RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minecraft/Tekkit
guts12 Offline
Insane Survivor

Given 30 thank(s) in 22 post(s)
Minecraft/Tekkit

We should have a server for minecraft/Tekkit, where we could converse in real time, have "meetings" and make a school out of planks and BURN IT DOWN!

What are your thoughts on this?
10-07-2012 08:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ky Offline
Shadow

Given 1469 thank(s) in 972 post(s)
Minecraft/Tekkit

Sure, as long as I don't have to pay for the game.

Public Service Announcement: First world problems are still problems.
10-07-2012 08:41 AM
guts12 Offline
Insane Survivor

RE: Minecraft/Tekkit

You do have to pay for minecraft... But it would be for anyone who wanted.
10-07-2012 08:48 AM
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

Given 109 thank(s) in 93 post(s)

you don't really have to pay for the game, you can DL stuff to make fake accounts, and as long as the server is set up so that we can play if we are logged into the servers or not then that will be all you need...i recommend a vanilla server because i hate tekkit (it's a completely different game and i hate it because it has too much going on right out of the box)

The less you try to control things, the less you need to.

Boredom is the #1 enemy of learning. Therefore, school is the #1 enemy of learning.

"Bodies fucking fuck."~Night.Artist

[Image: 41433.png][Image: 14362714_1336391025.png]

Hidden stuff:
[Image: asschart.jpg]
Hidden stuff:

"free speech under the constitution only guarantees the government won't stop him saying it and does not guarantee his right to say things and have no consequences at all as a result. also i completely doubt that he is motivated solely by "i'm saying it because i can" and is probably motivated by a more shitheady motive like "i think it's funny to annoy people and Rustle Le Jimmies™ and is just hiding behind the first amendment to try to deflect any consequences or make you realize that being allowed to annoy people is a superior moral right. you can still disdain someone for doing things for dumbarse wankery purposes and you have evne more right to ban and insult them for it" ~Trar's friend about Potato.

Thanks for the diploma… can I have my childhood back?

I’d love to have a battle of wits with you… but I hate to fight the unarmed.
10-07-2012 11:57 AM
AtheistLGBTQAnarchist Offline
Peace Loving Blood Lover

Given 47 thank(s) in 36 post(s)
Minecraft/Tekkit

Keep in mind the next Halloween update comes out soon.

Congratulations humanity,because you refuse to let go of the old and evolve you actually make people believe in 2012. Not only that, but you're the only species on Earth that were able to make it possible, now we get to sit until we die because we couldn't get to Mars. We have failed as a society and don't deserve our gifts to survive for this long. Maybe this is why dinosaurs are extinct, we sure aren't any better than the dirt you say we're created from. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...DvwSOFto#! Noo

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
-Albert Einstein

"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither."
-Benjamin Franklin
10-07-2012 12:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

(10-07-2012 12:03 PM)WaterHealerOfBurns Wrote:  Keep in mind the next Halloween update comes out soon.

good point...wait until about a week after the update to look for a DL because they are likely to change stuff and unless you purchase an account, i don't think you'll be able to update on day 0

Boredom is the #1 enemy of learning. Therefore, school is the #1 enemy of learning.

Hidden stuff:
Hidden stuff:

"free speech under the constitution only guarantees the government won't stop him saying it and does not guarantee his right to say things and have no consequences at all as a result. also i completely doubt that he is motivated solely by "i'm saying it because i can" and is probably motivated by a more shitheady motive like "i think it's funny to annoy people and Rustle Le Jimmies™ and is just hiding behind the first amendment to try to deflect any consequences or make you realize that being allowed to annoy people is a superior moral right. you can still disdain someone for doing things for dumbarse wankery purposes and you have evne more right to ban and insult them for it" ~Trar's friend about Potato.

10-07-2012 12:20 PM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Minecraft/Tekkit

Where do I find these "DL"'s?

10-07-2012 12:38 PM
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

(10-07-2012 12:38 PM)DoA Wrote:  Where do I find these "DL"'s?

the same place you find other free stuff...the black market, or in the case of the internet...Tortuga (just go to The Pirate Bay and troll around for a bit, I have the game so I've never tried to find account stuff, so I'm of no help)

Hidden stuff:
Hidden stuff:

10-07-2012 01:08 PM
guts12 Offline
Insane Survivor

Fair enough. We only need wooden planks and flint and steel to burn down a wooden school anyway. I just like Tekkit thats all. We could get a blueprint of it just make it over and over again. I don't mind, I just though it could be fun!
10-10-2012 06:42 AM
djskidd Offline
Defiant

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)
Minecraft/Tekkit

Unless you use WorldEdit- it can be used with Vanilla Minecraft and you just have to say //paste or something. As far as a server goes, my friend and I host a server- if we can get enough people there I might make a world just for these forums Smile
10-13-2012 01:00 PM
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

(10-13-2012 01:00 PM)djskidd Wrote:  Unless you use WorldEdit- it can be used with Vanilla Minecraft and you just have to say //paste or something. As far as a server goes, my friend and I host a server- if we can get enough people there I might make a world just for these forums Smile

give me the IP and i'll get on my other computer and check it out...unless your friend wants to deactivate the authentication...please, for me? (my skool computer doesn't let me connect to the minecraft servers in case you haven't read my other posts...that is the only reason we would have to make it a cracked server if we had our own official one)

Hidden stuff:
Hidden stuff:

10-13-2012 01:52 PM
Ky Offline
Shadow

(10-07-2012 08:41 AM)DoA Wrote:  Sure, as long as I don't have to pay for the game.

10-14-2012 02:55 AM
GreenLamp Offline
My lamp is green.

Given 22 thank(s) in 14 post(s)
Minecraft/Tekkit

Sounds fun!! I like this idea. But I don't know how to make a server.
10-14-2012 06:06 AM
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

(10-14-2012 06:06 AM)GreenLamp Wrote:  Sounds fun!! I like this idea. But I don't know how to make a server.

there are plenty of websites that will host the server for you, if you don't want to pay though then go visit the wiki because there is some port forwarding you have to do and it just gets all kinds of complicated...i would rather have a dedicated host though because then you won't have to worry too much about updating mods, regulating the downtime, etc

Hidden stuff:
Hidden stuff:

10-14-2012 06:31 AM
 Thanks given by: GreenLamp
AtheistLGBTQAnarchist Offline
Peace Loving Blood Lover

Given 47 thank(s) in 36 post(s)
Minecraft/Tekkit

I'd rather you go single-player but go on multiplayer and destroy bad servers.

Congratulations humanity,because you refuse to let go of the old and evolve you actually make people believe in 2012. Not only that, but you're the only species on Earth that were able to make it possible, now we get to sit until we die because we couldn't get to Mars. We have failed as a society and don't deserve our gifts to survive for this long. Maybe this is why dinosaurs are extinct, we sure aren't any better than the dirt you say we're created from. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...DvwSOFto#! Noo

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
-Albert Einstein

"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither."
-Benjamin Franklin
10-14-2012 06:37 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sharpie Offline
Banned

Given 169 thank(s) in 113 post(s)
Minecraft/Tekkit

There is an SD server that exists, but it's always down because nobody plays on it. If enough people are interested I could convince lunatic to keep it on more often, everything's already set up and good to go. It has industrialcraft installed on it and uses minecraft 1.2.5 (IC is better on 1.2.5 IMO)

As far as actually obtaining the game, I can help with that. I could just upload all my minecraft files somewhere and let everybody download it and I could include installation instructions. It takes literally a minute tops to get it working.

Enough people need to be interested though, the server takes up a lot of lunatic's computer resources. Unless I hosted it myself which I guess I could do.
(This post was last modified: 10-14-2012 04:07 PM by Sharpie.)
10-14-2012 04:05 PM
 Thanks given by: GreenLamp , Ky
Ky Offline
Shadow

(10-14-2012 04:05 PM)Silent Cynic Wrote:  There is an SD server that exists, but it's always down because nobody plays on it. If enough people are interested I could convince lunatic to keep it on more often, everything's already set up and good to go. It has industrialcraft installed on it and uses minecraft 1.2.5 (IC is better on 1.2.5 IMO)

As far as actually obtaining the game, I can help with that. I could just upload all my minecraft files somewhere and let everybody download it and I could include installation instructions. It takes literally a minute tops to get it working.

Enough people need to be interested though, the server takes up a lot of lunatic's computer resources. Unless I hosted it myself which I guess I could do.
That could work.

10-15-2012 03:29 AM
guts12 Offline
Insane Survivor

That's illegal, and Tekkit is much better. It has IC, along with BC, RP and many other mods. As well as add-ons, and mod compatibility. Obviously, someone would need to host it, but still.
10-15-2012 07:28 AM
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

(10-15-2012 07:28 AM)guts12 Wrote:  That's illegal, and Tekkit is much better. It has IC, along with BC, RP and many other mods. As well as add-ons, and mod compatibility. Obviously, someone would need to host it, but still.

what's illegal?

Tekkit is a completely different game from Minecraft, and the only mod I like that I can't have is RedPower because I would love to make extremely complex lines of redstone just to open 2 iron doors at once when I step on a pressure plate 500m away and then get through them at just the right time.

There is mod compatibility with Minecraft too, the only difference is that it's a bit harder to make everything compatible with everything.

I once again point my finger at a dedicated host that can give you as much ram as you want for a cheap price

Hidden stuff:
Hidden stuff:

10-15-2012 09:27 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

(10-15-2012 07:28 AM)guts12 Wrote:  That's illegal
Does it look like I care? I explicitly said that I did not want to pay for the game - if I were to obtain it without purchasing it, that would be illegal. Heck, even the mods are violations of fair use. Whether something is legal is of no concern to me.

10-15-2012 10:03 AM
Sharpie Offline
Banned

Minecraft/Tekkit

Honestly, IDC either way, but if you guys are actually serious about setting up a minecraft server then why not use the one that's already set up? It will require two minutes of effort on your part, me or lunatic will do everything related to keeping the server up and managing it.

If you're legitimately interested in playing on the server, tell me and I'll get shit going.

Hidden stuff:
Did I mention it's free?
(This post was last modified: 10-15-2012 01:45 PM by Sharpie.)
10-15-2012 01:43 PM
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

once again, you will have to turn off the authentication part of the server so that all of us can play together...my skool laptop is great for running it, while my desktop is laggy and i don't know how to use the keyboard for the less used stuff (like F3)

Hidden stuff:
Hidden stuff:

10-15-2012 09:40 PM
Ky Offline
Shadow

(10-15-2012 01:43 PM)Silent Cynic Wrote:  Honestly, IDC either way, but if you guys are actually serious about setting up a minecraft server then why not use the one that's already set up? It will require two minutes of effort on your part, me or lunatic will do everything related to keeping the server up and managing it.

If you're legitimately interested in playing on the server, tell me and I'll get shit going.

Hidden stuff:
Did I mention it's free?
FREE?

I'm in.

10-16-2012 06:13 AM
Sharpie Offline
Banned

Okayy so two people who are interested so far?

Anybody else?
10-17-2012 05:13 AM
GreenLamp Offline
My lamp is green.

Given 22 thank(s) in 14 post(s)
Minecraft/Tekkit

(10-17-2012 05:13 AM)Silent Cynic Wrote:  Okayy so two people who are interested so far?

Anybody else?

Me.
10-17-2012 06:11 AM
Sharpie Offline
Banned

Minecraft/Tekkit

Lunatic has given me all the server information, I'm setting everything up as we speak.

I'm also going to make a folder that includes everything you need to get the game and will include instructions.

Everything will be set up in half an hour if that. I'll make a new thread on the forums when I'm done.

EDIT:
I have an SSD. Hosting a minecraft server writes a bunch of shit to the hard drive and SSDs stop working after a certain amount of writes.
I'm going to use an old laptop HDD to run the server from, it'll take a bit longer to set everything up now. I should have everything done either later today or tomorrow.
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2012 07:26 AM by Sharpie.)
10-17-2012 06:39 AM
djskidd Offline
Defiant

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)
Minecraft/Tekkit

173.240.50.139:25565 you will need authentication. say that Sergi sent you when you join, I usually join after 3:15 PM on weekdays, I will join today but I also have Speech+Drama so that might be about 4:30-5:00 pm today
10-25-2012 02:21 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  A working Game Boy playing Pokemon Red...in Minecraft? HawkbitAlpha 3 2,634 04-25-2017 12:01 AM
Last Post: Username
  SS Minecraft Server? SoulRiser 32 12,510 01-31-2017 05:03 AM
Last Post: sswbm
  New Minecraft Server HSHARK 2 2,302 10-09-2016 10:42 AM
Last Post: HSHARK
  Review of Minecraft...curious about opinions! lisafromjackson 13 6,571 04-02-2016 11:35 AM
Last Post: brainiac3397
  SS minecraft server? gore goroth 33 19,244 10-27-2012 05:26 PM
Last Post: Heil_Kaiba8921
  Minecraft server is up Sharpie 17 6,980 10-20-2012 06:29 PM
Last Post: LiptomaticMate
  Minecraft యూజర్ పేరు 63 18,589 11-24-2011 09:23 AM
Last Post: LOON_ATTIC
  Video game hotline: Minecraft and other games thewake 11 7,192 08-02-2011 12:12 AM
Last Post: IllusoryDeath