RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi I'm Jon
Jon Offline
Defiant

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
Hi I'm Jon

I despise school and the way society is in general. I believe "God" is hocus pocus and anyone who believes in him should be sterilized (for the good of mankind) and checked for mental retardation. I also believe that morality is man made. I like existential nihilism. I recently started practising free running. I'm a vegetarian. I'm fifteen. I have lucid dreams. I've tried poly phasic sleeping, but I prefer just sleeping whenever I feel like it. (I didn't like the strict schedules.) I'm gay. My favourite book is Apt Pupil by Stephen King. I love energy drinks. The reason I became a vegetarian is because eating meat nowadays makes me feel sick. Literally. My favourite PC game is Postal 2. I use Firefox. I play guitar. Got enough? Biggrin
10-02-2012 11:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)
Hi I'm Jon

Nobody should be sterilized just because of what they believe in. That's fucked up.

Clearly you have not met any nice people who believe in God. They do exist, I know a few.

Other than that, hello.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
10-03-2012 12:56 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

Given 137 thank(s) in 84 post(s)
RE: Hi I'm Jon

Hey.

Previously known as Derchin.
10-03-2012 12:59 AM
 Thanks given by: NexdooseHeems
4r4b7 Away
im not banned

Given 16 thank(s) in 15 post(s)
Hi I'm Jon

GTFO Bigot.

Hidden stuff:

10-03-2012 02:08 AM
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

Given 109 thank(s) in 93 post(s)

...so is it alright if i dislike him for the first half of the things he said and not the other half?

Hello anyways

The less you try to control things, the less you need to.

Boredom is the #1 enemy of learning. Therefore, school is the #1 enemy of learning.

"Bodies fucking fuck."~Night.Artist

[Image: 41433.png][Image: 14362714_1336391025.png]

Hidden stuff:
[Image: asschart.jpg]
Hidden stuff:

"free speech under the constitution only guarantees the government won't stop him saying it and does not guarantee his right to say things and have no consequences at all as a result. also i completely doubt that he is motivated solely by "i'm saying it because i can" and is probably motivated by a more shitheady motive like "i think it's funny to annoy people and Rustle Le Jimmies™ and is just hiding behind the first amendment to try to deflect any consequences or make you realize that being allowed to annoy people is a superior moral right. you can still disdain someone for doing things for dumbarse wankery purposes and you have evne more right to ban and insult them for it" ~Trar's friend about Potato.

Thanks for the diploma… can I have my childhood back?

I’d love to have a battle of wits with you… but I hate to fight the unarmed.
10-03-2012 02:32 AM
techguy Offline
Insert Comment Here

Hi I'm Jon

People are allowed to feel how they feel. That's what open society is about. I'm new here too so welcome.
10-03-2012 02:36 AM
PlagueMeister Offline
Oppressed

Given 4 thank(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi I'm Jon

I don't agree with what you said at the beginning, but I forgot about it once I read the rest.

Welcome yo.

"The more you know, the more you know you don't know." ~Socrates
10-03-2012 04:30 AM
zagix Offline
Banned

Given 32 thank(s) in 25 post(s)
Hi I'm Jon

Yo smoke weed

let's have hot gaysex at my house
10-03-2012 05:36 AM
Vatman Offline
Foreplay in Ink

Given 98 thank(s) in 67 post(s)

Welcome!

Some cupid kills with arrows, some with traps.
10-03-2012 05:45 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Given 1469 thank(s) in 972 post(s)

(10-03-2012 02:32 AM)Heil_Kaiba8921 Wrote:  ...so is it alright if i dislike him for the first half of the things he said and not the other half?
I'm not sure, I'm not sure whether to metaphorically punch him in the face or figuratively shake his hand.

Public Service Announcement: First world problems are still problems.
10-03-2012 06:27 AM
AtheistLGBTQAnarchist Offline
Peace Loving Blood Lover

Given 47 thank(s) in 36 post(s)
Hi I'm Jon

As a Christian I'm going to enjoy reading your comments reapetedly showing you get laughed at. Don't insult my religion on the media! Typing on my ps vita.

Congratulations humanity,because you refuse to let go of the old and evolve you actually make people believe in 2012. Not only that, but you're the only species on Earth that were able to make it possible, now we get to sit until we die because we couldn't get to Mars. We have failed as a society and don't deserve our gifts to survive for this long. Maybe this is why dinosaurs are extinct, we sure aren't any better than the dirt you say we're created from. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...DvwSOFto#! Noo

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
-Albert Einstein

"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither."
-Benjamin Franklin
10-03-2012 10:45 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Lambda_Physicist
Ky Offline
Shadow

Hi I'm Jon

^ Ignore this guy. He does not speak for all the world's Christians.

10-03-2012 11:51 AM
Jon Offline
Defiant

I think it's funny that people want me to accept their beliefs while at the time they're shaming mine. You reap what you sow mate. And I don't hate religious people, I just believe that those who are willing to accept the most outragous things without any proof whatsoever, don't have the type of DNA beneficial for humanity. Therefore they shouldn't be allowed to pass them down.

(10-03-2012 02:32 AM)Heil_Kaiba8921 Wrote:  ...so is it alright if i dislike him for the first half of the things he said and not the other half?

Hello anyways

Of course you can partly dislike and partly like me, not everything is black and white.
10-03-2012 09:39 PM
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

(10-03-2012 09:39 PM)Jon Wrote:  I think it's funny that people want me to accept their beliefs while at the time they're shaming mine. You reap what you sow mate. And I don't hate religious people, I just believe that those who are willing to accept the most outragous things without any proof whatsoever, don't have the type of DNA beneficial for humanity. Therefore they shouldn't be allowed to pass them down.

accept the most outrageous things...
accept the most outrageous things

I honestly hope that you don't live in America and believe in our government, or any dictator currently in power.

Boredom is the #1 enemy of learning. Therefore, school is the #1 enemy of learning.

Hidden stuff:
Hidden stuff:

"free speech under the constitution only guarantees the government won't stop him saying it and does not guarantee his right to say things and have no consequences at all as a result. also i completely doubt that he is motivated solely by "i'm saying it because i can" and is probably motivated by a more shitheady motive like "i think it's funny to annoy people and Rustle Le Jimmies™ and is just hiding behind the first amendment to try to deflect any consequences or make you realize that being allowed to annoy people is a superior moral right. you can still disdain someone for doing things for dumbarse wankery purposes and you have evne more right to ban and insult them for it" ~Trar's friend about Potato.

10-03-2012 10:25 PM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

(10-03-2012 09:39 PM)Jon Wrote:  I think it's funny that people want me to accept their beliefs while at the time they're shaming mine. You reap what you sow mate. And I don't hate religious people, I just believe that those who are willing to accept the most outragous things without any proof whatsoever, don't have the type of DNA beneficial for humanity. Therefore they shouldn't be allowed to pass them down.

I don't believe in god and even I think that's bullshit.

10-04-2012 12:56 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

(10-03-2012 09:39 PM)Jon Wrote:  don't have the type of DNA beneficial for humanity. Therefore they shouldn't be allowed to pass them down.
OH PLEASE DON'T BE ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE

10-04-2012 06:11 AM
guts12 Offline
Insane Survivor

Given 30 thank(s) in 22 post(s)

I don't believe in god! But I have a mate who does, so I learn to not go telling the world much.

Oh, and GREEN FISHFINGERS!
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2012 06:12 AM by guts12.)
10-04-2012 06:11 AM
zagix Offline
Banned

Given 32 thank(s) in 25 post(s)
Hi I'm Jon

I love Jon. Now let's have gaysex, friend.
10-04-2012 07:17 AM
guts12 Offline
Insane Survivor

Given 30 thank(s) in 22 post(s)

(10-04-2012 06:11 AM)DoA Wrote:  
(10-03-2012 09:39 PM)Jon Wrote:  don't have the type of DNA beneficial for humanity. Therefore they shouldn't be allowed to pass them down.

The ones that believe in DNA?
10-04-2012 07:38 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

(10-04-2012 07:38 AM)guts12 Wrote:  

The ones that believe in DNA?
The ones that use DNA as an excuse.

10-04-2012 08:16 AM
Jon Offline
Defiant

(10-03-2012 10:25 PM)Heil_Kaiba8921 Wrote:  

accept the most outrageous things...

I honestly hope that you don't live in America and believe in our government, or any dictator currently in power.
I don't live in America. I don't like the idea of a government but I've yet to find a better solution. I don't really expect people to find one either. Almost seems like we humans aren't meant to live together since we seem incapable of doing so in harmony.

(10-04-2012 12:56 AM)Derchin Wrote:  

I don't believe in god and even I think that's bullshit.
Well you still want me to respect your beliefs, right? Whatever they may be.

It's not like it's gonna happen anyway. People will breed and breed and continue having kids with mental illnesses and mental retardation, nothing I'm doing is gonna change that so chill out. It's just the result of being stuck on Earth with too many idiots for too long.

(10-04-2012 06:11 AM)guts12 Wrote:  I don't believe in god! But I have a mate who does, so I learn to not go telling the world much.

Oh, and GREEN FISHFINGERS!
Good for you.
10-04-2012 05:38 PM
4r4b7 Away
im not banned

Hi I'm Jon

So you would stop billions of people to stop reproducing?

Hidden stuff:

10-04-2012 06:33 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Hi I'm Jon

lol. Since when do people's beliefs depend on their DNA? It doesn't work like that. People either choose their beliefs, or they are taught that way and just never question it. Nothing to do with DNA.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer

Hidden stuff:
10-04-2012 09:36 PM
Jon Offline
Defiant

(10-04-2012 06:33 PM)s Wrote:  So you would stop billions of people to stop reproducing?
If I could yes, but I can't. Sadly...

(10-04-2012 09:36 PM)SoulRiser Wrote:  lol. Since when do people's beliefs depend on their DNA? It doesn't work like that. People either choose their beliefs, or they are taught that way and just never question it. Nothing to do with DNA.

A person's DNA is what makes them have a high IQ (or not) and, while there have been religious people who were smart, in general theists' IQs are lower than atheists'. Therefore, obviously, there is a connection. And nobody chooses their beliefs, that's impossible. I can't magically make myself believe in God just because I know it would be nicer to, I can't. Nobody can. I don't know why you'd think that. Unless I misunderstood you somehow.
10-05-2012 12:37 AM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

(10-05-2012 12:37 AM)Jon Wrote:  And nobody chooses their beliefs, that's impossible.

Um, yes people do. All the time.

(10-05-2012 12:37 AM)Jon Wrote:  I can't magically make myself believe in God just because I know it would be nicer to, I can't. Nobody can.

Bullshit. If they were persuaded and pushed hard enough with facts, evidence, and/or tugging at emotional strings, they could possibly change beliefs. I've seen multiple Atheists, Christians, and Muslims, converts from other religions or lack there of.

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2012 01:02 AM by Miller0700.)
10-05-2012 12:41 AM
4r4b7 Away
im not banned

Hi I'm Jon

(10-05-2012 12:37 AM)Jon Wrote:  
(10-04-2012 06:33 PM)s Wrote:  So you would stop billions of people to stop reproducing?

You have a heart of stone.

Hidden stuff:

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2012 12:59 AM by 4r4b7.)
10-05-2012 12:58 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Hi I'm Jon

Actually, people can increase their IQ by exercising their braincells. Or decrease it by not using them.

And people choose their beliefs all the time. Like for example I choose to believe that people can change their IQ, I base this on studies I've read and on things I've seen. Someone else might choose not to believe it, either they have not seen the same studies, or they can choose to ignore them or whatever. There's always a choice.

IQ also isn't everything... there's also EQ, which I think is at least equally important, if not even more so. High EQ is what prevents people from doing things like abusing others and stuff. I think (could be wrong), Hitler had a high IQ, but clearly he was lacking in the EQ department.

Hidden stuff:
10-05-2012 02:09 AM
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

(10-05-2012 02:09 AM)SoulRiser Wrote:  Actually, people can increase their IQ by exercising their braincells. Or decrease it by not using them.

this reminds me of this

don't know if i posted this or not...but here it is anyways...women

Hidden stuff:
Hidden stuff:

10-05-2012 02:32 AM
techguy Offline
Insert Comment Here

Hi I'm Jon

Weird how anything can be turned into a religious debate and steer off into an alternate tangent just by one person's comment. EQ is emotional in case it wasn't clarified. Sometimes I think its funny how Christian people think their views represent "everything".
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2012 03:13 AM by techguy.)
10-05-2012 03:13 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

(10-05-2012 12:37 AM)Jon Wrote:  

(10-04-2012 09:36 PM)SoulRiser Wrote:  lol. Since when do people's beliefs depend on their DNA? It doesn't work like that. People either choose their beliefs, or they are taught that way and just never question it. Nothing to do with DNA.

A person's DNA is what makes them have a high IQ (or not) and, while there have been religious people who were smart, in general theists' IQs are lower than atheists'. Therefore, obviously, there is a connection. And nobody chooses their beliefs, that's impossible. I can't magically make myself believe in God just because I know it would be nicer to, I can't. Nobody can. I don't know why you'd think that. Unless I misunderstood you somehow.
Bolded text is what triggered the bullshit meter.

10-05-2012 06:20 AM