RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gifted Teacher Rude to My Ghetto Gangsta students
TheCancer Offline
Fanatic

Given 568 thank(s) in 340 post(s)

As some of you may know, I mostly teach special ed and reading block. That means I got the roughest kids in our area. I work hard to build rapport with these kids because if they hate you, you're dead basically. Well they were doing some repairs in my room so they shifted us to teachers on planning. Well this gifted lady told my students they couldn't come in 'her' room and then locked us out and left. We finally got the custodian to unlock her room. What a nut case. This is a PUBLIC school, lady. The students told me she was really rude before but I didn't believe it. When unknown students surprise me during the day I always greet them warmly and find out what they want. Isn't that normal behavior? How could a teacher just lock her door and walk away from a group of students? She's a scumbag. She thinks she's better than me because she teachers the bright kids. My students would eat her up. Anyone can deal with cooperative smart students but she couldn't handle my students for a week. She would probably stroke out. Plus, it's disgusting to be near her because her heart is full of hate.

If you want to be a different fish, you've got to jump out of the school.

Captain Beefheart
01-16-2013 12:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Superkamiguru
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

Given 109 thank(s) in 93 post(s)
RE: Gifted Teacher Rude to My Ghetto Gangsta students

well, I'm feeling kind of different today...so here's what I'm gonna focus on in your post (and most likely jump into what other people are saying later on)

The fact that she locked you out made this post interesting to me, the only thing that kind of put me off was the number of times you said you hated her/she is full of hate, the only reason for that being that it just seems a bit excessive.

What YOU should have done is first taken the area around her desk, then whenever she moves you just make it look as natural as possible and go invade her area that she moves to just to get revenge for locking you out...that's all i got for now though.

The less you try to control things, the less you need to.

Boredom is the #1 enemy of learning. Therefore, school is the #1 enemy of learning.

"Bodies fucking fuck."~Night.Artist

[Image: 41433.png][Image: 14362714_1336391025.png]

Hidden stuff:
[Image: asschart.jpg]
Hidden stuff:

"free speech under the constitution only guarantees the government won't stop him saying it and does not guarantee his right to say things and have no consequences at all as a result. also i completely doubt that he is motivated solely by "i'm saying it because i can" and is probably motivated by a more shitheady motive like "i think it's funny to annoy people and Rustle Le Jimmies™ and is just hiding behind the first amendment to try to deflect any consequences or make you realize that being allowed to annoy people is a superior moral right. you can still disdain someone for doing things for dumbarse wankery purposes and you have evne more right to ban and insult them for it" ~Trar's friend about Potato.

Thanks for the diploma… can I have my childhood back?

I’d love to have a battle of wits with you… but I hate to fight the unarmed.
01-16-2013 12:31 AM
TheCancer Offline
Fanatic

Given 568 thank(s) in 340 post(s)

Yeah my post may be a bit overboard calling her a scumbag and all that but I stand by this: It's teachers like her who leave students like mine feeling hopeless and useless. That's part of the reason so many of them end up in prison. If you're not willing to send a warmth to your students that says 'your life is worth living' then they shouldn't be exposed to you everyday. I wrote my original post with hostility because that kind of coldness really hurts.

If you want to be a different fish, you've got to jump out of the school.

Captain Beefheart
01-16-2013 02:21 AM
 Thanks given by: SoulRiser
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

Given 109 thank(s) in 93 post(s)

Steps to follow to get back at her:

1) Pull quite a bit of cash out of your bank account
2) Go to the shady part of your town
3) Find some of the meaner looking guys
4) Hire some thugs
5) Have them go to her house and only break a maximum of 3 of the more minor bones (fingers, wrist, etc)
6) ???
7) Profit

The less you try to control things, the less you need to.

Boredom is the #1 enemy of learning. Therefore, school is the #1 enemy of learning.

"Bodies fucking fuck."~Night.Artist

[Image: 41433.png][Image: 14362714_1336391025.png]

Hidden stuff:
[Image: asschart.jpg]
Hidden stuff:

"free speech under the constitution only guarantees the government won't stop him saying it and does not guarantee his right to say things and have no consequences at all as a result. also i completely doubt that he is motivated solely by "i'm saying it because i can" and is probably motivated by a more shitheady motive like "i think it's funny to annoy people and Rustle Le Jimmies™ and is just hiding behind the first amendment to try to deflect any consequences or make you realize that being allowed to annoy people is a superior moral right. you can still disdain someone for doing things for dumbarse wankery purposes and you have evne more right to ban and insult them for it" ~Trar's friend about Potato.

Thanks for the diploma… can I have my childhood back?

I’d love to have a battle of wits with you… but I hate to fight the unarmed.
01-16-2013 01:33 PM
IamNoone Offline
Pro Procrastinator

Given 63 thank(s) in 46 post(s)

"it's disgusting to be near her because her heart is full of hate."

Are you Jesus?

The purpose of life is a life with a purpose
So I’d rather die for a cause than live a life that is worthless
I don’t need the circus or the day of national observance
I need you to think for you and stop being a servant
-Immortal Technique, The Martyr, The Martyr
01-18-2013 12:35 PM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Given 296 thank(s) in 201 post(s)

(01-18-2013 12:35 PM)IamNoone Wrote:  "it's disgusting to be near her because her heart is full of hate."

Are you Jesus?

Oh come on, Cancer over here has right to be pissed off. She was a dick. Jesus or no Jesus, being a dick isn't nice.

But you shouldn't try to get back at her. Just deal with it as best you can in a non-confrontational manner.

[Image: nAOqYk7.png]

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
01-18-2013 12:50 PM
 Thanks given by: SoulRiser

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Question Have students successfully petitionioned to fire a teacher/faculty member? DeadorAlive 13 6,861 02-07-2017 04:04 AM
Last Post: Marlena403
  Teacher "relations" with students payback123 46 12,562 02-06-2017 05:16 AM
Last Post: TheCancer
  Dear Students: An Apology From A Teacher xcriteria 12 7,149 03-23-2015 02:50 AM
Last Post: xcriteria
  Teacher Disciplined for Tweeting She Wanted to Stab Students MrAnonymous 15 5,686 09-20-2014 09:33 AM
Last Post: KFC Nyan Cat
  Gifted Programs Just A Minor Threat 34 13,508 08-11-2013 04:10 AM
Last Post: brainiac3397
  Teacher told students my grades Marauder 23 9,793 04-02-2013 06:38 PM
Last Post: brainiac3397
  "Gifted Education" Shadow of Sorrow 12 6,926 02-10-2013 10:17 PM
Last Post: Trekkie_Aspie
  Gifted Students? Darkstripe 14 6,007 01-19-2013 08:00 AM
Last Post: thewake
  Gifted Kids cooltoonist 34 9,090 01-18-2013 12:33 PM
Last Post: IamNoone
  Why Can't the Gifted Learn? NightThoughts 40 25,374 01-18-2013 12:32 PM