RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worst ever Teacher?
conservativesaint Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
RE: Worst ever Teacher?

Junior year, I had a Spanish teacher who did not know how to use the grade book program that is used on the computer. The problem was that my grade had locked in and was the ONLY one to lock in so I got an F as a result of it. I was pissed since I wanted to mentor freshman,go out for dance,cheer,ASB and be a DECA officer and be a Running Start student at my local college and get on Homecoming court and that would hurt me in the end of junior year. So, I was gonna get mad at her and call tech support so that they can tell me how to fix the gradebook and restore the value that was missing. She was missing a value in her gradebook that made it one grade less or even 2 grades less. It was a good thing she left but I did not get to mentor,do dance or go out for cheer sadly. I should had dropped Spanish 4 and taken 3-d Animation,Business Communication,Web Design or another class and then a foreign language at the college.
12-01-2011 09:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Worst ever Teacher? - NeonMarshmallow - 10-12-2011, 08:54 AM
RE: Worst ever Teacher? - Miller0700 - 10-12-2011, 09:17 AM
RE: Worst ever Teacher? - NeonMarshmallow - 10-13-2011, 06:07 AM
RE: Worst ever Teacher? - aaaaaaasd - 10-13-2011, 12:49 AM
RE: Worst ever Teacher? - Prince Rilian - 10-13-2011, 03:54 AM
RE: Worst ever Teacher? - Phrozen_Soul - 10-16-2011, 06:02 AM
RE: Worst ever Teacher? - Efs - 10-17-2011, 05:33 PM
RE: Worst ever Teacher? - conservativesaint - 12-01-2011 09:20 PM
RE: Worst ever Teacher? - Leon Kinotolian - 12-02-2011, 08:03 AM
RE: Worst ever Teacher? - Marlena403 - 06-11-2017, 05:00 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Who's the worst teacher you've had? tootsie_turtle 42 26,204 06-11-2017 04:28 AM
Last Post: Marlena403
  Worst English Teacher Ever NightThoughts 16 13,275 06-11-2017 04:22 AM
Last Post: Marlena403
  What's was/is your worst teacher and why? Depression101 5 3,247 04-29-2017 10:20 AM
Last Post: James Comey
  Who's the worst teacher you've had? tootsie_turtle 1 1,975 04-10-2014 04:55 PM
Last Post: (´・ω・`)
  worst teacher ever? MM 6 3,351 08-28-2008 02:54 PM
Last Post: Freak