RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I can't hate school enough
Sunflower Offline
Rebel

Given 19 thank(s) in 6 post(s)
I can't hate school enough

Really! The teacher give you boring lectures and make the subject hell for you when teachers are supposed to be inspiring you with there own love of learning for this subject. Communication skill are hella important to be successful in life and in collage but schools discourages you from talking teachers tell the class to shut up and sit down so they can finish there boring lecture that no one really cares about. Half the students are on there phones while the teacher is lecturing so I assume that most of the students bs their homework too and just cram for the test the day(or minute) before the test just to survive. Cause that's basically what school is meant for, to survive there and try to get A like the competition in the hunger games! The ones who can sacrafice the most sleep and can cram the most effectually get A and the ones who value there sleep and health and communication skills and creativity don't do so well in this environment. And then they claim that you go to school to learn. To get an education so you can be successful in life when really by the time you graduate high school schools would have already turned you into an antisocial zombie whose only wants to survive through life(so they can retire) instead of enjoy it, and rely totally on other people to give them a job(etc, and end up living a miserable life cause school implied to us that to be happy you have to graduate high school, then collage then get a good job as an employe working for a good company. It makes sense that people who have F are(sadly and wrongly) outcasted by society(even if its implied) and that major truancy laws prevent you from ditching school too much! Common core is basically 21st century communism and stupid federal government has no place in our schools! Typically high schools see the fine arts as not as important than the core subjects(math, history, english, science) when a broader curriculum could help students find there passion and so students will find the less interesting subjects tolerable. I would rather go to prison then to a normal high school!
06-21-2017 09:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Avatar Korra , The man , Deleted , -SCS- , the Analogist , stevehein , Rule_BreakerXVIII
stevehein Offline
Pariah

Given 327 thank(s) in 188 post(s)
RE: I can't hate school enough

All of it has made me try to throw myself off of the fifth floor of the apartment building.
[/quote]

Seriously, Benjavez? that worries me....
06-22-2017 11:27 AM
the Analogist Offline
Connector of Dots

Given 434 thank(s) in 261 post(s)

As time passes you get closer to that age that people by their prejudice respect you for really no reason.

People should be respected based on their humanity. for some reason your humanity doesn't qualify until that magic number 18...

Good news, if you survive you will become 18...

Purity is to Believe only that which deserves it.
Wisdom is to follow only the Opinion which makes the best use of evidence.
Excellence is to be mindful of all these things in Living.
Follow me on Twitter!
06-22-2017 12:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Avatar Korra , The man
the Analogist Offline
Connector of Dots

i'm allowed to be racist against the germans right?*

i mean seriously, is it any mistake that less than 100 years after inventing forced schooling and "unifying" germany we get Hitler?

*i know there is a big difference between how a people are and what their government does. im American for God's sake...

Follow me on Twitter!
06-22-2017 06:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: The man
Sunflower Offline
Rebel

Given 19 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

(06-22-2017 12:36 AM)Benjavaz Wrote:  And the worst part is that we are stuck in that system because schooling is compulsory. The worst part for me is having awful parents that are trying to brainwash me and don't let me follow my own path. Even during my summer break I'm still being blackmailed into going to school. All of it has made me try to throw myself off of the fifth floor of the apartment building.

So true! do you guys have alternate schooling in germany, if so you should go there. And follow your own path! I hope there will be a time in the future where your parents realize how wrong they were and respect your decision of what you want to do in life. I hope things get better for you!

(06-22-2017 12:18 PM)the Analogist Wrote:  As time passes you get closer to that age that people by their prejudice respect you for really no reason.

People should be respected based on their humanity. for some reason your humanity doesn't qualify until that magic number 18...

Good news, if you survive you will become 18...

Yea, sometimes I wish I was 18 and past all this but sometimes I wish I was still in elementary school and innocent cause those were the times I actually liked school.
(This post was last modified: 06-24-2017 09:43 AM by Sunflower.)
06-24-2017 09:40 AM
the Analogist Offline
Connector of Dots

i actually liked most of school. class was kind of a bummer sometimes...

Follow me on Twitter!
06-24-2017 11:14 AM
stevehein Offline
Pariah

(06-22-2017 03:52 PM)Benjavaz Wrote:  
(06-22-2017 11:27 AM)stevehein Wrote:  
(06-22-2017 12:36 AM)Benjavaz Wrote:  All of it has made me try to throw myself off of the fifth floor of the apartment building.

Seriously, Benjavez? that worries me....
Yes I am right now dealing with school-induced PTSD while being in a place called Berlin. The city is great, but I have to sleep in a common room or whatever. My desk is in the living room, meaning that I have no space. My parents are pressuring me to go to school but I really don't want to, so they steal my stuff. I would have developed psychosis if I hadn't started binge watching legend of korra. But my parents are there trying to make me miserable for not wanting to go to school in Berlin.

i just saw this... sorry i missed it... hug - if u want 1

did i ask how u feel abt online hugs?
06-24-2017 08:16 PM
stevehein Offline
Pariah

(06-22-2017 12:36 AM)Benjavaz Wrote:  I don't really know what online hugs are.

like this

hug

or Hug

or ((hug)) etc

and do u get any offline hugs?
06-24-2017 08:53 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  i hate school so much.. lonelypanda 3 3,983 03-02-2017 12:26 AM
Last Post: SoulRiser
  I Hate School Guest 13 7,233 01-21-2017 08:54 AM
Last Post: Marlena403
  Is it OK that kids hate school? lisafromjackson 12 10,953 01-03-2017 08:11 AM
Last Post: Superkamiguru
  [Quiz] How much do you hate school? SoulRiser 16 13,591 12-19-2016 12:16 PM
Last Post: Superkamiguru
  What to do if you hate school [WIP] SoulRiser 5 7,052 12-11-2016 06:32 PM
Last Post: xcriteria
  Question: Why, in particular, do you hate school? xcriteria 27 18,931 07-31-2016 09:56 AM
Last Post: DreamRebel
  I HATE SCHOOL SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!! >:( fish20 6 13,607 07-17-2016 12:56 AM
Last Post: Lucas Gallindo
  What to do if you hate school? SoulRiser 4 6,133 11-30-2015 04:15 AM
Last Post: no
  Do children hate school? If so why? MurkScribe 3 4,017 05-04-2015 05:00 AM
Last Post: James Comey
  Does your child hate school? lisafromjackson 0 2,705 03-15-2015 08:58 AM
Last Post: lisafromjackson