RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ranting about school
nanda Offline
Defiant

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
ranting about school

i really really hate my school. i am a freashman in highschool.
last year i got into 2 schools, the one i go to now and another school called LaGuardia. LaGuardia is a REALLY good arts school that is really hard to get into. i got in for visual arts but for some STUPID reason i chose not to go and pick the other school. all these kids from my old school go to Laguardia and they are all really cool and popular now. I hate to think that could be me. I reapplied to LaGuardia but now i'm just thinking that any high school i go to i will be unhappy. I am a really lazy and i complain a lot so i think IM the problem. the academics at LaGuardia are MUCh harder than at the school im at now and Im barely passing my classes at this school. i feel like all my teachers are out to get me. especially my math teacher. like she does some pretty unjustified stuff. like almost everyday she gives me half credit for participation even though i CONSTANTLY raise my hand for every question she asks. the fact is that im not even kidding. one day i i raised my hand for the entire period, to answer EVERY question and she didnt call on me once. it was like she was joking. but she still gave me a 1 out of 2 for participation. what the fuck? not to mention that she marks me late every other day when im clearly not late if im the third person in the room. and is she so bored with her life that she assigned math homework every night if she is in the hospital with a broken kidney and a shattered skull (not saying she has--but she totally would) and when she gives us a math test that counts for 35% of out entire grade she still gives us a page of problems out of the math textbook. DONT YOU HAVE ANYTHING BETTER TO DO THAN GRADE HOMEWORK??? but besides math its hard to get good grades. my school uses this stupid online grading thing called "jupiter grades". im going to re name it "lets ruin my life" its like a online gradebook. your grade for every class is complelty annoyingly accurate to the decimal point. Oh and your parents are on it too. and jupiter grades likes to shit on my weekend by sending them a "weekly report card" every freaking friday with my pathetic little grades. In middle school i hade like a 96% GPA because i was nice. not because i did homework or knew answers. teachers in my school dont give two shits if your nice. thats not 35% tests and quizzes, 15% homework 20% projects 10% classwok & participation 20% finals. theres is no space to suck up or squeeze by. its retarded and if i go to summer school instead of camp im going to be pissed becuase im really not stupid maybe lazy but im not the kind of person to fail a class.
i just had my christmas break and the day before school i was complaining to my mom about how i really didnt want to go back to school and i hate going back after a long break and how i wish i was homeschooled or went to boarding school so i didnt have to deal with my school tomorrow. My mom took the boarding school thing reallly seriously and said do you really think you want to go to boarding school? i know a really nice boarding school in Massachusetts that we can visit. my friend works there. Boarding school will really help you academicaly and become more independent. i got kind of freaked out why she got so excited by the whole idea. but she showed me what looked like a really nice school. its called Deerfield Academy. the name sounds suuuper preppy. its SO expensive though and going on a schoolarship would be too much pressure and im definetly not smart enough. i cant stop thinking about going to a boarding school...i would be away from my parents, the bitches at my school, my teachers, i could go to college, have a future...it sounds good. but i would so scared--and what would i tell my friends?? i thought about lying and saying i got cought smoking pot and now my parents are sending me to boarding school...what if i dont make friends at boarding school? they are probably all snoody rich kids, i wouldnt fit in at all.
soooo yeah. i feel much better getting this off my shoulders..
01-04-2012 12:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
ranting about school - nanda - 01-04-2012 12:54 PM
RE: ranting about school - Stadium - 01-04-2012, 03:45 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Ranting on Tumblr with Arrogant People... Estelle 36 9,655 01-29-2014 09:05 AM
Last Post: Lime
  Some ranting Dirtbikemike 6 3,358 05-18-2012 03:03 PM
Last Post: ExpiredDough
  Ranting...and a few questions. aCol 5 1,866 02-16-2012 09:48 AM
Last Post: aCol
  me ranting about college and sucky job qualifications Prince Rilian 8 2,771 02-03-2011 03:22 PM
Last Post: Prince Rilian
  Ranting, plans, and thoughts Ramzinator 4 1,898 04-02-2009 04:52 PM
Last Post: Ramzinator
  Ranting about my math teacher. Hanny's Old Account 23 4,501 02-05-2008 08:20 PM
Last Post: brontosaurusrox
  Ranting and Raving. Cosbydaf 50 7,387 05-04-2007 11:05 AM
Last Post: Dark Soul X