RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Funny How My Parents Are Still Telling Me to Get a Job...
GamerGurl Away
"Queen of Cosplay"

Given 233 thank(s) in 157 post(s)
Funny How My Parents Are Still Telling Me to Get a Job...

Yet I have no fucking clue what my social security number is! I have asked my mother a couple days ago but she just tells me "later", or something along the lines. Then when I ask for something I want and fight about it, her and my dad talk about how I'm not looking for a part-time job. They even come back from places telling me they're willing to hire, but how can I even apply with one of the most essential pieces of information required on an application that my mom is too lazy to give me? Fuck that!

I'm very distraught about another thing, too. My mom has been going to this social services place that she has to do for a month (or less if she gets a job). If she doesn't go she will lose her benefits like the EBT. Well it's kinda like school. I mean, she has to wake up like at 4:30am and she has to take the city bus back and forth. It only runs every hour-on-the-hour, and sometimes it's even very late. She can come home as late as 6pm. She'll then lie down on the couch and sleep there until nighttime where she'll go to sleep again. She'll do this Monday through Friday. Can't believe she doesn't feel any pain like this like my sister has had going to high school.

I also love how my mom gives my sister options, talking about some kid who's the son of my aunt's maid who has honor roll in his classes and excels in math and is willing to tutor. My sister doesn't want that, and then explains the fact that she can't believe she's giving her options when my sister has tried ever since 6th grade to do online homeschooling. And yet... my mother judges it and is against it even though she's never TRIED it. And aren't parents supposed to boast about trying new things? Fuck this.

I'm here with my GED, sitting at home on my computer everyday, sleeping very little due to the fact that I don't make pretty much any energy just sitting down (I'm not fat because I'm like 110–115lbs), and I'm 16, thinking about how foolish my parents are thinking how easy it will be for me to get a job. It's taken my mom years to try and find a part-time job, so they need to be a bit realistic here and see that I'm not going to be hired just like that. It's all sickening. All of it is.

A couple of days ago, however, I was able to pressure my dad enough to give me a subscription to one of my video games. Yet my mother still refuses to give me back my Xbox cord, and she has the audacity to tell me to wash the dishes. Even just the spoons and forks... and the only good reason she has for me is: "I live here, too." I don't want to help that son of a bitch in any fashion. She, my dad, and all the other employees of school and allied public schoolers, forced me to get my GED. They forced me to go through the public school bullshit. It's one reason I loathe my parents, and wish to push them out of my lives once I can move out at 18.

With this immense amount of free time I have on my hands, I will create a YouTube video discussing how public school is nothing but a form of enslavement. It'll be the "KONY 2012" video of 2013. Like I have said previously—the time has come. We need to use this new year to our advantage.

Seven crappy hours of our lives.
02-12-2013 10:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Funny How My Parents Are Still Telling Me to Get a Job... - GamerGurl - 02-12-2013 10:58 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Wink My reaction to school telling me no Geicosuave 2 1,310 01-31-2017 12:03 AM
Last Post: Sadly_Not
  School authoritarians telling us we can't listen to music ..V.. 2 1,651 09-16-2013 11:20 PM
Last Post: ..V..
  my teacher is telling me what not to read neversurrender 42 6,542 09-24-2009 11:01 AM
Last Post: Loxor