RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
British government considers using nerve agents on their own people
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)
British government considers using nerve agents on their own people

Quote:(NaturalNews) British government may use nerve agents on their own people, leading neuroscientists have warned. The agents to be used by police would be banned under an international treaty on chemical weapons, however the government may use a loophole that means it can use the nerve agents against demonstrators within its own borders. Experts have asked the government whether it intends to develop chemical agents that would incapacitate and go beyond the chemical irritants already used such as CS gas.

The experts were commissioned by the Royal Society, to investigate new agents that could be used in the military, however the experts concluded that the government may be prepared to exploit a loophole in the 1993 Chemical Weapons Convention which bans the development and use of toxic chemicals and nerve agents in military conflict, but there is exemption for domestic purposes.

The Royal Society group reported that the government had shifted its position from only using irritants such as CS gas to using the type of nerve agents used in hostage situations in Russia. The report says "The development of incapacitating chemical agents, ostensibly for law-enforcement purposes, raises a number of concerns in the context of humanitarian and human-rights law, as well as the Chemical Weapons Convention (CWC)."

It went on to say, "The UK Government should publish a statement on the reasons for its apparent recent shift in position on the interpretation of the CWC's law enforcement position." The Royal Society group points to a 1992 statement by Douglas Hogg, the then Foreign Office Minister, who indicated that riot-control agents were the only toxic chemicals that the UK considered to be permitted for law-enforcement purposes. But in 2009 ministers gave a less-restrictive definition suggesting the use of "incapacitating" chemical agents would be permitted for law-enforcement purposes as long as they were in the categories and quantities consistent with that permitted purpose."

In a statement, Professor Rod Flower, from Queen Mary University of London, said in the Independent newspaper that, "the insights into the human brain were leading to novel ways of degrading human performance using chemicals."

Why has the British government changed it's position?
The question that must be asked is why the British government suddenly thinks that this kind of urban warfare against its own people is necessary. The riots in London, Manchester and Birmingham in 2011 were difficult to control, but they would have been avoided without the austerity measures put in place by the government after they had to bail out greedy bankers, that have caused mass unemployment, huge national debt and poverty to come back to Britain, in a way that hasn't been seen since the general strikes of the 1970s.

Other world leaders who used chemical agents on their own people include Adolf Hitler, Saddam Hussain and Colonel Gadhafi.

http://www.naturalnews.com/035017_nerve_...oters.html

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
02-21-2012 04:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
1312 Offline
It gets better, believe me. :)

Given 44 thank(s) in 30 post(s)
RE: British government considers using nerve agents on their own people

Quote:Other world leaders who used chemical agents on their own people include Adolf Hitler, Saddam Hussain and Colonel Gadhafi.
Oh noooooo, the 3 most evil people on earth!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone else thinks that this is bullshit? I mean last sentence..
(This post was last modified: 02-21-2012 05:03 AM by 1312.)
02-21-2012 05:02 AM
OasisxPoisonxProdigy Offline
IT Geek

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

(02-21-2012 05:02 AM)LedoS Wrote:  
Quote:Other world leaders who used chemical agents on their own people include Adolf Hitler, Saddam Hussain and Colonel Gadhafi.
Oh noooooo, the 3 most evil people on earth!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone else thinks that this is bullshit? I mean last sentence..
Yeah atleast the Hitler one, the only evidence of hitler using any chemicals on his people was meth for the soldiers so they last longer and shit. He never used those substances on his people. The only other chemical he used was the Zyklon-B in Auschwitz.
Hitler didn't need to use such chemicals on his civilians because they were so brainwashed and lived in fear.
02-21-2012 05:17 AM
1312 Offline

Probably, but what's the fear you talking about? Do you even know how commies lived back then?

I'm sure that Qaddafi didn't use any of this shit on his people, because in his country, power was for people, he just guided them in right direction, he wasn't no dictator, so I don't see why would he even use chems..
02-21-2012 05:35 AM
IT Geek

(02-21-2012 05:35 AM)LedoS Wrote:  Probably, but what's the fear you talking about? Do you even know how commies lived back then?

I'm sure that Qaddafi didn't use any of this shit on his people, because in his country, power was for people, he just guided them in right direction, he wasn't no dictator, so I don't see why would he even use chems..
If you went against the Nazi party you would get killed. Night of the Long Knives
02-21-2012 06:01 AM
1312 Offline

But so did Stalin.
02-21-2012 06:11 AM
IT Geek

(02-21-2012 06:11 AM)LedoS Wrote:  But so did Stalin.
I'm not sure what you mean by that. yeah I know stalin did too, just because one person uses the same technique to scare someone else doesn't mean that their tactics didn't make people live in fear.
02-21-2012 02:41 PM
Efs Offline
Fanatic

Given 101 thank(s) in 70 post(s)

lol

(01-10-2012 02:15 PM)Maelstrom Wrote:  Efs, your nihilism is beautiful.
02-21-2012 04:46 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  British ..V.. 8 4,109 07-12-2013 05:34 PM
Last Post: brainiac3397
  Passaic, N.J. Considers Charging For Emergency Calls HeartofShadows 1 1,295 04-03-2012 08:58 AM
Last Post: Efs
  British Government to axe House of Lords aaaaaaasd 2 1,551 03-16-2010 02:59 AM
Last Post: aaaaaaasd