RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
why is FLE taught in school but not philosophy?
khoi12 Offline
Defiant

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
why is FLE taught in school but not philosophy?

There's alot of crap that's taught in school that no one wants or needs to know. 6000 thousand years ago people didn't know how sex worked and they survived. But my question is why is crap and propaganda taught in school but not the most important thing: philosophy and wisedom. its probably the most important. it helps u mature as a person. it provides insight into the world and makes the planet a better place. if one, just one entire generation is taught wisedom and philosophy no matter wat their race, religion, or wealth, the world may forever be a better place. but no. its not important. wat is important is learning wat they want u to learn so you can become a mindless worker to benefit society. they dont care if ur happy or not. they dont care if u have an immature and stupid mind. all they care about is that u vote for them and make them money. that's the reason y the world is the way it is: incompetence, ignorance, and greed.
01-11-2010 11:18 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ceiling Cat Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 15 post(s)
Re: why is FLE taught in school but not philosophy?

Hey, hello there fresh meat. Nothing of that all is new, but that's what we are here for, right? At least it's good to know there is someone with some common sense left.

Problem, officer?
Hidden stuff:
TrueAnarchist Wrote:and to think, i could be yiffing a hot vixen right about now
CrayolaColours Wrote:He just admitted today that he spent two hours...errr... shaking hands with the Bishop afterwards.
The Desert Fox Wrote:I thought when I downloaded it it was already emulated.
zagix Wrote:I'm stuck to the fagarena because I'm a fag
CrayolaColours Wrote:Woman up, will you? Grow a damn pussy and get over yourselves.
01-11-2010 11:26 AM
TheCancer Offline
Fanatic

Given 568 thank(s) in 340 post(s)

What's FLE?

If you want to be a different fish, you've got to jump out of the school.

Captain Beefheart
01-11-2010 12:05 PM
Ceiling Cat Offline
Fanatic

Family life education. Referred to as sex ed, and it's the ultimate guideline how to be a boring Mr. Smith next door.

edit: Also the cause of rising degeneration rates, and infantilizing teens so they feel 'free' to fuck each other like rabbits.

Problem, officer?
Hidden stuff:
TrueAnarchist Wrote:and to think, i could be yiffing a hot vixen right about now
CrayolaColours Wrote:He just admitted today that he spent two hours...errr... shaking hands with the Bishop afterwards.
CrayolaColours Wrote:Woman up, will you? Grow a damn pussy and get over yourselves.
01-11-2010 12:26 PM
magikarp Offline
Valerie Solanas

Given 68 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

Ceiling Cat Wrote:edit: Also the cause of rising degeneration rates, and infantilizing teens so they feel 'free' to fuck each other like rabbits.
why should they not 'fuck each other like rabbits', excepting things like STDs and pregnancy, which are more practical considerations than moral ones?

"Do we treat straight public sex differently than we do gay public sex? Of course. Straight people are so proud of their public sex that they named a cocktail after it."
01-11-2010 12:39 PM
Ceiling Cat Offline
Fanatic

Because it's pointless and morally degrading, succesfully lowering self-esteem and the will to do anything else. Also the main cause of retardation among this age group, as well as a serious threat to those who choose not to participate in this miserable excuse of a lifestyle.
Of course I don't mean only this age group either. But the sex ed is the cause.
It keeps people from maturing, as without it such immature fuckgroups would die out in a flash. More often than not, a 14 year old operating on feelings and common sense can feel more responsibility for such things than a 25yo drunkard who does it all 'legally' because education said so.

Problem, officer?
Hidden stuff:
01-11-2010 11:50 PM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

Ceiling Cat Wrote:Because it's pointless and morally degrading, succesfully lowering self-esteem and the will to do anything else. Also the main cause of retardation among this age group, as well as a serious threat to those who choose not to participate in this miserable excuse of a lifestyle.
Of course I don't mean only this age group either. But the sex ed is the cause.

To me it seems like you hate the whole thing in school where people have sex all the time and brag about it thing in a way to make themselves feel great more then actual sex itself. Believe me I know how you feel when I had to listen to idiots brag about this in a effort to prove their sexuality like some medal when this is about as gay as you can be while being straight if any. also I when I stayed with my dad(good time to mention I'm from a black family) I had to deal with him and his families trying to get me laid 24 freaking seven.

Quote:It keeps people from maturing, as without it such immature fuckgroups would die out in a flash. More often than not, a 14 year old operating on feelings and common sense can feel more responsibility for such things than a 25yo drunkard who does it all 'legally' because education said so.

How does sex keep people from maturing? if anything general society keeps people from maturing as they give sex that forbidden taboo label that makes teens so drawn to it and makes them feel special for doing it. as for the age thing I agree, My dad must have sex at least 20 times a week and all with different girls but he's aleast smart enough not to get women pregnant now.

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
01-12-2010 12:35 AM
Ceiling Cat Offline
Fanatic

hewhodestroysall Wrote:To me it seems like you hate the whole thing in school where people have sex all the time and brag about it thing in a way to make themselves feel great more then actual sex itself. Believe me I know how you feel when I had to listen to idiots brag about this in a effort to prove their sexuality like some medal when this is about as gay as you can be while being straight if any. also I when I stayed with my dad(good time to mention I'm from a black family) I had to deal with him and his families trying to get me laid 24 freaking seven.
It's only that. And you're not the only one who has a family expecting you to be a 'straight gay'.

hewhodestroysall Wrote:How does sex keep people from maturing? if anything general society keeps people from maturing as they give sex that forbidden taboo label that makes teens so drawn to it and makes them feel special for doing it. as for the age thing I agree, My dad must have sex at least 20 times a week and all with different girls but he's aleast smart enough not to get women pregnant now.
I didn't say it does. If not forced, people are ready to do it at 13 earliest... but since the retarded peer influence and bullshit law, the only teen cases are those sick ones - as there's no way to have it the right way, AND there are almost no people who wouldn't submit to the bullshit herd.
Confession tiem - if the world allowed me to, and didn't kill off my future wife prematurely, I'd be ready to run a family when I was 14. I realized it back then as well, and it would be all the good way - no slutty 'experiences' on both sides, nobody forcing to do anything... seriously, if it weren't for the stupid system trying to teach people the obvious, just so they won't want to learn it.

You pretty much get all that I mean, thanks probably to having a bad example nearby in both cases.

Problem, officer?
Hidden stuff:
01-12-2010 01:02 AM
The Desert Fox Offline
Waging war with conviction

Given 102 thank(s) in 75 post(s)

Like random_name said, if sex ed wasn't so "ZOMG CONDOMZ HAV A 50% FAILIN R8 PLUS SECKS IZ FORBIDENN BY DA LORD" then maybe teenagers wouldn't see it as a "rebellious act" and "condoms will just fail anyway, who cares if I don't use one". Thus so, teenage preganancies would most likely lower.

Hidden stuff:
(11-27-2011 01:00 PM)psychopath Wrote:  
(11-27-2011 10:52 AM)Efs Wrote:  Our Army is more professional than Amerika. Smile
Except ours isn't allowed to have guns
CrayolaColours Wrote:That post owned. TDF wins post of the year.
Faby Wrote:
krissy Wrote:dessert fox
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
"There is no enemy, there is no victory, only boys who lost their lives in the sand."
[/center]
01-12-2010 03:38 AM
Loxor Offline
Fanatic

Given 11 thank(s) in 10 post(s)

It's almost exactly like dare but the results of rebelling are so much better.

Anything that ever happened or will... one condition, it has to be amazing.

I gave her wings but she don't wanna fly no more.

I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay
Watching the tide roll away
Ooo, I'm just sittin' on the dock of the bay
Wastin' time
01-12-2010 03:39 AM
Vatman Offline
Foreplay in Ink

Given 98 thank(s) in 67 post(s)

I don't really know what the OP is about, but as far as teenage sex...I highly doubt that sex itself lowers IQ. In fact IQ in its very essence is the intrinsic amount of wisdom a person has. So technically it shouldn't raise or lower if one were to have a doctorate in philosophy vs. A GED.

Some cupid kills with arrows, some with traps.
01-12-2010 03:51 AM
Loxor Offline
Fanatic

Wait... what the hell is FLE?

Wastin' time
01-18-2010 02:30 AM
Ceiling Cat Offline
Fanatic

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Loxor, read the fucking thread.

Problem, officer?
Hidden stuff:
01-18-2010 07:15 AM
Loxor Offline
Fanatic

I never read that post.

Lawl.

Wastin' time
01-18-2010 07:35 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Sith Philosophy (´・ω・`) 1 1,884 06-25-2014 07:32 AM
Last Post: brainiac3397
  8-Bit Philosophy thewake 20 6,252 05-28-2014 04:46 AM
Last Post: Chanku
  A couple of Philosophy questions? LiptomaticMate 34 14,684 12-21-2012 12:11 PM
Last Post: Ky
  My Own Philosophy: A Rambling thewake 8 4,472 04-02-2012 07:22 AM
Last Post: thewake
  Zagix, drugs, and lessons it's taught me (Bulgvar read) Manofman 10 4,083 01-25-2012 01:49 AM
Last Post: aaaaaaasd
  The Winner/Loser Philosophy (Parts 1-2) Asder Miller 17 11,994 01-18-2012 01:10 PM
Last Post: Stadium
  My life philosophy. Incollegenow 2 2,043 06-28-2009 04:11 AM
Last Post: Incollegenow