RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Math problems need answered
themikoinblue Offline
Defiant

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
Math problems need answered

Since math in general is my mortal enemy and my Algebra 2 teacher spent class talking about ancient Egypt and Caesar. I spent time to work on my manga. Can you help me answer these problems for my homework?

|x-1|=5x+10

|2x-3|=4z-1

|3x+5|=5x+2

3|4w-1 |-5=10
09-10-2009 08:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Desu Offline
Fanatic

Given 340 thank(s) in 182 post(s)
Re: Math problems need answered

Since you're a weeaboo. I will gladly answered you're questions. What sort of anime do you watch?

Most linear absolute value equations will produce 2 different values that satisfy the equation. Observe:

Code:
|x-1|=5x+10

(1)
x-1 = 5x+10
x = 5x + 11
-4x = 11
x = -(11/4)

(2)
x-1 = -(5x + 10)
x-1 = -5x - 10
x = -5x - 9
6x = -9
x = -(9/6)
x = -(3/2)

The answer is x = -(11/4) , -(3/2)

Code:
|2x-3|=4z-1 <<< I'm going to assume this was a typo.

(1)
2x-3 = 4x-1
2x = 4x + 2
-2x = 2
x = -1

(2)
2x-3 = -(4x - 1)
2x - 3 = -4x + 1
2x = -4x + 4
6x = 4
x = 2/3

The answer is x = -1 , 2/3

Code:
|3x+5|=5x+2

(1)
3x+5 = 5x+2
3x = 5x - 3
-2x = -3
x = 3/2

(2)
3x+5 = -(5x + 2)
3x+5 = -5x - 2
3x = -5x - 7
8x = -7
x = -(7/8)

x = 3/2 , -(7/8)

Code:
3|4w-1 |-5=10

(1)
3|4w - 1| = 15
|4w - 1| = 5
4w - 1 = 5
4w = 6
w = 3/2

(2)
Using the result from above...
|4w - 1| = 5
4w - 1 = -5
4w = -4
w = -1

w = -1, 3/2

RIP GORE GOROTH

He was an hero. He will always be remembered.
09-10-2009 09:02 AM
themikoinblue Offline
Defiant

hmm I watch various genre's from shoujo to horror. Right now i'm in my vampire anime phase. Go hellsing!
09-10-2009 12:04 PM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Given 28 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

themikoinblue Wrote:hmm I watch various genre's from shoujo to horror. Right now i'm in my vampire anime phase. Go hellsing!
What of Vampire Knight? O.O Oh shiz, the manga must've updated five times by now.

(Didn't expect me to be slightly weeaboo did you? I think that's the first anyone here has heard of it.)

Anyway, I'm off to manga fox.

[Image: True-Blood-Banner-true-blood-2196368-500-82.jpg]
Faith o' Meter
-{|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||}-
Quote:Riddle me this, riddle me that. Give me a straight answer, you pain in the ass cat.
09-10-2009 12:41 PM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Given 36 thank(s) in 34 post(s)

For popular manga you might want to use OneManga. I prefer MangaFox for the most risque of manga however, as they tend to update those more.

http://mangadownload.net/ Very good place for downloading manga, although some of their chapters/volumes/series have been flipped (from right-left to left-right)

It died... Shit.

[Image: 9be30a7.png]
[Image: LyingFloraBanner.jpg]
09-10-2009 04:16 PM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

I do the same, but for some reason I've been going to mangafox more. Oh shit, I'm ditzy, I didn't finish Vampire Knight yet...

Faith o' Meter
Quote:Riddle me this, riddle me that. Give me a straight answer, you pain in the ass cat.
09-13-2009 12:45 PM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Given 36 thank(s) in 34 post(s)

I've been reading Dance in The Vampire Bund recently. It's a good manga. It contains some loli, but the main attraction is the plotline.

[Image: 9be30a7.png]
[Image: LyingFloraBanner.jpg]
09-13-2009 02:11 PM
Hanny Offline
Fanatic

Given 6 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

Everyone go read or watch Strawberry Panic. and Chi's Sweet Home.

[Image: 72eoaf.gif]
<Darthmat> I love the taste of meat in my mouth. Cory, I don't know how you live without it.
<Darthmat> "Forbidden meat tastes sweetest."

Penisometer
8======================================================================o
Conclusion: Still a penis.
09-14-2009 05:58 AM
random_name Offline
Fanatic

Given 15 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

CrayolaColours Wrote:I do the same, but for some reason I've been going to mangafox more. Oh shit, I'm ditzy, I didn't finish Vampire Knight yet...

I'm watching the vampire MKnight anime. Nearly finished episode 13. i think thats the last one, then vampire knight Guilty?

Hidden stuff:
"A 'no' uttered from deepest conviction is better and greater than a 'yes' merely uttered to please, or what is worse, to avoid trouble." - Mahatma Gandhi

"The irrationality of a thing is no argument against its existence, rather a condition of it."

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Ben Franklin

"when I was a kid I used to pray for a bicycle. then I realized that god doesn't work that way. so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness."
"I would rather die for something I believe in than live for anything else."
"What is the task of higher education? To make a man into a machine. What are the means employed? He is taught how to suffer being bored." – F W Nietzsche
[Image: s-event.png]
09-14-2009 06:16 AM
Frost Elf Offline
Renegade

AWOL Wrote:For popular manga you might want to use OneManga. I prefer MangaFox for the most risque of manga however, as they tend to update those more.
CrayolaColours Wrote:Anyway, I'm off to manga fox.

you're on mf? didn't expect for anyone on this site to be...

[Image: funny-7.gif]
if i could do this, i so would.

MANGA!!

you can't beat me.

my brother is a baka.

Quote:Looking up into the night sky is looking into infinity - distance is incomprehensible and therefore meaningless.

The Desert Fox Wrote:It's not a "disorder" to have a different state of mind than someone else. (If anyone puts that in their sig, you win.)
10-12-2009 08:28 AM
MorikoMisa Offline
Fanatic

Given 3 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

Hanny Wrote:Everyone go read or watch Strawberry Panic. and Chi's Sweet Home.

Yes and yes. Laugh

Anyone read or watched FMA lately? Just finished the Anime and almost caught up on the Manga.

Also MangaFox was my favorite until someone *cough*Loxor*cough* introduced me to OneManga.

*SPARKLING* *DOUCHEBUCKETS.*
10-12-2009 08:34 AM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

MorikoElven Wrote:

Yes and yes. Laugh

Anyone read or watched FMA lately? Just finished the Anime and almost caught up on the Manga.

Also MangaFox was my favorite until someone *cough*Loxor*cough* introduced me to OneManga.
But MF has more, but One Manga updates quicker. Also, I watched FMA, I have a friend that adores Edward Elric. She wants to get a B-day cake with him on it. I always waned to get around to reading the manga.

Faith o' Meter
10-12-2009 08:40 AM
MorikoMisa Offline
Fanatic

Given 3 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

CrayolaColours Wrote:
MorikoElven Wrote:

Yes and yes. Laugh

But MF has more, but One Manga updates quicker. Also, I watched FMA, I have a friend that adores Edward Elric. She wants to get a B-day cake with him on it. I always wanted to get around to reading the manga.

You'd be surprised how much of a difference there is between the Manga and the Anime, especially after lab 5. Also Yay for your friend, Edward Elric is one of my heroes!

*SPARKLING* *DOUCHEBUCKETS.*
10-12-2009 08:44 AM
Loxor Offline
Fanatic

Given 11 thank(s) in 10 post(s)

MorikoElven Wrote:Yes and yes. Laugh

Wink

You have not caught up, next chapter is OUT.

Hanny Wrote:Everyone go read Pluto
Fix'd <3

But MF has more, but One Manga updates quicker. Also, I watched FMA, I have a friend that adores Edward Elric. She wants to get a B-day cake with him on it. I always waned to get around to reading the manga.[/quote]

MF is always slower for me.

Never allow the anime to substitute for a manga, it will take the story in a different direction.

Anything that ever happened or will... one condition, it has to be amazing.

I gave her wings but she don't wanna fly no more.

I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay
Watching the tide roll away
Ooo, I'm just sittin' on the dock of the bay
Wastin' time
10-12-2009 06:42 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Tongue Chemistry Homework need answered PLZ Chally1971 4 4,889 01-08-2013 06:41 AM
Last Post: no
  Math problems. Equations. omghaha9798 10 7,267 04-26-2012 12:58 PM
Last Post: Miller0700
  Math story problems. Pre Algebra. omghaha9798 2 3,411 04-25-2012 01:05 PM
Last Post: SaintVicious
  A few more math problems that I need help with IllusoryDeath 4 3,134 10-01-2009 09:58 AM
Last Post: IllusoryDeath
  Help me with two math problems? IllusoryDeath 3 2,571 09-21-2009 11:11 PM
Last Post: IllusoryDeath