RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I carry a god damn knife, I'm not a bloody terrorist.
RandomTroll Offline
They see me trollin', they hatin'.

Given 5 thank(s) in 5 post(s)
I carry a god damn knife, I'm not a bloody terrorist.

I always try to keep few tools on me. These include: A small screwdriver set, Flashlight, Knife (ballisong/butterfly knife/whatever) and a bottle opener (though I rarely use it, I open bottles like a boss, with my phone). This is my daily load-out and you would be surprised how often I use these tools.

So one day my dad discovered this "load-out" and got really fucking pissed. Especially for the knife. Yea, It's a knife, I get it, also I'm responsible enough to understand the dangers of knife and how to use it properly, so for me It's a tool, a tool that is comfortable to use (I tried carrying other types of knifes, butterfly knife for me is the most comfortable to use). I got a huge fucking lesson about how carrying "weapons" is illegal and how I'm a terrorist, a fucking threat to society. Well in that case, everything around me is a bloody weapon, like this phone charger in front of me right now. I tried explaining him my reasons, but nothing, no reaction. He kept repeating the same crap without listening to any reason. IT'S A GOD DAMN TOOL, NOT A WEAPON.

/rant
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2012 08:59 AM by RandomTroll.)
01-08-2012 08:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
1312 Offline
It gets better, believe me. :)

Given 44 thank(s) in 30 post(s)
RE: I carry a god damn knife, I'm not a bloody terrorist.

Send him to ignore list.
01-08-2012 08:59 AM
RandomTroll Offline

(01-08-2012 08:59 AM)LedoS Wrote:  Send him to ignore list.
He's not a bad person, but some times, I wish I could.
01-08-2012 09:00 AM
UltraRobot Offline
I need you to escape.

Given 6 thank(s) in 5 post(s)

Inb4 bulgvar.

But yeah, your dad is being pretty retarded.

[Image: gPE89.gif]

[Image: DeusExTestSign.jpg]

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly." - Albert Einstein

"Within a few years a simple and inexpensive device, readily carried about, will enable one to receive on land or sea the principal news, to hear a speech, a lecture, a song or play of a musical instrument, conveyed from any other region of the globe." - Nikola Tesla
01-08-2012 09:07 AM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Given 60 thank(s) in 49 post(s)

...Were you even bringing that to school? That could get you in shit, otherwise, his argument's retarded. Unless it's illegal to carry knives or something where you live None

[Image: glorious666.png]
01-08-2012 09:07 AM
Leon Kinotolian Offline
Admincat

Given 11 thank(s) in 9 post(s)

People who do that are irritating. So what if you're carrying a knife? I never leave my dwelling without my knife. It's a very practical tool, and that's what I use it as: a tool. The only time it is considered a weapon in my hands is if someone were to attack me. On the other hand, anything can be considered a weapon in that event.

If he's not going to at least listen and respond to you, ignore him. He's being a child - and probably overprotective - about it.

*Tentaclerape*
Hidden stuff:
The Desert Fox Wrote:
Rebelnerd Wrote:Avatar was an inside job.
For $9.11 I'll give you an inside job.
Raikuron Wrote:Okay. I fail. DISREGARD THAT EVERYONE, I SUCK COCKS!
BaronVonStrangle Wrote:fox you should take everything mystery says with a pinch of salt

and by pinch of salt i actually mean you need to build a fucking salt processing plant so you have enough salt to dispell the bullshit
01-08-2012 09:13 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
.Manicrose. Offline
CODSWALLOP

Given 16 thank(s) in 11 post(s)

Inb4 knives are outlawed everywhere and you must cut food with your fingernails.

Go to work. Send your kids to school. Follow fashion. Act normal. Walk on the pavement. Watch TV. Save for your old age. Obey the law. Repeat after me: "I am free."

Hidden stuff:
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2012 09:13 AM by .Manicrose..)
01-08-2012 09:13 AM
Luizao876 Offline
Everyone's favorite Huezillian

Given 22 thank(s) in 17 post(s)

You use it only as a tool? Like opening boxes and such? You never used knive as a weapon? If you only use as a tool, your dad is bloody retarted.
01-08-2012 09:19 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RandomTroll Offline

In my country, we can carry knifes. Somebody asked, yes I carry it to school, but school doesn't give two shits what I have.

I would only use that knife as a weapon in self-defense, if I tried and failed defending myself with fists.
01-08-2012 09:24 AM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

is your dad a public school teacher in the US or what the fuck

01-08-2012 09:24 AM
RandomTroll Offline

(01-08-2012 09:24 AM)Lunatic Wrote:  is your dad a public school teacher in the US or what the fuck
Ex-Policeman.
01-08-2012 10:13 AM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

wow :|

01-08-2012 10:21 AM
aCol Offline
Distiller of hate

Given 20 thank(s) in 14 post(s)

Do you know how to use a balisong? I hate these pricks using wepons they can't handle (like balisongs, bo, shuriken, hand gun, etc.)

RIP GORE GOROTH

RIP GORE GOROTH

RIP GORE GOROTH
01-08-2012 10:36 AM
RandomTroll Offline

(01-08-2012 10:36 AM)aCol Wrote:  Do you know how to use a balisong? I hate these pricks using wepons they can't handle (like balisongs, bo, shuriken, hand gun, etc.)
Yea, I know, not bad in fact, took some time to learn, I got some tricks, but I mainly use ones that are simple, and are for opening and closing.
01-08-2012 10:55 AM
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

Given 68 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

I don't know if we can carry knives in my country, but I do anyway. One time someone got out of a car and got in a fight with me so now I always carry something to defend myself with.

No, this is Patrick.
01-08-2012 10:55 AM
Efs Offline
Fanatic

Given 101 thank(s) in 70 post(s)

In Australia we can't carry knives either.
But holy fuck ANYTHING could be used as a weapon...

(01-10-2012 02:15 PM)Maelstrom Wrote:  Efs, your nihilism is beautiful.
01-08-2012 10:27 PM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Given 184 thank(s) in 127 post(s)

lolwut.

I carry a knife all of the time, in and out of school. It's pretty fucking big too. FUCK DA POLEESE.

Blog I post to now:
http://blog.darknedgy.net

Edfreedom.org -- An organization for more freedom in education.
http://www.edfreedom.org/join-us/
01-09-2012 03:42 AM
Sunbourn Offline
Proud crazy cat man

Given 289 thank(s) in 192 post(s)

Nothing wrong with carrying around a knife for self defence or for use as a tool. Of course society pigeon holes people who carry around knives as dangerous thugs, which has led to every school to punish their carry with suspension or expulsion. One of my bros was suspended an entire year because his knife fell out his pocket in the hallway, and somebody else I know was suspended for pulling out a tool that had many uses including having a knife in woodshop class last year. The teacher didn't even want to send him to the office because it's a stupid reason but he sort of had to. So if you're going to carry around a knife, make sure it is secure and that you only pull it out if you absolutely need to or know you're in a location you can't get in to a pile of shit for it.

In my opinion everybody should have the privilege to carry weapons on school grounds, and they would have to do something violent to lose this privilege. If you know you're surrounded by people who are armed, then you're sure as hell not going to be able to pull a Columbine.

Who am I? Who are YOU?
01-09-2012 03:55 AM
UnschoolShqiponjë Offline
Fanatic

Given 221 thank(s) in 148 post(s)

Pic of the knife I carry in my backpack to come soon. I tell my parents I do it to. Sometimes I gotta walk through ghettos fuck doing it unarmed.

Live until you die
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
01-09-2012 04:57 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Yeah, make sure ya'll niggas secure your shit if you bring it to school.

Blog I post to now:

01-09-2012 05:32 AM
RandomTroll Offline

I carry it in my back pocket, It has never fallen out of it.
01-09-2012 07:42 AM
aCol Offline
Distiller of hate

Boot or secure pocket, once I carried a knife to school (Normally school ends @ 13 o clock, but some classes have afternoon lessons), which I didn't notice.
So afterschool sport (SUCKS), and I changed into my normal pants, then my knife fell out. It wasn't even a illegal one. But that one asshole had to tell the teacher, every single fucking other student would have shut his mouth. Then the teacher took it from me - my knifes hold value - and said she'd give it back @ the end of the school year. She didn't, so I sent in my dad, explaining him why I had it with me in the first place (I've worked on some wood), and she said she wouldn't have it. After he got REALLY angry, she gave it back and said it was in another drawer. Well, maybe she didn't want to give it back a 10 year old child...I know I was young, but damn it I knew how to use a knife...God I hate so much when something like that happens...

Moral: Just put it somewhere it is not seen, nor noticed.

RIP GORE GOROTH

RIP GORE GOROTH

RIP GORE GOROTH
01-09-2012 08:13 AM
Phrozen_Soul Offline
From Now Until Velociraptor

Given 4 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

(01-08-2012 10:27 PM)Efs Wrote:  In Australia we can't carry knives either.
But holy fuck ANYTHING could be used as a weapon...

Is it bad if I've stabbed someone with a pencil to prove this in school?

"Ask them no more questions, never hear them lying"

People say the problem with me is I have psychotic tendencies and care not about other human beings I don't like and or know. So?
01-09-2012 08:58 AM
Sunbourn Offline
Proud crazy cat man

Given 289 thank(s) in 192 post(s)

Quote:Boot or secure pocket, once I carried a knife to school (Normally school ends @ 13 o clock, but some classes have afternoon lessons), which I didn't notice.
So afterschool sport (SUCKS), and I changed into my normal pants, then my knife fell out. It wasn't even a illegal one. But that one asshole had to tell the teacher, every single fucking other student would have shut his mouth. Then the teacher took it from me - my knifes hold value - and said she'd give it back @ the end of the school year. She didn't, so I sent in my dad, explaining him why I had it with me in the first place (I've worked on some wood), and she said she wouldn't have it. After he got REALLY angry, she gave it back and said it was in another drawer. Well, maybe she didn't want to give it back a 10 year old child...I know I was young, but damn it I knew how to use a knife...God I hate so much when something like that happens...

Moral: Just put it somewhere it is not seen, nor noticed.

This is called theft.

Who am I? Who are YOU?
01-09-2012 09:44 AM
geek Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

My friend gave me my birthday present in school and it was a pen knife. So a knife and bottle opener, nail file, ruler, pen, tweasers (it was a girly pen knife Razz)

I didn't really care what the teachers thought, I didn't get the knife out.

I hate it when teachers convisgate things though- they never give it back! got told I would get my phone back at the end of the day and then the teacher didn't give it back and I pretty much recited the convisation of when I could get my phone back.
Then she told me just because I has aspergers it wasn't a excuse to talk back and be cheeky and she perfectly knew what she said earlier. Then she said because I was so "rude" she wouldn't give it back till end of the term. -.- My mum phoned in and made a formal complaint. so luckily I got it back end of the week.
01-09-2012 11:36 AM
zagix Offline
Banned

Given 32 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

Knives kick ass, it's shitty to think they're just weapons (I use mine to cut up weed, for example)
01-09-2012 11:53 AM
Fanatic

Ready? Here is my knife with my multi-tool both kept in my backpack:

[Image: CIMG3185.jpg]

Here is my knife compared to the average water bottle:

[Image: CIMG3186.jpg]

Live until you die
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2012 12:51 PM by UnschoolShqiponjë.)
01-09-2012 12:50 PM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Not bad. Fixed blades are more illegal, though, but who gives a fuck lol... I have a knife similar to that one but less badass looking that I keep at home, and I bring one about the same size around on daily cary, but the one I carry all the time folds.

Blog I post to now:

01-09-2012 06:26 PM
Fanatic

Yea I am pretty sure it is a felony. lol Sorry but the laws don't protect me from some psycho. I need to protect myself. I only have it on me when I have my backpack. I used to have a nice folding knife for any other time but it broke. I really need a new one. I have a balisong at home but to me it is more practical to just have a normal folding knife I can flip open easily. The balisong is mad fun to fuck around with... cut the fuck out of my finger once though.

Live until you die
01-09-2012 06:52 PM
aCol Offline
Distiller of hate

I'd learn to use a balisong using a wooden double, its easy to make and doesn't hurt as much as a real one, just as tip.

Your knifes are pretty neat. Although, the grip of the olive one really would piss me off, I need a flat surface. Are those all you got?

RIP GORE GOROTH

RIP GORE GOROTH

RIP GORE GOROTH
01-09-2012 10:56 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Should teachers carry guns? EntityCubed 15 5,413 02-28-2013 09:53 AM
Last Post: Ky
  I am a terrorist Fire Elf 15 3,206 09-23-2008 01:54 PM
Last Post: Sunbourn