaining our adults?
-Marilyn Manson
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2011 02:42 AM by Horrid Dreamer.)
12-12-2011 02:40 AM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

Virtually just like my school.

12-12-2011 05:40 AM
The Shadowman Offline
Kane lives!

Given 11 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

Wow, when i compare my school rules and your school rules, it seems like my school is the land of the free and your school is a fascist dictatorship. Luckily, i also haven't got a uniform in my school, you can sit wherever you want, wear whatever you like unless it is ridiculously offensive or bizarre, smoke (but not in the school buildings), use mobile phones and ipods in breaks (but it is very easy to use them in lessons), and, best of all, there are NO net restrictions!
12-12-2011 04:18 PM
Efs Offline
Fanatic

Given 101 thank(s) in 70 post(s)

(12-12-2011 04:18 PM)The Shadowman Wrote:  Wow, when i compare my school rules and your school rules, it seems like my school is the land of the free and your school is a fascist dictatorship. Luckily, i also haven't got a uniform in my school, you can sit wherever you want, wear whatever you like unless it is ridiculously offensive or bizarre, smoke (but not in the school buildings), use mobile phones and ipods in breaks (but it is very easy to use them in lessons), and, best of all, there are NO net restrictions!

What country is this?

(01-10-2012 02:15 PM)Maelstrom Wrote:  Efs, your nihilism is beautiful.
12-12-2011 04:29 PM
The Shadowman Offline
Kane lives!

Given 11 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

(12-12-2011 04:29 PM)Efs Wrote:  
(12-12-2011 04:18 PM)The Shadowman Wrote:  Wow, when i compare my school rules and your school rules, it seems like my school is the land of the free and your school is a fascist dictatorship. Luckily, i also haven't got a uniform in my school, you can sit wherever you want, wear whatever you like unless it is ridiculously offensive or bizarre, smoke (but not in the school buildings), use mobile phones and ipods in breaks (but it is very easy to use them in lessons), and, best of all, there are NO net restrictions!

What country is this?

The Netherlands, home of the free!
12-13-2011 02:17 AM
Efs Offline
Fanatic

(12-13-2011 02:17 AM)The Shadowman Wrote:  
(12-12-2011 04:29 PM)Efs Wrote:  

What country is this?

The Netherlands, home of the free!
And teh bitchez.
EDIT: And trance music <3

(This post was last modified: 12-13-2011 11:06 AM by Efs.)
12-13-2011 11:06 AM
xydougie Offline
Renegade

Given 4 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

Whoever invented dress code needs to die. Slowly and painfully

Are you fucking kidding me? You live in paradise bro . Goingcrazy
glad that some of us are free (partially at least)
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2011 11:26 AM by xydougie.)
12-13-2011 11:25 AM
Efs Offline
Fanatic

(12-13-2011 11:25 AM)xydougie Wrote:  Whoever invented dress code needs to die. Slowly and painfully

Are you fucking kidding me? You live in paradise bro . Goingcrazy
glad that some of us are free (partially at least)

Whoever invented school should die. Unless they didn't mean it, or they're already dead, heh.

12-13-2011 11:37 AM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

/bump.

Glad I don't go there anymore.

Biggrin

09-09-2012 06:38 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

Given 83 thank(s) in 67 post(s)

Your grade scale is harsh! a 75 is an f? If my school had that system, I would be getting all fs on my report card! I thougbt my schol was harsh! The grade scale here is:
A: 90-100
B: 80-89
C: 65-79
D: 50-64
F: below 50
Someone told me that a long time ago we had a grade system where 75 was f (similar to yours) but 80% of the school had all fs on their report card, so it needed to be changed. Even with the current system I an getting C's B's and F's, never a or b.
09-09-2012 12:55 PM
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

Given 109 thank(s) in 93 post(s)

why am i not allowed to wear my skirt all the way down to my ankles? They want you to look respectable, and that is a respectable looking skirt if I've ever seen one, and I have.

The less you try to control things, the less you need to.

Boredom is the #1 enemy of learning. Therefore, school is the #1 enemy of learning.

"Bodies fucking fuck."~Night.Artist

[Image: 41433.png][Image: 14362714_1336391025.png]

Hidden stuff:
[Image: asschart.jpg]
Hidden stuff:

"free speech under the constitution only guarantees the government won't stop him saying it and does not guarantee his right to say things and have no consequences at all as a result. also i completely doubt that he is motivated solely by "i'm saying it because i can" and is probably motivated by a more shitheady motive like "i think it's funny to annoy people and Rustle Le Jimmies™ and is just hiding behind the first amendment to try to deflect any consequences or make you realize that being allowed to annoy people is a superior moral right. you can still disdain someone for doing things for dumbarse wankery purposes and you have evne more right to ban and insult them for it" ~Trar's friend about Potato.

Thanks for the diploma… can I have my childhood back?

I’d love to have a battle of wits with you… but I hate to fight the unarmed.
09-09-2012 01:12 PM
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

Given 109 thank(s) in 93 post(s)

hi

My skool is really lenient compared to his, but compared to Shadow's, it fucking sucks more balls than Michael Jackson

The less you try to control things, the less you need to.

Boredom is the #1 enemy of learning. Therefore, school is the #1 enemy of learning.

"Bodies fucking fuck."~Night.Artist

[Image: 41433.png][Image: 14362714_1336391025.png]

Hidden stuff:
[Image: asschart.jpg]
Hidden stuff:

"free speech under the constitution only guarantees the government won't stop him saying it and does not guarantee his right to say things and have no consequences at all as a result. also i completely doubt that he is motivated solely by "i'm saying it because i can" and is probably motivated by a more shitheady motive like "i think it's funny to annoy people and Rustle Le Jimmies™ and is just hiding behind the first amendment to try to deflect any consequences or make you realize that being allowed to annoy people is a superior moral right. you can still disdain someone for doing things for dumbarse wankery purposes and you have evne more right to ban and insult them for it" ~Trar's friend about Potato.

Thanks for the diploma… can I have my childhood back?

I’d love to have a battle of wits with you… but I hate to fight the unarmed.
09-09-2012 01:17 PM
IamNoone Offline
Pro Procrastinator

Given 63 thank(s) in 46 post(s)

(09-09-2012 12:55 PM)SomeRandomHuman Wrote:  Your grade scale is harsh! a 75 is an f? If my school had that system, I would be getting all fs on my report card! I thougbt my schol was harsh! The grade scale here is:
A: 90-100
B: 80-89
C: 65-79
D: 50-64
F: below 50
Someone told me that a long time ago we had a grade system where 75 was f (similar to yours) but 80% of the school had all fs on their report card, so it needed to be changed. Even with the current system I an getting C's B's and F's, never a or b.
I thought this ^ grading scale was normal. A lot of you guys have weird systems.
Mine was like this, but a C was 70-79 and a D was 64-70.
Honestly,bi don't understand why no one just goes by 10

The purpose of life is a life with a purpose
So I’d rather die for a cause than live a life that is worthless
I don’t need the circus or the day of national observance
I need you to think for you and stop being a servant
-Immortal Technique, The Martyr, The Martyr
09-09-2012 03:42 PM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Given 1469 thank(s) in 972 post(s)
My School Rules

Grading scale I'm used to:

That tier above A: 100-97
A: 96-90
B: 89-80
C: 79-70
D: 69-60
If I say this grade I may be doomed to get it: 59 or below

Public Service Announcement: First world problems are still problems.
09-09-2012 04:13 PM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

I wonder if they made the grading scale reasonable this school year there. Doubt it.

09-09-2012 05:11 PM
guts12 Offline
Insane Survivor

Given 30 thank(s) in 22 post(s)

My school isn't bad on school rules, because everyone just ends up breaking them anyway. I'm sure that that idea that punishment stops bad behaviour is just junk. A fair portion of my school breaks the rules, and they get a after school detention AT BEST. Then, they feel like a total bawz because of it. Messed up, I know.

I once heard about this school (it's closed now) where the kids made the rules and they could attend any classes they liked! I wish that was here today, because we could organise a full on protest to stop everyone within a radius that is the size of the sun shutting it down. Let's be honest, that school would rock so much, it would be unbelievable, but the government would be there with their closed stamp faster than you could say "a". They would devote a whole department to destroying schools like this and children's freedom. They actually do. It's called "The Ministry of Education". LOL
09-10-2012 08:22 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

Given 83 thank(s) in 67 post(s)

The government SUCKS ASS! If we made teh rules, we would like it and not rebel! Its shocking how heartless the government is!
09-14-2012 12:36 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Information 50 Rules Kids Won't Learn in School Miller0700 40 34,274 05-28-2017 12:44 PM
Last Post: the Analogist
  i dislike school rules GinJen 16 8,814 05-28-2017 12:41 PM
Last Post: the Analogist
  My school and its stupid rules Luizao876 5 5,870 02-25-2017 02:57 AM
Last Post: Marlena403
  5 Foreign School Rules Way Better Than The American Version Miller0700 1 2,364 09-16-2016 02:52 AM
Last Post: UnicornLionWolf
  School rules should also apply to teachers KFC Nyan Cat 14 7,106 12-06-2014 09:55 AM
Last Post: KFC Nyan Cat
  My school's idiotic rules .Manicrose. 5 4,364 04-27-2012 01:04 AM
Last Post: Luizao876
  queer school rules Mondasin 37 18,508 01-11-2012 05:23 AM
Last Post: aCol
  Stupidest School Rules Thread Sick Silent 22 7,421 02-08-2009 12:58 PM
Last Post: Jen
  crappy rules at your school Michio-kun 62 12,408 12-26-2008 09:09 AM
Last Post: i-am-the-liquor
  Retarded school rules Milk2Go 31 9,059 02-17-2008 09:04 AM
Last Post: Cory