RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graffiti
Spot-ify Offline
Pariah

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)
Graffiti

Before I continue I would just like to say I do not condone damage to property nor do I condone graffiti unless it is done in a lawful place.

Basically there is this big ass bridge near where I live and somebody has wrong in paint "Make love not
war" Now, I would like your opinions it is a great statement however would you class it as morally wrong.

For further record I don't know who did it either but I like it.

I used to be "The circus" as I forgot my login, but then hey-ho I remembered it.
09-16-2009 04:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
monkey Away
Fanatic

Given 26 thank(s) in 17 post(s)
Re: Graffiti

I would approve of it. Since what is a plain wall doing? Holding up something, May as well spread art.

Had to move on. Account is dead.
09-16-2009 04:43 AM
Spot-ify Offline
Pariah

Suppose so although Graffiti like "Gemma is a slut" etc is incredibly annoying , somebody posted a similar thread on a local forum and it seems 50/50 on weather people agree or not.

I used to be "The circus" as I forgot my login, but then hey-ho I remembered it.
09-16-2009 04:51 AM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Given 28 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

Depends on what is said. It should also be said that if they suck at art, they should GTFO. I don't want to be strolling through the park (this is assuming we have a decent one) And see crappy art everywhere. Though if it's a meaningful statement, I'll let it slide. If it's a scenic place, then no, there's a time and a place. I really don't like my town looking like shit.

[Image: True-Blood-Banner-true-blood-2196368-500-82.jpg]
Faith o' Meter
-{|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||}-
Quote:Riddle me this, riddle me that. Give me a straight answer, you pain in the ass cat.
09-16-2009 05:13 AM
Spot-ify Offline
Pariah

It isn't art per se it just has meaning and the bridge an eye sore anyway.

I might take a picture tomorrow

09-16-2009 05:18 AM
Eidolon Away
Fanatic

Given 37 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

Graffiti is totally cool with me if it's on a billboard or something like that.

But it is the lame when it's on somebody's house.
09-16-2009 05:19 AM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Spot-ify Wrote:It isn't art per se it just has meaning and the bridge an eye sore anyway.

I might take a picture tomorrow
If the building already looks like shit, then I'm perfectly fine with it.

Although drawing gang signs is stupid, there's no time or place for that.

Faith o' Meter
Quote:Riddle me this, riddle me that. Give me a straight answer, you pain in the ass cat.
09-16-2009 05:46 AM
John Tuttle Offline
Fanatic

Given 5 thank(s) in 5 post(s)

Exactly. I don't think all graffiti is evil or good. Their is a time and place for it.

[Image: funny-gifs-wax-on-wax-owl.gif]
09-16-2009 07:08 AM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Given 36 thank(s) in 34 post(s)

I painted a person hanging themselves at my school once. They interviewed every single person in the school trying to find out who it was.

[Image: 9be30a7.png]
[Image: LyingFloraBanner.jpg]
09-16-2009 07:52 AM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

Given 106 thank(s) in 80 post(s)

I write and I don't see it as wrong, public property is okay I pay taxes too (if that isn't good enough then fuck you) I dont go near houses or anything though. that just makes it an unnecessary pain in someone's ass.
As for your specific piece, That is kick ass Biggrin

@ AWOL thanks for the stencil idea.

All that being said I do not condone or promote the writing of graffiti in anyway shape or form. None of my post has any bearing In The real world it is all made up for the purpose of the story.
09-16-2009 10:37 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

AWOL Wrote:I painted a person hanging themselves at my school once. They interviewed every single person in the school trying to find out who it was.
Ownage. Did they ever find out?

Faith o' Meter
09-16-2009 12:47 PM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Given 36 thank(s) in 34 post(s)

No, but they punished the whole school Rolleyes . Managed to get out of it though, helped a teacher figure out what was wrong with his laptop Biggrin .

[Image: 9be30a7.png]
[Image: LyingFloraBanner.jpg]
09-16-2009 03:46 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Freedom faction graffiti stencil progress The Desert Fox 14 4,314 08-01-2011 09:59 AM
Last Post: The Desert Fox