RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Poll: Anarchist Test
DO IT! ANARCHY!
DON'T DO IT! THIS IS CRAZY!
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We Need To Get Back On Our Game!
AtheistLGBTQAnarchist Offline
Peace Loving Blood Lover

Given 47 thank(s) in 36 post(s)
Big Grin We Need To Get Back On Our Game!

We need pro-schoolers to look at this now! We need good arguments now! We need to feel smarter than society again now!We need to get back on our AAAAA game because these forums have been down the hill since the wait for school to come back so we can see post! Spread this to every pro-school website there is because we need to be back in business. Those trolls got us to realize to true intelligence in our youth and true knowledge on how school is a misguided idea that could of had changes for the better! These forums will get us no where if our voices aren't heard! We must fight for ideas to be heard,one patriotized nazi at a time!MwahahaGoingcrazy

Congratulations humanity,because you refuse to let go of the old and evolve you actually make people believe in 2012. Not only that, but you're the only species on Earth that were able to make it possible, now we get to sit until we die because we couldn't get to Mars. We have failed as a society and don't deserve our gifts to survive for this long. Maybe this is why dinosaurs are extinct, we sure aren't any better than the dirt you say we're created from. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...DvwSOFto#! Noo

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
-Albert Einstein

"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither."
-Benjamin Franklin
09-30-2012 09:33 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

You really want a horde of idiots here?

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
09-30-2012 09:49 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Ky
GreenLamp Offline
My lamp is green.

Given 22 thank(s) in 14 post(s)

Sounds fun!! Let the debate begin C:<
(This post was last modified: 09-30-2012 10:10 AM by GreenLamp.)
09-30-2012 10:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

Given 137 thank(s) in 84 post(s)
RE: We Need To Get Back On Our Game!

Way ahead of ya. Didn't turn out the way I wanted it to...

http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=237461

Previously known as Derchin.
09-30-2012 10:08 AM
GreenLamp Offline
My lamp is green.

How are we gonna find a bunch of pro-schoolers to argue with?
09-30-2012 10:14 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Given 1469 thank(s) in 972 post(s)

Don't do it. We actually need to have intelligent debaters here if we're planning something this big, and all I see are the very people that would drive them away.

Public Service Announcement: First world problems are still problems.
09-30-2012 10:15 AM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

(09-30-2012 10:14 AM)GreenLamp Wrote:  How are we gonna find a bunch of pro-schoolers to argue with?

Follow the link.

09-30-2012 10:15 AM
GreenLamp Offline
My lamp is green.

(09-30-2012 10:15 AM)DoA Wrote:  We actually need to have intelligent debaters here if we're planning something this big,

Are you talking about the pro-schoolers or anti-schoolers?
09-30-2012 10:19 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

(09-30-2012 10:19 AM)GreenLamp Wrote:  
(09-30-2012 10:15 AM)DoA Wrote:  We actually need to have intelligent debaters here if we're planning something this big,

I'm talking about us, here. It doesn't help that this forum can act as a philosophy-magnet some days and an idiot-magnet others.

09-30-2012 10:21 AM
GreenLamp Offline
My lamp is green.

(09-30-2012 10:15 AM)Derchin Wrote:  
(09-30-2012 10:14 AM)GreenLamp Wrote:  How are we gonna find a bunch of pro-schoolers to argue with?

Follow the link.

Oops, I didn't look far enough to see the pro-school arguments. Razz
(This post was last modified: 09-30-2012 10:23 AM by GreenLamp.)
09-30-2012 10:22 AM
Peace Loving Blood Lover

Simple,we find the biggiest school websites and just say how school sucks a bit and post the link.

Congratulations humanity,because you refuse to let go of the old and evolve you actually make people believe in 2012. Not only that, but you're the only species on Earth that were able to make it possible, now we get to sit until we die because we couldn't get to Mars. We have failed as a society and don't deserve our gifts to survive for this long. Maybe this is why dinosaurs are extinct, we sure aren't any better than the dirt you say we're created from. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...DvwSOFto#! Noo

-Albert Einstein

-Benjamin Franklin
09-30-2012 10:26 AM
GreenLamp Offline
My lamp is green.

(09-30-2012 10:21 AM)DoA Wrote:  

I'm talking about us, here. It doesn't help that this forum can act as a philosophy-magnet some days and an idiot-magnet others.
Hmmmm.......
You do have a point. Trolls will make us look bad. But we also don't have much to lose, arguing with a few pro-schoolers. If they are intelligent enough, they should be able to see our point.

Then again, it's really not going to help our side when a bunch of idiots are calling our opponents bags of ****.

Hm.
09-30-2012 10:31 AM
Peace Loving Blood Lover

(09-30-2012 10:08 AM)Derchin Wrote:  Way ahead of ya. Didn't turn out the way I wanted it to...

http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=237461
Then we should just do it again,except get most of the people of the site to do it,and show both the main site and the forums. Pirate2

-Albert Einstein

-Benjamin Franklin
09-30-2012 10:37 AM
Peace Loving Blood Lover

(09-30-2012 10:31 AM)GreenLamp Wrote:  
(09-30-2012 10:21 AM)DoA Wrote:  

Hmmmm.......
You do have a point. Trolls will make us look bad. But we also don't have much to lose, arguing with a few pro-schoolers. If they are intelligent enough, they should be able to see our point.

Then again, it's really not going to help our side when a bunch of idiots are calling our opponents bags of ****.

Hm.
It will take time to find the right website with people ignorant, but not too ignorant. Whatever,I know we can do this,and this time Derchin and SoulRiser aren't going to be doing all the work! Giggle

-Albert Einstein

-Benjamin Franklin
09-30-2012 10:40 AM
 Thanks given by: GreenLamp , McGee!
Peace Loving Blood Lover

(09-30-2012 09:49 AM)SoulRiser Wrote:  You really want a horde of idiots here?

That depends on how idiotic they are.

-Albert Einstein

-Benjamin Franklin
09-30-2012 10:41 AM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

(09-30-2012 10:22 AM)GreenLamp Wrote:  

Follow the link.

09-30-2012 10:42 AM
GreenLamp Offline
My lamp is green.

(09-30-2012 10:42 AM)Derchin Wrote:  
(09-30-2012 10:22 AM)GreenLamp Wrote:  

Follow the link.

????? I just skimmed through the top.
09-30-2012 10:43 AM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

There's pages worth of pro-school arguments and materials.

09-30-2012 10:50 AM
IamNoone Offline
Pro Procrastinator

Given 63 thank(s) in 46 post(s)

I'm up for it. I don't know how well this is going to turn out though. I just have a feeling this is going to make us lOok bad.....

The purpose of life is a life with a purpose
So I’d rather die for a cause than live a life that is worthless
I don’t need the circus or the day of national observance
I need you to think for you and stop being a servant
-Immortal Technique, The Martyr, The Martyr
09-30-2012 10:52 AM
GreenLamp Offline
My lamp is green.

(09-30-2012 10:50 AM)Derchin Wrote:  There's pages worth of pro-school arguments and materials.
Excellent.

I don't think it's that bad of an idea. Surely there will be idiots, but it shouldn't stop us. We might be able to recruit more anti-schoolers. And from the looks of it, there aren't many recent debates about the subject here.

We have good reasons for our beliefs. Our argument isn't very flawed. Quite simple: input children, output workforce. Also to note we were one of the most educated countries in the world when they added schools to the US. Didn't make sense.

How will we ever accomplish much unless we can persuade others to our point of view? If they doubt us, we can explain ourselves.
(This post was last modified: 09-30-2012 11:00 AM by GreenLamp.)
09-30-2012 10:56 AM
Peace Loving Blood Lover

We might need to get other places that might love school too,like some Christian or government websites.

-Albert Einstein

-Benjamin Franklin
09-30-2012 11:16 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

Given 83 thank(s) in 67 post(s)

We should get people to come on and argue with us. We just need some good debators, and maybe try not to swear so we dont look bad.
09-30-2012 11:16 AM
Peace Loving Blood Lover

I don't really care that much about where the people are from as long as they're pro school.
http://www.schoolsucksproject.com Leave some comments on his recent podcast that might get him here and spread the word. Popcorn

-Albert Einstein

-Benjamin Franklin
09-30-2012 11:19 AM
GreenLamp Offline
My lamp is green.

(09-30-2012 11:19 AM)MentalAnarchist Wrote:  I don't really care that much about where the people are from as long as they're pro school.
http://www.schoolsucksproject.com Leave some comments on his recent podcast that might get him here and spread the word. Popcorn

The 2nd video down scared the s*** out of me O___O I'm scared of everything... I think stress has shortened my lifespan by at least 5 years.
09-30-2012 11:25 AM
Peace Loving Blood Lover

(09-30-2012 11:25 AM)GreenLamp Wrote:  
(09-30-2012 11:19 AM)MentalAnarchist Wrote:  I don't really care that much about where the people are from as long as they're pro school.

The 2nd video down scared the s*** out of me O___O I'm scared of everything... I think stress has shortened my lifespan by at least 5 years.

Ooooooook. Giggle Hug

-Albert Einstein

-Benjamin Franklin
09-30-2012 11:29 AM
Peace Loving Blood Lover

GOOD NIGHT!

-Albert Einstein

-Benjamin Franklin
09-30-2012 11:30 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

Given 83 thank(s) in 67 post(s)

How should I do that? Leave a comment about the podcast and mention this website? And witch podcast?
09-30-2012 11:31 AM
Peace Loving Blood Lover

Any podcast,all of them as long as you don't spam.Oh and I hate typing on phones.

-Albert Einstein

-Benjamin Franklin
09-30-2012 01:47 PM
Peace Loving Blood Lover

I also suggest putting them on the more recent ones too,that would make more sense.

-Albert Einstein

-Benjamin Franklin
09-30-2012 11:38 PM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Slow down there.

We need to make sure we're idiocy-free before we go challenge the pro-schoolers who aren't. I've detected a lot of bad grammar, a lot of generalizations, and a lot of name-calling in this thread alone. We do not have the good foothold here.

10-01-2012 01:55 AM
 Thanks given by: SoulRiser