RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Religion
IamNoone Offline
Pro Procrastinator

Given 63 thank(s) in 46 post(s)
RE: Religion

That the external constraint is a bullshit excuse. How much time do you think it took to make the SS forums? Not a ton, in the scheme of things, and look how much good it has done.

And I would strongly recommend trying ADHD meds, ny friend is on them and he is 100% fine, no issues.
Will post what he takes is you want.

The purpose of life is a life with a purpose
So I’d rather die for a cause than live a life that is worthless
I don’t need the circus or the day of national observance
I need you to think for you and stop being a servant
-Immortal Technique, The Martyr, The Martyr
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2012 07:01 AM by IamNoone.)
11-13-2012 07:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
zagix Offline
Banned

Given 32 thank(s) in 25 post(s)
Religion

Snort a shitload of adderall. Not only will it cure your ADHD, it will make you super euphoric.
11-13-2012 07:10 AM
AtheistLGBTQAnarchist Offline
Peace Loving Blood Lover

Given 47 thank(s) in 36 post(s)
Religion

If this was a topic on ADHD there would be one on best of school survival as far as I know. Anyway I have the opposite of ADHD, everything from the roots of a plant the pixels on my computer I can even ignore everything that is surrounding me when I read I'm so focused but I doubt I'm the only one that can do that though.

Congratulations humanity,because you refuse to let go of the old and evolve you actually make people believe in 2012. Not only that, but you're the only species on Earth that were able to make it possible, now we get to sit until we die because we couldn't get to Mars. We have failed as a society and don't deserve our gifts to survive for this long. Maybe this is why dinosaurs are extinct, we sure aren't any better than the dirt you say we're created from. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...DvwSOFto#! Noo

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
-Albert Einstein

"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither."
-Benjamin Franklin
11-13-2012 09:11 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ky Offline
Shadow

Given 1469 thank(s) in 972 post(s)
Religion

Wait, what the heck is going on?

Public Service Announcement: First world problems are still problems.
11-13-2012 09:37 AM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

Given 137 thank(s) in 84 post(s)

Beats me. Just go for the ride.

Previously known as Derchin.
11-13-2012 10:54 AM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

Given 160 thank(s) in 104 post(s)

Quote:That the external constraint is a bullshit excuse. How much time do you think it took to make the SS forums? Not a ton, in the scheme of things, and look how much good it has done.
It is a legitimate reason. I haven't the knowledge of how to start a forum. If you're so keen on this, haven't you started a forum? And not to burst your bubble, but aside from just talking and sharing ideas, this forum hasn't done much. But like Soul says, this was never meant to be a "tear down the walls of public schooling" site, it was made as a site only for supporting those who go to public school

Quote:And I would strongly recommend trying ADHD meds, ny friend is on them and he is 100% fine, no issues.
Will post what he takes is you want.
I don't need meds. I can handle myself. I used to take Ritalin until it gave me depression and caused suicidal thoughts.

Quote:Snort a shitload of adderall. Not only will it cure your ADHD, it will make you super euphoric.
Lol.

Tried Adderall, didn't work. Plus it tasted like shit.

Hidden stuff:
TRIGGER WARNING: THIS TRIGGER WARNING CONTAINS TRIGGER WARNINGS!

Dear Tumblrites: Despite your wrongly self-diagnosed PTSD, no line of scientific evidence suggests people can be triggered over the internet. Triggering works through the senses (i.e. smell, taste, touch, vision, hearing.) but it goes through real time; if you're not experiencing it in real life as it's ACTUALLY HAPPENING in your ACTUAL life, you CANNOT be triggered. The only exception to this is if you have a seizure, but then again, that's triggered by epilepsy (i.e. rapidly-changing flashing lights) NOT PTSD. Remembering a bad incident is NOT the same thing as having a flashback. When you remember, you think; when you flashback, you feel.

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

[Image: violator_blackbg_110x32.gif]
Max Stirnir Wrote:"In the time of spirits thoughts grew till they overtopped my head, whose offspring they yet were; they hovered about me and convulsed me like fever-phantasies -- an awful power. The thoughts had become corporeal on their own account, were ghosts, e. g. God, Emperor, Pope, Fatherland, etc. If I destroy their corporeity, then I take them back into mine, and say: "I alone am corporeal." And now I take the world as what it is to me, as mine, as my property; I refer all to myself." The Ego and Its Own, pg. 15
Charles Manson Wrote:“Look down at me and you see a fool;
look up at me and you see a god;
look straight at me and you see yourself”
HeartofShadows Wrote:"Life is nothing more than a druggie trying to get their quick fix of happiness while dealing with the harsh withdrawal of reality"
Osip Mandelstam Wrote:"I divide all of world literature into authorized and unauthorized works. The former are all trash; the latter--stolen air. I want to spit in the face of every writer who first obtains permission and then writes." The Fourth Prose, 1930.
Lukas Foss Wrote:That is why the analogy of stealing does not work. With a thief, we want to know how much money he stole, and from whom. With the artist it is not how much he took and from whom, but what he did with it.
PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
 Pirate Join the crew!Pirate
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2012 11:30 AM by Sociopath.)
11-13-2012 11:29 AM
IamNoone Offline
Pro Procrastinator

We have educated people, haven't we? I'm sure this place has saved a couple of lives, and made a ton more a bit more livable know they are not alone in their struggle, no? And this forum was just the easiest example. I haven't created a forum because this one already exists. I personally haven't done much solid work, mostly just talking, just trying to sneak in education and learning the truth where ever I can without people thinking I'm a conspiracy nut or pushing an agenda. I've mostly been hunting around, I need something outrageous enough to get people to give a shit, and the fed reserve might just be it, but I need more research first.

11-13-2012 11:38 AM
 Thanks given by: SoulRiser
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

That's fine, that's fine. Just don't piss on me, I'm trying to help people too, you know.

Quote:I'm sure this place has saved a couple of lives
You must be talking about making lives easier and more enlightened, which I agree with.

Unless you're talking of saving people from suicide. It's common knowledge that nobody actually kills themselves by making a threat on the internet. If they actually hated the world that much they wanted to die, they'd skip the formal crap and go do it already. Most suicides don't even leave a note behind.

Hidden stuff:

Dear Tumblrites: Despite your wrongly self-diagnosed PTSD, no line of scientific evidence suggests people can be triggered over the internet. Triggering works through the senses (i.e. smell, taste, touch, vision, hearing.) but it goes through real time; if you're not experiencing it in real life as it's ACTUALLY HAPPENING in your ACTUAL life, you CANNOT be triggered. The only exception to this is if you have a seizure, but then again, that's triggered by epilepsy (i.e. rapidly-changing flashing lights) NOT PTSD. Remembering a bad incident is NOT the same thing as having a flashback. When you remember, you think; when you flashback, you feel.

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

Max Stirnir Wrote:"In the time of spirits thoughts grew till they overtopped my head, whose offspring they yet were; they hovered about me and convulsed me like fever-phantasies -- an awful power. The thoughts had become corporeal on their own account, were ghosts, e. g. God, Emperor, Pope, Fatherland, etc. If I destroy their corporeity, then I take them back into mine, and say: "I alone am corporeal." And now I take the world as what it is to me, as mine, as my property; I refer all to myself." The Ego and Its Own, pg. 15
HeartofShadows Wrote:"Life is nothing more than a druggie trying to get their quick fix of happiness while dealing with the harsh withdrawal of reality"
Osip Mandelstam Wrote:"I divide all of world literature into authorized and unauthorized works. The former are all trash; the latter--stolen air. I want to spit in the face of every writer who first obtains permission and then writes." The Fourth Prose, 1930.
Lukas Foss Wrote:That is why the analogy of stealing does not work. With a thief, we want to know how much money he stole, and from whom. With the artist it is not how much he took and from whom, but what he did with it.
PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
11-13-2012 12:00 PM
Ky Offline
Shadow

(11-13-2012 12:00 PM)Sociopath Wrote:  It's common knowledge that nobody actually kills themselves by making a threat on the internet.
...You aren't emotionally invested enough to check. Is that why you call yourself Sociopath?

If not for me, you'd be saying "nobody but one", by the way.

11-13-2012 12:12 PM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

(11-13-2012 12:12 PM)DoA Wrote:  
(11-13-2012 12:00 PM)Sociopath Wrote:  It's common knowledge that nobody actually kills themselves by making a threat on the internet.
...You aren't emotionally invested enough to check. Is that why you call yourself Sociopath?

If not for me, you'd be saying "nobody but one", by the way.

Fine, maybe you have a zebra once in a blue moon, but its more generalization. They're all attention whores. Remember shotgunfart? Actually you're too much newfaf to know about that incident, even when you pretend you're one of us.

There's no more true sign of a newfag than those who think they're an oldfag.

Hidden stuff:

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
11-13-2012 12:20 PM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Religion

I never said I was an oldfag, nor do I want to consider myself one (or a fag of any kind).

I assure you that they're not all attention whores. There are some lost souls out there that need guidance, and the last thing I'd want is for a sociopath (you or any other kind) to convince them life isn't worth it.

11-13-2012 12:27 PM
Peace Loving Blood Lover

Religion

Why do we keep insulting gay people? I don't want attention. People with attention are zagix. This is not a attention post that is long for no reason. Not to rhyme but that's just wrong. did you notice it rhymed with long? People who make long post just to look intelligent with no readers is just ridiculous. Don't be a zagix, and never insult gay people. I'm Barack Onomo. I am also very handsome. How did this become a thread full of junk that has nothing to do with religion? I'm Albert Einstein, and I'm really, really sexy. This message is brought to you by don't spam dot organic poop. Don't even ask how it got to this because I don't know either. Now for all you lazy readers. Insulting gay people is just so wrong! Now I look like a good person. Some of you with lazy teachers need to take note of this. Now to sum it all up for the second time. I mean Urgana or whatever even passed a law on killing gay people, give them a break or something jerks!

Congratulations humanity,because you refuse to let go of the old and evolve you actually make people believe in 2012. Not only that, but you're the only species on Earth that were able to make it possible, now we get to sit until we die because we couldn't get to Mars. We have failed as a society and don't deserve our gifts to survive for this long. Maybe this is why dinosaurs are extinct, we sure aren't any better than the dirt you say we're created from. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...DvwSOFto#! Noo

-Albert Einstein

-Benjamin Franklin
11-13-2012 12:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Sociopath , zagix
Ky Offline
Shadow

(11-13-2012 12:39 PM)AmericanAtheistAnarchist Wrote:  Why do we keep insulting gay people? I don't want attention. People with attention are zagix. This is not a attention post that is long for no reason. Not to rhyme but that's just wrong. did you notice it rhymed with long? People who make long post just to look intelligent with no readers is just ridiculous. Don't be a zagix, and never insult gay people. I'm Barack Onomo. I am also very handsome. How did this become a thread full of junk that has nothing to do with religion? I'm Albert Einstein, and I'm really, really sexy. This message is brought to you by don't spam dot organic poop. Don't even ask how it got to this because I don't know either. Now for all you lazy readers. Insulting gay people is just so wrong! Now I look like a good person. Some of you with lazy teachers need to take note of this. Now to sum it all up for the second time. I mean Urgana or whatever even passed a law on killing gay people, give them a break or something jerks!
...I think you need to get your head checked.

Something is seriously wrong with your reasoning capacity.

11-13-2012 12:40 PM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

(11-13-2012 12:39 PM)AmericanAtheistAnarchist Wrote:  Why do we keep insulting gay people? I don't want attention. People with attention are zagix. This is not a attention post that is long for no reason. Not to rhyme but that's just wrong. did you notice it rhymed with long? People who make long post just to look intelligent with no readers is just ridiculous. Don't be a zagix, and never insult gay people. I'm Barack Onomo. I am also very handsome. How did this become a thread full of junk that has nothing to do with religion? I'm Albert Einstein, and I'm really, really sexy. This message is brought to you by don't spam dot organic poop. Don't even ask how it got to this because I don't know either. Now for all you lazy readers. Insulting gay people is just so wrong! Now I look like a good person. Some of you with lazy teachers need to take note of this. Now to sum it all up for the second time. I mean Urgana or whatever even passed a law on killing gay people, give them a break or something jerks!

LOL wut?

11-13-2012 12:46 PM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

(11-13-2012 12:27 PM)DoA Wrote:  I never said I was an oldfag, nor do I want to consider myself one (or a fag of any kind).

I assure you that they're not all attention whores. There are some lost souls out there that need guidance, and the last thing I'd want is for a sociopath (you or any other kind) to convince them life isn't worth it.

I wouldn't want to imply I think they should kill themselves...well, not everyone who considers...

Hidden stuff:

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
11-13-2012 01:30 PM
Ahab Offline
Machine Gnome

Given 25 thank(s) in 17 post(s)
Religion

Social responsibility is massively overrated. Same goes with ADHD medication. Is it really a good long-term solution to feed someone fucking amphetamines for the problem of being additionally distracted in a world designed to keep you constantly distracted? If sociopath really suffers from a 'deficiency' in making something 'meaningful' with his/her knowledge as proposed, then the more ideal thing for someone with ADHD would be to take on less social responsibility and live a more hunter-gatherer oriented lifestyle.

"If you think you know what the hell is going on, you're probably full of shit." - Robert Anton Wilson
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2012 04:14 PM by Ahab.)
11-13-2012 04:08 PM
 Thanks given by: SoulRiser
zagix Offline
Banned

Given 32 thank(s) in 25 post(s)
Religion

TL;DR

Fuck God.

I want jack off, I want to beat the shit out of people I don't like, and I want to smoke weed, drink hard liquor, and drop acid. No bullshit book is going to stop me from having fun.
11-14-2012 06:23 AM
 Thanks given by: Sociopath
IamNoone Offline
Pro Procrastinator

(11-13-2012 12:00 PM)Sociopath Wrote:  That's fine, that's fine. Just don't piss on me, I'm trying to help people too, you know.

Quote:I'm sure this place has saved a couple of lives
You must be talking about making lives easier and more enlightened, which I agree with.

Unless you're talking of saving people from suicide. It's common knowledge that nobody actually kills themselves by making a threat on the internet. If they actually hated the world that much they wanted to die, they'd skip the formal crap and go do it already. Most suicides don't even leave a note behind.

That is close, but a wee bit off. What you said is mostly true, but people who threaten generally go on to make a failed attempt, only failed because they don't want to do it. And I can guarantee a few of those attempts work.

11-14-2012 06:31 AM
IamNoone Offline
Pro Procrastinator

Oldfag is just internet slang. Any gays who get offended by it can go fuck off.

11-14-2012 06:33 AM
Peace Loving Blood Lover

Religion

Rainbows http://www.rainbows.com

-Albert Einstein

-Benjamin Franklin
11-14-2012 08:33 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

(11-14-2012 06:33 AM)IamNoone Wrote:  

Oldfag is just internet slang. Any gays who get offended by it can go fuck off take it up the ass.
Fixed

11-14-2012 11:04 AM
Peace Loving Blood Lover

Religion

boobies. thats the new bump word. Did you know America wasn't founded by Christians?

-Albert Einstein

-Benjamin Franklin
11-15-2012 10:14 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

(11-15-2012 10:14 AM)AmericanAtheistAnarchist Wrote:  boobies. thats the new bump word.
Not appropriate. Have some decency.
(11-15-2012 10:14 AM)AmericanAtheistAnarchist Wrote:  Did you know America wasn't founded by Christians?
Not entirely by Christians, but primarily. Where are you getting your information?

11-15-2012 10:27 AM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

Disregard. Biggrin

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2012 11:09 AM by Miller0700.)
11-15-2012 11:08 AM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

(11-15-2012 10:27 AM)DoA Wrote:  
(11-15-2012 10:14 AM)AmericanAtheistAnarchist Wrote:  Did you know America wasn't founded by Christians?
Not entirely by Christians, but primarily. Where are you getting your information?

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/The_United_...ng_Fathers

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/The_United_..._Amendment

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/The_United_...of_Tripoli

http://wiki.ironchariots.org/index.php?t...ng_fathers

http://wiki.ironchariots.org/index.php?t...dependence

http://wiki.ironchariots.org/index.php?t...d_We_Trust

Where's yours?

11-15-2012 11:08 AM
 Thanks given by: Sociopath
Ky Offline
Shadow

(11-15-2012 11:08 AM)Derchin Wrote:  
(11-15-2012 10:27 AM)DoA Wrote:  

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/The_United_...ng_Fathers

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/The_United_..._Amendment

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/The_United_...of_Tripoli

http://wiki.ironchariots.org/index.php?t...ng_fathers

http://wiki.ironchariots.org/index.php?t...dependence

http://wiki.ironchariots.org/index.php?t...d_We_Trust

Where's yours?
Stop speaking for the confused.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/billflax/201...an-nation/
Acknowledges debate (I personally love this site)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Founding_Fa...s#Religion explicitly states that 49 of the 55 delegates to the 1787 Constitutional Convention were Protestants. Also points out that TJ and Benny were also Christians that opposed the cleric.

I pulled from two sites, you from two as well. I used a wiki, as you did, and also a more professional source.

Now, do you want to organize a search-off, or do you concede?

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2012 12:09 PM by Ky.)
11-15-2012 12:08 PM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

(11-15-2012 12:08 PM)DoA Wrote:  Now, do you want to organize a search-off, or do you concede?

I'll never concede. Nevar.

11-15-2012 12:10 PM
Ky Offline
Shadow

(11-15-2012 12:10 PM)Derchin Wrote:  
(11-15-2012 12:08 PM)DoA Wrote:  Now, do you want to organize a search-off, or do you concede?

I'll never concede. Nevar.
I suppose I will, considering these debates don't actually get anywhere.

You totally got me. Not a single Founding Father, Framer, or otherwise important political figure from the birth of our nation was a devout Christian, and even if they were, they denied it. I give up, game over.

11-15-2012 12:12 PM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

DoA There's a difference between religious instillation and personal religion; america was founded as a secular nation, despite whatever religion they were. Theocracies are for faggots, haven't you ever heard of The Salem Witch Trials? Also rationalwiki is a good source, they have links to proof, obviously.

Hidden stuff:

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2012 03:21 AM by Sociopath.)
11-16-2012 03:08 AM
Peace Loving Blood Lover

Religion

Yo I'm just feeling the void for the lost zagix because his jerk parents tracked him down.

-Albert Einstein

-Benjamin Franklin
11-16-2012 09:50 AM