RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
worst dream you ever had
The Offline
The; Captain Obvious

Given 9 thank(s) in 9 post(s)
RE: worst dream you ever had

My state was completely blocked off from the rest of the world and the military was sent in to kill everyone in my state. I was on vacation and watched everyone I knew get shot on the news. Freaky as hell. I was like in 3rd grade too!

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\
01-24-2012 12:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
proud-scene-kid Offline
Renegade

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

I was at my grandma's place and I got raped by my French teacher, then by my grandma. Then, when I got out of my grandma's place, everyone had AK-47s and they were trying to shoot me. o.o

(\__/) This is Bunny. Paste Bunny into your signature
(='.'=) to help him gain world domination.
(")_(")

[Image: n3rs4k.jpg]
-Proud member of the LGBT community
02-02-2012 03:32 AM
batboy138 Offline
MASTA SLAPA

Given 8 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

In my nightmare, my best friend got shot in the head by a fucking cop! I'm still worried about it...

"There's no 'I' in 'Team'." Yeah, but there is a "me" in "Team" spelled backwards!
04-15-2012 10:43 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mælstrom Offline
GIVE ME LEEBERTY, OR GIVE ME DEATH

Given 8 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

I dreamed that I was wandering in a rugged landscape with no stars. The night sky was pitch black, and I could detect humanoid figures following me. Also, this eerie song played:

Watch on YouTube

If you're reading this, I killed myself.
04-15-2012 10:59 AM
Aya Offline
Banned

Given 45 thank(s) in 36 post(s)

Geez where should I start? I've had some pretty bad nightmares before, quite a few of them where I woke up screaming.

I wish the YouTube had more clips from the movie The Fourth Kind. I don't believe in alien abduction, but the scene from Dr. Tyler's hypnosis, where she's dragged out of bed screaming bloody murder is close to what I've dealt with a number of times.
04-15-2012 11:06 AM
SaintVicious Offline
Banned

Given 85 thank(s) in 60 post(s)

The problems when I have nightmares is that the same scene keeps refreshing, but it never gets less terrifying. :C
04-15-2012 11:18 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Given 184 thank(s) in 127 post(s)

Last night, I went to sleep on my bed (which every time I lay on it feels like it shakes, which is scary enough in and of itself, but fuck it I thin kit's psychological or something). I was in a parking lot on top of a cliff with a bunch of 20- something year olds. One guy walked up to a weaker kid, and started yelling at him. The smaller guy was really sorry about something and trying to say he'll fix it, then the bigger guy punched him in the head so hard it literally split, kind of. Then the bigger guy walked away while this guy was laying on the ground all fucked up.

A crowd formed around the kid on the ground and everyone was yelling. Then the guy who punched him came back and kicked the guy on the ground so hard his head was barely being held togeather, but the younger kid was still concious. Then the kid get kicked again, and again, and his head was deformed into a shape that isn't even fucking possible in reality, and he was still concoius and crying and screaming and dying. Then his head was crushed. The guy who administered the beating then started running very, very fast and his eyes got extremely, extremely wide. So wide, inf act, that his head started to come apart, and his eyes started to pop out, and his head started to get distorted while he was sprinting around, and I could see his face clearly.

His head started to come apart, and then he sprinted and dived off the cliff. Then everyone started fighting and heads were coming apart and agony was spreading and people were dying and I woke up. I wasn't sweating or scared when I woke up, I was just neutral. My heart rate was normal, and I just kind of reflected on wtf I just witnessed.

Lolwut.

Blog I post to now:
http://blog.darknedgy.net

Edfreedom.org -- An organization for more freedom in education.
http://www.edfreedom.org/join-us/
04-15-2012 04:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NightThoughts Offline
Night changes the way you think.

Given 12 thank(s) in 5 post(s)

The worst dream I can remember was a very clear one in which I was at school, but everything was different. For some reason the schedule had been changed, I was wandering the halls mindlessly, my English teacher was grinning crazily and trying to kill me, and people kept trying to take me out of school for no apparent reason. Reflecting back on it, that dream was oddly amusing, but at the time I was scared out of my mind.

I'd put a pithy quote here, but I'd rather speak for myself.

Superpowers aren't just flying and lifting several tons. Whatever you're good at, that's your superpower. Learn to deal with it.
04-24-2012 08:01 AM
SaintVicious Offline
Banned

Fantastic, last night my brain decided to replay my brother blowing his brains out, so that means I don't get to sleep for 2 days.
04-24-2012 08:03 AM
batboy138 Offline
MASTA SLAPA

(04-24-2012 08:03 AM)SaintVicious Wrote:  Fantastic, last night my brain decided to replay my brother blowing his brains out, so that means I don't get to sleep for 2 days.

You have a brother?

"There's no 'I' in 'Team'." Yeah, but there is a "me" in "Team" spelled backwards!
04-24-2012 08:27 AM
Aya Offline
Banned

Given 45 thank(s) in 36 post(s)

(04-24-2012 08:27 AM)batboy138 Wrote:  
(04-24-2012 08:03 AM)SaintVicious Wrote:  Fantastic, last night my brain decided to replay my brother blowing his brains out, so that means I don't get to sleep for 2 days.
You have had a brother?

Fixed.

Lrn2read.jpg
04-24-2012 10:17 AM
fish20 Offline
Penguins are birds

Given 32 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

I am laying in bed then I suddenly can't breathe or make noise and a skeleton with a war axe comes in the room and chops me up.
04-24-2012 10:53 AM
Wingless Offline
el presidente

Given 7 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

This was back in 8th grade. I'm sure I've had more fucked up dreams here and there but I don't remember them too well as much as this one, damn it I need to start keeping a dream journal.

I was in some sort of mostly empty concrete basement in my grandparents house (which they do not actually have) and I was looking up at a cloudy purple sky through this huge hole where the front lawn would have normally been. I stare for a few moments before a giant mutilated, swollen face with huge watery eyes and sliced jaw appeared for a brief second and screeched at me, causing me to fall down as it echoed through the room. Suddenly, torn-up limbs and gore starts falling from the sky into the dark basement. Most of it I can't see in detail, but I can see hands and legs spasming as they land, torso's spilling with intestines, etc... Suddenly a head falls about a foot from my thigh with a disturbing thud. This disembodied head gasps repeatedly; it's bony, wrinkled, and missing its eyes as it lays on its side and rolls slowly up to my leg. I scrambled to my feet, trying to escape while more human remains fell around me, spine-chilling moans filling the room and increasing in number. As soon as I try to run, the floor starts shifting, tilting over, sending me and everything else sliding down into a newly opened hole in the wall. I struggle to scramble up the tilting floor, kicking away hands grabbing shakily at me, trying to avoid gore spilling over my head, but to no avail. Eventually the floor reaches a point to where it's impossible to scale and I fall into a pitch-black hole along with everything else rolling down with me, shutting my eyes tight and curling up as the screams die away and the wind surges past my body as I pick up speed in my descent.

When I re-opened my eyes after a few seconds, I had entirely stopped falling, and was sitting in a middle of a ancient, ruined city. Crumbling stone buildings surrounded me, everything tinted in a sickly dark violet. I could see shadowy, vaguely humanoid figures as I sat at what was the left side of some cracked asphalt road, up on a "sidewalk" of dark-violet dirt. They slowly inched towards me from the shadows of these buildings. They limped and breathed just loud enough for me to hear their slimy footsteps and shivering voices, their figures becoming more disturbing in shape as they moved up towards me, a strange buzzing filling my ears as they do. At this point I just shut my eyes tight again and fall against the pavement, covering my ears for a few moments as the buzzing clogs my head. As it was becoming unbearable and overwhelming, I finally woke up, sometime at like 4 or so in the morning. Was pretty freaked out but after I got over the initial shock I was just like "Well, that certainly was an interestingly fucked up dream."

[Image: sigtest1-1.jpg]

"When government surveillance and intimidation is called "freedom from terrorism" or "liberation from crime," freedom and liberty have become words without meanings." - Deus Ex
(This post was last modified: 04-24-2012 08:44 PM by Wingless.)
04-24-2012 08:36 PM
SaintVicious Offline
Banned

You have a brother?

Not anymore, he bitched out.
04-25-2012 03:17 AM
batboy138 Offline
MASTA SLAPA

(04-25-2012 03:17 AM)SaintVicious Wrote:  

You have a brother?

Not anymore, he bitched out.

I'm sorry.

04-25-2012 11:53 AM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

Given 137 thank(s) in 84 post(s)

That's fucked up, saint.

Previously known as Derchin.
04-25-2012 11:55 AM
SaintVicious Offline
Banned

Don't be sorry, nothing to be sorry about. My only protest is that I walked in on him doing it.
04-25-2012 12:07 PM
NoTable Offline
In fact - NoTable at all.

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

The ending of my dream was: "and now I'm going to tell you the secret about everything." Then my alarm goes off.
Then later (probably years) I get another dream where I'm in a circle with other people and there's a woman who says "now we're going to talk about the secrets of everything:" and then my dog barked and I woke up.

I tried to get back into the second dream to hear the rest, but nope, dream gone. The only thing I can dream is that same sentence on repeat.

Was pissed tbh. Still am a bit, though I doubt my brain induced hallucination would know the secrets to everything. It would be nice to know nevertheless.

I had another dream where I was stabbed through the throat before I woke up. After being chased through a desolate building.
10-15-2012 02:55 AM
AtheistLGBTQAnarchist Offline
Peace Loving Blood Lover

Given 47 thank(s) in 36 post(s)
worst dream you ever had

Any dream where there were girls and I could of ran around naked, I hate my decency and sanity!

Congratulations humanity,because you refuse to let go of the old and evolve you actually make people believe in 2012. Not only that, but you're the only species on Earth that were able to make it possible, now we get to sit until we die because we couldn't get to Mars. We have failed as a society and don't deserve our gifts to survive for this long. Maybe this is why dinosaurs are extinct, we sure aren't any better than the dirt you say we're created from. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...DvwSOFto#! Noo

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
-Albert Einstein

"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither."
-Benjamin Franklin
10-15-2012 04:31 AM
GreenLamp Offline
My lamp is green.

Given 22 thank(s) in 14 post(s)
worst dream you ever had

1. I hate dreams where I am falling. Have you ever felt like you're dropping through the air with nothing to save you? It's hard to describe. One time I dreamed I was at a mall in a wheelchair, for some reason. Ever since I was really little, falling through the glass barriers on the second floor of a mall has scared me. There was no barrier, so someone pushed the chair off the edge and I felt that horrible falling sensation. It has happened in other dreams, which I do not remember as vividly.

2. At a younger age, I had a dream where my dad and I were at this screwed up carnival. The place was dark and gloomy with creepy people everywhere. For some reason we walked into this giant black room with a tall green alien with a sucker mouth. It sucked the life out of my dad and I. Then it ended. I never forgot that one.

3. Had a dream where my family and I were on a highway in the country, all alone. All of a sudden, the sky lights up with the silhouettes of UFOs. We ran away to a hotel, where other people were also hiding. Then it ended.

Otherwise, I don't have many scary dreams. Lately, they have been short, nonsensical, and uneventful.
10-15-2012 08:59 AM
zagix Offline
Banned

Given 32 thank(s) in 25 post(s)
worst dream you ever had

I dreamed I had sex with Aya
10-15-2012 10:25 AM
AtheistLGBTQAnarchist Offline
Peace Loving Blood Lover

Given 47 thank(s) in 36 post(s)
worst dream you ever had

I don't even know why I'm asking this but who's Aya?

Congratulations humanity,because you refuse to let go of the old and evolve you actually make people believe in 2012. Not only that, but you're the only species on Earth that were able to make it possible, now we get to sit until we die because we couldn't get to Mars. We have failed as a society and don't deserve our gifts to survive for this long. Maybe this is why dinosaurs are extinct, we sure aren't any better than the dirt you say we're created from. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...DvwSOFto#! Noo

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
-Albert Einstein

"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither."
-Benjamin Franklin
10-15-2012 11:18 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Given 1469 thank(s) in 972 post(s)

(10-15-2012 11:18 AM)EmpathyLover Wrote:  I don't even know why I'm asking this but who's Aya?
An oldfaf-ette.

Public Service Announcement: First world problems are still problems.
10-15-2012 11:26 AM
Alucard483 Offline
Site Mod

Given 92 thank(s) in 65 post(s)

I was stuck in an elevator with you people

Whilst some work diligently there are those who ask why. I am one of them
(\__/) This is Bunny. Paste Bunny into your signature
(='.'=) to help him gain world domination.
(")_(")
Soul#2: I already have a grip. Doc:and a porno mag and a tube of lube I'm sure"
Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
This has been a test of the emergency pointless argument system. Had this been a real pointless argument, someone would have been called a facist.
Ceiling Cat: For that you need to wear a fursuit, though.

Inside sources say that Carla Franklin has had more dick in her than a public urinal.
10-15-2012 12:07 PM
Night Offline
Queen Mod

Given 372 thank(s) in 211 post(s)

When I was 7 I had just moved into this new house and had a dream about it. In the dream I was walking around and there were monsters everywhere. Something scary to a 7 year old. But it was weird because they weren't really physical. They were kind of like paintings on the walls that moved around. Kind of like the boat scene in Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory. I still can't watch that scene.. Anyways, I was sitting on the end of my bed with my dad kneeling in front of me telling me that there are no monsters. Even though they're slithering all over the walls. While he's trying to comfort me a zombie thing passes behind him, ignoring him. But it was like a life size foam cut-out. I think I bit it, or it bit me? Not sure. But it ended with a swirling black hole appearing behind me in my bed and the foam cut out zombie pulls me in. And then i woke up >.>

I'm a girl ffffeck
Hidden stuff:
10-15-2012 02:08 PM
Electronagon Offline
Cybernet Model 101

Given 3 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

I was in this pure White room with no exit with a few people i know, and some guy comes out of nowhere like KAPOW. He shot all the people and then shot me. I just saw black holes with blood dripping. It shit me up. They say you can't die in your dreams, but my mind says bullshit!

I also remember a dream from when I was about 3 when my bedroom light came to life and mauled me.

Hidden stuff:

[Image: thumbnail.aspx?q=4560839182713275&am...e4e0c18eeb]
Find the I.

[Image: shooting-two-guns.gif][Image: tommy-submachine-gun.gif]

Fight the power! Pirate
10-17-2012 07:55 AM
RammsteinFearFactory Offline
Celery Addict's metalhead friend

Given 33 thank(s) in 28 post(s)

(10-17-2012 07:55 AM)Electronagon Wrote:  I was in this pure White room with no exit with a few people i know, and some guy comes out of nowhere like KAPOW. He shot all the people and then shot me. I just saw black holes with blood dripping. It shit me up. They say you can't die in your dreams, but my mind says bullshit!

I also remember a dream from when I was about 3 when my bedroom light came to life and mauled me.

What the fuck.

The Wrote:My state was completely blocked off from the rest of the world and the military was sent in to kill everyone in my state. I was on vacation and watched everyone I knew get shot on the news. Freaky as hell. I was like in 3rd grade too!

I had a dream where my neighbourhood was cut off from the rest of the world and declared an independent nation, sorta like the Berlin Wall. The UN sent us ice cream to live off of, and we had our own walled garden intranet.

I remember having depressive dreams but not scary ones. Normally they involve intense poverty or addiction, and death. Usually related to child abuse, too. I once had a week dreaming of nothing but girls getting addicted to drugs and dying, being killed by their parents, dying from starvation on the streets and shit. It was depressing.

[Image: adhd_mild.gif]
10-17-2012 08:03 AM
EntityCubed Offline
Back In Black

Given 39 thank(s) in 27 post(s)
worst dream you ever had

I have had a lucid dream before, it was very weird.
In it, I was fighting darkness, and turned into a dragon. O_o

"It does a fool no good to spend money on an education. Why? Because he has no common sense."-George Bush
02-28-2013 07:55 AM
Desu Offline
Fanatic

Given 340 thank(s) in 182 post(s)
worst dream you ever had

Fucked my mother in a dream once. I was forced into it for some reason.

Shit was not cash.

RIP GORE GOROTH

He was an hero. He will always be remembered.
03-03-2013 05:25 AM
Alistoriv Offline
Sanity Not Included

Given 169 thank(s) in 114 post(s)
worst dream you ever had

I'm sure I've had worse dreams (on the tip of my tongue, actually), but this will have to do.

I had a dream probably last week where I had these shoes or something that let me walk on water. I was prompted by a friend to do some sort of stunt. I ran across the water and dove underneath. I went deep down and then got into the weird spherical capsule. It was a greyish color, probably made of stone and just a little bit bigger than me. It shot way up into the air. It was obviously intended to go straight up but instead went diagonally (it was in third person while I was in the capsule). I jumped out of the capsule at the top and started to fall down. The view switched to first person and I looked down at the ground. Instead of landing safely in the water I was headed straight for pavement. I started to fall extremely fast and my legs got pushed up before my face.

Do you know how bad it feels to be falling that fast? It felt worse because I knew I was about to die.
03-08-2013 09:57 AM