RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why don't we all... Just not go to school
Marauder Offline
Renegade

Given 22 thank(s) in 10 post(s)

we have a huge ratio over administrators. So what could they actually do if we all just decided to .. not go to schooL?

"There is nothing on earth intended for innocent people so horrible as a school"
- George Bernard Shaw

Lux Wrote:
"School ruins families. Most of the verbal and physical punishments kids endure are because of grades. I would have a much better relationship with my parents if the school didn't harass us years ago."
06-29-2013 05:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dead Offline
Goon

Given 288 thank(s) in 176 post(s)

Too many people would pussy out, plus you've got all the brainwashed kids who actually like school
06-29-2013 05:13 AM
 Thanks given by: 1312 , Desu , HawkbitAlpha , Ky
Christian Hellhound Offline
Hellhound in a human body.

Given 51 thank(s) in 27 post(s)
RE: Why don't we all... Just not go to school

(06-29-2013 05:13 AM)Dead Wrote:  Too many people would pussy out, plus you've got all the brainwashed kids who actually like school

^ Pretty much that.
06-29-2013 05:54 AM
Subb Offline
Music Nerd

Given 317 thank(s) in 184 post(s)

(06-29-2013 05:54 AM)AnimeLuxray25 Wrote:  
(06-29-2013 05:13 AM)Dead Wrote:  Too many people would pussy out, plus you've got all the brainwashed kids who actually like school

^ Pretty much that.

Exactly. This is what would usually happen. Maybe it would turn out different it you executed it right, but apathy is the most likely outcome.

Sub's Mental Log!
We've had a lot of fun, guys.
Fulltime Member, 2013-2014

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP HANSGROHE
RIP VON
RIP WES
RIP USERNAME
06-29-2013 05:56 AM
 Thanks given by: HawkbitAlpha
Thade_Chan Offline
Revolutionary

Given 13 thank(s) in 11 post(s)

Yeah, pretty much all of the above. My school is implementing terrible uniforms next year. We plan on coming with no uniforms on and get sent home but I feel like everyones gonna bitch out. Basically the same principle.

I'm back~
06-29-2013 06:02 AM
Lime Offline
Revolutionary

Given 84 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

Quote:you've got all the brainwashed kids who actually like school
It's likely that even the most enthusiastic students don't wake up jumping with joy every day. I haven't met anyone over the age of 9 who wanted to go to school for anything other than a field trip or the social aspect.

As for why skipping out doesn't work, most of it can be summed up with 3 simple reasons:

1. Parents won't allow it.
2. They will force you to go anyway. If everybody skipped out, school would be locked down tighter and they would be even harsher on the students (some dumb lecture about the whole ordeal is also likely, as well as much punishment). If somebody managed to stay out for a longer time, worse will come when they get caught.
3. The lack of a high school diploma will cripple you regardless of how knowledgeable you actually are.
06-29-2013 12:31 PM
Desu Offline
Fanatic

Given 340 thank(s) in 182 post(s)

Anyone participating would have their life at home ruined. I promise you this is THE reason why it's so difficult to rebel against the school system. If minors were somehow able to support themselves before the age of 18, and not live with their parents or something... then it would be feasible.

RIP GORE GOROTH

He was an hero. He will always be remembered.
06-29-2013 02:17 PM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)

You'll encounter the not-really-brainwashed-yet-pathetically-stupid students who agree with your ideas but find it easier to conform and just "live with it like everyone else".

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
06-29-2013 02:47 PM
Subb Offline
Music Nerd

Given 317 thank(s) in 184 post(s)

It's terrible, really. They've basically won. It would take years and years of preparation and rebellion to get the ball rolling. I would say that society needs a complete change in mindset in order for a strike to be possible. Even then, it probably wouldn't actually do anything.

Sub's Mental Log!
We've had a lot of fun, guys.
Fulltime Member, 2013-2014

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP HANSGROHE
RIP VON
RIP WES
RIP USERNAME
06-29-2013 02:48 PM
BadCode Offline
Rebel

Given 3 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

I'm not sure. Personally, I'd just wait for all of those students to come crawling back. It might be possible to convince a certain amount of students to stay home for a day or two, but beyond that? A lot of students would back out. Even more after the first week, let alone the first month. There is no certainty that you'd even succeed in getting the necessary attention from the media- meaning worldwide.Besides, why would you risk it? It wouldn't solve the problem with modern education, unless you think the administrators would suddenly decide to change it all? Rest assured, they would not.

This is also very dependent on what kind of problems you are facing with your current school. If your school has decided to implement new uniforms (like Thade_Chan's), and most of the students ánd parents are against that, then you might have an actual shot. If you're one of those fools that wants to go on a strike because you don't like doing your homework, learning algebra or want to carry firearms to school.. No, not much chance of any changes there. x']

(06-29-2013 02:17 PM)Desu Wrote:  If minors were somehow able to support themselves before the age of 18, and not live with their parents or something... then it would be feasible.

Hm, wouldn't that only work in theory? Not all minors are capable of taking care of themselves or even want to do so. Others might be too troublesome to be left on their own. Of course, there are those that would thrive in such a free society, but there aren't many of those. And you can't test something like that, either. Besides, not all students/children have terrible parents that don't stand up for their child's rights.
06-30-2013 01:17 AM
тωιѕтє∂ Offline
Revolutionary

Given 34 thank(s) in 24 post(s)

(06-29-2013 02:48 PM)SubCulture Wrote:  It's terrible, really. They've basically won. It would take years and years of preparation and rebellion to get the ball rolling. I would say that society needs a complete change in mindset in order for a strike to be possible. Even then, it probably wouldn't actually do anything.
I like that analogy. But the last sentence should have been something like, "Even then, it likely would end up as a gutter ball."

To which I would reply with, "It's okay, we still have one more ball to roll!" Biggrin

Twisted The Twisted Smiley Belongs To Twisted Twisted

"Treat every problem as a challenge, not a dead end. And treat every question like an obstacle worthy of your effort." -my friend's wise Asian father (Sounds better in Chinese)

OBNOXIOUSLY HUGE AND NOTICEABLE
06-30-2013 04:05 AM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Given 296 thank(s) in 201 post(s)

We could do like John Galt, convince all the talented and aware kids to quit and disappear to a special gulch in the middle of nowhere with sci-fi cloaking technology to keep the government out.

[Image: nAOqYk7.png]

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
06-30-2013 06:22 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

(06-30-2013 06:22 AM)Wes Wrote:  We could do like John Galt, convince all the talented and aware kids to quit and disappear to a special gulch in the middle of nowhere with sci-fi cloaking technology to keep the government out.

Unfortunately we will not be able to hide in a valley by cloaking ourselves with a device powered by a generator that harnesses energy from the atmosphere...

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
06-30-2013 02:09 PM
HawkbitAlpha Offline
Pariah

Given 95 thank(s) in 67 post(s)

Fuck that, let's disappear to an underground bunker in Antarctica

RIP GWEDIN (2013-2017)
RIP URITIYOGI (2016-2017)
RIP NIGHT (2009-2017)
RIP VONUNOV (2008-2017)
RIP WES/THEWAKE (2007-2017)
RIP USERNAME (2013-2017)
RIP HAWKBIT (2013-2017)
RIP SS

"Write me a little report of [my video], so I know you watched it, or you get another warning. One of my other goals is to make this forum a bit of my own class...So, tell me, how you feel about the new rule of having you do homework? Or you get another warning. So, do you want to do this or not?...Please send a PM and tell me if you're willing or not. I will probably give you 24 hours to send the PM. No PM will indicate to me that, no, you don't want to do things in this new way. So, you will be saying goodbye."
-Stevehein, promise-maker and Führer moderator of SJW-Survival, 2017

Hidden stuff:
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2013 03:07 PM by HawkbitAlpha.)
06-30-2013 03:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Given 296 thank(s) in 201 post(s)

(06-30-2013 02:09 PM)brainiac3397 Wrote:  
(06-30-2013 06:22 AM)Wes Wrote:  We could do like John Galt, convince all the talented and aware kids to quit and disappear to a special gulch in the middle of nowhere with sci-fi cloaking technology to keep the government out.

Unfortunately we will not be able to hide in a valley by cloaking ourselves with a device powered by a generator that harnesses energy from the atmosphere...

But.. but... AYN RAND BASED EVERYTHING ON THE REALITY PRINCIPLE.

[Image: nAOqYk7.png]

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
06-30-2013 03:58 PM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Then there was that Rearden Steel and that machine thing that used sound as a weapon but ended up imploding on itself when a man spilled his coffee over the control panel...wait, that's not how it happened. Oh well, it still imploded.

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
07-01-2013 01:20 AM
Thade_Chan Offline
Revolutionary

Given 13 thank(s) in 11 post(s)

(06-30-2013 03:06 PM)Prince Darkstar Wrote:  Fuck that, let's disappear to an underground bunker in Antarctica

I'm down for that.

I'm back~
07-01-2013 01:40 PM