RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Success against school administration
Sharpie Offline
Banned

Given 169 thank(s) in 113 post(s)
Success against school administration

Today I got suspended. Again. For the same exact thing as last time.
I didn't go to a classroom during my lunch period that I was suppose to go to for academic probation (AP)

Why? We had a chemistry test today, and instead of going I studied with my friend for the test and copied his notes. He isn't able to go to the classroom I had to go to and we both needed the notes at the same time, so I had no other option.
I got suspended because instead of going to a room filled with a bunch of obnoxious pricks and getting distracted, I stayed in the lunch room and studied for a test. LOL.

Mrs. Marcum (my counselor. At this point, I don't care for trying to hide her name.) told me I'm suspended then got pissed and told me to leave her office when I tried talking to her about it. I wasn't being rude or anything. She constantly told me several times that I "can't take responsibility for my actions" when I specifically admitted that I didn't go to AP and was instead in the lunch room. She also said that I was "pointing fingers at other people"

LMAO what the legitimate fuck? I didn't blame what I did on someone else, how in the hell am I pointing fingers at other people?

AP is such a fail. People go in there and do nothing. They say it's to try and encourage us to do our work, but when you more or less move students from the lunchroom into another room and don't have a teacher supervising, that's just moving us to another room. I don't get how you can honestly think that encourages us to do our work. If there is a teacher supervising the room, they do their own thing and do not tell us to do a single thing. People talk, eat their lunch, and do what they always do at lunch, which is everything besides school work. Moving us into a new room in no way encourages anybody to do anything.

If you go by what teachers always say and look at what's "best for my future", not going to AP helps me. I actually studied for my test the entire lunch period. If I had gone to AP I would have gotten distracted and would have done nothing. Studying for a test gets my grades up, sitting in a classroom doesn't.
I tried explaining all this to her
My parents also agreed that the AP stuff is stupid and pointless. That made me feel a bit more sane, most of the time parents agree with the school. My mom told me that she was told that the AP policy would be changed soon because of this.
Feelsgoodman.jpg
03-23-2012 07:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dirtbikemike Offline
Balls denser than a White Dwarf

Given 78 thank(s) in 45 post(s)
RE: Success against school administration

I got a detention today for skipping a class to be social :MyMindIsFullOfFuck: is your suspension in school or out?

Balls of Steel:
Hidden stuff:
(01-13-2012 10:37 AM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  Mike you deserve an SS medal. Here, be proud:
[Image: BallsofSteel2.png]
Congrats for doing something I never had the balls to do.
If you have kids, save them from the bullshit you are forced to go through.
(01-25-2012 05:36 AM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  Balls of steel re-awarded. 
(02-07-2012 03:22 PM)flann Wrote:  Balls of Tungsten, now.

I found a picture for tungsten balls
http://bit.ly/xqd1zk

(02-14-2012 03:17 PM)Maelstrom Wrote:  Your balls are denser than white dwarf star matter.
(03-13-2012 08:27 PM)M3116 Wrote:  Balls of steel re-re-reawarded Nutter

(05-14-2013 03:01 PM)Prince Darkstar Wrote:  Dirtbikemike is the only guy I know of on here who won an argument with a teacher.
(This post was last modified: 03-23-2012 07:23 AM by Dirtbikemike.)
03-23-2012 07:22 AM
Wingless Offline
el presidente

Given 7 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

Wow, what a dumb cunt. Our school's AP program was pretty retarded too, according to most of my friends. I only took AP psych, which was alright, but I didn't even bother with taking the AP test because it was like $100 to do so and it would be completely pointless and useless to me.

[Image: sigtest1-1.jpg]

"When government surveillance and intimidation is called "freedom from terrorism" or "liberation from crime," freedom and liberty have become words without meanings." - Deus Ex
03-23-2012 07:30 AM
Sharpie Offline
Banned

(03-23-2012 07:22 AM)Dirtbikemike Wrote:  I got a detention today for skipping a class to be social :MyMindIsFullOfFuck: is your suspension in school or out?

Out of school, my school doesn't have in school. Some punishment, giving me a day off.
03-23-2012 08:44 AM
Luizao876 Offline
Everyone's favorite Huezillian

Given 22 thank(s) in 17 post(s)

Well, that's bad, Sharp. Maybe, when I feel like it, I stir up some trouble when I feel like it, so I can get a out-school suspension.
(This post was last modified: 03-23-2012 08:48 AM by Luizao876.)
03-23-2012 08:47 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
M3116 Offline
I and I

Given 5 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

The rules > anything, even the goal of the rules
God, academic probation. Only just another way to ignore their legal obligation to give you a lunch break. I wonder how they'd like it if their stupid academic probation made their test scores drop completely. I always threaten to do that when I am talking with an administrator, but I'm a diplomat so I never get in trouble. I really am. You ought to try it, but not with the fat slag. It's already a lost cause with that thing.
Just remember, it isn't about your education and success, it's about their test scores. Why would they care about you? They are run by things that resemble Jabba the hut and are incapable of rationalization or even sympathy outside of the revered rules. What the problem is, the problem is you've been too much of an honest guy and you have to realize you can't expect to talk to any of them reasonably. Enjoy your day off.
03-23-2012 03:41 PM
Efs Offline
Fanatic

Given 101 thank(s) in 70 post(s)

The only words I could think of after reading that:
"What the fuck?"

(01-10-2012 02:15 PM)Maelstrom Wrote:  Efs, your nihilism is beautiful.
03-23-2012 09:20 PM
Sharpie Offline
Banned

(03-23-2012 03:41 PM)M3116 Wrote:  Just remember, it isn't about your education and success, it's about their test scores. Why would they care about you? They are run by things that resemble Jabba the hut and are incapable of rationalization or even sympathy outside of the revered rules. What the problem is, the problem is you've been too much of an honest guy and you have to realize you can't expect to talk to any of them reasonably. Enjoy your day off.

They just want us to get our grades up so the school will look good and more people will go to it which means more tax dollars for them. I didn't even bother pointing this out, she would claim I'm insane or something.
03-24-2012 01:06 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Student + Teacher = Success brainiac3397 5 3,952 02-15-2014 11:12 AM
Last Post: James Comey
  12 y/o dies from cancer. Supporters disrespected by administration Dirtbikemike 10 8,149 11-24-2013 06:08 AM
Last Post: 34f3o4wfekwlefjweihj0if'uwkp3rdij
  My teacher is "speaking to the administration" about me. CrayolaColours 14 4,969 04-12-2013 09:48 PM
Last Post: brainiac3397
  Too Stressed For School Success? convention display 2 2,683 05-04-2011 01:52 AM
Last Post: Megawatkins
  Venting about people who think Success=Happiness TheSJKarma 3 1,921 02-09-2010 06:01 AM
Last Post: LOON_ATTIC
  I scared the administration today. :D Aviator 16 4,517 11-01-2009 08:12 AM
Last Post: AWOL
  The Stupid Success Awards La Barata 49 7,451 08-29-2008 04:55 AM
Last Post: Trar