RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lunch Detention -_-
SmokeyTheAggie Offline
Renegade

Given 5 thank(s) in 5 post(s)
Lunch Detention -_-

For being 5 seconds late..........I just didnt go. Pretty worried about the shiz thats gonna go down tomorrow.

[Image: utahstatewords.png]
12-12-2012 01:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ThorodonSorrow Offline
Just another face in the crowd.

Given 14 thank(s) in 13 post(s)
RE: Lunch Detention -_-

(12-12-2012 01:21 PM)SmokeyTheAggie Wrote:  For being 5 seconds late..........I just didnt go. Pretty worried about the shiz thats gonna go down tomorrow.

Well, before I answer,
Can you leave school for lunch? If so, is there a store you can go to?
12-12-2012 01:45 PM
SmokeyTheAggie Offline
Renegade

Given 5 thank(s) in 5 post(s)

I can't, it would be great though if I could.

[Image: utahstatewords.png]
12-12-2012 01:51 PM
ThorodonSorrow Offline

(12-12-2012 01:51 PM)SmokeyTheAggie Wrote:  I can't, it would be great though if I could.

I was gonna say, you could do what I do when I get lunch detention and say that you don't get free lunch so you had to get lunch from the store.
12-12-2012 02:15 PM
ThorodonSorrow Offline

Lunch Detention -_-

Even though.. I do get free lunch..
I never really thought this through.
12-12-2012 02:15 PM
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

Given 109 thank(s) in 93 post(s)

i hate lunch detentions, the only purpose they serve is to make me feel really awkward about eating like i normally do. Everything is so much louder in a quiet room where you can't even talk.

The less you try to control things, the less you need to.

Boredom is the #1 enemy of learning. Therefore, school is the #1 enemy of learning.

"Bodies fucking fuck."~Night.Artist

[Image: 41433.png][Image: 14362714_1336391025.png]

Hidden stuff:
[Image: asschart.jpg]
Hidden stuff:

"free speech under the constitution only guarantees the government won't stop him saying it and does not guarantee his right to say things and have no consequences at all as a result. also i completely doubt that he is motivated solely by "i'm saying it because i can" and is probably motivated by a more shitheady motive like "i think it's funny to annoy people and Rustle Le Jimmies™ and is just hiding behind the first amendment to try to deflect any consequences or make you realize that being allowed to annoy people is a superior moral right. you can still disdain someone for doing things for dumbarse wankery purposes and you have evne more right to ban and insult them for it" ~Trar's friend about Potato.

Thanks for the diploma… can I have my childhood back?

I’d love to have a battle of wits with you… but I hate to fight the unarmed.
12-13-2012 03:21 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

Given 83 thank(s) in 67 post(s)

Lunch detentions, AGH! I hate those. Your lucky you didnt get an after school, those suck! Youll be fine though. Its just real boaring.
12-13-2012 10:12 AM
ThorodonSorrow Offline

Smile RE: Lunch Detention -_-

(12-13-2012 03:21 AM)Heil_Kaiba8921 Wrote:  i hate lunch detentions, the only purpose they serve is to make me feel really awkward about eating like i normally do. Everything is so much louder in a quiet room where you can't even talk.

Right? I always feel like I'm being stared at and judged.
12-14-2012 05:07 AM
ThorodonSorrow Offline

(12-13-2012 10:12 AM)SomeRandomHuman Wrote:  Lunch detentions, AGH! I hate those. Your lucky you didnt get an after school, those suck! Youll be fine though. Its just real boaring.

Every time I'm late to math, my teacher assigns me to after school detention in his class, and for every minute that I'm late, he multiplies it by 5.
Dick.
12-14-2012 05:08 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

Wow, that teacher is a fuckface. My school has a retarded policy, kids have sex parties and teachers let them, sometimes even join in yet when I had a bag of chips and chocolate bar that I just begged off of a rich man commuteing throught the area the teacher took them and gave me detention (i ditched detention) yet he later joined a student sex party in the bathroom! Teachers are dickheads.
12-14-2012 10:53 AM
ThorodonSorrow Offline

(12-14-2012 10:53 AM)SomeRandomHuman Wrote:  Wow, that teacher is a fuckface. My school has a retarded policy, kids have sex parties and teachers let them, sometimes even join in yet when I had a bag of chips and chocolate bar that I just begged off of a rich man commuteing throught the area the teacher took them and gave me detention (i ditched detention) yet he later joined a student sex party in the bathroom! Teachers are dickheads.

What the fuck?! Where do you live?!
12-14-2012 12:25 PM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

I live in highland park in detroit. It is basically a city within detroit, but even shittier then the worst part of the rest of detroit. This link says it all: http://exiledonline.com/slums-of-detroit...rted-city/
Its even worse off then that now, that was 3 years ago, now they tore down our streetlights, cant afford the bill.
12-17-2012 11:26 AM
ThorodonSorrow Offline

Lunch Detention -_-

^ Holy shit dude. I'm sorry.
12-18-2012 01:59 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

Meh, i am used to the place just like you are used to wherever you live.
12-18-2012 07:40 AM
Marlena403 Offline
School Lover

Given 21 thank(s) in 16 post(s)
Lunch Detention -_-

I got sent to a departamental detention last month for being rude to my English teacher. (In my school, departamental detention is a lunchtime or after school detention with a Head of Department)
10-20-2016 08:11 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Lunch detention for the rest of the year awesomejuan36912 3 2,928 02-20-2016 09:50 AM
Last Post: Cianna200
  school lunch = no lunch jose 12 3,788 06-11-2010 01:40 PM
Last Post: CrayolaColours