RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So I got in trouble at school for solving a Rubik's Cube.
Let's Pretend This Account Never Existed Offline
A Dota 2 Fanatic

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

I brought my Rubik's Cube to school yesterday, and while I was waiting for my computer class to start, one girl noticed the cube and asked me if I knew how to solve it, which I can. This is the point where more coming in the class began to surround where I was sitting. One guy scrambles the cube for me, and gives it back. About seven people were watching me. I began to solve the first layer of the cube, and everyone watching me just stares in shock. Thirty seconds into it, our teacher shoves his way through the crowd and tells me to give my Rubik's cube to him. (Like hell I was.) While he's raising his voice at me and threatening me with ISS, I continued to solve the last layer, for the people watching. After I solved the entire cube, I showed it to the crowd. Everybody watching me except for our teacher began to cheer and compliment me.

The teacher then snatches the Rubik's Cube out of my hand and tells me to sit down at a broken computer next to the exit. He sets the cube on the teacher's desk at the front of the class, and orders everybody to sit down. They began to question why I was being punished for solving the cube, in which he continued to tell them to be quiet or he wouldn't let them use computers. (It was a free day!) He walked up to me and started telling me stupid BS on why I was solving the cube for my classmates. Saying things that I was being a show-off and that I wanted to make them feel stupid that they couldn't solve it, or that I made everybody come over so that way I could make a disruption in the class. I began to counter-argue everything that the teacher said, narrowing his responses down to "just admit you're wrong," and "stop talking back to me." My classmates began to stand up for me, and they were threatened with red flags from our teacher, even though they brought up some valid points. Eventually, he ended the argument by simply walking away, so he could yell at people for being on Netflix, which for some reason he doesn't like.

He took away my computer privileges, so I still had to sit at the broken computer. I couldn't solve my cube, because he confiscated it and put it on his desk. One person walks up to me and tells me if I want it back, to which I obviously say yes. He said that he'll steal it back for me, but I can't snitch on him. I say go ahead, I want my cube back. While our idiot teacher was yelling at Netflix users, he swiftly took my Rubik's Cube from his desk and placed it next to me, running back to his seat. I put the cube in my binder quickly in an attempt to hide it. The teacher never noticed that it was gone though. After the class ended, I walked out the door, and everybody in the class began to congratulate me, compliment me, and gave me their respect. So I'm pretty well known in my computer class now.

PUCK IS BEST HERO
(This post was last modified: 05-28-2013 10:38 AM by Let's Pretend This Account Never Existed.)
04-21-2013 02:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dead Offline
Goon

Given 288 thank(s) in 176 post(s)

Either your teacher is:
A. Jealous because he can't solve the cube himself
or
B. Just being an asshole
I'm guessing both.
04-21-2013 03:09 AM
 Thanks given by: NightHawk877 , Sociopath
Slick Offline
Shattered

Given 14 thank(s) in 10 post(s)

You did nothing wrong, but to pass and kill some time. Who cares if the teacher was displeased, it was worth it in the end right?

Quote:Slick's Mental Health Status
[Image: Q9YKMxA.gif?1]
04-21-2013 03:26 AM
TheCancer Offline
Fanatic

Given 568 thank(s) in 340 post(s)
RE: So I got in trouble at school for solving a Rubik's Cube.

Your teacher is stressed out and in a panic. He could have used the situation to his advantage by saying something friendly about it to build rapport and then casually directing the lesson to whatever it was he wanted.

If you want to be a different fish, you've got to jump out of the school.

Captain Beefheart
04-21-2013 03:31 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)

Ask him to solve it as quickly as you could and laugh when he gets mad.

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
04-21-2013 03:39 AM
Let's Pretend This Account Never Existed Offline
A Dota 2 Fanatic

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

(04-21-2013 03:09 AM)Dead Wrote:  Either your teacher is:
A. Jealous because he can't solve the cube himself
or
B. Just being an asshole
I'm guessing both.

Yeah, both. I could detect the tone of jealousy in his voice when he was talking to me. Now all my classmates thinks he's jealous of me. Laugh

PUCK IS BEST HERO
04-22-2013 02:34 AM
HawkbitAlpha Offline
Pariah

Given 95 thank(s) in 67 post(s)

Ask him if he's jealous. Then put him on a polygraph

Mwahaha

RIP GWEDIN (2013-2017)
RIP URITIYOGI (2016-2017)
RIP NIGHT (2009-2017)
RIP VONUNOV (2008-2017)
RIP WES/THEWAKE (2007-2017)
RIP USERNAME (2013-2017)
RIP HAWKBIT (2013-2017)
RIP SS

"Write me a little report of [my video], so I know you watched it, or you get another warning. One of my other goals is to make this forum a bit of my own class...So, tell me, how you feel about the new rule of having you do homework? Or you get another warning. So, do you want to do this or not?...Please send a PM and tell me if you're willing or not. I will probably give you 24 hours to send the PM. No PM will indicate to me that, no, you don't want to do things in this new way. So, you will be saying goodbye."
-Stevehein, promise-maker and Führer moderator of SJW-Survival, 2017

Hidden stuff:
04-22-2013 05:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

Given 109 thank(s) in 93 post(s)

I faced a similar situation, but I was using a deck of cards and playing PYRAMID SOLITAIRE.

My science teacher has a thing against using laptops in his class (he is still in the magical land where Powerpoint and a crappy desktop are his favorite toys...and he doesn't even make good PP...hehe that's a good one...slides) and all he does is give us worksheets, notes, etc. and we never talk about what's in the book. Most people can get all the stuff he wants done before he puts anything new up on the board so when that happens you're supposed to have something else to do, work from another class if you thought I meant anything fun.

Pretty much all of my other classes involve using the laptop since I didn't bring a World History book from the classes(that 'es' was just to make the two "classes" match up in the composer)I had first period.

So one day I remembered I had a deck of cards in my locker for when classes got really boring, well, me and another kid were talking about SHUFFLING them (because he can do the bridge and I can't) and he told us to put them up, after a couple of counter-arguements about how we were doing anything, I started to lay the cards down like I was going to play a game and he told me to put them up once again.

So then the next day I did actually start playing some solitaire and once he finally noticed he came over and took the deck from me.

(more will be added once I'm in my study hall, but for now I've gotta be getting to skool)

MOAR:

After he took my deck of cards I assume he gave them to the principal, but apparently it's not that big of a deal for him because I haven't ever been called down to his office to talk about it (this happened like 2 weeks ago) and so I'm just going to go to this idiot (by the way, this is the same guy that thinks I'm going to shoot up the skool because I drew a picture of stick figures shooting eachother that never got finished) and ask for my cards back and if he wants to give me a detention I won't serve it because it's the end of the year and I'm going home for good...for now.

The less you try to control things, the less you need to.

Boredom is the #1 enemy of learning. Therefore, school is the #1 enemy of learning.

"Bodies fucking fuck."~Night.Artist

[Image: 41433.png][Image: 14362714_1336391025.png]

Hidden stuff:
[Image: asschart.jpg]
Hidden stuff:

"free speech under the constitution only guarantees the government won't stop him saying it and does not guarantee his right to say things and have no consequences at all as a result. also i completely doubt that he is motivated solely by "i'm saying it because i can" and is probably motivated by a more shitheady motive like "i think it's funny to annoy people and Rustle Le Jimmies™ and is just hiding behind the first amendment to try to deflect any consequences or make you realize that being allowed to annoy people is a superior moral right. you can still disdain someone for doing things for dumbarse wankery purposes and you have evne more right to ban and insult them for it" ~Trar's friend about Potato.

Thanks for the diploma… can I have my childhood back?

I’d love to have a battle of wits with you… but I hate to fight the unarmed.
(This post was last modified: 04-22-2013 11:38 PM by Heil_Kaiba8921.)
04-22-2013 07:36 PM
Trar Away
R.I.P.

Given 189 thank(s) in 125 post(s)

Holy moly he's a douche. You oughta play with that Rubik's Cube every chance you can get. Maybe buy several of them and stack them in various ways? Iunno.

@ Heil_Kaiba8921: Good luck with getting your cards back. I remember the days when the summer vacation (or any major vacation) was near, the excitement in the air (or my heart, I'm not sure) was palpable. And then I did something and I got detention on the last day before said vacation or I got sick or some shit like that.
04-23-2013 06:21 AM
Sunbourn Offline
Proud crazy cat man

Given 289 thank(s) in 192 post(s)

Bring one of these to school and solve it in front of your teacher. Then when he tries to confiscate it tell him that he has to reimburse you for the cost of it if he wishes to receive it. It's quite pitiful that your teacher saw the need to attempt to neuter you over bringing a Rubik's Cube to school and solving it. Somebody brought one in to my AP Bio class earlier in the year, and it was a complete non-issue, because to make an issue out of it is stupidity.

[Image: vcube7-splay.jpg]

Who am I? Who are YOU?
04-23-2013 07:17 AM
 Thanks given by: DreamRebel
Reflect Offline
Rebel

Given 6 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

Geez, I thought school suppose to support anything that works out your brains, in which this case, Rubik cube does..
Anyways, this seems like an act of jealousy. It must feel good to have your classmates at your side against the teacher Smile
04-23-2013 01:10 PM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)

Grab a Rubik's cube that has colored stickers on the parts(basically, something you can "modify" by just peeling the colors off). Then, switch one color sticker with the other when it's in perfect shape(so from the all-yellows, you take one and switch it with a red).

Then try to get him to "solve" it and enjoy the sight, knowing that the rigged cube will be quite impossible to actually solve.

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
04-23-2013 01:28 PM
 Thanks given by: NightHawk877 , DreamRebel

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Sad Got into a big trouble at school today 8bitmusicislife 16 7,448 04-18-2017 07:20 AM
Last Post: James Comey
  The 'Inappropriate' Outfit That Got My Daughter Into Trouble At School batboy138 28 17,930 02-19-2015 10:13 AM
Last Post: brainiac3397
  Rubik's cubes have become therapy Dirtbikemike 7 6,145 01-18-2015 06:50 PM
Last Post: Dirtbikemike
  linux livecd at school......TROUBLE humanoid 10 6,993 04-03-2006 10:53 AM
Last Post: humanoid