RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Freed Majestic of Demiosa
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)

Unshackled And United Once More!
[Image: tSIb0rt.png]
"Flag of House Deimos-The Royal Family"

Map:
Hidden stuff:
[Image: 4HQ1YG6.png]
Black:New Kelyar, Capital-House Deimos
Blue:House Julain
Yellow:House Kahrn
Green:House Arota
Pink:House Guatnymm*
Red:-Vassal 2-

The Aristocratic Families

[Image: tSIb0rt.png]
House Deimos
-Patriarch:King Marcellus Deimos "The Strong"
-Royal Family of the Demiosa
-Founded Demiosa as independent nation after recent war
-Diplomatically skilled House, and also known for their subterfuge
-Nicknamed "House of Shadows"
[Image: AtUPVCN.png]
House Julain
-Patriarch:Duke Lazarus Julain "The Holy"
-Religiously powerful House
-Heavily involved in trade, and are quite wealthy(among the wealthiest)
-Nicknamed "House of God"
[Image: A0MgfAh.png]
House Kahrn
-Patriarch:Baron Ragnor Kahrn "The Impaler"
-Militarily inclined House
-Heavily militarized, known for their draconian laws and powerful army
-Nicknamed "House of Swords"
[Image: b6QBnI1.png]
House Arota
-Patriach:Duke Salamis Arota "The Old"
-Oldest of Houses,Pre-Demiosa
-Keepers of knowledge and history, known for their contributions to science and society
-Nicknamed "House of Tomes"

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2014 03:09 PM by brainiac3397.)
03-09-2014 12:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

*Reserved*

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
03-09-2014 12:18 PM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

RE: The Freed Majestic of Demiosa

(03-09-2014 12:18 PM)brainiac3397 Wrote:  *Reserved*

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
03-09-2014 12:19 PM
craxyguy562 Offline
Pariah

Given 133 thank(s) in 97 post(s)

I CALL THE PINK! Nutter

[Image: gUJMoO7.png]

Hidden stuff:
Homework brings the hell of school home.

Gwedin Wrote:  Dat feel when you get home, realise it's Friday, and itch your buttcrack.
03-09-2014 01:48 PM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Just give me a simple desc of what sort of house you'll be, and preferred flag colors, and I'll whip something up.

Like House name, Patriarch(leader of the family/House), what the house is known for, and House traits. You can suggest nicknames, or I can suggest them, it's up to you.

Basically just follow the example above(sans flag)

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
03-09-2014 02:32 PM
craxyguy562 Offline
Pariah

[Image: the+House+of+Stone%2527s+flag.png]
flag: full moon with dark purple/blue background
house: gargoyles
leader: Rigma
last name: Guatnymm
inhabitants: humans and super natural creatures.
The clan lets non-family members have the unused land.
The clan is "evil" and eventually conquered by a certain human, but for now it's run by the gargoyle family.
basically that supernatural nation I talked about before but smaller and less powerful. Smilewinkgrin

Hidden stuff:

Gwedin Wrote:  Dat feel when you get home, realise it's Friday, and itch your buttcrack.
(This post was last modified: 04-16-2014 01:31 PM by craxyguy562.)
03-09-2014 02:40 PM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

(03-09-2014 02:40 PM)crazyguy562 Wrote:  flag: full moon with dark purple/blue background
house: gargoyles
leader: Rigma
last name: Guatnymm
inhabitants: humans and super natural creatures.
The clan lets non-family members have the unused land.
The clan is evil and eventually conqured by a certain human, but for now it's run by the gargoyle family.
basically that supernatural nation I talked about before but smaller and less powerful. Smilewinkgrin

Well the House name is supposed to be the last name of the family. So technically it'd be House Guatnymm.

There will be some discrimination against your House though. Thanks to Orkania, the Orks, and the entire demonic invasion issue(most of the people of Demosia were human slaves). Especially by House Arota. You'll also have fewer seats in the Reichstag(basically the council of Houses)

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
03-09-2014 02:52 PM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Given 1469 thank(s) in 972 post(s)

I know I'm already a major player, but I currently don't own any real nations.

I call the red spot. I shall name it, House Redoran. (I'm not original.)

Public Service Announcement: First world problems are still problems.
03-09-2014 03:14 PM
craxyguy562 Offline
Pariah

Becuase of all the wars many people lost there land and hope. Then The House of Guatnymm stared giving out free unused land. Due to type of people who would "travel miles to get free land" living there. The House of Guatnymm has not started industrialization yet and are stuck in midevil times.

Hidden stuff:

03-09-2014 03:18 PM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

DoA:So your patriarch will have the last name of Redoran.

Crazyguy:Remember that you are still a vassal. The Royal House, as liege, taxes all the other Houses as well as retains a percentage of any business enterprise or industry. The King also raises his army by a levy on the Houses.

Remember that Demiosa is Feudal in nature, so the idea is to get cozy with the Royal Family to get more benefits. Those on the fringe will not benefit, especially since your titles can be stripped and your House exiled if things get too tense(There are many noble families available to be promoted to a Great House)

There will be a council but I still have to decide on numbers. Probably 10 per House, but this can change depending on preference of the Royal House(especially since there will be 40 seats in reserve, unoccupied). The council will never be able to do what the King refuses, but they're main purpose is to provide balance among the Houses and resolve disputes without resorting to internal conflict. Of course there is an allowance of using spies and assassins(with a treaty that outlines what actions can and can't be done)

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
03-09-2014 03:52 PM
Ky Offline
Shadow

That's right.

Behold, House Redoran:

[Image: SvgFileService?d=3&c1=0&...p;amp;c5=2]

Leader: Syllex "Six" A. Redoran
Steward: Harold Provol (fun fact: he used to be Emperor Fawsum's steward, as evidenced by one League of Nations meeting)
Last names: Various, actually - the most influential being the Redoran bloodline
Inhabitants: Former supporters of the Fawsum regime (hey, they had to go somewhere!), though most won't say so outright
The clan practices fascosociocommunocapitalismiconservalibtasticeraltarianism, an outdated form of feudalism that promotes a strict authoritarian hierarchical structure and basically screws over anyone who isn't in an influential family.
Note that they aren't outright evil; they're just doing what they do best because they can't do anything else, while the rest of the world has moved on.

03-09-2014 04:05 PM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

The two vassals will not really start off on good terms with the current royal family. House Arota will also really despise both of you...really really really despise. House Deimos will be somewhat indifferent, though also somewhat look down on your houses. House Kahrn will consider you inferior(but they generally consider everyone inferior). House Julian will be most likely be neutral but not necessarily supportive.

Basically both of you will have to really earn your rights. You had enough reputation to be given the honor of being chosen as a Great House, but being the new guys puts you at a slight disadvantage. But remember, the moee you support, the more you gain!

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
03-09-2014 04:14 PM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

DoA, Im thinking nicknaming your House as "House of Strangers" while Crazyguy gets nicknamed "House of Stone"(for the gargoyles). Mainly because nicknames shouldnt be so direct Razz

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
03-09-2014 04:16 PM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Wouldn't they all be strangers, considering each of them would resettle the land at the same time shortly after the war?

I think Redoran would be "House of Corruption" or "House of Discipline", or something like that.

03-09-2014 04:19 PM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Not really. The 4 current houses were once slaves of Orkania. The Arota is oldest because they had formed as a group during Orkania's demonic period. The Kahrn were slaves of the Industrial sector, where the Julian banded together from the most religious of slaves. The Deimos were slaves who worked in higher positions(but no special treatment for them by the Orks. There was even greater threat of death and torture for them).

So technically the other 2 houses(the character owned ones, which is you and crazyguy) are strangers to the land.

Well, those are too direct. We want something that represents those traits without actually referring to them.

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
03-09-2014 04:25 PM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

Given 31 thank(s) in 18 post(s)

I, the Wanderer, wish to form a treaty with Demosia, I would like to propose this treaty.

Hidden stuff:

Quote:Preamble
In order to have an agreement between The United States of Amerigo and Demosia recognizing Demosia’s Independence, that the Government of Demosia is the rightful Government of the land once known as Orkania, and to promote free a free and open community between the two.

This treaty shall concern United States of Amerigo and Demosia in all of its clauses.

Article One: Recognition and Defense
1.The signatories agree to recognize the legitimate governments of their respective counterparts as outlined in the preamble of this document.
2.The signatories agree to come to the defense of their respective counterparts if requested to do so by the legitimate, authorized leadership of the asking party.
3. Defense can entail sending troops who are involved in the army of the respective nation to ensure that the rightful ruler is safe, to establish a military presence to keep order, and to help regain control of the nation or any of it’s territories.

Article Two: Intelligence
1.The signatories agree to inform their counterpart's Head of State or leader of threats to the counterpart's in-game or off-site security immediately upon learning of it.
2.The signatories agree that shared intelligence will not be passed on to external parties, with external being defined as parties who are not members of the signatory governments, or parties who have conflicting interests with this treaty's intentions via non-signatory regions.
3.The signatories are compelled to exchange information pertaining intelligence and counterintelligence with each other.
4.The signatories agree not to promote, encourage, authorize, or engage in espionage against their counterpart signatory.

Article Three: Military Cooperation
1. The signatories agree to respect the private nature of their counterpart's military intelligence and to respect the responsibility that comes with close cooperation. The signatories shall not share private information about their counterpart's militaries missions, agenda, or classified affairs to any parties, save for their superiors within their respective signatory region, without the permission of the relevant officers in the counterpart's military. The signatories agree that such information will not be shared externally under any circumstances without permission from their counterpart's military officers.
2.The signatories agree not to sabotage their counterpart's military operations.
3.The signatories agree to promote the strengthening of each other's militaries through sharing guides, techniques, and training advice.
4. The signatories agree to come to their counterpart’s aide if they are attack or enter a war

Article Four: Economic Cooperation
1. The signatories outlined in this document shall accept their counterpart’s currency in any shops and the conversation rate is to be public
2. The signatories must help their counterpart during times of economic downturn
3. The signatories agree to have no tariffs on imports for their counterpart nation.

Article Five: Sovereignty of Demosia
1. This Document shall make Demosia a sovereign nation free from the United States of Amerigo’s control
2. The validity of this document shall not affect Demosia’s standing as a free, independent, and sovereign nation.

Article Six: Open Borders
1. The signatories agree to not require passports between the two and to have open borders with their counterpart, unless the safety and existence of one of the signatories is at stake.

Article Seven: Protocol for Abolishment
1.The parties that ratified this document shall reserve the authority to render it null and void through the means authorized under their national laws and/or protocols.

Pretty Much my only signature...I'm mainly a lurker....you can find me on the IRC (or on DnE and their IRC).

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
03-09-2014 04:39 PM
craxyguy562 Offline
Pariah

Hey brainiac, are you going to update?

Hidden stuff:

03-10-2014 01:35 PM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Soon. Probably tomorrow night after work.

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
03-10-2014 01:38 PM
craxyguy562 Offline
Pariah

random quote:
soldier- Ten'n■ Rigma! Kina mondai ga arimasu! Wanani o subeki! K■geki shite iru!

Do not reply to this random quote.

Hidden stuff:

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2014 03:26 PM by craxyguy562.)
03-10-2014 03:25 PM
craxyguy562 Offline
Pariah

Are the representatives going to have a meeting where the two new houses introduce themselves?

Hidden stuff:

03-12-2014 12:39 PM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Yeah. The meeting will be at the Reichstag(both the name of a building and name for council of the Houses). Unfortunately, you won't be very happily acknowledged though not be expected. But the laws of the land still stand strong and nobody will be allowed to attempt an aggressive act within the Reichstag nor anywhere within it's territory.

It probably won't be till Sunday for me though, work takes up most of my day.

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
03-13-2014 09:12 AM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

Given 31 thank(s) in 18 post(s)

OOC: Brainiac can you please move forward?

Pretty Much my only signature...I'm mainly a lurker....you can find me on the IRC (or on DnE and their IRC).

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
03-18-2014 06:30 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Bah give me a...decade or something.

Ill see about it tomorrow. Im off work due to license test and some other stuff. Ill have some time to spare then.

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
03-18-2014 09:35 AM
craxyguy562 Offline
Pariah

*In The House of Stone/during the Erabu Festival*
Speaker: Who wants to represent "The House of Stones" at Reichstag?
audience:...(OOC: due to tension between humans and supernaturals being a representative is considered suicide or worse)
Speaker(panicking): *whispering*What do we do?
Education Director: *whispering back*I could force a F- do it.
Speaker: *whispering back*No way, there must be a limit to how bad our representative is.
The ED argued with the Speaker for a while trying to find a way to get a representative.
Maris: I'll do it!
audience: What?!?!
Speaker: We've got our representative!
Maris: Maris
Speaker: MARIN! Come on up Marin!
Maris: *under breath* It's Maris
Some who are in costume run around throwing confetti and singing praise for Maris
Speaker: *gives Maris fruit punch* So what grade are you in? If your in any.
Maris: *badass face* Pre-school.
Speaker: Impressive...What are your grades like?
Maris: *smirks* Straight A's
Speaker: That's amazing! Everyone give a round of applause for Marin!
audience: *gives weak applause for Maris*
Maris: Thank-you! Thank-you! *grins*
Maris is carried to the capital by the ones in costume. The adults are pissed.
adults: What!?!? You letting a 4-year-old have power?!?! His mind isn't fully developed! He'll ruin our house!!!!
ED: Relax, the 4-year-old is probably going to be killed at the meeting.
adults: *sigh*

Hidden stuff:

(This post was last modified: 04-14-2014 10:04 AM by craxyguy562.)
04-14-2014 06:40 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Syllex Redoran waits quietly for the Reichstag meeting to start. He has observed the appointment of a preschooler to the head of the House of Stone, and noted the political tensions in the other houses, and gravely turns the information he has acquired over in his head. He was the first house leader to arrive - he even beat most of the Deimosite workers to the Reichstag - eager to begin his leadership in earnest. His brother, Gielo Redoran, silently sits next to him.

Syllex: *in a low, hushed voice* Did you send the bribes?
Gielo: *equally quiet and gravelly* I did. The political institutions, influential companies, and black markets of each House have received an...introduction to the virtue of aligning themselves to our interests.
Syllex: *emotionless, unexpressive* Good. If even half of them think well of our gift, the money we gave them will have been well spent.
Gielo: You say that as though our reputation is weak.
Syllex: It is weak. They threaten to call us the House of Strangers, not the House of Duty, or House of Gravity, or even House of Discipline as I requested. We must use whatever means we can to improve our status.
Gielo: A fair point, Six. It doesn't help that the other families in our House are not even related to Demiosan natives. Only the Redoran bloodline is pure.
Syllex: It matters not; what we lack in positive public preconceptions, we shall make up for in our first impression. Discipline is the order of the day; through professionalism and maturity will we impress the other Houses. Now, return to Blacklight (OOC: the northwesternmost city in Demiosa) and ensure my steward gets here on time.
Gielo: Provol will be here, brother.

Gielo Redoran crosses his arms over his chest, then returns them to his sides. Syllex performs the same gesture in turn as Gielo turns away and exits the building. (OOC: What a strange way to say goodbye. Maybe it means something?)

04-14-2014 08:58 AM
craxyguy562 Offline
Pariah

Maris:*In head* What do those signals mean? And when is this meeting going to start?

Hidden stuff:

04-14-2014 09:14 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

For a brief second, an actual emotion can be seen on "Six" A. Redoran's face. Syllex notices the young boy in the House of Stone seat a few yards to his right, and feels pity, knowing there is likely a long line of people plotting the child's death.

Redoran: *turning to the child* You must be the head of House Guatnymm. I'm Syllex Redoran, but you can call me Six. The meeting won't start for another two hours, so most people haven't arrived yet, if that's what you're wondering about.

04-14-2014 09:37 AM
craxyguy562 Offline
Pariah

(OOC: Don't worry Maris has plenty of support Hiding)

Hidden stuff:

04-14-2014 10:09 AM
craxyguy562 Offline
Pariah

Maris: (bored) Before the actual meeting starts, as new houses let's get to know each other. By each other I mean our houses. What is the main language spoken at your house?

Hidden stuff:

04-15-2014 12:16 PM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Redoran: The other House leaders aren't likely to show up anytime soon. As for House Redoran, we speak Basic (OOC: English, mothablanka, do you speak it?), same as the rest of the world, of course, and we don't have any secondary languages. Yours?

04-16-2014 06:19 AM