RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browser Thread
schoolsux Offline
fuck this school bullshit

Given 102 thank(s) in 75 post(s)
Browser Thread

Which browser do you prefer? This is a thread to argue your browser.

For me, I have been a longtime Google Chrome user. I have tried out Firefox, Opera and IE (actually I used that browser for an incredibly long time, until 2013).

I am trying out Firefox right now, and I prefer it to Chrome (or the other browsers). It's alot more customizable, it's better with security, and it's just as fast as Chrome (seemingly). There are alot more add-ons (seemingly) then for Chrome. This is from an avid Google user. I use Google Sites (2), Drive, Gmail (3), and Android (phone).

schoolsux's countdown until school ends:

177 days until i get out of freshman year (aka hell)
1280 days until I get out of prison (aka school)

(as of november 28, 2016)

also Fu school

Hidden stuff:

schoolsux's "k" Count: 60
05-29-2015 10:09 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)
RE: Browser Thread

Chrome since Chrome.

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
05-29-2015 11:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
schoolsux Offline

Browser Thread

I've been with Chrome for a while, and I still use it on most of my devices (the exceptions being my netbook and my desktop). It's a nice browser, but Firefox is much more customizable and secure (PC edition). It's about as fast. But I've never tried Firefox on mobile, but I bet it's inferior to Chrome for mobile.

also Fu school

Hidden stuff:

05-29-2015 12:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Given 296 thank(s) in 201 post(s)

best bowser is the one from super mario 64

[Image: nAOqYk7.png]

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
05-29-2015 01:07 PM
Ilija.m Offline
Revolutionary

Given 19 thank(s) in 18 post(s)

(05-29-2015 10:09 AM)SchoolSux Wrote:  Which browser do you prefer? This is a thread to argue your browser.

For me, I have been a longtime Google Chrome user. I have tried out Firefox, Opera and IE (actually I used that browser for an incredibly long time, until 2013).

I am trying out Firefox right now, and I prefer it to Chrome (or the other browsers). It's alot more customizable, it's better with security, and it's just as fast as Chrome (seemingly). There are alot more add-ons (seemingly) then for Chrome. This is from an avid Google user. I use Google Sites (2), Drive, Gmail (3), and Android (phone).

I always use Chrome because it is fast and elegant and don't crash so often.
05-29-2015 01:21 PM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

Given 31 thank(s) in 18 post(s)
Browser Thread

I use Firefox, unless I need to use flash on Linux, in which case I'll use Chromium

Pretty Much my only signature...I'm mainly a lurker....you can find me on the IRC (or on DnE and their IRC).

05-29-2015 04:07 PM
schoolsux Offline

(05-29-2015 01:21 PM)Ilija.m Wrote:  I always use Chrome because it is fast and elegant and don't crash so often.

I've never had Firefox crash on me yet (then again, I've only been trying it out for a few days), and I've had Chrome crash on me before (then again, 2 years). The crashes with Chrome have made me (for some of the crashes) uninstall Chrome (and later reinstall it).

also Fu school

Hidden stuff:

05-29-2015 08:12 PM
Alistoriv Offline
Sanity Not Included

Given 169 thank(s) in 114 post(s)
Browser Thread

I can recall two times that firefox has crashed on me in my years of using it

I used chromium for a time, and that was ok but I do prefer firefox

>mothra

RIP GORE GOROTH
RIP SAINTVICIOUS
(03-20-2013 05:08 PM)brainiac3397 Wrote:  Stand up with pride and say "No! I will not be a McDonalds employee. I WILL BE A GARBAGE MAN!"

05-30-2015 07:28 AM
NiteRaidah Offline
hmmm

Given 44 thank(s) in 31 post(s)
Browser Thread

Firefox, because I enjoy frustrating myself and I don't give enough of a damn to switch browsers.

"All these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-Prince

05-30-2015 09:33 AM
schoolsux Offline

Browser Thread

Chrome crashed 2 times to the point where I had to uninstall it and reinstall it (on 2 different low-quality netbooks). It's crashed more than that, though.

also Fu school

Hidden stuff:

05-30-2015 12:39 PM
Subb Offline
Music Nerd

Given 317 thank(s) in 184 post(s)

I switch every school year, just because.

I used Chrome last year, so next year I'll use Firefox.

Sub's Mental Log!
We've had a lot of fun, guys.
Fulltime Member, 2013-2014

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP HANSGROHE
RIP VON
RIP WES
RIP USERNAME
05-30-2015 02:36 PM
(´・ω・`) Offline
Pariah

Given 100 thank(s) in 72 post(s)
Browser Thread

Currently using Google Chrome right now, after switching from a stint with Firefox. Youtube 60fps and some other stuff being the main reason. The botnet never felt so good. But that's just as far as the desktop is concerned. On my phone I tend to alternate between Opera Mini, TextBrowser, and Chrome (in that order). And on other operating systems I use the best browsers available for each (e.g. using Lynx on 4.3BSD :3 (as an aside, I'm probably the only person who has bothered accessing School Survival from an emulated VAX. :| ))

Hidden stuff:

Quote:<sug> i dont think ive ever been an atheist
<sug> i worship the superplayer

Returned after years hiatus.
05-31-2015 09:31 AM
schoolsux Offline

Browser Thread

I use Chrome, Puffin and Dolphin (about equally) on my phone (Kyocera Event, one of the worst Android phones out there), and I use Chrome, Puffin and Safari (mostly Chrome) on my iPad (Air 2). I use Firefox on my PC and laptops (laptops are Windows 8.1, PC is Windows 7) and Chrome at times in all 3.

also Fu school

Hidden stuff:

06-01-2015 01:09 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)
Browser Thread

My favourite? The old Opera, before Opera "Next" or whatever they're calling it. Most customizable thing ever, and didn't really even need addons.

But because hordes of sites refuse to work properly on Opera these days, Cyberfox is what I mainly use now. Basically Firefox, but with all the settings restored. Also they have a 64-bit version, and all the Firefox addons work, and it supports Sync as well. Meh... it's pretty decent, apart from the crashing (and no crash logs, can you believe?).

Actually I have an Iron (Chrome, but without the Googly bits) open as well for certain things, as well as a normal Firefox running some scripts in the background too, so I pretty much use 3 browsers all the time.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
06-02-2015 09:00 AM
sswbm Offline
Revolutionary

Given 192 thank(s) in 120 post(s)
Browser Thread

My favorite was the old Opera too. Nowadays I use Safari.

But the people that made the old Opera have began working on a new browser, Vivaldi. https://www.vivaldi.com It's currently in the "Tech Preview" phase.
06-06-2015 01:19 AM
 Thanks given by: SoulRiser
Night Offline
Queen Mod

Given 372 thank(s) in 211 post(s)

I use chrome mostly. But I also use firefox for certain things. Like neopets, for some reason I only used neopets on firefox.

I'm a girl ffffeck
Hidden stuff:
06-06-2015 09:23 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

(06-06-2015 01:19 AM)Jop Wrote:  My favorite was the old Opera too. Nowadays I use Safari.

But the people that made the old Opera have began working on a new browser, Vivaldi. https://www.vivaldi.com It's currently in the "Tech Preview" phase.

Oooh, downloading now. Thanks Smile

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
06-07-2015 03:58 AM
thesupremeanarchist Offline
Cannibal Corpse Fan

Given 23 thank(s) in 14 post(s)

I would use TOR, only for some reason I get a 504 when I attempt to access these sites.

666 Baby Annihilator.
06-07-2015 09:54 AM
Money morkel Offline
Renegade

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
Browser Thread

I prefer Google Chrome.
07-07-2015 04:16 PM
schoolsux Offline

Browser Thread

firefox > chrome (PC)
firefox >>> opera (PC)
firefox >>>>> safari (PC)
firefox >>>>>>>>>>>> IE (PC)

puffin > dolphin (Android)
dolphin + jetpack > puffin (Android)
dolphin + jetpack >> chrome (Android)
dolphin + jetpack >>> stock android browser (Android)

puffin >>>>> chrome (iOS)
puffin >>>>>>> dolphin (iOS)
puffin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> safari (iOS)

also Fu school

Hidden stuff:

07-11-2015 08:55 AM