RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apparently, I'm an Idiot
PlagueMeister Offline
Oppressed

Given 4 thank(s) in 4 post(s)
Apparently, I'm an Idiot

So I got my grades in today, (some type of progress report thing) and it turned out that I have three F's. That fact did not surprise me in the slightest. I do shitty work, I tune out and sleep in class, and I basically act like an smartass to my teachers.(An attitude that they deem themselves worthy of receiving, I should add) Before I could intercept the mail and throw away the evidence of my "failure" my parents got to it, and had a little chat with me. By chat, I mean that they bashed my intelligence, harangued me about my grades and my efforts in class, and thought it best to punish me because I'm not working up to my, said potential.
They kept asking me, "Do you think you're worthy of these grades? Are you an idiot? Are you stupid?"
All I said was, "Apparently," and that drove them INSANE.
They're the ones who spout out that authoritative figures are the ones who should have the last word in everything, and should be able to pass judgement unto any one of less position.(regarding authority) so why would they get pissed when I agree with what the all mighty teachers have to say about me? Am I so wrong to be unaffected by the shocking results of my lethargic participation?? Should I get worked up about something that doesn't even matter?
Why the hell are parents so goddamn hypocritical when they are trying to be right?
I earned those F's and am so fucking proud of them.

"The more you know, the more you know you don't know." ~Socrates
09-25-2012 09:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ky Offline
Shadow

Given 1469 thank(s) in 972 post(s)
Apparently, I'm an Idiot

I got two F's and two D's. I'm proud of them too, but I'll have to swallow my pride and make them all D's.

Public Service Announcement: First world problems are still problems.
09-25-2012 09:59 AM
AtheistLGBTQAnarchist Offline
Peace Loving Blood Lover

Given 47 thank(s) in 36 post(s)
Apparently, I'm an Idiot

At least you don't have turnitin.com...

Congratulations humanity,because you refuse to let go of the old and evolve you actually make people believe in 2012. Not only that, but you're the only species on Earth that were able to make it possible, now we get to sit until we die because we couldn't get to Mars. We have failed as a society and don't deserve our gifts to survive for this long. Maybe this is why dinosaurs are extinct, we sure aren't any better than the dirt you say we're created from. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...DvwSOFto#! Noo

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
-Albert Einstein

"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither."
-Benjamin Franklin
09-25-2012 10:07 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PlagueMeister Offline
Oppressed

Given 4 thank(s) in 4 post(s)
RE: Apparently, I'm an Idiot

(09-25-2012 10:07 AM)YoungestAnarchist Wrote:  At least you don't have turnitin.com...

That site that checks for plagiarism?

"The more you know, the more you know you don't know." ~Socrates
09-25-2012 10:14 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

(09-25-2012 10:14 AM)PlagueMeister Wrote:  
(09-25-2012 10:07 AM)YoungestAnarchist Wrote:  At least you don't have turnitin.com...

That site that checks for plagiarism?
I hate that site. Turnitin (and WebASSign as well) can kiss my ass.

09-25-2012 10:19 AM
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

Given 109 thank(s) in 93 post(s)

not all my teachers have recorded grades, but as of right now I have 1 B 2 Cs 1 D and 1 F and the F is just because i didn't do a dumb research paper that had to be about something modern, even though people were doing WW2 (like that hasn't been done to death, unless there is new information that is actually interesting, I DON'T CARE) so idk how "modern" it had to be, but aside from the fact that I couldn't think of something to do that was "specific" enough for her, I didn't know what all we had to do because she didn't spend much time getting us ready for it (this paper was started like 3 or 4 weeks ago and school started on the 14th of August)

The less you try to control things, the less you need to.

Boredom is the #1 enemy of learning. Therefore, school is the #1 enemy of learning.

"Bodies fucking fuck."~Night.Artist

[Image: 41433.png][Image: 14362714_1336391025.png]

Hidden stuff:
[Image: asschart.jpg]
Hidden stuff:

"free speech under the constitution only guarantees the government won't stop him saying it and does not guarantee his right to say things and have no consequences at all as a result. also i completely doubt that he is motivated solely by "i'm saying it because i can" and is probably motivated by a more shitheady motive like "i think it's funny to annoy people and Rustle Le Jimmies™ and is just hiding behind the first amendment to try to deflect any consequences or make you realize that being allowed to annoy people is a superior moral right. you can still disdain someone for doing things for dumbarse wankery purposes and you have evne more right to ban and insult them for it" ~Trar's friend about Potato.

Thanks for the diploma… can I have my childhood back?

I’d love to have a battle of wits with you… but I hate to fight the unarmed.
09-25-2012 11:46 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)
Apparently, I'm an Idiot

I like how you said you're proud of those F's and you earned them. Giggle

You're not an idiot though. Grades don't measure intelligence. But you already knew that. Razz

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
09-25-2012 07:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
guts12 Offline
Insane Survivor

Given 30 thank(s) in 22 post(s)

Really, good grades and being smart are a winning combo. If you aren't perfect, opt for being smart. It's a lot more showy than grades. An intelligent 50 year old is significantly better than a 50 year old with good grades.
09-26-2012 07:08 AM
Peace Loving Blood Lover

Apparently, I'm an Idiot

Now,I don't believe anyone who says they got F's and hasn't been beaten.I've gotten in trouble in second grade just for not saying the pledge of alliegence.I wish I could punch that women now,no matter what it takes too.

Congratulations humanity,because you refuse to let go of the old and evolve you actually make people believe in 2012. Not only that, but you're the only species on Earth that were able to make it possible, now we get to sit until we die because we couldn't get to Mars. We have failed as a society and don't deserve our gifts to survive for this long. Maybe this is why dinosaurs are extinct, we sure aren't any better than the dirt you say we're created from. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...DvwSOFto#! Noo

-Albert Einstein

-Benjamin Franklin
09-26-2012 08:04 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

Given 83 thank(s) in 67 post(s)

Be proud of those fs. I have so far gotten all fs this year, and I am doing fine. Whoever invented grades is a shithead who wants us in deep shit with our parents.
09-26-2012 08:08 AM
Peace Loving Blood Lover

Apparently, I'm an Idiot

The anyone reason we go to school is because OUR PARENTS are always behind our back making sure we get all A's or whatever their expectations are.For me it's A's,yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

-Albert Einstein

-Benjamin Franklin
09-26-2012 08:13 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

Given 83 thank(s) in 67 post(s)

(09-26-2012 08:13 AM)YoungestAnarchist Wrote:  The anyone reason we go to school is because OUR PARENTS are always behind our back making sure we get all A's or whatever their expectations are.For me it's A's,yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

My mom was the all A's or else I will really hurt you type. She is now in jail. I agree that parents are the only reason anyone will try, I have completely stopped giving a fuck about school now tyat she is in the slammer.
09-26-2012 09:57 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Apparently, I'm an Idiot

^ Just remember to keep learning. School is probably the worst place to do that, though, but there's still something you can take away from it. Now the grades don't matter - it's what information you do accumulate that helps you.

09-26-2012 10:23 AM
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

the only reason I'm trying to get my grades up this year (once we get to the work that i actually know what the fuck i'm supposed to do) is so that 1) my parents won't be mad and 2)it'll be a lot easier to get into college...not sure if the Army takes grades into account, but I think you should just have to pass a few basic things to be able to serve your country.

Boredom is the #1 enemy of learning. Therefore, school is the #1 enemy of learning.

Hidden stuff:
Hidden stuff:

"free speech under the constitution only guarantees the government won't stop him saying it and does not guarantee his right to say things and have no consequences at all as a result. also i completely doubt that he is motivated solely by "i'm saying it because i can" and is probably motivated by a more shitheady motive like "i think it's funny to annoy people and Rustle Le Jimmies™ and is just hiding behind the first amendment to try to deflect any consequences or make you realize that being allowed to annoy people is a superior moral right. you can still disdain someone for doing things for dumbarse wankery purposes and you have evne more right to ban and insult them for it" ~Trar's friend about Potato.

09-26-2012 10:57 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Apparently, I'm an Idiot

^ Here's an idea. Instead of serving your country, don't. That's all the advice I have for now - see ya.

09-26-2012 11:05 AM
Bob42 Offline
Rebel

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

I feel like such an idiot sometimes at school during tests when everyone else gets an A and I get a D because I wasn't paying attention.
09-26-2012 11:07 AM
guts12 Offline
Insane Survivor

If you pay attention in class, homework is soo easy. Plus, you can do all your learning else where if nessacary. I learnt lots on the internet. It's a nice place!
09-27-2012 07:11 AM
Peace Loving Blood Lover

Apparently, I'm an Idiot

Noob please,he shouldn't even try because it isn't worth it anyway.

-Albert Einstein

-Benjamin Franklin
09-27-2012 07:50 AM
GreenLamp Offline
My lamp is green.

Given 22 thank(s) in 14 post(s)
Apparently, I'm an Idiot

(09-26-2012 11:07 AM)Bob42 Wrote:  I feel like such an idiot sometimes at school during tests when everyone else gets an A and I get a D because I wasn't paying attention.

Why feel stupid? Grades don't measure intelligence. It just means you were acting like a normal human being by not listening to something boring and usually unimportant. Don't feel bad! Biggrin
09-27-2012 07:54 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

(09-27-2012 07:54 AM)GreenLamp Wrote:  
(09-26-2012 11:07 AM)Bob42 Wrote:  I feel like such an idiot sometimes at school during tests when everyone else gets an A and I get a D because I wasn't paying attention.

Why feel stupid? Grades don't measure intelligence. It just means you were acting like a normal human being by not listening to something boring and usually unimportant. Don't feel bad! Biggrin
Define "normal".

09-27-2012 07:59 AM
GreenLamp Offline
My lamp is green.

Apparently, I'm an Idiot

(09-27-2012 07:59 AM)DoA Wrote:  
(09-27-2012 07:54 AM)GreenLamp Wrote:  

Define "normal".

Wut?

normal as in: average, healthy, natural human behavior.

????????????????????????????
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2012 08:07 AM by GreenLamp.)
09-27-2012 08:00 AM
guts12 Offline
Insane Survivor

Opposite of meh is normal actually. Trust me on this one, I know.
09-27-2012 08:46 AM
GreenLamp Offline
My lamp is green.

Apparently, I'm an Idiot

No one is perfectly "normal". I was just referring to standard human behavior.
09-27-2012 08:56 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Apparently, I'm an Idiot

^ Unfortunately, defying the school system despite the pain it might cause you wouldn't be classified as standard human behavior. Still, it should be.

09-27-2012 09:16 AM
GreenLamp Offline
My lamp is green.

Apparently, I'm an Idiot

True that. ^
09-27-2012 09:21 AM
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

All I can contribute to this conversation about being "normal" is that "People don't normally think about things like death"~Mr. Roop (translated to what he really means: "If you think about death, you're abnormal and need to tell me about this person that is bullying you"~Mr. Roop

Hidden stuff:
Hidden stuff:

09-27-2012 10:57 AM
sneaky Offline
Renegade

Given 3 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

Norms are different within every society, and whatever the norm is in this society, I hope to not be that.
09-28-2012 11:37 AM
guts12 Offline
Insane Survivor

Being normal is liking being a robot. You end up being the same as everyone else. All hail the individuals!
09-29-2012 07:19 AM
Peace Loving Blood Lover

Apparently, I'm an Idiot

It feels like America is pretending to support democracy,when it's really supporting fascism.

-Albert Einstein

-Benjamin Franklin
09-30-2012 12:08 AM
GreenLamp Offline
My lamp is green.

Apparently, I'm an Idiot

Note to self: Do not use the word "normal" on this forum.....
(This post was last modified: 09-30-2012 12:58 AM by GreenLamp.)
09-30-2012 12:53 AM
 Thanks given by: Heil_Kaiba8921

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Apparently language is natrual like breathing. MurkScribe 2 2,340 08-16-2015 08:15 AM
Last Post: True Strasserist
  25% gets you a D, apparently Sunbourn 3 3,679 11-06-2013 10:33 PM
Last Post: Heil_Kaiba8921
  once again, my only idiot teacher proves he's an idiot Heil_Kaiba8921 7 4,397 10-10-2012 06:38 AM
Last Post: guts12
  Apparently nothing matters except grades. Dirtbikemike 5 3,537 04-23-2012 07:00 AM
Last Post: aCol
  I don't say the pledge, so apparently I hate freedom Sapphire Flames 29 12,218 03-16-2012 11:57 AM
Last Post: Faroven
  Schoole prepares me for a job, apparently flann 10 3,663 02-17-2011 03:30 PM
Last Post: alexander144
  Apparently I suck at driving యూజర్ పేరు 23 6,994 07-06-2010 05:38 AM
Last Post: యూజర్ పేరు