RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
How did/do you rebel?
Lil'Orange Offline
Revolutionary

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)
How did/do you rebel?

I remember when I was 7. They just took me and asigned me to school. They didn't ask me nothing. I remember crying for few days. I didn't want to go to school. I wanted to play. I wanted to be free. So, I rebeled. I didn't talk. To noone. I protested. The whole first year in school. I got grades only from tests and written work. They didn't get it. They thought I had psychological problems. They looked at me like I was a weirdo. My mother once told me that I was lucky they didn't send me to a school for retarded people although I got all A's in school. So, little by little I conformed. I was afraid people would hate me or think I was crazy. When I finished high school I was completely conformed and very unhappy. Now, I'm finishing college and I'm often depressed. I was wondering why. Now I get it. I lost myself. How can I be happy if I'm living someone else's life? I decided not to care about society anymore. I'm gonna be a rebel again and I'm gonna return the missing pieces of my soul. I'm gonna be whole again! I'm gonna be happy and free again! Smile

How about you? How did you rebel?
12-27-2011 07:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Luizao876 Offline
Everyone's favorite Huezillian

Given 22 thank(s) in 17 post(s)
RE: How did/do you rebel?

They don't care if you are really happy if you are at school. if you are not happy, then you are "insane" and "lunatic". WTF?

I didn't rebeled. I just played their game. But the thing that i always hated about school that I was bullied almost everyday. And just now, when I first visited this site and forums, by just typing "school survival" on Google, i saw that they are making me the perfect comsumer and worker. Fuck them!

Now I just want to graduate, get my doctor diploma, and make a clinic at some small town.
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2011 07:29 AM by Luizao876.)
12-27-2011 07:28 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lil'Orange Offline
Revolutionary

(12-27-2011 07:28 AM)Luizao876 Wrote:  I didn't rebeled. I just played their game. But the thing that i always hated about school that I was bullied almost everyday.

Yeah, me too. Although rarely directly, but more covertly, which is the same at the end. I hated my teacher which was very fond of this girl which bullied me. Ano of course I was the weirdo.
12-27-2011 07:48 AM
lanbo Offline
Renegade

I dropt out of university as sophomore 2 monthes ago
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2011 10:13 AM by lanbo.)
12-27-2011 10:12 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

lol, when I was like 5 or something and had to start going to pre-school (equivalent of kindergarten I suppose), I refused, I was screaming, crying and hiding under the table. I somehow already knew school was a place where teachers are mean... not sure where I got that from though. My parents managed to convince me that it'd be fine though, so I came out and let them take me there...

As for later, I wrote some long articles about that private school I was in, it's somewhere in the About section on the main site.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
12-29-2011 01:41 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: plearmagalfax
1312 Offline
It gets better, believe me. :)

Given 44 thank(s) in 30 post(s)

I listen to music, give no fuck about grades or teachers or subject.
And I don't do homework, just listen to teacher sometimes.
12-29-2011 02:07 AM
aCol Offline
Distiller of hate

Given 20 thank(s) in 14 post(s)

Got a 1 ( = A in stupid english grading system) in those two minute speeches my english teachers do. Got an 1 in the tests as well, the least was a 3 (grades go to 1 to 6)
Never did my homework. Its fuckin hilarious. I can say "Hey, should I do my homework and lose motivation, or should I continue getting 1's?"

RIP GORE GOROTH

RIP GORE GOROTH

RIP GORE GOROTH
12-29-2011 02:31 AM
Lil'Orange Offline
Revolutionary

Are you from Germany? According to your grading system...
12-29-2011 02:42 AM
aCol Offline
Distiller of hate

Given 20 thank(s) in 14 post(s)

Don't you say?

Yes, yes I am. It sucks in relations to school. But it could also be worse.

RIP GORE GOROTH

RIP GORE GOROTH

RIP GORE GOROTH
12-29-2011 08:11 AM
avrillavigne12251 Offline
Rebel

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

(12-29-2011 02:31 AM)aCol Wrote:  Got a 1 ( = A in stupid english grading system) in those two minute speeches my english teachers do. Got an 1 in the tests as well, the least was a 3 (grades go to 1 to 6)
Never did my homework. Its fuckin hilarious. I can say "Hey, should I do my homework and lose motivation, or should I continue getting 1's?"

I did that in 5th/6th grade. My teachers would yell at me to pick up my socks and crap, but then, she only counted the test marks, and i had like, straight As.
7th i never did my homework and aced the tests, but heres whats ridiculous: there was a girl i was friends with who did her homework (and got it all wrong) then flunked the test. she got a 75. i got a 63. -.-
oh, and their standardized tests? id ace them and be flunking all my classes. i had a grade 11 in the gates reading tests they forced on us, and i was barely passing ela.

Honesty is the best policy, but Insanity is a much better defense.
Nutter
12-29-2011 10:08 AM
Efs Offline
Fanatic

Given 101 thank(s) in 70 post(s)

(12-29-2011 10:28 AM)pilotguy182 Wrote:  I once brought a wireless router/gateway to school because their network was infested with parental controls and access restrictions. My gateway was confiscated, then I got it back.

Was that when you posted it on SS?
I think I remember that lol

(01-10-2012 02:15 PM)Maelstrom Wrote:  Efs, your nihilism is beautiful.
12-29-2011 12:54 PM
Dirtbikemike Offline
Balls denser than a White Dwarf

Given 78 thank(s) in 45 post(s)

I stopped doing all homework. Believe it or not, they assign so much homework at our school I started FAILING classes. My grades didn't just drop, I started to FAIL their classes. I made it by last year, but this year I might go to bare minimums.

Get this: I have such a stress free life because I forget about school after I leave and don't panic about grades. Every once and a while I have to vent, but I feel great about it. It isn't stressful for me to vent at all.

I also get criticized by my brainwashed classmates for not wanting to have high grades and get a degree. Even my mom does a little deal of the criticism because she was VERY brainwashed into school.

I love to work on my dirt bike and help my dad with his car, and since there are a lot of jobs in the ever-growing auto industry, I'm planning on going to community college to be an auto mechanic. It is actually a passion of mine to work on motor vehicles. The feeling of finally fixing something I was working on is a great feeling to me, especially when it's something I would have paid to have done if I was a lazy fuck.

Balls of Steel:
Hidden stuff:
(01-13-2012 10:37 AM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  Mike you deserve an SS medal. Here, be proud:
[Image: BallsofSteel2.png]
Congrats for doing something I never had the balls to do.
If you have kids, save them from the bullshit you are forced to go through.
(01-25-2012 05:36 AM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  Balls of steel re-awarded. 
(02-07-2012 03:22 PM)flann Wrote:  Balls of Tungsten, now.

I found a picture for tungsten balls
http://bit.ly/xqd1zk

(02-14-2012 03:17 PM)Maelstrom Wrote:  Your balls are denser than white dwarf star matter.
(03-13-2012 08:27 PM)M3116 Wrote:  Balls of steel re-re-reawarded Nutter

(05-14-2013 03:01 PM)Prince Darkstar Wrote:  Dirtbikemike is the only guy I know of on here who won an argument with a teacher.
01-06-2012 04:29 PM
Lil'Orange Offline
Revolutionary

It's great you have found something you are passionate about. Don't listen to you classmates, do what you think is right! Smile
01-06-2012 08:24 PM
McGee! Offline
Defender of...

Given 10 thank(s) in 9 post(s)

(12-29-2011 12:54 PM)Efs Wrote:  
(12-29-2011 10:28 AM)pilotguy182 Wrote:  I once brought a wireless router/gateway to school because their network was infested with parental controls and access restrictions. My gateway was confiscated, then I got it back.

Was that when you posted it on SS?
I think I remember that lol

/goodtiemznostalgia

Sociopath Wrote:
The Desert Fox Wrote:Colbert is awesome.
/threaditude.
Generation Y Cuban blog-English blog
Hidden stuff:
hewhodestroysall Wrote:Honestly I never figured the point of the esrb.
Point is you can't censor reality.
U.S. Supreme Court Justice Abe Fortas, Tinker v. Des Moines (1969) Wrote:In our system, state-operated schools may not be enclaves of totalitarianism. School officials do not possess absolute authority over their students. Students in school as well as out of school are "persons" under our Constitution."
Rebelnerd Wrote:Human rights are being violated by US law enforcement. This is what the media is here for, you're supposed to be the watchdogs! You're supposed to stand up for the downtrodden, not belittle them as though all their problems amount to nothing more than some angry glares toward parents and sabotaging their computers.
I've seen so much shit done to youth and for some reason, this has made me angrier than I've felt in years. Abuse and oppression happens all over the world. It's a terrible reality of modern society, but we've all accepted that it happens and we're doing what we can to fight it and build a better world.
But this...this mindless, condescending disrespect toward people who have no legal voice with which to defend themselves, this reduction of parents' betrayal into a cheap crack about kids being computer-savvy...it's like watching a surgeon joke about life insurance while his patient bleeds to death on the operating table. The media's job is to protect society from oppression and they've drawn a clear line between the people worth protecting and the people that don't matter. How can they people sleep at night?

You're a journalist. DO. YOUR. FUCKING. JOB.

(04-28-2010 08:17 AM)Liquid Wrote:  Laws never seem to help people fight School. Laws only matter if the students are braking them...

(12-03-2011 07:40 AM)SoulRiser Wrote:  Solution to all these problems: don't fuck people you can't negotiate with in a civilized manner.
(02-09-2012 02:14 PM)Absentinsomniac Wrote:  The only solution is democratic self-paced education where students can excel in what they are good at and work on what their not if necessary, AT THEIR OWN DAMN PACE IN THEIR OWN DAMN WAY.

Don't Board the Censor Ship
01-07-2012 07:16 AM
Geeksta Offline
Revolutionary

Given 3 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

How do I rebel? I post hereLaugh
I also point out the stupidity of school rules (ex, my school technically has banned pants), and I continue to speak my mind. Regardless of consequences.

Freedom is never given; it is always taken. So for the fact that you're not a slave, don't thank those in authority. Thank someone with a "bad attitude."
-Kevin Carson

sexual abuse of sheep is baaaaaaaaad
-BaronVonStrangle

School brings us together, but it doesn't bring us together
-Derchin

We lost Vietnam cuz we didn't train our soldiers to quickscope.
-gore goroth
01-10-2012 09:59 AM
Efs Offline
Fanatic

Given 101 thank(s) in 70 post(s)

I REBEL BY POSTING ON SS FORUMS!
VIVA LA REVOLUTION THAT WILL NEVER COME BECAUSE WE'RE ALL LAZY AND PUSSY FUCKS THAT HAVE NO POWER IN THIS WORLD!
yay!

(01-10-2012 02:15 PM)Maelstrom Wrote:  Efs, your nihilism is beautiful.
01-10-2012 02:11 PM
 Thanks given by: plearmagalfax
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

Given 68 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

Lol at what efs said

And maelstrom, let us know what happens

No, this is Patrick.
01-10-2012 02:13 PM
Mælstrom Offline
GIVE ME LEEBERTY, OR GIVE ME DEATH

Given 8 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

Efs, your nihilism is beautiful.

If you're reading this, I killed myself.
01-10-2012 02:15 PM
Lil'Orange Offline
Revolutionary

Well, what EFS said is kind of true. If we gathered together to protest maybe they would do something about it, but we don't. We either rebel in a stupid way or we give up and let other people run our lives. Either way, it sucks.
01-10-2012 09:09 PM
Lung_Drac Offline
Calm Cat Lady

I'm not rebelling, my sub-conscience is. My grades are slipping and my long term memory selectively refuses to kick into high gear these days. I guess a part of me is trying to tell me something is wrong...
02-03-2012 07:18 AM
Kris Offline
Sammish Please

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

I recall one time in math i actually (in middle school eight grade) i always use to get up and walk around and just usually in a small square near my desk and the math teacher Mr. What The f*ck Ever his name was all i remember was he was black and sounded queer keep in mind i am not racist and i just do that every day. i did my usual routine until 3rd period because i do not know why i felt like being a total bad ass and got in trouble a lot. i actually said no fuck you to the teacher every time on that period every one so one day i got tired of it and i said no you know the drill...then i said asshole under my breathe but loud enough he could hear it and the supervisor/security came it was a girl so i didn't feel like fighting her and i usually don't i just like to get in trouble then. she said come on lets go i said do i get a dog treat first i actually use to eat those fried banana dog treats. i use to eat them when i was younger. then when i got up there to the office i said you know the drill i got suspended for 1 day. when i came back i didn't want to bother my math teacher so i just got tired of my English teachers stuff (he was an real a-hole and bullied the kids by getting in there faces and stuff like that) and he got in my face one day and i looked at him like he was stupid and called him a prick im fresh meat now and i still laugh at the moment
05-18-2012 05:07 PM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Given 50 thank(s) in 38 post(s)

A+ signature would seziure again
05-19-2012 01:33 AM
Jak3kinner Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

I dont do anything in school anymore. I used to be all A's and B's in Elementary, and the beginning of Jr High, but since then I dont really give any fucks about school. I've pretty much lost most of my good friends because I found out they're all goody goody fucks who think im just a dumb piece of shit now because I smoke weed and I finally realized school is bullshit. But I dont give a shit about them haha

But yeah, I dont listen to the teachers, I swear loudly at people in the hallway over little things, Like today (im in 2nd period while writing this) some dipshit bumped into me and I said "god damnit why cant you stupid fucks watch where the hell you're going". Hopefully he feels like a worthless asshole now but probably not. I just sit in all my classes and listen to music and ignore all my work.

But yeah, since im like that at school everybody thinks im just a dumb asshole now haha but I just like pissing off all the retards at my school.
05-19-2012 01:59 AM
Slutty Nun Offline
Revolutionary

I wasn't Catholic, smoked weed, got drunk, broke curfew, skipped school, didn't do good in school, dropped out of school, ran away for a few months, lost virginity, "evil" clothing and music, had friends, argued with parents, etc. Only 50% of it seems like rebelling to me but to my parents this made me a Satanist (no offense to any Satanists)
05-19-2012 01:40 PM
4r4b7 Away
im not banned

Given 16 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

(12-29-2011 01:41 AM)SoulRiser Wrote:  lol, when I was like 5 or something and had to start going to pre-school (equivalent of kindergarten I suppose), I refused, I was screaming, crying and hiding under the table. I somehow already knew school was a place where teachers are mean... not sure where I got that from though. My parents managed to convince me that it'd be fine though, so I came out and let them take me there...

As for later, I wrote some long articles about that private school I was in, it's somewhere in the About section on the main site.

Wow.

I live in saudi arabia and in school, teachers our like our friends. we chat, play football and joke around with our teachers. Pupils and teachers are like friends.

Hidden stuff:

05-19-2012 03:17 PM
Slutty Nun Offline
Revolutionary

Why's your username, "ihateteachers"?
05-19-2012 11:55 PM
4r4b7 Away
im not banned

Given 16 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

(05-19-2012 11:55 PM)Slutty Nun Wrote:  Why's your username, "ihateteachers"?

i used to go to a posh private skool where the teachers were strict and bullies. luckily my mum moved me to a state skool quite recently.

Hidden stuff:

05-20-2012 04:09 AM
Electronagon Offline
Cybernet Model 101

Given 3 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

I just sit there and draw in my book or something
Get into a load of crap, but oh well. They can't and won't drag me out of class.

Hidden stuff:

[Image: thumbnail.aspx?q=4560839182713275&am...e4e0c18eeb]
Find the I.

[Image: shooting-two-guns.gif][Image: tommy-submachine-gun.gif]

Fight the power! Pirate
05-20-2012 04:27 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The best way to rebel against school (in progress( zagix 1 5,548 11-03-2012 09:00 AM
Last Post: AtheistLGBTQAnarchist
  Revolution! Rebel! Revolt! scientistB 30 9,024 03-09-2012 03:35 AM
Last Post: Levio_Sah