RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spirit's Blog
Spiritus_Raptor Offline
Ever so slightly sadistic.

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)
Spirit's Blog

Got asked out by a guy today, going out with him with some friends to a Mexican place in a few nights.

Finally got done with school project that has been bugging me.

Just about done with the third Harry Potter book. It's been the only thing I've been reading for the last week.

My hair is getting darker, like it always does in the colder seasons.

Nemo me impune nocet.
10-22-2011 12:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

Given 57 thank(s) in 47 post(s)
RE: Spirit's Blog

What's your favorite harry potter book?

Life is good. Jeta është e mirë. Goingcrazy
Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

Zoidberg: What is it, already? What's the cause of your anger?
Leela: I guess I would have to say, I hate you!
10-22-2011 01:07 PM
Spiritus_Raptor Offline

(10-22-2011 01:07 PM)Prince Rilian Wrote:  What's your favorite harry potter book?

The Prisoner of Azkaban so far.

Nemo me impune nocet.
10-23-2011 01:25 AM
Spiritus_Raptor Offline

Two of my friends had gas outages, some sort of leak, so we went to the Mexican place tonight. Had a good first date with the guy who asked me out.

Still don't know how I managed to get Asian Zing chicken at a Mexican place... I call conspiracy.

Nemo me impune nocet.
10-23-2011 07:29 AM
Spiritus_Raptor Offline

A combination of gym, and stacking 10 ricks of wood has made me sore as hell.

For whatever reason, i'm watching Dragon Ball Z. It's not as bad as some of the other stuff so far.

Still in a rage over a couple of things.

1. Got in trouble in English for turning on "Siege of Furnace " because it was to violent and didn't convey enough "emotions" like we were supposed to.
2. Also got in trouble in English because forgetting my folder with my work in it at home is the same as not spending 3 hours on the assignment.

A girl im friends with looked at me on the bus and goes "Your funny, nice to people you could be a good gay guy." Then I had to tell her who I liked so she would tell people im bi and not gay. Im still not sure exactly what happened.

Nemo me impune nocet.
10-29-2011 12:38 PM
UnschoolShqiponjë Offline
Fanatic

Given 221 thank(s) in 148 post(s)

(10-29-2011 12:38 PM)Spiritus_Raptor Wrote:  A combination of gym, and stacking 10 ricks of wood has made me sore as hell.

For whatever reason, i'm watching Dragon Ball Z. It's not as bad as some of the other stuff so far.

1. Got in trouble in English for turning on "Siege of Furnace " because it was to violent and didn't convey enough "emotions" like we were supposed to.
2. Also got in trouble in English because forgetting my folder with my work in it at home is the same as not spending 3 hours on the assignment.

A girl im friends with looked at me on the bus and goes "Your funny, nice to people you could be a good gay guy." Then I had to tell her who I liked so she would tell people im bi and not gay. Im still not sure exactly what happened.

WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA.

I can help you with the emotional part.

I have the urge to ask for your schools email and teachers name so I can voice my opinion on them punishing you for your creative writing.

Live until you die
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-29-2011 03:53 PM by UnschoolShqiponjë.)
10-29-2011 03:52 PM
Spiritus_Raptor Offline

(10-29-2011 03:52 PM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  
(10-29-2011 12:38 PM)Spiritus_Raptor Wrote:  A combination of gym, and stacking 10 ricks of wood has made me sore as hell.

WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA.

I can help you with the emotional part.

I have the urge to ask for your schools email and teachers name so I can voice my opinion on them punishing you for your creative writing.

Thank you, but I'm good. Let's just say some of those joke shop stink bombs really stink.

Nemo me impune nocet.
10-30-2011 01:58 PM
Spiritus_Raptor Offline

Silver tongue mother fucker. Managed to talk my dad into letting me have back the computer and Tv.

Some kid at school wanted me to remake my Spetsnaz soldier drawing for some reason. Almost got caught in English. Don't know why we can't draw what we want. Bitch nearly confiscated my best Studio C notebook.

Relating to school: Acuity. Miss one problem in Algebra and get 5 practice lessons. Seems reasonable. I mean, we're talking basic math here, if you miss any problem they send you back to square one basics.
Example, miss any inequality problem and you get solving one-step inequalities, graphing slope over Y-intercept, and other basic and painfully simple lessons.

Need to find that god damned string for my longbow.

The library NEVER has city of glass.

Nemo me impune nocet.
11-23-2011 03:22 PM
Spiritus_Raptor Offline

Want to add friends on Steam but I don't have a full account. I'll probably scrounge around for some pocket change and buy something for Tf2. Probably something for the medic. Do they have a gun to replace the syringe gun?

Oh god, Thanksgiving tomorrow. Hopefully I can just eat some dinner then seclude myself in my room.

Also, Home Alone! Not the movies, but being home alone. Love it. I can't wait for summer.

Should be getting Stronghold Collectors edition in the mail tomorrow.

Nemo me impune nocet.
11-24-2011 02:37 PM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Given 60 thank(s) in 49 post(s)

You do archery? Awesome Biggrin

[Image: glorious666.png]
11-24-2011 02:40 PM
Spiritus_Raptor Offline

Thank you.

Nemo me impune nocet.
11-25-2011 02:45 AM
Spiritus_Raptor Offline

Hory Shet, managed to grab Empire: Total war and Napoleon: total war for $7.49 with like 5 seconds remaining on the deal. Reminds me of one of those movies where the guy defuses the bomb at the last possible second.

So yea. Able to add friends and all that fancy shit now.

Probably wouldn't have been so much adrenaline if i had gotten up earlier, stayed up till 4:00 am. Got up at what, 12:30?

Nemo me impune nocet.
11-26-2011 04:14 AM
Spiritus_Raptor Offline

Valve, you're killing me. San Andreas for $3. I had to.

Nemo me impune nocet.
11-26-2011 01:06 PM
Spiritus_Raptor Offline

God I am so freaking hyper right now.

I just, really need to finish this math paper. 6-2, Solving systems by substitution, god. Easy, but dull. Insanely dull. Hmm, 10:34 at the time of typing.

Yea, I need like doing something insanely complicated. I don't mean to pull a Shqiponje but I won't go into details about what.

Rofl Oh my god, fuck me, Jesus, what is wrong with me, I don't know. Tacos? Tacos. I want Tacos.

Nemo me impune nocet.
12-08-2011 01:40 PM
Spiritus_Raptor Offline

I know you disapprove Baron, but I bought a large amount of items from the Mann Co. Store yesterday. Like, 30 something items.

hmm, what to do. I have the potential to make a respectable amount of do$h this weekend, but it might drive me to the very edge of my sanity. I think I'm gonna go for it.

Screw Art, Screw Algebra I, and Screw Science. Christ, I'm about to send these damn assignments through the window.

Nemo me impune nocet.
12-12-2011 10:43 AM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Given 50 thank(s) in 38 post(s)

30!??!!??!??!

Jesus dick the cheapest thing from the store costs £5 (technically 0.99 but steam wallet will only accept a minimum of £5) but still buying 30 items?

u gonna b poor
12-13-2011 02:59 AM
Spiritus_Raptor Offline

Nah. There was a sale on a bunch of stuff like the Backburner was 46 c, and most of the rest was starter items for 99c. I spent a total of $5. I'd rather have spent it on steam games or other items, but it was given to me specifically for the Mann Co store.

Nemo me impune nocet.
(This post was last modified: 12-14-2011 07:23 AM by Spiritus_Raptor.)
12-14-2011 07:21 AM